Sysco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sysco Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2018

2.9

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco in October 2016.

Interview

So Far I have only completed the phone interview. Marilynne from HR called to schedule a phone interview two days in advance. The interview lasted abut 20 minutes and was mostly about previous employers and reasons for leaving. The second part of the interview was why I would be a good fit for the company. I should hear back by the end of the week about an in person behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was an example of when you went over and above to help a customer.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco in June 2016.

Interview

Had the initial phone interview. Lots of questions about my experience. There were also questions about how you would handle certain situations that could arise. Total interview lasted about 20/25 minutes. The lady doing the interview, Marilyn was very professional and courteous. Have to wait to hear back on an in person interview with at least two more company reps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

One large meeting with the Managers who were doing the hiring, then a follow up meeting then I had to go and meet the VP of sales for another discussion or better yet to get his approval. Very nice people all the way around.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Saw job posted online. Called an old friend that works for Sysco. He had me send him my resume. I then got a call from the district sales manager to have a 1:1 meeting. It went well and he said there would be a 3 panel interview next. The 3 panel interview went very well. They made the atmosphere feel comfortable. They each had a copy of my resume and questioned me about my past employment experience. Then they informed me that the corporate questions were next. They each took turns asking the corporate questions. The questions are mostly behavioral and they mostly want to see how you respond or have responded in certain situations. After the corporate questions, there was a bit more friendly banter and a chance for me to address any concerns that they or I had. No offer Yet, but hopeful!

Interview Questions

• Has a customer or client ever made a complaint on you? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Memphis, TN) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough. Four different interviews (including phone screening). Questions were straightforward, but be sure to answer them in the correct way (STAR questions). Interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Redding, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process included a 50-minute phone interview that included confirmation of personal profile info and a series of 10-12 questions.
    I researched questions prior to the phone interview and found myself more confident and prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a instance you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to complete a phone interview. This lasted approximately 30 minutes. The responses were given using the STAR method and you were given adequate time to think about and share your answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Memphis, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

Had phone interview about 2 weeks ago and haven’t gotten a email or phone call. Don’t have much info on the interview process other then they don’t get in any rush.

Interview Questions

• On the Sysco careers web site it went from phone interview to process completed. What does that mean? any info greatly appreciated.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Traverse City, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Apply online, lengthy forms, but nothing out of the ordinary really. Recieved a phone screen right away as I have 5+ years in hospitality management, so I believed I was well qualified, coming from the other side. Phone screen was typical, very polite, basic personality questions. Set up first face to face interview a couple days later with regional sales manager. Met roughly halfway from home office (an hour drive for me), STAR questions, basic sales concepts, wwyd in this situation, nothing too difficult or interesting. Was told if selected for second interview would be at home office with multiple team leaders, would know by the end of the week. Had to call at 5pm Friday, no answer, left message. No reply until wednesday the next week, said more interviews had canceled, and rescheduled, would know end of week. Had to call 5pm Friday, no answer, left message. Sent e-mail monday, no reply until thursday, ask to come in for second interview at home office, scheduled for middle of next week. Drive 3.5hrs to home office, have good face to face with HR, discuss pay, benefits, ask general questions, like do you enjoy working here? etc.. meet with VP of sales, make strong argument that my qualifications are satisfactory and that I am committed to succeeding. Says word for word, "well I think this went very well." Says we will make a decision and get back to you middle of next week. Middle of next week comes, get very non descript auto-mail that they've chose someone else. tl;dr, phone screen, face to face, wait forever, drive forever, mutiple interviews, very good feedback, still not good enough. Felt strung along.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions, knowledge of basic sales concepts.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

I was contacted pretty quickly after submitting my application for a phone interview. The women seemed very nice and relaxed. Went over my background and had standard interview questions. She said she was recommended me to move further to the face-to-face interviews and that I should be contacted within 3 weeks. After 1 1/2 weeks I got online to check my application status and it was closed. I emailed the woman I interviewed with and the next day I got the email stating I was not moving further. It seems like the same thing happen to other people that have reviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have gone above and beyond for a client?   Answer Question