Sysco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2018

2.9

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

Phone screen - general get to know you questions, fielded questions about the company, about the position, gave information on salary, what the company is like, etc. Received an email about face to face interview following phone interview

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

Applied on their website; Received an email from a recruiter to provide times that were good to set up a phone interview; After a few days of no response, I received an email with the phone screening questions attached in Word form and was told to fill out and send back (didn't change the format or anything, it actually had the "phone interviewers overall assessment" section left in at the bottom); a few days later, received an email requesting times to have a phone interview; interview was scheduled and 45 minutes prior to interview, received a call from a different recruiter asking to switch it to a Skype interview; rescheduled Skype interview for the next day; interview was a mix of standard questions the interviewer seemed annoyed to have to ask and some more job-specific questions; few days later, received email asking for times to set up another Skype interview with a higher up; interview scheduled, but time of interview came and went with no call from interviewer. I didn't have any contact information for the interviewer, only the recruiters so I called and emailed them and didn't receive a response until 2 hours after our scheduled Skype call. The response was that the interviewer was busy and they'd be in touch to reschedule. I didn't hear anything, so 2 days later I sent a follow up asking if they still wanted to reschedule. I very quickly received a phone call and email from two recruiters and we had a Skype interview set up; At time of interview, I received a phonecall instead of a Skype with no apology or mention of the missed meeting the prior week.

Change in time/format with no notice, lack of communication and cancellations at every part of the process...either seeing how we handle all this was part of the interview OR there's some room for improvement...

Interview Questions

• First interview was pretty much all generic stuff...strengths, weaknesses, handle stress, leadership experiences, etc. Second "interview" was grilling on the timeline of my job history, why I left certain positions, grilling on my education choices and if my spouse would be OK with moving if I were offered a position. Nothing on skills, experiences or abilities in second interview.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sysco in May 2018.

Interview

Wasn’t professional they were cursing and extremely negative. They offered me the position but I decided to go with another company. It seemed like they didn’t set the drivers up for success there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where a customer was not satisfied and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Memphis, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

Had phone interview about 2 weeks ago and haven’t gotten a email or phone call. Don’t have much info on the interview process other then they don’t get in any rush.

Interview Questions

• On the Sysco careers web site it went from phone interview to process completed. What does that mean? any info greatly appreciated.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Short and sweet - this obviously was a case of being in compliance with corp. policy. They already had an internal candidate picked out but had to interview others for compliance reasons. Waste of time

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

The first step of the process was a general conversation to get to know you and very general standard questions, nothing crazy. I felt that the interview went well and that the people were very professional about the process.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Memphis, TN) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough. Four different interviews (including phone screening). Questions were straightforward, but be sure to answer them in the correct way (STAR questions). Interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

Phone screen
    Informal meeting (outside company knowledge told to keep to myself)
    Phone interview with DSM (same guy already met with in public)
    2 months nothing sent email to 1st phone screener
    Then plant for face to face
    Hired

Interview Questions

• Situational Questions - sysco va is more about your restaurant experience not sales   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

They start with a phone interview with basic questions and briefly go over your resume just to get to know you. They also asked how would you approach a new account and what would you do to get this new account?

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Quick and Easy took a few days between them processing your online application and getting a return call from their HR headquarters in Chicago. Then you still have to go in for an in-person interview, where you then get sent for a drug test and physical ability strength test. All in all I would rate the process 9 out 10!

Interview Questions

• If you knew anyone who worked for Sysco   1 Answer