Skyworks Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skyworks Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2018

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted after several weeks by the hiring manager for a phone interview. Scheduled an interview for the next week and got an offer one week after.

Interview Questions

• We mostly talked about the projects on my resume and how it fits their current needs. Some basic process engineering questions. More questions about fabrication practices.   1 Answer

Test Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screening then invite onsite to interview with hiring manager then another onsite to interview with 9 people. the process in general was very lengthy boring, no focus, interviewers has no experience in interviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

• Most of questions are very basic which gives you the feeling of the team is weak and not focused   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2018.

Interview

I talked with an engineer at a career fair and was called to interview on campus and later called to interview on site. The interview on site was difficult and consisted of several rounds of individual/group interviews. I took a tour of the facility.

Assembly Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted through email by Talent Acquisition a few days after applying online on the company's website. They asked my phone availability, and we scheduled the date and time for a phone interview for about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked how I would rate my proficiency in a few different things: soldering, microscope use, electronic test equipment use, and Excel. Then just a few logistical questions like expected per hour rate, and job start date.   Answer Question

RF/Analog Design Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Greensboro, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online through Skyworks website and was contacted around 1-2 months later to schedule an interview. Interview was onsite at their design center with all travel expenses reimbursed. The interview was fairly relaxed and lasted for around 4-5 hours. I met with 5 design engineers and the university relations coordinator and discussed my interests as well as projects I've done and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, I was mostly asked about group projects I've worked on and a few questions regarding Smith Charts and inductors.   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Interview

Some questions about Smith chart, C-MOS analog circuit, transmission line, S parameter, Amp design.... Those questions are simple, but if you answer those basic questions well, they will dig deeper.

Electronic Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Irvine, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

4-round interview. A phone interview by HR followed by 3 rounds of interview by engineers. Easy conversation. Technical questions are mostly based on the projects on the resume. All of the engineers are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions: Describe the situation you are under tremendous pressure.
      Technical questions are mostly based on the projects on the resume.   Answer Question

RF Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in December 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview for a co-op position from irvine location. Some technical questions were asked. The interviewer is pretty polite and supportive, kind of guide you through the questions.

Interview Questions

• gate capacitance of noms under different bias condition.   Answer Question

LNA Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

Interview

The process took 1month I was finally interviewed at Skyworks. There were 6manangers asked me different RF and Microwave questions. the questions included basic analog IC question EM questions RFIC question and a lot of microwave engineering questions. I am waiting for the results.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in September 2017.

Interview

Applied during the university career fair and had an on-campus interview. Some RF basic questions like smith chart, matching and load line, and some BJT questions like relationship between currents in common-source.

Interview Questions

• How to optimize the number of matching components used with the smith chart?   Answer Question