Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.9

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, standard questions, started with an opening and closing by the interviewer describing the job and asking if you are a citizen and if you are willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult legal issue you encounter and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Application- referral- interview with option of appearing in person or over the phone. I opted for in person. There were 3 interviewers and 5-6 Behavioral questions and details about the job and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and why you want to work for SSA?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work in a group and someone wasn't doing their part? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What course of action would you take if your supervisor reached a conclusion you didn't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to research a difficult issue- how did you go about writing an the opinion?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a heavy work load?   Answer Question

Attorney Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Fayetteville location. Applied via mail application to Atlanta office. Called for an interview. Before the interview I was given documents that had to be turned in within 2 days. Documents included tax forms, direct deposit, finger print cards, and some other documents. Interviewers read from a script and asked maybes 5 questions. Interview was really short. Was told they didn't do the hiring and that Atlanta office would notify them of the candidate they selected.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a confrontation with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a group when someone didn't pull his or her share of the work? If so how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when a supervisor has a problem with your work or sees something differently from you?   Answer Question

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted three days after announcement closed, interviewed three days later and received fingerprints cards three days later. It was for a bilingual position so I had two panel members one that spoke English only and the other one who was testing my language skills. It lasted around 45 min and they asked behavioral questions. For the foreign language portion I had to translate the questions and answer in Spanish. I received an offer a week after I mailed my fingerprints.

Most of the questions are based in past occasions dealing with difficult coworkers, difficult customers, exposure to diversity, dealing with difficult matters.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time:
      That you had to deal with a difficult coworker
      That you Received criticism from supervisor
      That you have to communicate a difficult matter to a client
      Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through a site other than USAJOBS. Emailed resume, cover letter, references as requested to email address provided. Was emailed about a week letter to set up a phone interview for the following week. The interview was conducted by two managing attorneys. It only lasted about 20 minutes. My references were called a few days later, but I was never contacted with an offer or notification of non-offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you felt the ALJ recommended a decision that you did not feel was supported by substantial evidence?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

In Person- it lasted about an hour. Fairly straight forward no curve balls. The person was very straight forward with me from the beginning. I emailed the app and they called me in to come the next week.

Teleservice Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Lengthy process but definitely worth it! They take a really long time to notify you. It was a panel interview. They do a background check and finger printing. I kept calling to check the status and finqlly I got offered the job. They discuss all benefits in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Euclid, OH).

Interview

My first encounter with SSA was at a college job fair about 3 months from graduation. The lady there was dressed to the nines and seemed a little snobby. I later found out she was a manager. Haha. She had a poker face and seemed uninterested taking everyone's resume. I thought I wouldn't hear from them.

I received an email a couple weeks later that directed me to their web testing site. I took a damn long 2 or more hour long personality assessment test that keeps on asking the same Q's till it gets your true feelings... can't be a faker on that test.

A couple weeks later, I went in for a panel interview and the snobby lady was there again, this time she seemed nice but tough. There were 5 or 6 managers and experts present. First each asked a question, then I was given an complex law with many points and about 3 minutes to digest it, then I was asked to apply that to a scenario and another 4-5 grilling questions. I felt good about it but wasn't perfect.

Maybe a month later, as another employer had interest in me, I was called for an interview at a semi local office with what turned out to be the Regional hiring manager and the branch manager. It was maybe 30 minutes long. 4-5 questions more on how I handle stress and the public...also on personality.

Next, a couple weeks later, I had to drive an hour away to what turned out being my field office where I was informally interviewed by what was to be my Manager. She asked Q's more on personality and after she took me to get fingerprinted.

Almost 3 months passed and I was already working as an assistant manager in training at Target and he Regional manager called to ask if I was still interested and if so, I report to training in 2 weeks.

I accepted. As a scholar, with a b.a. in politics sci, I was a GS-7 and went thru long and complicated training class via satellite from Atlanta then toughed it out to GS- 11 step 3 before resigning due to the immense stress.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a difficult situation.   1 Answer

General Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with 2 people. Took about 20 minutes. They asked the standard questions. Nothing out of the box or too exciting. You will be able to get through the interview. Make sure you are prepared. They did not give me a set time or day. Just told me they would call sometime in the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the position?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me what will keep you exciting about the work?
      How do you handle stress?
      How do your handle criticism?
      Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

I met with the panel of 2 people in the San Diego office.it was a nice experience.they are very friendly.it was a half an hour interview with 6 questions. they introduced themselves and started to ask questions.