Swiss Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swiss Re Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

Vice President Interview

Interview

behavioral based interview questions were not difficult. Not strong HR support for managers. It took them forever to set a time for the interview. Then HR did not get back to canidates for quite a while

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re in May 2017.

Interview

First round, one of the analysts in team interviewed me. Basically go though the resume and ask about the details in previous experience. Second round, I interviewed with the hiring manager though Skype. He asked me some technical questions rooted in my previous experience and introduce the job tasks involved in the internship. Then I also had a brief talk with an HR about the internship details. Overall, all the HR and interviewers are very friendly and nice.

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

The HR intake part of the interview process was very bad. People were not polite and i was surprised to see this was the first introduction of their culture. Based on what i had heard in the industry, i expected something different

Interview Questions

• Work experience...honestly, while they asked the question, i did not think they cared about the answer.   Answer Question

Senior Information Architect Interview

Interview

It was very professional, they were equally concerned of both their company and me. They respected and were good listeners. The questions were applicable and they also checked on the personality.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe why do you think you would fit the position?   Answer Question

Property Underwriting Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephone interview, very helpful and polite HR. General behaviour questions. He arranged the next round of Maths interview at the end of the first round of telephone interview. There will be 4 rounds of interviews, after the Maths interview with line manager there will be a face to face interview, then AC... It sounds very tiring but compared to the pay - worth the effort.

Interview Questions

• Why Swiss Re? Why reinsurance? Describe a team work challenge. Negative feedback recently.   Answer Question

Analytic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online and get a phone interview a month later, then received email for two more phone interview. One tech and one more HR interview. The tech interview lasts 45 min with VP that I think is designed for resume questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in October 2016.

Interview

I did an on campus first round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and it was mostly behavioral questions. I am personally not very good at answering behavioral style questions so my advice to students applying to Swiss Re for an internship: prepare adequately beforehand different answers to different kinds of behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't highlighted on your resume that is important to your identity.   Answer Question
    • How would your professors describe you? Why?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in October 2016.

Interview

Was selected for a first round interview on campus. Was then scheduled for 2 interviews with various divisions. One was an online Skype interview, the other being over the phone. Mostly behavioral questions with one or two questions regarding technicalities in the insurance industry.

Interview Questions

• If I assembled a team consisting of clones of yourself, what would be the most pressing issue that would arise?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with entire department and was given a thorough history of the company. Then they described the departmental needs. Then they asked me about my background. Lastly they asked me if I could describe a situation where I worked on project that exceeded my expectations.

Interview Questions

• My background and wanted to make sure I was up to taking on various tasks.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

I was called in for 2 one-on-one interviews with 2 different low level managers and then a week later called in for another one-on-one interview with the head of the department. It was a fairly easy process but did take a long time for them to call back and make an offer. 3 months from beginning to end.