Talbots Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.2

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Talbots in August 2017.

Interview

Brief she checked my experience and felt assured she was hiring someone with experience. She told me what it would be like to work there and basically was extremely cordial,

Interview Questions

• What do I think about Talbots   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Talbots

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Talbots (Glen Mills, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Went into store to get job application, went back into store to hand in application, then made interview appointment. Was offered the job right on the spot after interview. Overall, went pretty smoothly.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talbots (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Good, fast. They were really nice and I enjoyed talking with them. They are passionate about their jobs with that company and it made me excited to hopefully start working there one day. Thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Dropped off a paper application and received phone call from Manager the next day. Manager interviewed me and offered me job on the spot. She explained how the store was laid out, what kind of customers frequented the store, how important customer service is, and asked if I had a problem selling credit cards.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

I applied through a craigslist add and got a reply on the same day inviting me to a group interview later that week. The group interview was me and two other people and we were interviewed by two of the store's managers. They were both nice but a bit intimidating. They asked a lot of "what would you do in this situation" type of questions and ask about your past experience. They DO check references so make sure you put down reliable ones. I got a call two weeks after my interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Meyerland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talbots (Meyerland, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

About three interviews, which I suppose happens if a manager doesn't feel you are fit for the job. But in the end, they decided to take me in, which I felt very grateful for.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a difficult experience with a customer, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Its straightforward good day lots of questions about experience in retail and other locations o my bad it was liy the property manager and community relations manager megan Fox news After the property manager of highview hameed

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Process was very easy. Had a first interview that was a resume review and then I went around the store and put together a few outfits. The managers were nice during the process. I received a phone call with in a few days.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The manager gave me a call about 2 days after I applied to schedule an interview. I came in wearing a semi-formal dress, they complimented the dress and told me this is how I should dress myself if I were to work here. Both of the managers interviewed me in an office and it was quite relaxing, not as stressful as I thought it would be. They asked me a series of questions then asked if I have any question for them. After the interview, they contacted me on the day that they said they would and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• If you were to have a customer waiting on you, another one just walked into the store and suddenly the phone ring, what would you do?
      Note: this actually happens quite often but you'll eventually get the hang of it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots in June 2015.

Interview

The manager basically just wanted to know about my previous work history, experience, etc. After I applied, she called me a few days later to come in for an interview. About three days later, she called back to offer me the job.