Tyco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tyco Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

There was a phone interview, in person interview with multiple people at once, then the job offer came shortly after.It wasn't hard and over all pain free. The interview was with more than one person.

VMware Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Princeton, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

submitted my resume to a recruiter, was contacted about a week later and had a phone screen scheduled a couple of weeks after that. phone screen was very technical followed by an in person at tyco in princeton with the Director of Platform services. interview went well and lead engineer mentioned pushing to get the role moving but was contacted a day later indicating i did not have as strong "enterprise" experience as they had expected though i work for the DoD and in my prior role was an infrastructure engineer focused on virtualization for a 50k plus user environment with multiple global datacenters. this role has been open for some time and tyco has had issues filling it.

Interview Questions

• what is sioc? have you used update manager?
      describe drs, vmotion etc?
      what is evc?
      have you ever assisted in clustering sql server or other databases?
      how would you recommend a solution?
      do you have a preference for hardware?
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

Very easy conversational. Phone with HR, 2nd District Sales Manager, 3rd Area Sales Manager. Be prepared to speak on your sales acumen, and your presentation skills. Best of luck to you

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied the job online, and got a call from recruiter in about one week. Had onsite interview three weeks later. The interview process took 3 hours plus a lunch session. There are four 40 minutes interview sessions. The people in the interview were wonderful and laid back. The manager asked about my technique background. The three code sessions are not very difficult. They asked a few algorithm questions.

They have never told me the result of my application. I am not sure what happened.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to present job. He then arranged a quick phone interview/screening. Did interview with 2 sales managers at local office in Chicagoland area. Then follow up interview and was given verbal offer. After security check, finger printing, drug screen, I checked out their benefits and the crappy territory and moved on. The recruiter was kind of nasty about it and tried to talk me out of it.

Car Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tyco (Secaucus, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Given a written and autocad test. Based on your responses and drawing in cad more discussions will occur about your future plans. What type of experience you have in the life safety industry. Distance from work that you live to determine reliability on making it to work on time

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years without this company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tyco (Aurora, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Online application with face to face interview. The interview was a one on one conversation in a conference room. The woman doing the interview was friendly and pleasant. There was also a typing test

Interview Questions

• How well can you deal with working in a face paced environment?   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tyco (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter from CO. Phone interview conducted by recruiter the next week. Second interview was with Department manager via phone. Basic questions were asked. Third interview held with Director and Department Mgr..

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with ERP systems.   1 Answer
    • Are you able to create pivot tables from random data.   1 Answer
    • So you have inventory experience?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tyco in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interviews with 4 different people including the HR representative, Manager, VP of product management, and the team engineers. There were many technical questions to understand my competency and others to gauge how well I would work in the team.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel?   1 Answer

Sale Representative (Entry Level) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco in December 2015.

Interview

Brief interview going over your background and experience. Very relaxed and easy if you know how to articulate well. Be confident on the phone and you will get a face to face interview.