US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.2

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Went well very well well well well well lol oh my golly geeze it was awesome I loved it and everything oh my gosh it was awesome so awesome oh my golly geeze it was cool

Nuclear Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (West Chester, OH).

Interview

No questions are asked other than regarding security clearance, background check, and testing of academic skills. ASVAB and NFQT are required tests for entrance. The process was simple and clearly explained.

US Navy Enlisted Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

There is no easier interview. They want just about anyone. As long as you have not been convicted of a felony and can pass a urine test for drugs you can join.

Interview Questions

• Have you been convicted of a felony?   1 Answer

Commissioned Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Extensive application review before selecting current commissioned officer in the job field. These recommendations are submitted for final review to a hiring board with limited availabilities. The catch,however, is that the annual periodic performance assessments are conducted by senior enlisted personnel. This creates a underlying rift between the employee and their immediate supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to become an officer over continuing in senior enlisted roles?   Answer Question

Hm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Rigorous. Medical Exams, Physical Tests, Blood Tests, Photos of tattoos, intensive background screening, Knowledge Tests, Many interviews, with many different people. Engagement expected throughout the process. You will be promised many things. Do research on your own.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Panel interview via Skype. Depersonalized and uncomfortable. Could not gauge how they were feeling. I would have much preferred a face to face interview. It felt very robotic with no real interaction. Hard to see their facial expression or take cues on answering the questions. I did not like this type of interview.

Interview Questions

• current and past experience; basic interview questions   1 Answer

Sailor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Are you 18 fresh out of high school with no legal troubles? Are you married? DO you do drugs? What can you do for the Navy? How good are you at school.

Interview Questions

• Are you 18 fresh out of high school with no legal troubles?   1 Answer

Nuclear Electricians Mate Navy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayport, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Mayport, FL).

Interview

To become enlisted you take the ASVAB to see what job you qualify for. You then fill out a contract with what job you want and some background check forms. Afterwards you enter DEP (delayed enlistment program) until a space is open for you in your rate. It could be days, weeks, or a few months. The recruiter has a quota and will stretch the truth to get you to sign on the dotted line.

Judge Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Not allowed to disclose specifics, but it was a structured interview process focusing on the ethics and the mindset of the individual. "What would you do if . . ." sort of questions. As they are longer questions and are more time sensitive to think through and fully respond, they also are likely meant to test how you think and how quickly. I was allowed a pen and paper to write notes on my answers. I would urge you to not think so hard about the right answer or what they want to hear, and just answer honestly.

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Had to take a pre-Asvab test followed by an Asvab. Following time later discussed options available due to Asvab score. Later on got a basic physical which included a drug test followed by a sit down with contract negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer