Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fort Wayne, IN) in April 2010.

Interview

Review the Vacancy Announce carefully for all the important detail you should consider in your application, interview is the same with the public sector as it is with the private sector preparing is key ingredient, number and type of interview depends on the agency, advice federal employers are looking to hire the best candidate for the job, on the job training is provided so match their needs as close as you can even if you substitute a skill that utilizes the same qualities, characteristic, knowledge, tasks and attitude for achieving the agency mission, the work culture in very friendly and co-worker are there to lend a helping hand when needed because team work goes a long way to achieving goals, agency size depends on budget but you are provided with the workspace and tools required to complete the task.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Federal agency is set as far as pay and benefits but some agency offer different kinds of benefits such as tution assistance or student loan repayment, relocation expense, use of public transportation for work, day care for child or adult, fitness center so look at what is being offer as a benefit and compensated with the salary and you usually come out ahead.

Attorney-Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I received an email stating that telephone interviews would be conducted on three days and asking me to select a time to interview. The interviewers were reading off a script and did not allow for much off of the script until the end when I was allowed to ask questions. I was then called about two weeks after the interview with the job offer and started around two weeks after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was firm.

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview with one attorney and two HR people. The interviewers were relatively friendly. The questions were all being read from a standard form, and the attorney interviewer only followed up on one of my answers with his own question. Be prepared for some awkward silences because after answering a question, the interviewers silently take notes for up to a minute. Several of the questions seemed slightly repetitive, and several of the questions did not seem to relate much to the skills needed for the position. Most of the questions were behavioral. The interview lasted for approximately a half hour, which included a description of the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about a time when I had difficulty working with a superior.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Geneva, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Had to travel a bit for an open interview spot. Scenario questions. This is more task based than one on one client contact, so point out those experiences. Much more laid back than I expected. Interview lasted about 2 hours, and was around 10-15 questions, followed by a reading of what social security is, then repeating it without seeing the definition.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were asked to do more than you could accomplish? Did you question this? What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for job, contacted the HR regarding status. Was not contacted until 4 months after closing date. Did over the phone interview basic questions nothing difficult. A panel of five did a round robin of asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself? What are your customer service skills? If I were to ask your current boss what your greatest strength is, what would he or she tell me? Describe a crisis you faced at work. What was your role? How did you resolve it? What were the results? Describe your overall decisions making process with limited details and or facts?   Answer Question

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview. I was very confident. My energy level was sky high. My interviewers energy level was much lower. I am not sure how I was rated. However, I was very confident.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Antonio, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

A group of managers conduct behavior based interviews. They're not too creative. You can google behavior based interviews to find the questions to prepare. As long as you give examples of how you worked well in a team, can take constructive criticism, ignore negative criticism and are able to research things you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you received criticism and how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Clifton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position 12/2014. Called back for an interview 02/2015. Finger printed the same day. Interview process lasted about an hour and a half. Interviewed by two individuals. Documents were referred to hiring officials, but not selected at the time. No explanation provided for non selection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful time in your life, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with Managers. The interview was 1 hour and a half. Behavioral and situational questions. There were 13 questions, keep in mind there is 3 to 4 questions within each question. You must answer every part of the question. You are given time to think before you answer you may have the question repeated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in dealing with difficult customers. Tell me about a hard decision you had to make. Tell me about a time you were overwhelmed with deadlines. What does excellent customer service mean to you. Why do you want to work at SSA. Tell me about your experience in resolving in resolving conflicts with coworkers/supervisors. The last question, I was given 5 minutes to answer, it consisted of me being an expert in something and telling someone step by step in detail how to do it. From what I do remember about the situational ones, if a mom came in with 2 children and she was having a hard time getting through the interview what would you do? What documents would prove that a person is married pictures of the wedding, marriage certificate dated the same year, W2'S, What documents would prove a child lives with their biological father   Answer Question

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Phone interview was conducted. I received an email 1 week later stating that I was in the 2nd phase of the interview process and for me to complete fingerprints and background check.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just describe a time.... questions.   Answer Question