TNTP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TNTP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.6

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

I began this process feeling positive and thrilled. The phone interview was pretty much disappointing since they didn't not seem as excited to get to know me more.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the printer at school did not work?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TNTP (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief. Tara was not very professional and rude. The majority of the people in management roles do not have advanced degrees, corporate experience and are under 30.

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TNTP in January 2017.

Interview

The first step in the interview process was a 30-minute phone call with various questions and time for me to ask questions at the end. The interview questions started with those about TNTP, then about specific times I have oversee projects from beginning to end. My interviewer was pleasant and polite, and we stayed focused on within the 30-minute timeline.

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Several background phone screens and a culture interview. One assignment to complete and then discuss. No in person meeting. Very scripted interviews. Not a sophisticated talent acquisition process. Would not encourage applying here.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a phone interview, which I did immediately. The phone interview lasted all of about 20 minutes. She asked me a couple of questions, told me very briefly about the job, and then asked if I had any questions. Maybe it was just me, but she didn't seem all that interested in me from the very start of the call. It was just an OK experience. I followed-up with an email, never heard back, and then about 2 weeks later, I received the "your experience is impressive, but we've chosen to pursue other candidates" obligatory email. Disappointing. I feel like I didn't really even get a chance to show them what I could do.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP in October 2016.

Interview

The process is quite long. It starts with submitting a series of documents for their review. If you advance through the two phone screens, you may do two or three Skype interviews before finally doing an in person. During this whole time you are also asked to work on projects to submit for their review.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

Very long and involved hiring process, but staff was very communicative throughout. Phone screening, then statistical exercise, then two phone interviews, then an in-person interview. I made it all the way through the references stage, but then was not offered the position, so more transparency on that end would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• Statistical exercises
      Statistical modeling
      Case-based analysis, on-the-spot analysis framework development   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (New York, NY).

Interview

Very intense, but still very professional. The recruiters were very nice. You couldn't get a feel if they were pleased with your answers. It was very weird for me that there was a 45 min phone interview. As well as completing a long exercise that had to be submitted before the next phone interview

Virtual Effectiveness Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

I began with a performance task that was quite extensive. I was also asked to provide times for a future phone interview. I did so and didn't hear anything back. I submitted my performance task anyway and got a generic "thanks for submitting" email. Then a week later I got an email for a scheduled phone interview with a project manager, which was during one of the only times I hadn't listed as available. I had to reschedule. Then I got an email that the project manager was unavailable at our scheduled time so could we reschedule for the next week. Then I got an email to schedule another phone interview with another person. This was explained to me to be mostly about logistics and the questions frankly didn't make much sense in reference to the hiring process. Then I got an email that the project manager was unavailable. The interview was relatively enjoyable but some of the questions were repetitive and vague. I then received an invitation for a video teleconference interview. They had sent me the wrong link for the call in so at the last minute they called to provide a new link. The third interview was mostly vague random scenarios. The interviewer was mostly stoic which makes it difficult to hold a quality conversation. She also spent most of her time recording my responses and wasn't looking at the camera so Im not sure why we did the video call. At the end of the interview she told me I would know by the middle of the next week. That time came and went. I emailed two of my interviewers to inquire about the decision and got no response. A week later I got the lame "thanks for coming out" email that commented about my competence and invited me to apply for other positions. I will not be applying for any other positions with this company. I would concur with the other comments about ambiguity.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview experience with TNTP was completely unprofessional. The interviewer and I scheduled a time to speak via phone and the time was confirmed. She called an hour early, never having realized it was not our confirmed time to speak. I was thrown off guard, I wasn't expecting the call for another hour. We spoke briefly and after I pointed out the mix up, we arranged to speak the next day. Again, time and date was confirmed. I waited for the call and nothing. Half an hour after our call had been scheduled, I emailed her to inquire about our conversation. She emailed me hours later and asked if I was available to speak then, at 9pm at night. She had forgotten we were to speak and had not scheduled it into her calendar. Once again, we set up another date and time to speak and finally, on the third try, did I have a conversation with her. I was to hear back regarding next steps within a week, two weeks later and nothing. I followed up and she responded that the position had already been filled.

I would proceed with caution when interviewing with TNTP. Nothing about the process was smooth or professional. HR really needs to vet the professionalism and courtesy behind their interviews. If this is how they communicate to potential candidates, it is not a great impression on them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you led, from beginning to end?   Answer Question