Swiss Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (White Plains, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

one HR round with two on call technical interviews. In technical interview in depth knowledge of all the projects you have worked was very important. Interviewer assumed that I already know basics of linear and logistic regression, so asked more questions on NLP

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the projects you have worked   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

Very nice people, genuinely interested in meeting me. Asked intelligent questions, gave a great sense of with working for them would be like. The interview itself took an hour and we chatted for a bit after the formal part of it was over about my interests outside of the office.

Interview Questions

• What is your working style like?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and phone interview a week later. it is a 30-minitue phone interview with member in actuarial team which go through the every part of your resume and some typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an actaury? And why actuary in the health industry?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Horrible experience. There was one round of video interview which has super easy behavioral questions. Then came the final interview. There were three people who interviewed me at the same time. And they were too stingy that they did not fly me out to their office so the phone interview was very awkward with three people whose faces I did not know. The interview was more like an interrogation with no reciprocation of what I just said. Overall, terrible experience. They should know that this is a two-way interaction. After the interview, I would not want to work for them either!

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Two round interview. The first round is basically some basic questions to get to know you as a person. And the final one will meet with your supervisor and focus on your analytical thinking.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if they ask you to do something immoral?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

I submit the application through Handshake, and I receive an on-campus interview about a week after. It is a one-to-one interview, and it takes about two weeks to a month to receive the result of the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Excel-related questions, like how to use the pivot table.
      2. What kind of data processing language do you use? (R or SQL). Show me an example of your past projects related to those languages.
      3. Pricing problem. Given a man of 35 years old, healthy, if you want to sell him insurance, how much will you charge him?
      In general, they won't ask you too many questions related to Excel or other programming languages. I'm double majoring in actuarial math and data science. I guess that's the reason the recruiter asks me a lot of details about R.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Nice process, overall 2 rounds
    1st round for 30 mins is general go through of the resume
    2nd round a higher level person takes about the motivation and overview of the task you would be given and to check of the interest and project matches

Interview Questions

• Why chose hierarchical clustering over other methods in one of my projects   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in for an interview in June 2019. The people were nice. They were not honest in their promise to respond. They told me I would be contacted within 2 weeks with a decision. They never responded to me, and its 2 months later. They are ignoring my requests for an update. This company is notorious for ghosting applicants.

Corporate Real Estate and Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screening arranged by HR. Interview email invitation was addressed to the wrong person. Phone screen was confirmed via email then rescheduled. Interviewer was a VP being chauffeured in a car and warned me that we may get cut off. Call kept going in and out. VP kept cutting me off mid-sentence. Bad first impression. Unprofessional to conduct a telephone interview in a moving car. Decided on the call that financial background was key to the role so mutually agreed would not be a good fit. Advice: train HR on how to set up interviews and train execs on how to conduct professional interviews. Totally unimpressed with Swiss Re.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in the role?

Describe two of your biggest accomplishments.   Answer Question

Corporate Employee Interview

Interview

Very brief but friendly process. The hiring manager asked a few questions but was more interested in hearing about my background. Seems like a nice place to work but the position would require relocation which was not an option at this time.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

The interview was hold on campus after the department career reception. Two people interviewed me and it lasts about 30 minutes. The questions mainly focus on my resume and there are some behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you deal with your customer in a creative way.   Answer Question