The Hershey Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hershey Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The Hershey Company

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

Applied online. Assessment required before interview. Test included subjects such as reading, arithmetic. Measuring, and problem solving. Not too hard, just take time. Was scheduled for an interview after passing test.

Interview Questions

• Sat in front of three employees, one of which was a supervisor. Asked STAR method questions (situation, task, action, result). Only problem was that they did it in groups and it took two hours to be interviewed.   Answer Question
    • Received call, accepted offer. Conditions include background check, a physical, and a drug screening.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

I found them at a career fair, so we initially talked over my career goals. Then I scheduled a zoom interview with them because of Coronavirus, which happened to be very friendly and enjoyable as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made an important decision and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Staff Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2020.

Interview

Interview process seems very fake so far. I don’t know if she worked at Hershey or an independent hr company, or even a scammer. Phone number was registered to New Jersey. She seemed to be asking very generic questions. I just want to know if this was a scam or not. I don’t know how to feel about it.

Interview Questions

• Will you require a visa now or in the future?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. One week later, HR reached out to me for a first round interview. Interview was scheduled for the next week. The interviewer ghosted me- never called. I emailed HR and they rescheduled the interview for a date the next week. I had the interview, and it was a wonderful and informing conversation. But, the interviewer never apologized for ghosting me. 2 weeks after the interview, I was invited back for a second round interview, which consisted of a few difficult behavioral questions and a case study. It took three weeks after the second round to get my decision, which was a rejection that was sent by an automated email. It is quite disrespectful that they sent an automated email rejecting me after two hour long interviews.
    Total process took 8 weeks- way too long.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews. Must answer using "star" technique when responding. The STAR method is a structured manner of responding to a behavioral-based interview question by discussing the specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are describing. Waited a long time to hear back in between interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

Group interviews with about 20 people, then you go to one on two interviews. The interview was sort of difficult but as long as you present yourself well you should be just fine.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2020.

Interview

I was instructed to select a time through email to have an hour long phone interview. The interview was conducted by a recruiter out of New Jersey who did not speak clear English and had me repeat my answers 2-3 times for every question. At the end he couldn’t answer my questions such as typical salary, average hours per week, or even what cities this “district” position serviced. He told me I would receive a recap email the day of the interview and confirmed my email - I never received this. He also stated someone would be in contact with next steps within the next week - which never occurred.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone from another organization?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

This interview was a online face-to-face interview that consisted of going through my resume followed by behavioral questions. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. There was no test needed to be taken prior to the interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

Interview began with asking about the candidate regarding academic history and interests. Typical behavioral questions were asked. A technical question regarding pricing and data analysis were asked towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to make difficult decisions in a group setting.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

The interview process was very professional yet comfortable. It was about 45 minutes long and was very informative. They asked me a lot of situational questions. I was also asked to give examples of how I have demonstrated some of the Hershey values. Overall it was a great experience and I can't believe that it was 45 minutes long because it flew by for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were given constructive criticism and how you handled it.   Answer Question