The Hershey Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with a district manager, which lasted approximately 40 minutes. A few days later I was invited for a ride-along with a territory manger from my area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are fit for the position   3 Answers

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

Applied online.
    One week later I received an email to select a time for phone interview.
    Had phone interview. ~45 mins
    Two weeks later an onsite interview was setup. It was a round of interviews with folks from different organizations within the plant. Time was managed poorly. ~5 hrs
    Two weeks later received decision.

Interview Questions

• Every situational based question you could think of...   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview where I was asked several procedural questions followed by a few "Tell me about a time when (you worked with analytics, etc.)" questions. I was then invited for a video interview where I was asked 5 behavioral based questions and had unlimited opportunities to retry the questions.

Interview Questions

• A few examples are tell me about one of the biggest challenges that you faced and what did you do in response to it, what is your proudest accomplishment over the past 2 years, tell me a time you went above and beyond expectations - what did you do?, tell me about an example that demonstrates your capacity for teamwork   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Four Steps:
    1. Phone screening through an outsourced HR
    2. Pre-Recorded Interview
    3. Phone Interview
    4. Onsite Interview. Flew me in, booked my hotel, covered my transport and food expenses. Interview was 4 hours with 4 people/hour

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • In STAR format, tell me a time that you had difficulty working with another party?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite brand? What is a brand that you think is doing well?   1 Answer
    • In STAR format, tell me about a time that conditions changed and what you did to go about it.   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in November 2014.

Interview

Online video interview with 7 questions that had to be completed within 3 days of initial email. Some questions included Why Hershey's? Why relocated to PA? Why this position? Use the STAR system to describe a time when you set goals.

All average questions and one tricky.

They sent a reply within a week of continuing in the process or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you changed your mind on a decision, where all the numbers and consensus said one thing but you did another and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA).

Interview

Applied during a career fair and passed a first round interview on site. The follow up interview was at Hershey. Between the first and second interviews there seemed to be some unnecessary steps. There was a pre-interview group phone call that I had to be part of (didn't gain much from that), there was also a one-on-one phone call with a current ABM that they scheduled, and a lot of email communication/forms to fill out online. (I think the one-on-one call was nice, but everything else was pretty repetitive). For the interview day at Hershey, I had one 2-1 interview and two 1-1 interviews. I don't think they needed to have that many interviewers; for the most part the questions were the same and in the 2-1 interview, one person didn't say anything the entire time (which was a little awkward). They were definitely trying to gauge my interest in moving to PA just as much as they were trying to determine my abilities. In addition to the silent interviewer, the last interviewer of the day had a bit of a belittling attitude. I'm not sure if it was just a matter of she had seen x number of people before me, but she was visibly not really interested in the interview. (On the other hand, the second person I interviewed with was very engaged, so maybe it is just their interview styles coming through?) Overall it was an okay interview, but I felt like it could have taken less time if they didn't allow interviewers to ask the same question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the saddest you've ever been.   1 Answer
    • What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

College Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Camp Hill, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Received email traffic from HR office acknowledging consideration for the position. A link was provided to a portal with specific instructions and suspense of submission of the online interview. Completed interview submitted, editable presentations to HR within the allocated timeline. Received acknowledgment of receipt of the transcript. Awaited status; was not offered the position. Received candid feedback during follow up phone call.

Interview Questions

• Scenario-driven, support application of HR/Recruiting experiences.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with multiple people on the team. The process lasted for about three hours and interviewed with potential colleagues as well as Directors and VP. Had an informal interview over lunch with one person.

Interview Questions

• Case Based Questions. How would you enter into a new market, given X. What is the best pricing strategy for product Y, given these factors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (San Marcos, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I met with with a Retail Sales Representative at one of my college career fairs. I was introduced to the District Sales Manager and gave him my resume to review. I was later contacted by HR to submit an application for their summer internship. I had one face to face interview with the District Sales Manager and was offered the position a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an impossible deadline to meet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

They called me back for 3 interviews and ended up choosing someone else over me. I understand that not every decision is an easy one but when it comes to hiring an intern I feel like you should know after the 2nd interview.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from an office manager. In the next few days I was on a conference call with five people from the Global Shared Services Department. At this point the specific internship was not specified. It was the first summer this department was hiring interns, so they asked my past experience and interests in order to figure out which team I would fit best. Was called back about a week later letting me know I was one of five chosen for the whole department.