Toll Brothers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toll Brothers Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Ironically I was contacted after I accepted an offer from another home builder in the Phoenix area. The only reason I considered speaking to Toll Brothers is because I have loved the product they build for many years, and I always wanted to get into the semi-custom building industry.
    I met with one of Toll Brother's project managers on a Friday afternoon and we hit it off instantly. We spoke for almost a hour and a half. I received a call just a couple days later to meet with their VP, and again the meeting went very well.

Interview Questions

• Really, our conversation wasn't scripted, but the most dificult question I had was to explain how I had to explain a disappointing time to a client/customer.   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toll Brothers.

Interview

Most of the interview was average. Their reference check through SkillSurvey is somewhat inconvenient to your references. I felt guilty asking my references to fill out the SkillSurvey questionnaire. To fill out the questionnaire honestly, it requires a lot of time and thought on your reference's part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Deerfield Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

it was brief. They asked a few standard questions, I'm new at doing interviews as its been over 10 years.the interview was like reading off a cue card. I was very nervous as I hadn't taken one in so long.I feel the interview could have gone much better

Interview Questions

• they asked what I can bring to the company.   1 Answer

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Ashburn, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Phone call in two days, scheduled interview. Interviewed 2 diffiernet times with 2 different people. Waited a week for a call to offer job.

Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

Very Slow. If you need immediate employment look somewhere else. All the job site employees were ver nice and helpful when I was looking for information on the company but all agree it is a long process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Naples, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

Applied from job post to an Assistant Manager position at an existing community that had numerous unsold inventory homes. It was at the height of the housing collapse and management needed the homes sold. I was interviewed by a regional manager and a senior VP (both located locally at our division offices). They were looking for an aggressive salesperson, not your normal "Ruth Tight-Hind" type snooty female. I had prior auto sales experience, which I believe helped me win - over at least 50 other applicants.

We were encouraged to accept offers from clients and to their credit, management did a pretty good job getting some pretty hefty reductions approved. I was promoted to sales manager after the existing manager was (finally!) found to be inept. Inept means she sold 2 homes to my 12, yes - 12 homes. I kicked but that year, selling out the community with a total of 31 sales in 18 months. Very fortunate and lucky to have such an opportunity.

Company is Fortune 500, so expect the typical BS. Beware, they record what goes on in the work place, hidden cameras. They shop you often and only show you the footage if they have to castigate you for bad salesmanship.

Interview Questions

• Pitch me an inventory home with 40 others like it for sale, during the current financial climate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried, failed. Package is good, but don't look at my deal, it was once in a lifetime. Job can go months without a closing, so be prepared to live off the base...

Junior Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Horsham, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with an HR recruiter who was super friendly. She then contacted me a few days later to schedule an in person interview with herself as well as the VP of the department and 2 team managers. The overall process was pleasant and informative.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what drew me to toll brothers and asked me mainly about my past experience and specifically what experience I had with loans. They also asked me why I was leaving my present employer as well as what my job duties consist of. They also asked me what I knew about the company and explained the job in full detail and how I can move on to become a mortgage processor.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Horsham, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 2-3 weeks later received email asking for an interview. Did a basic resume screening phone interview with a recruiter and then was asked to schedule an in person interview with marketing manager

Online Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toll Brothers in November 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy asked a few questions about school and my availability they wanted to know if I had experience selling previously and what my major was also what my future plans and goals were.

Interview Questions

• are you knowledgable of Microsoft and excel   1 Answer

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Horsham, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

One 45 minute phone interview followed by another 1 hour phone interview before being invited into company headquarters for an entire half day of meeting and interviewing with a lot of people. I thought I gave a decent interview, but nobody ever got back to me! I followed up and was told they would give me some feedback after the weekend, and again they didn't even bother! It is a month later and even though I burned a vacation day and came out to corporate and invested 6 hours total in the process, they never had the decency to even take the time to tell me they were no longer considering me. A simple e-mail would have worked... I got NOTHING. Just silence. This is rude and I will never, *EVER* consider Toll Brothers for employment again. They WASTED MY TIME!!