Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Interviews at Social Security Administration

2.9

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Interview

The interview took an hour and a half and it was via phone. They asked six behavioral type of questions and two regular questions. I am waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview was two hours long with a panel of two managers via phone call. There were a lot of situational questions “tell me about a time when you,” there were two hypothetical questions about how you would react/what you would do in a certain situation. The last question asked me to tell them about something I’m an expert in (could be a hobby). They also encouraged me to talk about personal interests too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodbridge, NJ) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview was conducted via the phone with 3 managers from 3 different locations. It started out with an introduction of the position and what the job entails and then it went right into the questions in which almost all of them were based on the STAR method. My every answer rendered 2-3 more follow up questions from each question. The whole interview lasted about an hour & a half.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you worked on a project and had a deadline to complete it. It could be personal or work related such as planning a wedding or a deadline for work.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you had a difficult client, how did you handle and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for a position with social security?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you know a lot about (they gave 5 mins to think about or not down my thoughts). Explain about it as if we absolutely nothing about it.   Answer Question
    • If a man comes in stating he is a child’s father, what type of document would show proof he is the father? Follow up question was giving me a list of different types of documents such as birth certificate with another mans name on it & I had to tell whether or not it was acceptable as proof and why or why not. List consisted of about 5 different documents.   1 Answer
    • If a woman comes in with a letter stating she is married to a man but they have been separated for the last 3 years & she have no contact with him. How can she prove she is still married to him.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Mainly situational questions, where they asked about certain experiences and how I handled them. A few theoretical questions and what I would do in those situations as well. They did not as me why I wanted this job in particular.

Interview Questions

• A woman comes in with a letter saying her and her spouse got divorced, how do you prove this is true or not?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with an angry customer, explain the customer, what you did, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for a panel interview. They asked 1- scripted behavioural questions along with roleplay. I was then invited for a 2nd round with the district manager to discuss about the position and lifestyle more in depth

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and your supervisor didn't agree with each other.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied for a claims specialist position and received an interview. The interview was by phone with a panel. They used the STAR method of interviewing, meaning they asked how I responded in certain situations, such as dealing with difficult or angry people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer, and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Interview

I found the job announcement and submitted application online on usajobs. A few weeks later got an email to schedule a phone interview. The interview was panel, and it lasted about half an hour.

Bilingual claims specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online through USAjobs, did the necessary assessments. I got a call a month later to schedule a phone panel interview with 3 managers of SSA, scheduled for the next day. Apparently, they're really looking to hire immediately, so the panel was the one and only interview. They were pretty nice, made sure to remind me to take my time thinking through questions, all of them behavioral. The last couple of questions, I had to answer in Spanish. Overall, they were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a client   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were under stress and what you did.   Answer Question
    • The majority of our clientele include the sick and elderly, the mentally or physically disabled, how would you interact with them?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell us something that you know a lot about. 5 minutes to prepare.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time something/someone did not adhere to you levels of integrity.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to complete a deadline.   Answer Question
    • A woman comes in and you have to verify if she is married. She claims that she hasn't heard from her husband in 3 years, brings in a letter stating as much, her birth certificate and their valid marriage certificate. Is this enough to prove they are still married?
      If not, you check the registry for divorce papers and you do not find anything with his name anywhere. Is this still enough?   Answer Question
    • (Answer in Spanish) What do you know of SSA?   Answer Question
    • (Answer in Spanish) What are some examples of expenses?   Answer Question

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

by phone and a panel interview. one interviewer was rude often cutting me off before answering all questions. expected me to do math during the interview and answer simulated questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in January 2020.

Interview

Pretty laid back , panel of three people and they made me feel comfortable and advised me not to overthink the questions. I know I’m over qualified but it’s a way to get back in so u have to remain positive and know this will not be the end all be all.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a person who needed benefits but don’t have the complete documents   2 Answers