Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with the recruiter, then a final interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was extremely unprofessional and rude during the interview. The hiring manager could not even give reasons as to why they enjoyed working for TQL. The recruiter was great but the manager was not.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this position if you were not making the financial compensation you were looking for?   Answer Question

LAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Lengthy but you will you know the job you are interviewing for when you leave. Shadowing currently employees was most helpful, and allowed the best look at the job.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

It was an awkward process. They did a phone interview which sounded like it was all scripted. I had a video interview ..again scripted. I didn't feel like I could ask questions about the position and not be judged for my questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Westchester, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was beligerant ,combative and adversarial. He had some tough breaks in life and was going to project that on to recipients whenever there was a good chance.

If you have any kind of upbringing or polite mannorisms, they wont want you there.

From what I gathered , you will be required to leave truckers out on a limb at their expense if a few dollars can be saved in the process. They are not very liberal with paying their drivers detention when they have to dead head to a location for a pickup and the load gets cancelled when they can get another carrier for ten dollars cheaper.
    If you do want the job though and they ask you what motivates you about the sales process, don't attempt to find a greater meaning of that art with them, just give a one word answer,"MONEY",
    and maybe that can be your answer to any and of of their other questions as well, just keep saying "MONEY"-- Where did you go to college-?--""MONEY"
    How do you handle stress/-"MONEY" Do you work well in a team?-"MONEY" Can you work 6 days a week 13 hour a day?-"MONEY".

Kind of depressing, this interview really put into perspective the shape and ethical state that the whole country is in right now and the prognosis for a descent future with ethical people who have values and want to do the right thing by the community at large.

All in all, very hard core, and rough environment, this is the kind of place that if there is a problem, then the swearing, screaming and blaming starts up right away.
    The interviewer asked me if I visit Glassdoor frequently before an interview and I said No because its too much negativity and if you listened to those comments you would never work anywhere again. He said that he thrived off and feeds off the negativity because he enjoys it.
    Glad I could help him in that regard, maybe I will be a regular on here.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not working in the field you studied?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The whole process is completely disorganized and unprofessional. They company reached out to me and told me to apply. I happened to find that the company was something that fit my interests, but when I got to the face to face interview, I quickly found out what the company truly was. Representatives were swearing in the call center after they got off the phone with their clients. It was very evident they were trying to find individuals to fill a recent office. The lady I interviewed with was not dressed professional, nor did she take interest in anything I had to say. She was not even paying attention to me half of the time. The test I had to take before hand was a bit ridiculous, seeing though I had not had a geography class since my senior year of high school.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to get into sales.... LADY YOU ARE THE ONE THAT REACHED OUT TO ME   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

So far I am in the process of waiting. Things were a little different as I received my phone interview before I actually applied because of Indeed. The gentleman on the phone seemed extremely laid back. Being that this is a Fortune 500 company AND logistics, I am extremely excited about working here

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you would be interested in working with us?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Do the "homework" they ask you to do before the face to face interview. They won't ask about it but if you bring it up and use it, its a plus. Explain what motivates you and why you won't be happy with the 35K base salary.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Charleston, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

I had to learn about the company and what the job entails.I had an on sight interview as well as a personal tour of their great company.I had to listen to sales calls and see the differences in calls. Hows customers give rejections and how to overcome them.

Interview Questions

• How is the position going to fit my family life.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by Russell and I can honestly say he was very informative and clear about the type of candidate TQL is persuing. It was a smooth process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Why would we consider you for this position?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in March 2017.

Interview

Very forward and to the point. Wish to know about you and your goals. Experience is a plus and so is undergraduate training. You tour the facility and shadow some employees for the day to see the daily requirements.