UDR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Senior Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UDR (Boston, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

Met with one of the companies General Managers and he put me in touch with Tosha who took over from there! From there I took my assessment tests and submitted my resume etc. Tosha was extremely helpful and made the process easy.

Interview Questions

• The personality test asks things like: Would you prefer to go to a networking event or stay at home and read a good book by yourself?   Answer Question

Leasing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UDR (Boston, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

My interview process with UDR, Inc. was wonderful to say the least. It's been a difficult time for millions of people who are working tirelessly everyday to combat the spread of COVID-19 and for those of us who have lost jobs the struggle has been even harder. However, I knew I needed to make the best of of my situation so I began shopping myself around to other companies trying to get a position and when I found UDR, Inc. was hiring I knew this was my chance.I reached out to Tosha Brewer with a personal message via LinkedIn, and as they say the rest is history. Tosha was extremely professional throughout the entire hiring process, she was always there to answer any of my questions and offered solutions to some of my problems as well. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have been able to secure an interview with UDR, Inc. and for that I am very grateful. I encourage anyone who is looking for a new opportunity in leasing or is curious about the commercial real estate industry to reach out to Tosha and the other various individuals on UDR's Talent Acquisition Team. The UDR team has been very enjoyable to work with and I am excited to being a new chapter in my career with such wonderful and talented people! I wish all those searching for new jobs or positions the best of luck and if there is any advice I can give it's this: Finding a full time job, is a full-time job. Treat it as such and you'll be rewarded.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have in leasing? (Commercial or Residential)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UDR (Bel Air, MD) in January 2020.

Interview

Such a great experience. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and equally as friendly! They made the process welcoming! I met different staff members and everyone was awesome! I love how personal everyone made me feel!

Interview Questions

• What was an attribute that I could contribute to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UDR (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with great recruiter followed by face-to-face with Property Manager and General Manager. Follow-up phone call with global training manager. Was informed all would discuss impression and opinions of me and would later follow up

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UDR.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted very quickly for a phone interview with their recruiter, Tosha. Tosha was extremely professional and personable. She assisted me throughout the entire process from setting up several in-person interviews to calling me with updates and an offer. The process was extremely smooth and communication was great. My in-person interviews with various regional managers we extremely professional, welcoming, and comfortable. I am excited to be part of the team and can tell that every single employee stands behind this company.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to walk through my various industry experiences.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UDR (Norwood, MA) in August 2019.

Interview

I had three interviews over the course of a month. All were positive experiences. I traveled to three different properties owned by UDR . Met with three different maintenance managers, all were impressed by my experience and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem being on call ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UDR (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

first interview awesome, 2nd horrifying. First was with the junior manager because the manager i was to interview with wasn't there. 2nd started with regional and senior manager who missed first manager. regional left and senior manager set about torpedoing me. After describing scheduling needs on resume and in first interview, she says, well i have no use o you if you have restrictions. well read the damn resume before hand. she was an impressive law degree kinda gal who is truly manipulative and destructive. regional manager returns as i am about to leave and asks how it went and was shocked to hear, not so good. really? shocked? either you condone her behavior or are truly gullible. left grateful to have seen what i avoided working under. too many positive opportunities with real people not law school wannabe's. ps bet she's single

Interview Questions

• how can you raise your self esteem (what a passive aggressive way to end my desire to work at UDR)   Answer Question

Community Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UDR (Waltham, MA) in June 2019.

Interview

Tosha Brewer the Area Recruiter and she reached out to me after viewing my resume online. She conducted a phone screening and was a complete joy to connect with. After the phone interview, I was invited to meet the General Manager and Regional Manager where they asked questions about my background (education, work). The interview experience was great - I felt comfortable and I could sense my interviewers understood my qualifications. Lastly, I was invited for a third interview with my direct manager a Senior Community Director. During that interview, I was asked questions about the day to day operations and my management style. My interview went for a little over an hour since I had many questions for her as she did for me and we instantly hit it off. Overall, the interview process was quick and you could get a general sense of the organization based on the way the folks within the company carried themselves - very professional, courteous and friendly. I was asked to complete an assessment as part of the interview process that asks questions related to working collaboratively, independent and office attitudes. It was a standard test that took about 30 minutes to complete. By the end of the day of my final interview I received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience, how it relates to the current job I was applying to and why I was on the job market search.   Answer Question

Lead Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UDR (Braintree, MA) in June 2019.

Interview

Very positive , informative, helpful, and a overall great experience. Started with a phone interview , then a manager interview , followed by a community manager interview. Email and phone follow ups /updates. Very polite and seem like very good people.

Resident Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UDR (Woburn, MA).

Interview

It was great. The communication was very clear and consistent. Follow ups were always made and it was a great experience. Corporate really made sure you were up to date on your status