US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,041 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

ASVAB testing and aptitude determines the placement of the individual into particular jobs of the military. The better you score I the testing process the more likely you are to have choices In your military jobs you are normally paired up with during your military tenure.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Redlands, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Have you smoked weed before? No? Then you are in the clear. Also, if you are good at memorization you should do just fine. 6 figure job outside of the military. Don't know why more people don't get out. Got me a 'rarri

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Charlotte, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Easy. Be physically fit. Prepare. be able to run 1.5 miles and do situps/pushups appropriate for your age and sex. Your recruiter will test you before you are sent to MEPS, so just saying you can do it won't cut it.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been charged or convicted of a crime?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Interview

Military

Negotiation

Choose your job wisely.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

no interview required because this is a military service job. you just need your personal information and required documentation. I had a high school diploma and passed the drug test. that's was it

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Interview

To join the service contact one of the navy recruiters at the malls all over the country. They will probably tell you that you can be anything you want, but do yourself a favor and Google the navy ratings (jobs in the navy) and make an educated decision which way you want to go. Recruiter will make you fill out some forms and get you ready for meps (military entrance processing station) it's where you will take asvab, medical exam and after that off you go to boot camp in Great Lakes, IL. If you have a college degree don't waste your time talking to enlisted recruiters find an officer recruiter. Enlisted recruiters will try to lure you in by saying you can always switch to officer later. It's much harder to do that once you are in as an enlisted, just don't do it that way.

Interview Questions

• They will just establish basic eligibility, age, asvab score, citizenship (not required for all ratings)   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Interview

Initial contact was easy and simple. I contacted my local Navy recruiter and all paperwork was gone over in depth. The entire process was seamless and effortless. I chose a job based on scores from my ASVAB scoring. The recruiter walked me through everything I would encounter in boot camp and I signed. It couldn't be easier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We discussed job opportunities that best suited me and I chose from a list of open billets.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

brief and weird. The building is cold, and you and everyone else are shuffled around like cattle. You have to take tests, medical screenings, and many processes. Be prepared to set aside a whole day.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Kansas City, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process are easy. Recruiters will work with you every step of the way to ensure they do everything in their power to get you a job.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in joining the United States Navy   1 Answer

Commissioned Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Go to your recruiting station, take the ASVAB test, see how you do. Biggest thing is to be sure of your choice for your job. There are many different jobs available, but moving between them is difficult once you're in.

Interview Questions

• What field do you want to enter.   1 Answer