UDR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UDR (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked to interview at a job fair promoted by UDR. They were looking to fill positions at several properties. Tosha Brewer made me feel at ease and also provided valuable feedback to my answers. I was asked to interview with the Property Manager and Maintenance Manager another day at the property I was interested in working at.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to take emergency on call on rotation.   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UDR (Anaheim, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with on the phone interview after applying for the position online. I was called me to arrange the interview time. It's was unprofessional and rude and never apply for this company.

Interview Questions

• The agreed time for an interview didn't happen and callbacks went straight voicemail. I was told they were going forward another person. When I checked UDR sit their e open interviews next week for all positions with onsite hiring managers. This included my position and it wasn't filled   Answer Question

Apartment Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UDR (Hermitage, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online got an interview 2 Days Later. Everybody at the office was friendly and Tasha from corporate was extremely helpful. Would recomend UDR to anyone. The interview was easy and relaxed. I met with w managers and the maintenance supervisor they where very open and welcomed questions.

Property Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UDR (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call that UDR was interested in my application. After a phone screening, I was invited into the Boston office for an in-person interview. The interview was very relaxed and conversational. I was given the opportunity to get all of my questions answered and felt very comfortable! I was offered the position later that day.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for UDR?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UDR (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This interview process was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I had 7 interviews with numerous Managers. They all loved me, I walked out of every single interview feeling very happy and confident. I made a consistent effort to seek feedback on anything that I could improve on and all manager told me I was perfect for the position. Thats why I taken and shocked as to why the interview process took 2 months, was moved between several properties for potential placement and never got an offer. It was a waste of time filled with misleading hopes from upper management.

Interview Questions

• Why UDR?
      What qualifies you for this position?
      How would you handle an upset resident?   Answer Question

UDR Response

Jun 7, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I apologize you had such a bad experience when interviewing with UDR. We know your time is valuable and we certainly did not mean to mislead you in... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UDR (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was threefold. I met with the district sales manager for the initial interview. She was extremely professional and made me feel comfortable during the whole interview. After that I was contacted by the area recruiter to schedule a second interview with the community director. Before meeting for the second interview, I created a profile on their job portal and submitted an application. After the second interview I was invited for a third interview with the regional manager. During each step of the interview process the communication was timely and thorough. I was kept abreast of all next steps in the process. The area recruiter responded to all my emails in a timely fashion and was extremely helpful through this entire process. Interviews can be extremely intimidating but I felt comfortable because of the thorough communication UDR provided.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UDR (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I found the interview process to be painless. The questions asked were none evasive.!!
    My background is in hospitality and I felt the crossover would not be too difficult. My knowledge of the neighborhood and city's resources is quite good in relation to working at the Domain in Canton.

I am very excited about this position and I trust I have and will meet all requirements of a great concierge!

Interview Questions

• Why did I think I would make a good concierge!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UDR (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview was great, I was very nervous at the time ,but they make me feel very comfortable.
    Tosha Brewer was my recruiter, she was Amazing help me all the way through the process.

Interview Questions

• How long are you been wondering as Maintenance technician?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UDR (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. Courtney made me feel very comfortable. Tosha the Area Recruiter was also amazing. The follow up that I received could not have been any better.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to change career paths   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very simple.

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UDR (Tualatin, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted my online application, a recruiter from UDR Jessica Berlin the most Epic recruiter I have ever came across, she took my application went over my resume with me and from start to finish she lead me every step of the way. interview consisted of one assessment one online quiz of my profession one background check and one u/a test all was a breeze due to my recruiter she not only put me in a job of my dreams but plugged me into the most amazing team I will be working with the manager was super polite and professional my supervisor I will be working hand and hand with really honest and strong provided all the details of the position in my interview for the first time I felt right where I wanted to be not where someone just randomly came across my resume and tossed it to another company, with a Disney land wave and a retail "good luck buddy" this company rocks and I am super grateful to be here all due to my UDR recruiter Jessica Berlin thank you so for everything you did for me on this interview process.

Interview Questions

• do I know how to change out a hot water heater?   1 Answer
    • When one employee gossips about another what do I say or do?   1 Answer
    • do I hold any grudges if me and a co/worker get into a disagreement?   1 Answer
    • Can I work alone?   1 Answer