Cover image for Sysco

Found 3,564 of over 4K reviews

3.3
Sysco President and CEO Kevin Hourican
Kevin Hourican

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and inexpensive(in 380 reviews)
  • "Good pay which is higher than 21 for experienced pickers 27.61 is the base for experienced pickers(in 329 reviews)
  • "There are a lot of really great people working hard everyday to do the right thing.(in 173 reviews)
  • "Good money for warehouse ..always overtime ..stable job..benifits package pretty good as well..(in 84 reviews)
  • "Sysco offers great training for sales rep (2 months in the classroom) as well as continuing training seminars.(in 73 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management extremely long hour its paid slave work be ready to work 6 days a week(in 178 reviews)
  • "The hours are long (endless really) and finding work/life balance is a daily struggle.(in 152 reviews)
  • "No work life balance since you're so exhausted you can't do anything on the weekends and have no time when you get off work.(in 122 reviews)
  • "Terrible upper management.(in 66 reviews)
  • "Certain managers are downright rude and more concerned with advancing their own career than the department they manage(in 49 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sysco and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Sales Consultant

Mar 8, 2023 - Any Position
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with work life balance

Cons

Sales can be difficult to grow

Sysco Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Sysco. We understand how important it is to maintain balance and we’re glad that you found that balance with us! We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

2. 5.0

Good employer

May 25, 2023 - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team environment is good, good benifits as well.

Cons

There could be a better pay

3. Join the Sysco team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Okay if you can tolerate it.

May 26, 2023 - Sanitation Technician in Calera, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, unlimited overtime (within reason), alright benefit options, and the culture can be okay if you fit in well. "We are a family here." If you like that, and also are fit as a fiddle, you'll do stellar. If you talk to the right people, you can get good advice and opportunities. Some good souls work here that made the time I was there so worth it.

Cons

They will watch you like hawks on the cameras. They will message you with issues after you clock out and finished your daily tasks. The coworkers have cliques and if they don't like you, they will make sure you understand that fact. The cohesion of departments is non-existent. It's like a culture war between day/night shift, sanitation/warehouse, office workers/people who work on the floor. Folks will leave messes and not tell anyone. Management and workers constantly have discipline issues. I was told it's "like a highschool" with the amount of gossip. If you don't like teenage drama, you're going to find yourself struggling.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Out of touch

May 25, 2023 - Sales Consultant in Dallas-Fort Worth
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Pay, Decent benefits, lots of training

Cons

Out of touch with the industry, their customers, and their sales force. The only people they care about catering to anymore is the stockholders. They micro manage sales people to death with constant CRM management, planned daily sales calls, with management just "randomly" dropping in to your planned calls to check on you. They believe cut costs anyway they can, and when you think they can't get any cheaper.... they do it again. They complain about losing market share, and then hamstring their sales people by taking away the ability to use samples, stop allowing specialists to work in the field (due to not wanting to pay their vehicle expenses), and even dont let district managers work in their districts for the same reason. They try to convince customers that Sysco has the best customer service when they have the worst of all of the foodservice suppliers by far. They literally will do the absolute least a customer will allow them to get away with, and then even if a customer leaves over it, they still won't do any more to win them back.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

They need help

Mar 24, 2023 - Warehouse Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are easy to get along with. PTO is good Sick time is good Work life balance on nights is great Most customers are great to work with.

Cons

They need a better system for training new hirers. Most are thrown into the job setting them up for failure or not given equal opportunity for success like others. More reliability when it comes to teaching employees that want to learn or be trained. Need fair compensation for those who wear many hats and take on several responsibilities out of their job description. You can be hired to do one job and your workload triples and still given the same pay. Better filtering systems to separate managers vs leaders, so they hire the right people for authoritative positions, they desperately need leaders and not managers. Political games are played, walk on egg shells around certain people to stay on their good side. Work life balance on days suffers for some. Benefits could be better. Communication is highly needed in this company and it is the one thing they most suffer with. Safety on the outside appears to be cared for but following through with safety regulations is little to none. Many consistent violations until someone is almost injured then safety is priority for a season then back to the old way. What is allowed and what isn’t allowed is inconsistent their word changes like the wind it’s very difficult to follow at times.

Sysco Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 24, 2023 - Sales Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great for individual. Still very expensive to have your family on the plan. The people I work with are great.

Cons

Constantly contradicting themselves with the go to market strategy.

Sysco Response

We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you are enjoying your career with us.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hardest job you will have

Apr 15, 2023 - Delivery Driver in Lewisville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Money (pretty much the only thing) Benefits Management is pretty supportive but only because it benefits them to be Sense of accomplishment for completing something hard and essential, without us their would be no restauraunts. You are not stuck being a driver.

Cons

No work/life balance its just work balance ( expect 12 hr shifts 5 days a week) Very physicaly demanding, some days you will feel like you got hit by a train (even when your used to it) Everything rolls downhill and the driver is at the bottom of the hill. The following isnt an everyday occurrence but it is often: Bad routing affects the driver Poor warehouse performance affects the driver Poor management decisions affect the driver And it seems like nobody is held accountable for their poor performance. So essentially the driver is supposed to put up with it.

Sysco Response

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

9. 4.0

very good

May 23, 2023 - Senior Account Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, team atmosphere, integrity, good management,

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time. Except that they eliminated my position.

Sysco Response

We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A lot of work, but very rewarding

Apr 23, 2023 - Transportation Supervisor in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with are great. Every day is something different and never gets old. I’m constantly learning every day something new. I’m getting better working with computers and people at the same time. Managing my own team and helping my team daily to become a better version of themselves is a great opportunity . I am more than a supervisor, I feel like a life coach, helping my team individually through out their work week and being there for them to answer or help with any questions, or concerns is rewarding. I work in the field, spending time with my team members who are out there working hard. I like to give the best advice and show how to be more productive to help others become more successful. I like that I have the opportunity to present meetings and give speeches. My mind is constantly engaged, working with computers, using excel, emailing , online team meetings. I like collaborating with others, finding solutions to issues and making my company more efficient. I’m learning more about communication and management, becoming a good leader

Cons

I work 6 days a week. I am salary. Can work anywhere daily from 8-16 hour days. It can be challenging when it comes to work life balance with family. You have to learn how to prioritize your time and set reminders to take a break from work to be home and have a life. I bring work home with me, planning and submitting reports until late night. You have to learn how to have patience, dealing with conflicts from unhappy team members or unhappy customers. Not everyone will listen to me as a leader and you have to accept that not everyone will like or respect you. You have to a tough skin, and not take things personally.

Sysco Response

Thanks for sharing your feedback about what it’s like to be a member of the Sysco team. We strive for excellence as we help our customers succeed. Keep up the good work!

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Employer

May 22, 2023 - Administrative Assistant in Asheville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management was very good.

Cons

I enjoyed my time at Sysco.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,564 Reviews
</>Embed

Sysco Reviews FAQs

Sysco has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 3,744 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Sysco to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sysco employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sysco. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

55% of Sysco employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sysco 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sysco to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be culture, work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Sysco Job Seekers