US Postal Service Rural Carrier Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service Rural Carrier Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at US Postal Service

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Basic interview. How would you solve problems outside your expertise? How do you solve problems. What are your expectations. Nothing fancy. Be interested. Ask about the job. Show some knowledge of your employer. Lots of info online.

You hear the phrase "going postal" now and then. You know what it means. I'll tell you right now, postal workers are some of the friendliest, most helpful I've ever known. They know you're not taking their job. I have never had a person not give me good advice - solicited or not - when I needed it.

Now this is a union environment. These people know the rules, and if so much as a hangnail is out of place or someone of lesser seniority gets OT, you'll know it, and hear about it. Often. Not a deal killer. Good to know the rules. They protect the USPS and the employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a situation you don't have an answer for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Oak Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Oak Harbor, WA).

Interview

Express your willingness to work hard, long hours. You should be willing to drive your own vehicle to deliver mail, right hand drive preferred. Know the streets in your town, know the codes mail carriers use (ANK = attempted not known, NSN = no such number, etc.). You should be flexible on the number of hours and days they ask you to work.

Interview Questions

• If I call you at 7:00 A.M. on your day off and need you to work, what will you say?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating with the Post Office.

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Rockford, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Involved process, long application online. Study for the #473 exam BEFORE you fill out your online app, because once you finish your app, you will get just a few days to take the test. Test is not something you can just take cold, get a book and get a system for remembering stuff, series of tests, the last test is the killer. Then, keep applying for other local locations in your area. Once you pass the test, you will get calls, a few weeks, then it is only 1 or 2 days a week at best. might be completely on call for 6 days. no guaranteed day. no benes. between 14-18$ an hour. It is hard work, and be prepared to use your own car. Must be able to sit in the middle and drive, no stick shifts or bulky consoles. The interviews are easy,but you are not the only one applying for the job so make an impression. then the drug test and background check. And then you wait. all communication for me was done online via email. Test score is instant email. If score is under 70 take it over. I am waiting for results of BG check.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult employees and customers   1 Answer

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2013.

Interview

Applied for the job online. It stated it was a full time position, and when I went for the interview it was not. After application, I went to take the battery. After a few days I recieved an email for an interview. The interview was very easy, in a conversation. I was just asked to rate myself on certain tasks, and was offered the job on the spot. I then started training, which took a few phases and a few weeks, and i start doing the actual job next week.

Negotiation

There is no negotiating salary.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Pass written test. submit your name for post offices in your area where you are willing to work. Interview may be with Postmaster and/or other interviewers. You may be required have more than one interview. Interview followed by physical and drug test. It takes about 3 monhts to get into the post office be patient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You do not negotiate when you are a union employee.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Dublin, VA).

Interview

I had to sign up for and take a Civil service exam. Four months later I was invited to a Group interview. They did Extensive background checks and a physical exam with drug screening.. It takes a lot of time to go through everything, several months. It can take longer depending on the area that you wish to work in.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the specific questions. It was a very conversational style. They went around the table having each person answer. They could only select from the top three scorers on the test out of ten people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a letter in the mail telling me I had been selected for the job.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call about 2 weeks later to go into the post office for initial interview. Postmaster was super nice and seemed very professional. I filled out alot of papers. He showed me around the post office and what I would be doing, "casing" the mail first, before I delivered it. He made me my appt time to go get my drug screen. I passed that. Got an email I had to sign regarding my background check. Passed that. I go Nov. 17th to the postal academy for training. I know I will only be a sub and the only day I am guaranteed is Saturdays, but the postmaster promised I would get more hours than that. I am really looking forward to it!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate or upset person along your route who is expecting mail and has not received it yet?   1 Answer

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

You go online to apply. You are then notified to when and where to take the test. After you get your results you will be notified when and where you are to go to an orientation/interview.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

Hi...I applied to several positions at the post office. I went to take the test and got at 83%. I live in new york but applied to positions in atlanta, ga. Based on the reviews i've read the email u pretty quickly. My question is being that i live in ny currently will the give me the opportunity to do an interview and training up here and in a few weeks transfer and work down there? Or will i just have to pick up and leave to go and do my interview and training down there?

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Mostly done through email and fax. Receive an email for pre-screening, then for interview, then drug test, and then employment offer. Training was over an hour away but was paid.

Negotiation

no negotiation