US Postal Service Rural Carrier Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

1.9

161 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

It takes a very long time to go through the process. You must apply online, and then you will be asked to take a test. If you score high enough you will be considered and asked to attend an orientation/interview along with many others also being considered for multiple different positions. This part of the process was very smoothe and simple. The people running this we're very nice and everything seemed well organized.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
  • What would make you a valuable asset to the postal service if hired for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Entire process 3+ months.. Applied in April , interview and background in June, and early part of July drug test and another background. Following orientation date at the end of July

Anonymous Employee in Canton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Canton, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online May 14, went in to do 473 test on May 16, got email results immediately when done. Did first background check on May 24th. First interview on June 1st. Acceptance email received on June 5th. Request for additional background information and drug test on June 5th also. Did drug test on June 7th. Passed those checks. Asked for fingerprints and sign "final" paperwork on June 14. Waiting for orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a car that is reliable and can carry 50-100 packages?   1 Answer
    • Will you show up to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasantville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Pleasantville, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Depending on when your name is called you could wait 2 hours + to be interviewed. They bring a lot of people in at once. The actual interview is about 10-15min long. They say Rural Carrier Associate are only guaranteed 1 day a week, but they work more than that. If you get in the post office don't lose the job. The pay is amazing.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been fired from a job.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you seen your co-workers Arguing.   1 Answer
    • How you handle working with difficult co-workers. Or somone i didn't like.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashport, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Nashport, OH).

Interview

Down to earth honest questions between the Post Master and myself. Explained all my job qualifications and experience. We talked about the job description in his office and he hired me because I knew the job.

Interview Questions

• If i remember correctly, he asked if I could handle driving 4 hours or more in all weather.   1 Answer

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2017.

Interview

Application to interview was fairly quick. Interview started in break room addressing some general requirements to weed out those truly not committed. Next was a one on one. I sat down and the interviewer was busy trying to do some other tasks. She then rummaged through some paperwork while asking questions from responses from a prepared questionnaire we were asked to fill out during the general requirements. I feel like she wanted to be anywhere other than interviewing me. I was asked 3-4 questions then told to wait for email for drug test if hired. The one on one portion of the interview took about 5 minutes tops.

As of the posting of this review I am still on the pre-hire list.

Interview Questions

• Can you work knowing that your job being complete is dependent upon others completing their task?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work one or two days a week   1 Answer
    • How far was the drive to the facility?   1 Answer
    • Are you military? Do you have copy of dd214?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Bristol, WI).

Interview

Employment test, one on one interview, drug test, fingerprinting, safety school, 4 hour driving test, a useless academy to attend for several days, orientation day... it takes a long time and had to visit several different cities but at least you get paid for some of it, even mileage.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any of the questions but it was not difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a postmaster. She was very nice. I was asked why I would be a great candidate for the position? My work history? What I was looking to get out of the position. The interview only lasted like ten minutes. There were like maybe 2 other questions but she kept it pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Marys, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Saint Marys, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

After I applied I took an assessment I passed it then I got an email with dates to take a test with a proctor. You have to take the second test within 3-4 day of taking the first test. The test with the proctor had checking addresses, filling out post office forms, and memory. I passed and got an interview within about 3 days. The postmaster said he picked the people with the rope 10 scores on the test that had a proctor. A passing score is a 70, I believe anything mid 80's and above are good scores.

Interview Questions

• If you go to a restaurant and order something and continuously wrong what you do? Would you keep sending it back or just eventually take whatever they give you?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle working outside in the elements?   1 Answer
    • Will you be able to be to work on time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Chicago, IL).

Interview

You will get selected to take a test at one of the testing centers. Youj must pass with a 70 or higher. After that you will get selected for the interview process for which there is a time and date. I met the Officer in charge and a postmaster for the office I applied for. They have a list of questions and you just have to answer them with common sense. Include customer service skills and your ability to work fast and diligently.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when your supervisor says one thing but a different supervisors says for you to do the opposite?   2 Answers