Sysco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Sysco Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2018

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

After the application, they call to set up a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview then you will have another phone interview with the local hiring manager. If you pass that interview they then call you in for a face to face with HR the hiring manager and one other person. All in all it took about 4 weeks

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you were reactive rather than proactive.   Answer Question

Outbound Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Good interview took about 45 minutes a lot of situational questions. Knowledgeable interviewer great great interview . walk through facility showed me what job consist . very demanding but can do.

Interview Questions

• situational questions name a time you went over and beyond   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Ankeny, IA) in December 2017.

Interview

Regional HR did over phone interview to pre-qualify. They followed up in two days to set up a face-to-face with local manager. Overall, very orgainized and professional call and interview.
    Face-to-face interview was very short and unorganized. Overall waste of my time and felt as manager was more worried about phone than learning about me.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online ,after few days got an email for requisition of telephonic interview.It was a screening interview which went for about 15 min.I was told that I would be contacted if Iwas selected.But unfortunately I got a automated rejection mail next day.

Class A CDL Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Lewisville, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I was called by a Sysco recruiter out of Chicago to set up a phone interview, if your interview goes good they will forward your resume to your area manager who will then set up a interview at the location you will be working at. If you meet all the qualifications and they like what you have to say, that day you will take your road test. The road test consists of about 20 min of driving through busy intersections and some highway driving if your close to one. They also make sure you know how to hook properly to a trailer and do a pre trip inspection. Must be able to back into a bay door and drive Manuel or Standard trucks. Be prepared because they will put you in the oldest piece of junk on there lot to see if you can handle it. Once your road test is done, if you pass I was offered a verbal offer of employment the same day and took my drug screen at the facility I tested at. You will sit down with HR and go over previous employer questions and why you would be a good fit for Sysco as a driver. Two or three days after your interview ,if they like you as a candidate. They will send you a email offering you the position as a driver, Make sure to except ASAP so it doesn’t slow down the hiring process. After you accept they only have to do your background check and prove of driving record, so as long as your drug screen comes back good you are set. They will also call and give you a tentative start date, usually two weeks after your interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

you will have a phone interview with corporate, then they will schedule a face to face interview with the manager(s) of the department. They ask the basic interview questions. If they decide to hire you, you will get an offer in an email. and its up to you, if you want to accept.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

I was contacted pretty quickly after submitting my application for a phone interview. The women seemed very nice and relaxed. Went over my background and had standard interview questions. She said she was recommended me to move further to the face-to-face interviews and that I should be contacted within 3 weeks. After 1 1/2 weeks I got online to check my application status and it was closed. I emailed the woman I interviewed with and the next day I got the email stating I was not moving further. It seems like the same thing happen to other people that have reviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have gone above and beyond for a client?   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Jackson, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted the same day that I applied or the next day- very fast- and set up and interview with the recruiter. The recruiter was very prompt and explained a lot about the company and had some good questions. I felt it went well and did get a call the very next day to set up a phone interview with the hiring leader and the generalist. That interview also went very well and I was contacted the same day to set up the in person interview with the other VP's on site as well as the generalist. That interview was great- panel type interview is always a bit intimidating but the building was great and I walked away feeling good about the interviews and really wanting to work for Sysco. My final interview was the with the Sr. VP out of the corporate office in Houston. He was great- really good phone interview and one week later, an offer was made- which I happily accepted!

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied to Sysco, and received an email for a followup phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview went very well, the interviewer was very personable and asked questions that built upon my previous responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work under high pressure to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was with HR, then second interview with District Manager, third/fourth interview with Regional Sales Manager/VP of Sales or HR. Overall a great interview process so you can know all the aspects of the job.