Swiss Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swiss Re Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

Senior Information Architect Interview

Interview

It was very professional, they were equally concerned of both their company and me. They respected and were good listeners. The questions were applicable and they also checked on the personality.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe why do you think you would fit the position?   Answer Question

Property Underwriting Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephone interview, very helpful and polite HR. General behaviour questions. He arranged the next round of Maths interview at the end of the first round of telephone interview. There will be 4 rounds of interviews, after the Maths interview with line manager there will be a face to face interview, then AC... It sounds very tiring but compared to the pay - worth the effort.

Interview Questions

• Why Swiss Re? Why reinsurance? Describe a team work challenge. Negative feedback recently.   Answer Question

Analytic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online and get a phone interview a month later, then received email for two more phone interview. One tech and one more HR interview. The tech interview lasts 45 min with VP that I think is designed for resume questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in October 2016.

Interview

I did an on campus first round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and it was mostly behavioral questions. I am personally not very good at answering behavioral style questions so my advice to students applying to Swiss Re for an internship: prepare adequately beforehand different answers to different kinds of behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't highlighted on your resume that is important to your identity.   Answer Question
    • How would your professors describe you? Why?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in October 2016.

Interview

Was selected for a first round interview on campus. Was then scheduled for 2 interviews with various divisions. One was an online Skype interview, the other being over the phone. Mostly behavioral questions with one or two questions regarding technicalities in the insurance industry.

Interview Questions

• If I assembled a team consisting of clones of yourself, what would be the most pressing issue that would arise?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with entire department and was given a thorough history of the company. Then they described the departmental needs. Then they asked me about my background. Lastly they asked me if I could describe a situation where I worked on project that exceeded my expectations.

Interview Questions

• My background and wanted to make sure I was up to taking on various tasks.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

I was called in for 2 one-on-one interviews with 2 different low level managers and then a week later called in for another one-on-one interview with the head of the department. It was a fairly easy process but did take a long time for them to call back and make an offer. 3 months from beginning to end.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Swiss Re in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by actuary who is also VP. She spoke at a slow pace. Started by introducing this position as well as relationship among departments, and asked me some general questions. Went through my resume first, followed by some behavioral questions. Left about 7 min for me to ask questions. I prepared 4 questions, but she spoke too slow that I only asked 2 and then time was out. Still waiting for response tho.

Risk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Windsor, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

Routine phone call by the HR staff. More like a friendly chat at most times and I actually had fun. I kept following up with emails and I was selected for an on-site interview with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe "innovation".   1 Answer

Data Science(@SwissRe) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlebury, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Middlebury, VT).

Interview

Simple phone screen interview, all the questions were straight forward and it was a getting to know you sort of thing. Asked about a project I'd worked on, why I was interested in the company, etc. Fairly predictable and straightforward questions. I was surprised when, based off of that, I was told I was not being considered for a second more technical interview.