Swiss Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Swiss Re

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re in May 2017.

Interview

First round, one of the analysts in team interviewed me. Basically go though the resume and ask about the details in previous experience. Second round, I interviewed with the hiring manager though Skype. He asked me some technical questions rooted in my previous experience and introduce the job tasks involved in the internship. Then I also had a brief talk with an HR about the internship details. Overall, all the HR and interviewers are very friendly and nice.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one on site interview. Was referred by a current employee. I found it laid back compared to other interviews as they are very big on your track record of performance which should be indicated in your resume.

Interview Questions

• What applicable experience makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Took less than a month from app date to interviews. All interviewers easy to talk to and very personable. I had three interviews in total. All were very easy as long as you know about the position and the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Had a campus interview with a HR representative. She was very nice and made me feel very relaxed. Questions are expected: Why Swiss Re? Tell me a time you worked in a team, etc. Overall had a very nice feel about the company. There were 3 situations that she gave candidates to see how they would react.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Overland Park, KS) in April 2012.

Interview

Using a hit or miss strategy on LinkedIn, by chance I messaged a manager at Swiss Re who had an open position in his office. He referred me to the hiring manager in new york and consequently I had a phone interview which went well. I then had a 1:1 phone interview with the manager which also went well. Luckily, I was well prepared for perhaps the 2 most important questions he asked me. "What does this group do?" and a lot of questions were asked about the software that they are gong to start using. Fortunately I had used that software for one of my courses. Finally, I was flown in for in person interviews which consisted of 7 people interviewing me 1 by 1. Very nice people and all in all a great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope. I accepted what they offered, because I thought it was competitive considering this was Kansas with low rents etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Consider yourself warned! Read and believe the negative reviews. This has to be the worst company to interview with. Recruiters and management are both unprofessional and disrespectful. Be prepared to be ghosted, they will not reply or provide any feedback.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Got set up on a call with the director. Then got set up with an in person interview with him a week later. And an interview with HR the day after. Very professional process.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with four people one on one . They mainly ask me about my background some basic accounting knowledge questions and some situational behavioral questions. The interviews were on two separate days so to phases.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing that ties the balance sheet and income statement together   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Hartford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone interview with HR (in Kansas) who was very nice. Two weeks later was the in-person interview (in CT) with the hiring managers who were also very nice. One was in the CT office while the other was virtual in KS (the manager who was there with me had left the office so the virtual meeting could take place). The manager in the office made statements that lead me to believe I'd be back which was really encouraging & exciting. She also had revealed really personal information - which threw me off somewhat and my reaction felt awkward/uncomfortable but I did the best I could under the circumstances. I figured she may have shared some of what she did because she was comfortable speaking with me but it was something you'd share with a friend or someone you were forming some sort of personal relationship with (not w/an interviewee unless you were sure they'd be back). In hindsight, I wish she hadn't discussed her personal business or that my reaction had been a little less uncomfortable - but I'm sure I feel this way because I'm wondering if my response is perhaps what blew it for me! I was only prepared for business! :( Ah well, all is as it should be I suppose! At the time & during the follow up call with HR, it sounded likely that the potential was there for an offer to be extended (I was "one of a few excellent candidates") but the following week I was advised that the position was offered to a former employee. In general, they were all very nice people and pleasant to interact with. The interviews themselves I was told had gone really well. The whole process took about a month. The in person interview itself was an hour and a half and mostly enjoyable. Ultimately, it was a disappointing outcome for sure - but in general, it was a mostly positive experience as far as interviews go. Lesson learned though as far as not getting hooked into the way an interviewer speaks in terms of the future.

Interview Questions

• What, if anything, do you do to proactively stay current with the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

The HR intake part of the interview process was very bad. People were not polite and i was surprised to see this was the first introduction of their culture. Based on what i had heard in the industry, i expected something different

Interview Questions

• Work experience...honestly, while they asked the question, i did not think they cared about the answer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

It was a phone interview and just about some basic questions