US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2018
1,018 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Go to MEPS, take the ASVAB, and pick a job. No real interview required. You do the ASVAB one day then come back to pick your job and everything else. It only takes about a day or so to do the background screening, physical exam, and choose your job.

Interview Questions

Interview

1. Get accepted into a commissioning program (OCS, ROTC, Naval Academy, NUPOC)
    2. Graduate with a Bachelors degree
    3. Pass interview at Naval Reactors in DC
    3. Complete the training pipeline
    4. Once on a ship or submarine, must complete qualification process while working full time (checkouts on specific ship's systems, operations and casualty procedures)

Interview Questions

• Various collegiate level math/physics/engineering questions in technical interviews (DC)   1 Answer

Interview

There was no interview process. The recruiter told me what I needed to do and I did it. This involved many different forms of paperwork to include places I lived. I also had to provide a sample of my urine to make sure I didn't take drugs.

Enigeening Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Quick question straight to the point. If you want to join then the whole process is alot smoother. If not your just wasting your own time. Very basic stuff like any other interview only thing different is you choose what your over job will be

Enlisted Sailor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Duluth, GA).

Interview

- Go to recruiting office
    - Go to MEPS
    - Get medical check up
    - Take ASVAB
    - Swear in
    - Go to boot camp whenever you are scheduled to

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done drugs?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever committed a felony?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any pre-existing conditions/diseases?   1 Answer

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very technical Naval Reactors interview based in physics, math, and science. Some personality questions to break the ice but almost entirely technical requiring pencil and paper computations, no calculators allowed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

The hiring process is through a recruiter. They do a background check, drug test, and you take an evaluation test to determine what jobs you qualify for. From there you are offered a contract.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to be truthful about all questions asked.   1 Answer

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview consists of 2 or 3 roughly hour-long technical interviews examining both your ability to answer fairly basic calculus and physics questions as well as your ability to think on your feet without giving up. After this is a brief interview with the admiral in charge of the Navy Nuclear Propulsion Program. Advice as someone who prepped interviewees: learn principles not problems and NEVER GIVE UP. If you really have no idea then start with F=MA or something equally basic and work from there. If you study enough then you should have an endless arsenal of vaguely related equations or concepts to play with rather than just staring at the paper in panic.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find the volume of this cup on my desk.
      2. Teach me something.
      3. Two people start running at two given rates in opposite directions around a running track. How many times do they pass each other before the faster runner completes 2 miles?   Answer Question

Enlisted Sailor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

No interview required. Just pass physical, drug test and boot camp and then your selected “A”school. Dress yourself right, show up on time and what you are told. Stay out of trouble and you’ll succeed.

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Long training process in Great Lakes. Lots of in class training along with hands on experience. The instructors are knowledgeable. The base is large with many options.

Interview Questions

• More along the lines of scenario exams.   1 Answer