Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

LAET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

it was lengthy. definitely go into depth trying to learn about the type of person you are your goals in life and how motivated you are. They are looking for true hustlers ready to grind it out for the big bucks. there is also a drug test phone interview and the last round is a couple of shadows ending with a interview with the manager if you make it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

3 phases: 1. Phone interview. Lasted 25 minutes. Asked v personality based questions followed by opinion based questions. 2. Video interview. Hireview interview with the recruiter. STAR questions/ answers used. 3. Observation day/interview with Group Sales Manager. Went well. They want to know if you are ethical and hungry to make money.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if an employee was being unethical.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2018.

Interview

It's a lengthy three step process. The first interview was over the phone and was very simple and to the point. You are speaking with a recruiter to learn a little more about each other. If that goes well they will send you short video and quiz to take online before meeting in person. I was told I would receive a call in two days to set up my in person interview. Over a week went by before hearing back. During the second interview you see the office and have a more in-depth conservation about the work that would be expected of you...cold calling. Once again well over a week went by before hearing back for the final interview. The third interview consists of spending a hour with two sales people, one still in training and the other is a successful broker. I felt like I was walking into a frat house, LAX practice going on while walking around. Gym and sporting equipment lay all over the floor. Jeans, t-shirts, and flip flops must be the norm, glad I was told to wear a suit and tie. The final interview is with the hiring manager. Be prepared for the scare tactic! I was interviewed by one of the most boring people I have ever met, this guy was the perfect example of what they are looking for. Someone who will set aside their life to devote all of their time to work. I was told work-life balance did not exist while you are setting up your book of business (two years)...sounds very healthy to me! If you are looking to make a lot of money, but not have a life, this is a perfect opportunity. However there is more to life than making unlimited money if you aren't able to enjoy life.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Columbia, SC) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position online and they gave me a call back a couple days later. The entire interview process took about two weeks, and its set up in 3 phases.

First, you schedule a phone interview where a recruiter will ask you basic questions about your resume, followed by a brief description of the job, then finally you have to give them a sales pitch at the end. The sales pitch can be about any product of your choosing, they just want to get a feel for how you talk over the phone. (Don't worry, they let you know you're going to have to give a pitch prior to your interview, so you have time to prepare something).

The second interview will be in person. You will have to go into the office you're applying to and take a 3 part test that consists of: TQL knowledge, Math, and the location of the 50 States. (Once again dont worry, they will give you a study guide, and practice tests to prepare)

The final interview will once again be in office. You will have about a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. They will go over your resume a little bit more, but not much. This last interview is really about figuring out who you are as a person. They will ask you your basic interview questions, but you can tell they dont want to hear some rehearsed BS, just be yourself.

After I completed all of these I got a phone call back the next day notifying me that I had recieved the job offer. Everyone I met during this entire process was extremely helpful and made the entire exprience very smooth.

Good Luck, hope this was helpful!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2018.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview and then a week after I had an interview via a video platform. I then conducted an in person interview a week after that and then I received an offer a few days after that and then denied. It was a good process and it was really stressed that this is a non stop 24/7/365 job. The more hours put in the more successful one will be.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was called almost immediately after putting in my application. Set up a quick 15 minute interview a couple of days later. I got an email the next day informing me that they did not want to move forward in the interview process with me.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel like you have a natural sales ability?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

The recruiter at the Grand Rapids, MI TQL office waisted a total of 12 hours of my life that I will never get back. If she had simply done her job and read my resume instead of blindly cold calling applicants to boost her commissions I wouldn’t be leaving this review. 12 hours later and a verbal job offer this kid calls me back to let me know that the offer is rescinded because I previously worked at a brokerage firm... Which was listed on my resume and discussed numerous times throughout the hiring process. *also note-worthy that this office is comprised of ALL men. The only female in the office is the incompetent recruiter that I’ve referred to.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Louisville, KY) in March 2018.

Interview

I was called earlier a few weeks before and told about a good position in customer service. I was then told that they will not be considering me for that position and wanted me to sell their product as an outside sells representative. Waste of time, in my opinion, don't waste your time with his company.

Interview Questions

• Will be you okay with a sales position in which you will be selling your self to get clients for our business locally? (Specifically soliciting business)   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Very standard interview questions; was changed to different staff recruiter half way through, and they don’t seem to get their voicemails. They are constantly asking over and over if you are okay with the type of work and whether you can handle the pressure.

Interview Questions

• Please make a written list of 20 manufacturers, 10 dry good, 5 frozen, and 5 perishable. If they don’t do their own distribution, please include information for the distributor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cleveland, OH) in March 2018.

Interview

Brief phone interview with recruiting lead to start. Fairly straightforward questions about yourself and info on the job. Next step was a video conference interview with the recruiter. It that goes well you will be invited for a tour of the office and a face to face interview with the Sales Leader.

LAET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

3 Interviews. First over the phone (15 min). Second in-person tour of office and meeting with recruiter (1 hour). Third was 2 hours which consisted of job shadow with two different employees and then meeting with hiring manager. They want you to talk about how you are motivated to make money, as should be the case with any sales position. The first two interviews were pretty laid back but the 3rd was more intense as the hiring manager wanted to see how I would react to negative feedback. You need to show them that you can think on your toes.