Talbots Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talbots Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me asking to set up a time to chat about an open position. She was very aggressive and then down right rude when she learned I was not a talbots customer. I knew at that moment this was not a good fit for me and put a very bad taste in my mouth about the company and probably won't become a customer ever.

Sales Asdociate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Talbots (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The Store Manager described the position, the customers, the other staff members and where they fit the job requirements and asked about my experience and my flexibility for the schedule. We talked about my roles in other businesses and how my skills would translate too this position. Then hired me.

Interview Questions

• What retail experience do you have.   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Talbots in August 2017.

Interview

Brief she checked my experience and felt assured she was hiring someone with experience. She told me what it would be like to work there and basically was extremely cordial,

Interview Questions

• What do I think about Talbots   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talbots in July 2017.

Interview

Very poorly done 3 women did interview one was putting lipstick on the other eating from what I seen they already picked the wrong people for the job very unprofessional then when the women called telling me on answering machine she couldn't even pronounce the store name then was laughing and hung up halfway through what a joke.I will make sure anyone I know won't shop there when it opens.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Talbots (Glen Mills, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Went into store to get job application, went back into store to hand in application, then made interview appointment. Was offered the job right on the spot after interview. Overall, went pretty smoothly.

Client Specialist/Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

This process was so easy! I sent in my resume on indeed.com because my local Talbots (not in a mall) was hiring for a client specialist and a key holder. She called me the next morning and asked if I could come in for an interview, we planned my interview for the next day! I showed up and she took me to her office, we sat down and I've had three years in retail in many different stores. She knew my skills, so she just asked about my experience about all my previous stores, I even made her laugh a couple times, it honestly felt like two friends talking. Her assistant also listened in, she loved me right away because I could communicate with her in Spanish. They then told me about the history of Talbots, how the store is one of the top luxurious retail stores for women, I'm not surprised considering how expensive everything is. So then they agreed to hire me, because they felt like I was the perfect fit for the team. However, I couldn't be a key holder or specialist right away, I could only be hired as an associate and as the weeks went by I would need to prove myself I deserved one of those positions. So in the end I interviewed for a key holder, but the first month I'll be a sales so the manager will decide what position I'm best at. Either way I'm excited! I'll do my best to get the specialist or key holder, she also offered me 13 an hour which is a huge dramatic change from previous retail! It seems like a wonderful company, can't wait.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest and weakest points when it comes to customer service?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talbots (Hingham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back via email a week later. Set up a 30 minute interview over the phone then a week you can schedule an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talbots (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Good, fast. They were really nice and I enjoyed talking with them. They are passionate about their jobs with that company and it made me excited to hopefully start working there one day. Thank you.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

The recruitor was so great. She made the process smooth and effertless. She set up several interviews and was with me through the entire process. Impressive level of service and professionalism.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Met with the store manager. She asked me to tell her about myself and a brief description of my job history. She talked a lot about Talbots and herself more than about the store and description of the job itself.