Talbots Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talbots Interview Questions

Interviews at Talbots

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

My interviewer was cordial and professional. The interview took about 30 minutes. There were no trick questions. I had an overall pleasant experience. It was a one-on-one interview with the store manager. I accepted the offer and the hiring process took about 10 days.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who is expressing to you that he or she is upset or having a negative experience at our store?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talbots (Kingston, PA) in November 2019.

Interview

I wasnt asked any question once they were aware i was underage they didnt accept me which was completely understandable because of labor laws, but i also put my date of birth and age on the application i sent in so i dont understand why they even called for a interview. Just thought it was a waste of time but it got me out of school early so it okay. Very nice lady felt very comfortable.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talbots in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was called to do phone interview with Store Manager. I did in person interview with Store Manager. She asked a few questions and then offered me sales lead position instead.

Interview Questions

• Are you more interested in Operations or Customer Service?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (Hingham, MA) in August 2019.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks. First phone interview with HR. The second round went to the company, had a coffee chat with the hiring manager. The third round was a case study. Onsite was easy too.
    Everyone looks nice, but actually, I feel like they do not consider me as a potential candidate at all. HR simply told me they think my skills are great, but they found someone else who can solve their problems. Well, during the interview, there was even no chance for me to discuss their problem! They just asked about my resume, how can they define I cannot do that?
    I think it's possible that they hire someone with work experience. If this is what they want, why they still ask me for so many rounds of interview? Waste of my time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took about three weeks. I applied online and was emailed for an interview. I went in and had a group interview with two other candidates. The questions were pretty standard. I was called by the manager about three weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Talbots (Hingham, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone interview- was pleasant . Started with mostly talk about yourself and walk through resume, later questions about what challenges you have faced. Need to write 30 words in this bubble

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2019.

Interview

I was asked about previous jobs and
    experience. They wanted to know some
    of my qualities, and could I be confidential
    about the work. They said would you
    enjoy helping others.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your qualities?   1 Answer
    • What are your qualities?   1 Answer
    • They asked ifI could work a cash register?   1 Answer
    • They asked me about other job
      experience.   1 Answer
      experience.   1 Answer
      experience?   1 Answer
    • They asked me if I had a car?   1 Answer
    • They asked me if I could be on time.   1 Answer

Client Specialist-Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talbots (Austin, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

Very professional from start of application to offer. Prompt response to online application as well as scheduling interview. Job responsibilities/expectations were clear from beginning. References will be checked via survey.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talbots (Beverly, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the corporate recruiter by email to set up a phone interview.
    The recruiter called 20 minutes earlier than what was stated in the email. I answered the phone but didn’t know it was Talbots calling because the caller ID just showed a phone number. I said hello, the recruiter introduced herself, I guess the tone of my voice sounded a little surprised because she said “ didn’t you read the email I sent you about this interview?”
    It was the standard corporate retail questions. She kept interrupting my answers and talking over me. I was told I would get another call 3 days later.
    I never heard from her again, no thank you for your interest email, just ghosted.
    I would expect a corporate recruiter to behave more professionally than this.
    The position is still listed, 3 months later.

Interview Questions

• How have you gone above and beyond for a customer in the past?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

Applied online, received an email about a week later for an in person interview for the following week. Went in for the interview and was very comfortable. Got some background on the company and the day to day life.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an aggressive/aggravated customer?   Answer Question