Skyworks Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skyworks Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Group first. One on One later. • RF/microwave transistor amplifiers
    o Various power amplifier classes – differences/pros/cons
    o I/V curves, load lines, operating points, bias
    o Low noise amplifier circuits
    • Impedance matching using a Smith chart – with inductors, capacitors and transmission lines
    • Passive circuits - Filters, duplexers, directional couplers, and other passive RF components/circuits
    • S-Parameters
    • Use of simulation tools such as ADS or HFSS
    • RF test equipment
    • Receiver circuits
    o Superheterodyne, direct conversion, pros/cons/differences
    o Phase noise, Sensitivity, Noise Figure
    • Modulation types and PA circuit implications

Interview Questions

• • RF/microwave transistor amplifiers
      o Various power amplifier classes – differences/pros/cons
      • Modulation types and PA circuit implications
      Answer Question

RF Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First Hr interview and then technical Interview with 2 persons on phone. Then they talked for almost an hour. It was a good experience, though. They give you enough time and repeat the questions if needed. They are knowledgeable. Prepare the basic stuff and things on your resume thoroughly.All the best for other people.

Interview Questions

• S-parameters, Smith Charts, Noise Figure, Stability, Impedance matching, CE, CB, CC amplifiers, LNA design, Noise Circles, Stability Circles.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Newbury Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One day on-site after phone interview with team manager.

Did a 45 mins presentation in the morning on previous experience. Met 6 managers and team leaders one by one, each 45 mins. Questions cover testing, PA, LNA, microwave basic and system design. Basic but they prone to dig in-depth if you were not sure.

Interview Questions

• What is the relation between sideband regrowth and measure of AMAM.   Answer Question

Fabrication Technician Temporary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Northridge, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

basic work hour questions and current situation.
    ask some lab experience when i study in my project.
    what the project is, and what i do during the project.
    what experience get from the project.
    talk about the salary and support in the future.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your interest in Skyworks and based on the job description why do you think you are a strong candidates for this role?

2. What would be the 4 or 5 most important things you are looking for in your next ideal company and/or position?

3. Why are you looking to leave your current employer, or reason for leaving last employer?

4. What is the breakdown of your current or most recent ending compensation (salary, bonus, and anything else that goes in your annual w-2 earnings – all listed separately)?

5. What are your salary requirements and the minimum base salary (not including bonus or other things that bring your wages higher) that you would be open to if a strong opportunity is presented to you?

6. What shifts are you open to? We have 4 shifts and are a 24/7 365 days a year manufacturing site shifts are 12 hours 5:30pm – 5:30am, or 5:30am – 5:30pm working a 4-3-3-4 work week.

7. This position is located in Southern California by Thousand Oaks (Newbury Park) if you could please confirm you are open to relocation to this area at your own cost, or commute to this location. We do not pay for relocation at this level.

8. Are you a permanent resident, or do you require sponsorship?
      Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

Interview

I applied online through company website, the hiring manager emailed me several days (less than a week) after I submitted the application, and scheduled a phone interview which last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• LC tank, dBm conversion, some device physics, and some other basic analog/RF questions, can't quite remember.   Answer Question

RF Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A couple of weeks later a HR person contacted me to schedule for a phone interview with a hiring manager. On the day of the interview, the hiring manager called me and immediately started asking technical questions. It took almost 50 min. The questions were arranged from simple to difficult level. A week later, the HR person contacted me and invited me for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the most difficult questions was about different parameters and model of an integrated circuit component.   1 Answer

RF Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Woburn, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A week later a HR person contacted me to schedule for a phone interview with a hiring manager and the test engineer. And then its followed by an onsite interview after a week. I met with 4 separate people focusing on RF & Programming knowledge. After 5 weeks, I was invited for one more onsite interview with 2 Sr. Managers focusing on RF again. Couple weeks later, I was asked to schedule a phone call with one of the directors. And one more week from here, I happened to have an interview scheduled with one more Sr. Director. However no feedback either from recruiter or interviewers. Very Lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to basics of RF Testing, Smith charts, Amplifiers, Test Equipment, Modulation concepts, MATLAB & LABVIEW.   Answer Question

Design and Validation Engineer/Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was long. I met with 5 separate people, each with their own specialties, which tested me on a wide range of Electrical Engineering topics including Electromagnetism, Microelectronic Circuits and Analysis, Semiconductor Physics like transistors and diodes, and Communication Systems.

Interview Questions

• On a Smith Chart, where is the open and closed port?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a on campus interview first, and then followed by a on-site interview. At the campus interview I was asked some conceptial questions, and I also inroduced some of the projects I have worked on. At the on-site interview, I introduced my past projects again, and then engineers started to ask me my project related questions. The process of answering these questions were more important than the actual answers, cause they wanted to see how I tackle questions, instead of how I memorize standard answers. People were pretty nice at the interview.

IC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It takes 2 month form career fair to the first phone interview, and another month I get the on-site interview. It is a very low efficiency process. Sent the email to ask the process and no one reply usually.It takes 2 month form career fair to the first phone interview, and another month I get the on-site interview. It is a very low efficiency process. Sent the email to ask the process and no one reply usually.

Interview Questions

Skyworks Solutions Response

Jun 8, 2016 – Sr. Communications Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Skyworks values feedback and utilizes this type of information to improve our processes and ensure all candidates have a positive experience.