The Hershey Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with a district manager, which lasted approximately 40 minutes. A few days later I was invited for a ride-along with a territory manger from my area.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Penn, PA).

Interview

They asked a lot of behavioral based questions. The questions assess how you think and whether or not you fit into the Hershey Culture. Be sure to look up the company's history and core values these carry you a long way during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did _____ in a group and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Field Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

There were 3 interviews.
    Initially, my manager interviewed to see if I would be a good fit for the job.
    Next, I had a "field-day" in which I observed the way in which a Field Sales Representative worked.
    Lastly, I interviewed with both my manager and the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Why Hershey's/favorite candy? Describe a conflict and how you handled it. Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Anaheim, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Starts with a 20ish minute phone interview. Then you have to do an awkward one sided video interview. A video recording asks you questions and it records you answering. The next part is a field day where you go out with a representative to get a feel for what a day on the job is like. I haven't done mine yet, so I'm not sure what is next.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process is quite long, but it is not very difficult at all. Be energetic, do your research on the company and its products, and use STAR in the interviews to show that you will be a good fit in the position. Make sure they know you're willing to relocate, it is a must.

1st Step: Quick phone screening, goes over job responsibilities, your resume, why you want the position

2nd Step: Webcam Recording in STAR Format, you only get one chance so take your time to formulate your answer once the question is asked. I will list some of the questions below.

3rd Step: Field Day with an RSR in your area. You will meet them at one of their accounts early and spend most of the day following them/ helping set up displays, stocking the shelves to secure prime location, and meeting with store managers and employees. Be positive, curious, and make small talk. Keep in mind that they usually work alone and having some company and someone to talk to is nice. They may or may not allow you to help them as they stock shelves. If they don't let you take notes and learn how your RSR became successful and show them you have those qualities.

4th Step: You will interview with your manager over the phone or through a video chat, my interview lasted about an hour and was similar to the Webcam Recording. Be enthusiastic about the position and what you'll be doing. Show them you'll be able to hold conversation with store managers and let them know why you want the job and what makes you different than the other candidates. They will call you in a week or so and offer you the position if they think you're a good fit. If they select someone else, expect an email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use data to support proof in order to influence someone...
      Tell me about a time when you did significantly more than was required of you in a job/class...
      How would you prepare for meeting with a client store manager?
      Tell me about a time you bit off more than you could chew and how you learned from it....   Answer Question

P/T Product Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

Both times I applied, I had received an email within 24 hours to schedule an initial basic info phone interview. After the basic phone interview, I had a second interview with a District Manager. I was told she would let me know if I got to take the next step "within a week or two". Never heard back either way.

Two months later, the position came up again, I re-applied, got the quick response for the basic first phone interview (didn't have my stuff on file). Was told that I had advanced to step 2 -- speaking with the District Manager (again) "within a few days"...

It wasn't until about EIGHT WEEKS after the 2nd attempt before they decided to send me a form e-mail saying "they decided to go with someone else". Shocked, I tell you!!

No surprise the position is open AGAIN (3rd time within 6 months). If they want me, they should still have 2 copies of my resume and notes from the 3 calls on file. However, my price has gone up if they wish to have me waste my time jumping through their interview hoops again....

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you promote one of our new products?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Began with a phone interview, followed by on-site interview consisting of several in-peson interviews with senior leaders. Overall, everyone was very friendly, which made them very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What are the major trends you see in the next few years?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Four Steps:
    1. Phone screening through an outsourced HR
    2. Pre-Recorded Interview
    3. Phone Interview
    4. Onsite Interview. Flew me in, booked my hotel, covered my transport and food expenses. Interview was 4 hours with 4 people/hour

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • In STAR format, tell me a time that you had difficulty working with another party?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite brand? What is a brand that you think is doing well?   1 Answer
    • In STAR format, tell me about a time that conditions changed and what you did to go about it.   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview where I was asked several procedural questions followed by a few "Tell me about a time when (you worked with analytics, etc.)" questions. I was then invited for a video interview where I was asked 5 behavioral based questions and had unlimited opportunities to retry the questions.

Interview Questions

• A few examples are tell me about one of the biggest challenges that you faced and what did you do in response to it, what is your proudest accomplishment over the past 2 years, tell me a time you went above and beyond expectations - what did you do?, tell me about an example that demonstrates your capacity for teamwork   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Kansas City, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a phone Interview followed by a day traveling with a Retail Sales Associate learning about the position, then a final interview with multiple interviewers. It was slightly spread out.

Interview Questions

• Would you like traveling and visiting with different stores?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

I received the phone interview after 2 weeks since I applied for the job. there are just some basic questions from a 3rd party company. and the interview lasts less than 30 mins.