Tyco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2016

2.8

VMware Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Princeton, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

submitted my resume to a recruiter, was contacted about a week later and had a phone screen scheduled a couple of weeks after that. phone screen was very technical followed by an in person at tyco in princeton with the Director of Platform services. interview went well and lead engineer mentioned pushing to get the role moving but was contacted a day later indicating i did not have as strong "enterprise" experience as they had expected though i work for the DoD and in my prior role was an infrastructure engineer focused on virtualization for a 50k plus user environment with multiple global datacenters. this role has been open for some time and tyco has had issues filling it.

Interview Questions

• what is sioc? have you used update manager?
      describe drs, vmotion etc?
      what is evc?
      have you ever assisted in clustering sql server or other databases?
      how would you recommend a solution?
      do you have a preference for hardware?
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

Very easy conversational. Phone with HR, 2nd District Sales Manager, 3rd Area Sales Manager. Be prepared to speak on your sales acumen, and your presentation skills. Best of luck to you

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied the job online, and got a call from recruiter in about one week. Had onsite interview three weeks later. The interview process took 3 hours plus a lunch session. There are four 40 minutes interview sessions. The people in the interview were wonderful and laid back. The manager asked about my technique background. The three code sessions are not very difficult. They asked a few algorithm questions.

They have never told me the result of my application. I am not sure what happened.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyco in February 2016.

Interview

The Person was very rude when approaching me as a candidate, they expect a guy that do follow up and bahave in a professional manner but that doesn't apply to them, was very obious that she wasn't familiarized with my résumé at all. Been said that I don't have experience in sales - 25+ years clearly stated in presentation letter and big sales and proven trac records with company names, contact, numbers and jobs - related to Electronic sales - was a disrespecting thing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tyco (Aurora, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Online application with face to face interview. The interview was a one on one conversation in a conference room. The woman doing the interview was friendly and pleasant. There was also a typing test

Interview Questions

• How well can you deal with working in a face paced environment?   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tyco (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter from CO. Phone interview conducted by recruiter the next week. Second interview was with Department manager via phone. Basic questions were asked. Third interview held with Director and Department Mgr..

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with ERP systems.   1 Answer
    • Are you able to create pivot tables from random data.   1 Answer
    • So you have inventory experience?   1 Answer

Sale Representative (Entry Level) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco in December 2015.

Interview

Brief interview going over your background and experience. Very relaxed and easy if you know how to articulate well. Be confident on the phone and you will get a face to face interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tyco (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Depends on how your background check and drug test goes. Once you pass that someone will call, where you will have phone interview and then they move through the next process.

Interview Questions

• What type of customers have you handled?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tyco (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a different person than initially referred to. He was very experienced however I had to steer the interview on my own. The questions were based on my resume.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

Began with a phone call, then an in person interview with at first the hiring manager and then again with a different manager within the office. At the end of that received a brief tour of the office layout and was offered the job at that point.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and why?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Where I saw myself in 5 years.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? My biggest strength   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy they offered a salary that was acceptable to me.