Total Wine & More Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic, a personality test, drug test and other basic interview questions. Availability is very important as well as understanding you'll be on your feet all day. Manager who interviewed me was very direct and wanted to give me a good idea of what was required. He had only been with the company for 6 months or so.

Interview Questions

• Wine knowledge questions like "Name the five main Bordeaux grapes."   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (North Bethesda, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

I was given an initial phone interview, then brought in for a face to face with the person hiring. People were relatively friendly.They had just moved to new offices that were still in renovation stage. It seemed like any other interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic interview questions; what in your previous experience would be applicable to the job your applying for, etc. Gave a background on the company and shared information on the company culture.   2 Answers

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Miami, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, online assessment, in-person interview. Hiring district manager was highly unprofessional, slouched in his seat the entire time, yawned and appeared uninterested regardless. I arrived about 20 minutes prior to my interview only to find the district manager on his cell phone seated outside of the store slouching near the store entrance while customers were walking in. Not a good example for employees and customers.
     The store manager was seated next to him kept saying how great of a boss he is to work for. I was embarrassed for the two of them. This company is seeking individuals who are willing to serve their masters. Not seeking professionals that can provide results. Unprofessional retail environment, do not waste your time. If not considered you will simply not hear back. This is a clear example of the culture in this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your education and past work experience?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Rockville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly typical for a senior-level software engineer: (1) initial in-person or phone interview about an hour long, featuring basic level programming and database questions to make sure you are minimally competent and ready for an in-depth interview; (2) an online logic test; (3) a multi-part interview featuring more extensive database, OOP, and SOA questions from other developers and the lead architect, plus an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of business rules regarding ordering pizzas (including toppings, prices, and handling specials), design code structure and database schema to implement those rules.   Answer Question

It was a GREAT offer, but I accepted a different one that is much closer to home.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Bethesda, MD) in September 2010.

Interview

Not a positive experience. Many interviews, promises of "we are getting close to making you an offer" and then nothing. This went on for two-three different positions.

Generally some of the employees were nice, however some management seem distant and rigid (in my personal opinion).

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience with the liquor industry.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Rockville, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Very typical process. Got called for a 30 minute screening phone interview, and then got called in for a few interview rounds with different managers. The process took half a day.The questions were pretty standard and I only had a few situational questions. Very cool company with cool products and background.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, and the interviewer was very distracted. After I finished answering my questions I had to say that's it each almost every time for the interviewer to keep asking me questions. The phone cut off in the middle of an answer to a question, and the interviewer let me continue my answer.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions based on my resume.
      What are your 5 year goals?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Total Wine & More in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a day. There were four rounds of interviews. One phone and three on site interviews. Questions are quite general, projects that were worked on in your department, what kind of leadership roles have you taken. They asked technical/Behavioral questions ,and roles/responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. Interviewer asked a series of questions. Tells a little bit about the job. Asked if you can work holidays. Does not let you know during the holiday season you will be forced to work over 40 hours even if part time. Make promises about giving hours when in fact their is lack of hours.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Brief, if they like you, they ask you to take a personality profile test. I had to keep calling to see when I would start. They were slow to respond because they were trying to get the new store ready for merchandise. I negotiated $10/hr, she said $9.25, I said $9.75, she said $9.50. I accepted. She still only gave me $9.25. When I tried to get it corrected, they said they had no record of the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More in June 2011.

Interview

They will sit you down in a room with the manager that is interviewing you, and will ask you several different questions, i.e. describe a situation in which you disagreed with a manager and how you remedied that, what are your greatest skills, etc. They will also have you take a personality test to see if you are high or low risk for the job. You have to be diligent about calling them back once they have made you an offer. Their processes are very drawn out.

Interview Questions

• There's not much out of the ordinary when it comes to the interview process. It's your typical run of the mill questions.   Answer Question