Skyworks Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skyworks Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in September 2017.

Interview

Applied during the university career fair and had an on-campus interview. Some RF basic questions like smith chart, matching and load line, and some BJT questions like relationship between currents in common-source.

Interview Questions

• How to optimize the number of matching components used with the smith chart?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

I receive a email, ask me for the available phone interview time. the question was not difficult, matching network, transmission line, filter etc. I can feel the interviewer has much experience in RF.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It's a phone interview. Received a call from the designer manager. He asked about my backgroung went through my resume to pick up some topics he interested. It lasted about an hour.

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Newbury Park, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took one week. I got a call from the recruiter. She asked me questions from my resume and at the end she told me that they already hired someone for that position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Group first. One on One later. • RF/microwave transistor amplifiers
    o Various power amplifier classes – differences/pros/cons
    o I/V curves, load lines, operating points, bias
    o Low noise amplifier circuits
    • Impedance matching using a Smith chart – with inductors, capacitors and transmission lines
    • Passive circuits - Filters, duplexers, directional couplers, and other passive RF components/circuits
    • S-Parameters
    • Use of simulation tools such as ADS or HFSS
    • RF test equipment
    • Receiver circuits
    o Superheterodyne, direct conversion, pros/cons/differences
    o Phase noise, Sensitivity, Noise Figure
    • Modulation types and PA circuit implications

Interview Questions

• • RF/microwave transistor amplifiers
      o Various power amplifier classes – differences/pros/cons
      o Superheterodyne, direct conversion, pros/cons/differences
      o Phase noise, Sensitivity, Noise Figure
      • Modulation types and PA circuit implications   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First Hr interview and then technical Interview with 2 persons on phone. Then they talked for almost an hour. It was a good experience, though. They give you enough time and repeat the questions if needed. They are knowledgeable. Prepare the basic stuff and things on your resume thoroughly.All the best for other people.

Interview Questions

• S-parameters, Smith Charts, Noise Figure, Stability, Impedance matching, CE, CB, CC amplifiers, LNA design, Noise Circles, Stability Circles.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Newbury Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One day on-site after phone interview with team manager.

Did a 45 mins presentation in the morning on previous experience. Met 6 managers and team leaders one by one, each 45 mins. Questions cover testing, PA, LNA, microwave basic and system design. Basic but they prone to dig in-depth if you were not sure.

Interview Questions

• What is the relation between sideband regrowth and measure of AMAM.   Answer Question

Fabrication Technician Temporary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Northridge, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

basic work hour questions and current situation.
    ask some lab experience when i study in my project.
    what the project is, and what i do during the project.
    what experience get from the project.
    talk about the salary and support in the future.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your interest in Skyworks and based on the job description why do you think you are a strong candidates for this role?

2. What would be the 4 or 5 most important things you are looking for in your next ideal company and/or position?

3. Why are you looking to leave your current employer, or reason for leaving last employer?

4. What is the breakdown of your current or most recent ending compensation (salary, bonus, and anything else that goes in your annual w-2 earnings – all listed separately)?

5. What are your salary requirements and the minimum base salary (not including bonus or other things that bring your wages higher) that you would be open to if a strong opportunity is presented to you?

6. What shifts are you open to? We have 4 shifts and are a 24/7 365 days a year manufacturing site shifts are 12 hours 5:30pm – 5:30am, or 5:30am – 5:30pm working a 4-3-3-4 work week.

7. This position is located in Southern California by Thousand Oaks (Newbury Park) if you could please confirm you are open to relocation to this area at your own cost, or commute to this location. We do not pay for relocation at this level.

8. Are you a permanent resident, or do you require sponsorship?   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

Interview

I applied online through company website, the hiring manager emailed me several days (less than a week) after I submitted the application, and scheduled a phone interview which last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• LC tank, dBm conversion, some device physics, and some other basic analog/RF questions, can't quite remember.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A couple of weeks later a HR person contacted me to schedule for a phone interview with a hiring manager. On the day of the interview, the hiring manager called me and immediately started asking technical questions. It took almost 50 min. The questions were arranged from simple to difficult level. A week later, the HR person contacted me and invited me for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the most difficult questions was about different parameters and model of an integrated circuit component.   1 Answer