Talbots Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talbots (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with the Store Manager of one location and we had a very basic interview, she told me about the company and how her store ran as well as the structure. I met with the Store Manager of the store I ended up in a few days later. We talked about the clientele base and her store. Overall a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what areas you focused on in your last job? Referring to AOE   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talbots in October 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the scheduled time, only to find Manager who set up the appointment was off!!?? She had forgotten the interview. Asked assistant to talk with me. Friendly woman not prepared to be thrown into situation, but went ahead with interview.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I did phone interview and set up for an interview with a manager in the store. Phone interview went very smooth, questions were simple and easy to answer. Manager represented the company very well and made me excited about the position, company and team to work in.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Talbots (Springfield, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process took more than 2 hours with the Store Manager. She asked many questions about my current job now and why I wanted to leave my current job. She also had me design an outfit which she liked and told me I would be getting a second interview with the DM. Which I never did.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is not reach their sales goals.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Went to mall information desk for employment list of stores hiring. I know companies want an online application, but I still like to personally go to store and check it out, and try to get a face to face with the manager. Walked in store an asked if they were still hiring. The key holder was there and came out, and gave me an application which I took and filled out at the food court, and then returned to store. The manager was back from lunch, and spoke with me briefly, and said she would review and get back with me .I went home and filled our application online, manager called next day, and I had an interview that week- in person on site with manager. Got a second phone interview with DM, and then a day later a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask what I expected, and then told me what they paid.They did come up a little.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

Co- manager reached out through Linkedin, did phone interview and was then set up with store manager interview, it went really well we clicked and interview felt like genuine conversation. After I met with DM for third interview and it went really well also a genuine conversation, very understanding and humble. All three represented the company very well and made me even more excited to join!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered more that was asked for!

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots in January 2017.

Interview

The GSM contacted me via email for an in person interview. She was so nice and made me feel comfortable. The interview lasted for an hour. I was scheduled for a second interview with another GSM at a different location a few days later. The second interview was a phone interview which lasted a little over an hour. 2 days later I received a email from the first GSM that interviewed scheduling my third I'm interview with the DM. He then scheduled me for a in person into with the second GSM I had previously interviewed with, he thought I would be a better fit at her location and wanted me to get exposure to grown and move up in the company if I received an offer. I went in 3 days later for my fourth and final interview. It was a long 2 week process.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (Knoxville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

The manager made me feel very comfortable. Told me what about the company and how they pride their selves on customer relationships, and will go above and beyond to satisfy customers needs. Then after telling me about what I would be doing and how to build relationships she asked me situational questions?

Interview Questions

• If there was a customer who was really upset about something, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chadds Ford, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots (Chadds Ford, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application in-store and scheduled an interview as soon as I handed it in. We scheduled the interview for 3 days later with the store manager. After the initial interview a second was scheduled with the district manager. Altogether the process took about a week and a half. Both interviews were somewhat casual and conversational, and very few stiff "interview" questions were asked. They were very friendly and, it seemed, looking for someone who was also friendly, warm, and personable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a store you visit that you think offers great customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Talbots (Towson, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with the temporary manager and District manager in the same meeting. They were warm and welcoming and completely professional. I enjoyed my interview very much. I had been interviewed at another Talbot's store in the area. I learned I could not work there because a family member already worked there; that was against company policy. So they arranged to have me try out for a job at the Towson store.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Talbot's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Dayton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with general manager. She was warm and friendly. She has been with Talbots for a long time and had positive things to say about the company. The other employees were happy when I met them. Positive energy in the store.
    My questions were; What change or impact will benefit the business the most?

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions.
      Tell me about a time when you had to creat a new project?
      Tell me about a time when you had to work under pressure?
      Tell me about a time when you did not deliver results needed.?

Tell me about you? Why do you want to work at Talbots?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Each store has a different amount of funds and is based on volume of product sold. I did not negotiate.