Talbots Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talbots Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Talbots (Glen Mills, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Went into store to get job application, went back into store to hand in application, then made interview appointment. Was offered the job right on the spot after interview. Overall, went pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Talbots

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Dropped off a paper application and received phone call from Manager the next day. Manager interviewed me and offered me job on the spot. She explained how the store was laid out, what kind of customers frequented the store, how important customer service is, and asked if I had a problem selling credit cards.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

I applied through a craigslist add and got a reply on the same day inviting me to a group interview later that week. The group interview was me and two other people and we were interviewed by two of the store's managers. They were both nice but a bit intimidating. They asked a lot of "what would you do in this situation" type of questions and ask about your past experience. They DO check references so make sure you put down reliable ones. I got a call two weeks after my interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Meyerland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talbots (Meyerland, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

About three interviews, which I suppose happens if a manager doesn't feel you are fit for the job. But in the end, they decided to take me in, which I felt very grateful for.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a difficult experience with a customer, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Its straightforward good day lots of questions about experience in retail and other locations o my bad it was liy the property manager and community relations manager megan Fox news After the property manager of highview hameed

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Process was very easy. Had a first interview that was a resume review and then I went around the store and put together a few outfits. The managers were nice during the process. I received a phone call with in a few days.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The manager gave me a call about 2 days after I applied to schedule an interview. I came in wearing a semi-formal dress, they complimented the dress and told me this is how I should dress myself if I were to work here. Both of the managers interviewed me in an office and it was quite relaxing, not as stressful as I thought it would be. They asked me a series of questions then asked if I have any question for them. After the interview, they contacted me on the day that they said they would and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• If you were to have a customer waiting on you, another one just walked into the store and suddenly the phone ring, what would you do?
      Note: this actually happens quite often but you'll eventually get the hang of it.
      1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots in June 2015.

Interview

The manager basically just wanted to know about my previous work history, experience, etc. After I applied, she called me a few days later to come in for an interview. About three days later, she called back to offer me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I picked up an application, filled it out and returned it the next day. I received follow up calls and we found a date for me to come in. Process was not unusual. I was very motivated to get the job. There was a brief tour of the store as we made our way back to the interviewing area. Very relaxed atmosphere. I felt that the interview was geared more toward me and if I would be a good fit for the store and the team. It was not interrogative. Everybody was smiling, genuinely. Was asked about my strengths and weaknesses. I have a Master's degree that is not retail related. I had been a stay at home mom for 20 years and was eager to re-enter the workforce in a positive environment. In a place that helped Customers/clients leave with a positive attitude and feeling better about themselves. As I was leaving the interview, dressed very professionally, the manager said "don't wear those shoes to work (with a smile), oh, you're hired"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Talbots?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was more related to my availability. The hourly rate was fine. I was waiting to hear back from 2 other places but I was "sold" on Talbots

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots (Nashville, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly brief and to the point. Since I had seven years experience I didn't get asked the scenario questions. I knew the manager so she made this very easy. She knew my skill level and what I was capable of doing. She knew what was expected of me at Macy's and Talbots was not the same so I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What salary was I looking for?   1 Answer