US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.2

Cryptologic Technician Interpretive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

You work with your local Navy recruiter and go through some prescreening tests first to assess your aptitude. This will allows recruiters to offer you positions that you qualify for and are currently available. You have to provide your medical records and they'll do a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Navy?   1 Answer

Cryptologic Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Temecula, CA).

Interview

I was put through a multitude of background investigations, security interviews, and polygraph exams. Also personal finance investigations. Your physical fitness, height and weight are also tested. About 30% of Americans are ever eligible to serve in the US Military.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Go to a recruiting station and the recruiters will most likely be very eager to facilitate your enlistment. Take the ASVAB test and score well. If you score well, Navy life is much easier. If you do not score well, you may not get in and if you do, your job will be painting the ship(rain or shine). Study for the ASVAB and do not accept the score unless you feel like you have achieved your maximum.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Killeen, TX).

Interview

You must first take the ASVAB, in order to find a job suited for you. You can go talk to a recruiter, and they can help figure out the details.

Interview Questions

• Was I physically fit, enough to do a physical assessment twice a year.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Navy (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Delayed Entry Program (DEP) I walked in and mentioned wanting to know more about the Navy. I was asked many questions back then but I honestly do not remember any of them. I am sure they asked about drug use and smoking, etc.

Fireman Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Sign on the dotted line, go to meps and get screened by doctors and take the asvab test then go back to recruiter and learn which date you will go to boot camp

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

2 hour long Tech interviews and 1 short face to face with the director of Navy Nuclear Propulsion. The technical interviews drove my acceptance into the program. This was an all day interview with a study day leading up to the interview. Expenses were paid in Washington D.C.

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

go the recruitment office and tell them i wanted to join, i took the ASVAB and signed the papers then waited my turn to go to boot camp. I got a background check and lost some weight.

Interview Questions

• did you finish high school   1 Answer

E-6 US Navy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Long and through process with extensive medical history review, criminal background, informal. Came to the house and sat with me before asking me to the office to take the practice exam (ASVAB). After passing the test with a high score they put the pressure on.

Interview Questions

• Have you been charged with or convicted of a felony   1 Answer

Sailor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Anyone can join the military unless they have a unapproved medical issue that would prohibit them from performing the duties. Pre tests are conducted by medical staff prior to you leaving. You will then be allowed or denied.

Interview Questions

• You are essentially put through the "ringer"   1 Answer