Stericycle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stericycle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stericycle.

Interview

First went through a phone interview asking about my background and why I was interested in this position. Immediately scheduled time to come in and interview with staff. About a week later did a physical interview with multiple team members, each with their own set of questions. All these staff members ended up being people I worked with later. There was a mix of personality questions and skills review questions.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stericycle (Lake Forest, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone call with HR and in person interview with 3 team members. Very standard interview process, was not intimidating, easy to talk with the team members, and fast response time.

Hospital Waste Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stericycle (Yakima, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

i applied online. i was directed to the actual hospital site and had to spend 30 minutes or so going through their screening process as well in addition to the usual online procedure with stericycle.
    not pleased.
    i was surprised when i was contacted by the hiring manager literally the next day to schedule an in person interview. i arrived at the interview about 5 minutes early and found the hiring manager ready to go. it was a general interview about the position, my experience and some of the issues she was having finding good help in the area as most of her workers were having drug issues and being reliable.
    after she found out a had a degree her demeanor suddenly changed. i thought "oh boy, here we go..." then she tried to refer me to other positions within the company etc
    thats never a good sign.
    and i was right.
    the next day i received the general rejection email. i feel like i completely wasted my time with this company. she already had my resume etc if i was overqualified why even call me in?
    once i get a plant manager job again, you can bet i will NEVER use stericycle for my plants environmental needs or otherwise.

Route Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stericycle (Itasca, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

First they gave me a phone interview. We talked about driving and working experience. The Supervisor expressed a value of teamwork and asked my opinion of teamwork.
    Second was an in person interview. Again more discussion of team work but also a description of the facility's workflow and could I see myself fitting in that team and workflow.
    Third was called back in to sign an offer letter. Then sent directly for a DOT physical.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that would keep you from being available to work any scheduled route?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any physical limitations that would keep you from completing the tasks?   Answer Question

Customer Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stericycle (Irving, TX).

Interview

I feel that I had more control over the interview then the interviewers. I applied for one position but was provided with information regarding all the positions they were hiring for. The interview environment was very comfortable. The employees that met were pretty nice.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stericycle (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Three interviews total. First, an introduction/short interview with the manager. Second, a longer, more in depth and "scripted" interview with a higher ranking manager. Third, an interview with someone in executive management. The member of executive management that interviewed me last was crass, arrogant and slightly insulting. I am not sure if this was his strategy or what.

Interview Questions

• If you witnessed another employee stealing or cheating the company, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate benefits after 30 days, rather than 90. Denied.

Customer Service-Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stericycle (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I was interviewed through Kelly Services On a Temp to Hire bases that included a Typing Skills Test, Customer Service Assessment, Mandatory drug screening, and one on one interview with a staffing agency recruiter. I am very excited to work for this company I have heard good things.

Interview Questions

• Computer skills a must
      Experience in call center environment?
      Dependable?
      Wpm?
      Customer Service Assessment   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stericycle (Northbrook, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick it was 2 ppl who interviewed me. 1 lady kept yawning and saying it was Friday and she was tired. They each had a packet of questions they asked, however they were basic interview questions.

Environmental Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stericycle (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call inviting me to interview. I had one interview, with the Manager and Shift Supervisor at the same time. They asked about my background in chemistry, before informing me that I was being interviewed for a lab pack chemist position. I didn't apply for that position. They asked what I expected for wages. They walked me through the plant, told me it was dirty, hot work, and asked if I really wanted the job (I should have walked away right then).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stericycle in April 2016.

Interview

I was e-ailed by a recruiter shortly after applying for the job, but that was the highlight of my experience. Recruiter failed to confirm a time for a phone screening and I had to call her between times she specified. She then failed to send me a confirmation e-mail for a follow-up interview with he manager, and the manager called an hour before the time she had stated in the phone screening. I declined the phone call from the manager and did not interview for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer