Toll Brothers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Phila, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my information online. This recruiter pursued me quite actively and the process quickly accelerated after my initial phone screen. I was asked about my availability for next steps. They offered to stay after hours for an interview, which I found very accommodating. From there though, things got strange. The recruiter called me at a weird, inconvenient time (8:00pm) to confirm my in-person interview. Then after that, the recruiter called me numerous times to, what seemed like, "check in." After the 3rd or so "check in" I returned her call and she sprung on me that the hiring manager wanted to have a phone screen with me (this was after in person interview was confirmed) the day before I was scheduled to come into the office. I again offered my time at 5:00pm to make myself available for the call. I received yet ANOTHER call from the recruiter about 10 minutes before my scheduled call with the interviewer, which was odd in the sense that there was a lot of pauses and not too much information from the recruiter, but nonetheless chalked it up to the formal process. The real reason that prompted my review here is the fact that the interviewer called me TWENTY FIVE minutes past our scheduled time. I have never really experienced this before in my life whether how big or small the position. The interviewer apologized once they finally called and then ended the call with retracted the in-person interview invitation. The interviewer asked me to follow up to the recruiter with work samples and said that the answer was not a "NO" but that they needed to consult with their team. Since then, CRICKETS. In all honesty, I would not want to work for a company that does not respect my time or investment. If I was 5 minutes late to an interview, I would not be able to enter the building. My advice would be to revise you strategic staffing and HR priorities; you are missing out on top tier talent. Ironically, I was denied my in person interview by this interviewer due to my "lack of development in soft skills training." It appears Toll Brothers is the one in need of soft skill training in phone and interview etiquette.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR/in house recruiter. Very friendly and informative. Set up in person interview with property manager. They were 30 minutes late. Spent 5 mins with me and let me go... as a courtesy to me for keeping me waiting...(I insisted that it was ok, but I guess I was not to their liking) Randomly receive an auto-generated email a few days later regarding references, which they do via a scaled poll.

Interview Questions

• Where do you live? Can you get here easily? Are you familiar with this city?   2 Answers

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I sent my cover letter and resume to the project manager, got a response the next day and went in for an interview the next week. It was really laid back & everyone made me feel at ease. Really straight forward questions.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Horsham, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 2-3 weeks later received email asking for an interview. Did a basic resume screening phone interview with a recruiter and then was asked to schedule an in person interview with marketing manager

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toll Brothers in March 2017.

Interview

Had a Phone interview to start. Very low key. It went on for about half an hour. Questions were answered or explained thoroughly. In person scheduled. We update afterwards.

Interview Questions

• We do a thorough background check including driving, sex offender, criminal and schooling.   1 Answer

Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

Very Slow. If you need immediate employment look somewhere else. All the job site employees were ver nice and helpful when I was looking for information on the company but all agree it is a long process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Senior Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (North Bergen, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

First I was required to do a phone interview with HR. This was positive and led to me getting an interview with the department head. However, the HR person wasn't up on the scope of the position and didn't really understand accounting.

The job was located in my region, but they required that I interview at their headquarters.

Headquarters was great and work environment was positive. Only making me want the position more.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked too many questions once the accounting director realized she misinterpreted my resume. She instantly shut down.   Answer Question

Senior Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two Phone interviews with HR for a job in Northern NJ, only to have me come down to Philadelphia area for interview. Job description didn't include proper scope executive knew in five seconds I wasn't what she wanted

Interview Questions

• No specific questions. She basically knew she didn't want me in 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Junior Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Horsham, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with an HR recruiter who was super friendly. She then contacted me a few days later to schedule an in person interview with herself as well as the VP of the department and 2 team managers. The overall process was pleasant and informative.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what drew me to toll brothers and asked me mainly about my past experience and specifically what experience I had with loans. They also asked me why I was leaving my present employer as well as what my job duties consist of. They also asked me what I knew about the company and explained the job in full detail and how I can move on to become a mortgage processor.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Over the phone. There was no in-person interview. They called me up and we went over a few questions. I did not have anymore interviews after this as I did not want/need the job for other reasons.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the gaps in your employment.   1 Answer
    • They asked me to describe my past job responsibilities.   1 Answer