Texas Roadhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Texas Roadhouse

1.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Miami, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

alot of pestering questions on whether or not I was competent enough for the position. Plus questions on my background and me as person. Went through three different employees they all asked basically the same questions just worded differently. One of the easier interviews I've had but didn't like the pestering too much

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (San Antonio, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

It was very simple, asked about character and what if possibilities. It wasn't one dimensional. Manager did a good job of seeing what type of worker I was. Allowed me to talk about experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you witnessed something against our culture.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Fairfield, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Hiring was done on a mass level, everybody shoved into one room where we waited and watched a video. Called into a room one at a time and was asked typical questions about experience and strengths and weaknesses. Wait time was probably 1 hour, everybody who walked in was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• The video that you just watched in the other room in the background, what was everything that was said about the restaurant in the video?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Boise, ID).

Interview

The hiring process is outstanding. Upon returning your application, everyone is interviewed on the spot, even if positions are not available. Applicants are filed, and called when positions are opened. The interviewer is full of energy and fun. It is a very comfortable environment, as they really try to get a feel for your personality, and your goals.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprises, everything is very straight forward. mostly looking for personality, team player, and someone fun and goal oriented.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Bowie, MD).

Interview

Filled out application in restaurant, went in for walk-in interview, pretty straight-forward, she told me tell her about myself, asked about what I like to do on my spare time and where I wanted to go to college, and asked what times I could work.

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Anderson, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

They offer open interviews on Wednesday's from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., sometimes later if need be. After a brief interview with questions pertaining to your education, available time, and other questions that pertain to working there. You may then get a second interview after the first to decide whether or not you should be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only negotiating that was necessary was the amount of hours and days I would be working, and they worked very well with me and my school schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Gilbert, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Very professional. Was taken to a secluded part of the building so me and the hiring manager could speak privately. Very personable, understanding. Gave me a clear outline of what I needed to study, gave me the option to pick a date to come in and take the menu test. Very understanding of my schedule. Overall a great interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working in a high volume restaurant?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. Initially I had to call a few times to see if they had received my application but once I got my first interview scheduled it was a fairly easy process. I talked to a floor manager and then the general manager. It all happened within a week. They were nice and just went down their paper of questions in front of them.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work the majority of your shifts on weekends? If something was going on in your personal life, how would you let that affect you at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call shortly after applying asking me to come in for an interview. I came in for an interview that was relatively short. The manager just asked me about myself and my previous jobs. Afterwards the manager set me up with my second interview for a different day with the general manager. The GM asked very similar questions to the first manager and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite job you worked at?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was actually asked to interview by my waitress (who happened to be the training coordinator) while dining out. This was before they converted to internet applications, so I was given a paper application, then told to come in a few days later. I got there for the interview before the store opened and wasn't given much information prior, so I had to stand outside the front door and just happened to see a doorbell. Once in, I had to wait for about 20 minutes to be interviewed. Then, it was about a 5 minute interview and I was told I had the job before I even came in that day. I then came back and had an orientation with several other people (waitresses, bus boys, and hostesses) before starting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good server?   Answer Question
    • How many hours a week would you want to work?   Answer Question
    • Are you in school or do you have another job? (Basically, would they have to schedule you around a lot of other things)   Answer Question