US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Nuclear Machinist Mate Submariner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Morristown, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

If you meet all the requirements to join the military you are hired. The delayed enlistment program can be lengthy for nukes. I'm not sure how long the wait time is but in 2013 it was about 6 months.

Ordinary Seaman Interview

Interview

Recruiter kept calling me 24/7. Needed to make his quota for sure but I needed a career too so worked out well for us both in the end I guess

Interview Questions

• Do you want to see the world?   1 Answer

Gunners Mate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Typical enlistment for a young guy. Pretty laid back, just filled out paperwork. Didn’t take very long. Recruiter helped. Was over in a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was a background check and a TON of paperwork. Would love to see this streamlined in the future. The required outfit for an interview is casual, no suit is neccessary.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

There are no requirements to become an IT in the navy other than pass the ASVAB. Graduate from bootcamp and then graduate from A school. After that, it's pretty straight forward to advance.

Enlisted Sailor Interview

Interview

You go in and talk to a recruiter and they ask you a variety of questions. You will take the ASVAB and that tells you what jobs your are eligible for. Then you can travel to MEPS where they tell you what jobs are available. Choose your rate choose your fate. Educate yourself before you go.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

standard military hiring procedures so you go through meps, bootcamp, technical school. i went through a chicago recruiter, then went into DEP program for 4 months, then shipped to bootcamp, then went to ATC a-school for 4 months, graduated and stationed in Florida

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy in March 2020.

Interview

Still waiting. Seems to have a quick turn around on the phone interview but the onsite seems to be taking a lot longer. Lack of communication seems to be the industry norm. Most of the work has been on my end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

There is no real interview for the US Navy but there is an extensive vetting process to determine what type of job you will obtain. It is a smart idea for anyone that doesn't have a plan to join.

Officer Interview

Interview

Use a commissioning source after attending a 4-year degree. It can be ROTC, academy, or OCS. All have there pros and cons, and should depend on your specific situation and needs.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Long and drawn out, lots of tests and waiting. Best to understand what each job you are interested in is before going to MEPS as the job descriptions are not normally accurate. The people at MEPS are salespeople.