Swiss Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swiss Re Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re in May 2017.

Interview

First round, one of the analysts in team interviewed me. Basically go though the resume and ask about the details in previous experience. Second round, I interviewed with the hiring manager though Skype. He asked me some technical questions rooted in my previous experience and introduce the job tasks involved in the internship. Then I also had a brief talk with an HR about the internship details. Overall, all the HR and interviewers are very friendly and nice.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Hartford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone interview with HR (in Kansas) who was very nice. Two weeks later was the in-person interview (in CT) with the hiring managers who were also very nice. One was in the CT office while the other was virtual in KS (the manager who was there with me had left the office so the virtual meeting could take place). The manager in the office made statements that lead me to believe I'd be back which was really encouraging & exciting. She also had revealed really personal information - which threw me off somewhat and my reaction felt awkward/uncomfortable but I did the best I could under the circumstances. I figured she may have shared some of what she did because she was comfortable speaking with me but it was something you'd share with a friend or someone you were forming some sort of personal relationship with (not w/an interviewee unless you were sure they'd be back). In hindsight, I wish she hadn't discussed her personal business or that my reaction had been a little less uncomfortable - but I'm sure I feel this way because I'm wondering if my response is perhaps what blew it for me! I was only prepared for business! :( Ah well, all is as it should be I suppose! At the time & during the follow up call with HR, it sounded likely that the potential was there for an offer to be extended (I was "one of a few excellent candidates") but the following week I was advised that the position was offered to a former employee. In general, they were all very nice people and pleasant to interact with. The interviews themselves I was told had gone really well. The whole process took about a month. The in person interview itself was an hour and a half and mostly enjoyable. Ultimately, it was a disappointing outcome for sure - but in general, it was a mostly positive experience as far as interviews go. Lesson learned though as far as not getting hooked into the way an interviewer speaks in terms of the future.

Interview Questions

• What, if anything, do you do to proactively stay current with the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

behavioral based interview questions were not difficult. Not strong HR support for managers. It took them forever to set a time for the interview. Then HR did not get back to canidates for quite a while

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

The HR intake part of the interview process was very bad. People were not polite and i was surprised to see this was the first introduction of their culture. Based on what i had heard in the industry, i expected something different

Interview Questions

• Work experience...honestly, while they asked the question, i did not think they cared about the answer.   Answer Question

Senior Information Architect Interview

Interview

It was very professional, they were equally concerned of both their company and me. They respected and were good listeners. The questions were applicable and they also checked on the personality.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe why do you think you would fit the position?   Answer Question

Property Underwriting Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephone interview, very helpful and polite HR. General behaviour questions. He arranged the next round of Maths interview at the end of the first round of telephone interview. There will be 4 rounds of interviews, after the Maths interview with line manager there will be a face to face interview, then AC... It sounds very tiring but compared to the pay - worth the effort.

Interview Questions

• Why Swiss Re? Why reinsurance? Describe a team work challenge. Negative feedback recently.   Answer Question

Analytic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online and get a phone interview a month later, then received email for two more phone interview. One tech and one more HR interview. The tech interview lasts 45 min with VP that I think is designed for resume questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in October 2016.

Interview

I did an on campus first round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and it was mostly behavioral questions. I am personally not very good at answering behavioral style questions so my advice to students applying to Swiss Re for an internship: prepare adequately beforehand different answers to different kinds of behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't highlighted on your resume that is important to your identity.   Answer Question
    • How would your professors describe you? Why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in October 2016.

Interview

Was selected for a first round interview on campus. Was then scheduled for 2 interviews with various divisions. One was an online Skype interview, the other being over the phone. Mostly behavioral questions with one or two questions regarding technicalities in the insurance industry.

Interview Questions

• If I assembled a team consisting of clones of yourself, what would be the most pressing issue that would arise?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with entire department and was given a thorough history of the company. Then they described the departmental needs. Then they asked me about my background. Lastly they asked me if I could describe a situation where I worked on project that exceeded my expectations.

Interview Questions

• My background and wanted to make sure I was up to taking on various tasks.   1 Answer