US Postal Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2018
1,825 Interview Reviews

1.9

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

came into the office and sat down with the recruiting companies 2 employees and there weren't any tough questions, just some background experience questions and i was basically hired. They were excited that I liked the location when no one else did.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was in interviewed for the position of city carrier assistant with the United States Postal Service. The interview went extremely well. The asked me about my previous jobs and how I would handle irate customers.

Interview Questions

• How would handle irate customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I sat through a room full of 30 people. They talked about CCA everyday job experience. They went over all our application paperwork all together in a group and then after one on one with one of the HR workers. Then finally is the one on one interview with the postmaster.

Interview Questions

• Can you deal with irratable customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Went fairly quickly. From applying online to being on the job, it took about 4 weeks. That included training classes that were spread out over two weeks. Drug test and background check is mandatory.

Interview Questions

• In my location they had group interviews of about 10 people. They mostly went over the job description, showed videos, filled out forms for HR and was informed of what may disqualify us for the position, eg. felony, drug use. There was no one-on-one interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Post office timeline for 2015 in Georgia. Here is my experience as a first time applicant:
    10/26- applied
    10/27- home assessment
    11/4- passed proctored assessment
    11/9- faxed background approval
    11/13- completed drug test & credit screening
    12/8- city carrier interview
    During this interview he said nothing to me and simply reviewed answers I provided on a paper application, I completed upon arrival.
    12/11- conditional offer received
    12/15- human resources paperwork
    12/28- first day of orientation
    All communications were via email.
    Everything was very meticulous and tedious! No rescheduling permitted.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime   1 Answer

CCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I got there and there were like 12 or more other people they took all of us and explained everything and gave out paperwork.Then you got interviewed by different people ,went to take some fingerprints.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied in late Nov.. after my inital application each week of decemeber I recieved another 1 or 2 emails, this was for the 473 test, background check, driving record check, drug test, then interview, lastly i was fingerprinted. Interview day was simple i got there early, but was lost finding the room, only to find that the first person in the room was the first interviewed. It went by seating. It was a fairly large room with interviewers around the walls. It start with a woman talking about what cca's are, we watched vids, and she answered question. In my opinion any interview you go to and they start telling you about the pay, and answering overtime pay questions, you pretty much have to just smile and accept the job. I wasnt really asked any questions it was more of a review of my resume and information previously filled out online. This was before the holidays and i was offered the job 2 weeks later.. fingerprinted the next week. And orientation was the next monday. You must pass the driving test in order to keep the job!

Interview Questions

• Have you done customer service before?   1 Answer
    • Did you have your license for more than 2 years, are you comfortable driving the two-ton?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meriden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Meriden, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. Reviewed info sent online and signed off that it was the truth. Then was told "you'll be worked like slaves, this is a no bullsh*t job". He reviewed the extreme conditions and said its not a job for everyone (understandable it's a climate related job in the Northeast). Also was warned the job has a 35% retention rate and to take that into consideration if I continue my application.

It also was explained that it's expected to get an 8 hour day work load done in 7.5 or faster. I could also be let go at any time during the probation period.

Anonymous Employee in Milan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Milan, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

First I sent in my resume and cover letter online. Then I took a personality test online. Then I was asked to take a test, which I barely passed. Then I had two interviews

Interview Questions

• They read the interview questions from a list. The same questions were asked at each interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

So basically my interview process took a little over a month. I applied in November 25 for a position in Brooklyn. I got a email 2 weeks later to consent to a drug test and back ground check. A little after a week later, I received a email to do a face to face interview. Please arrive early because there will be a line. Before the interview was conducted, it is about 50 people in the room and we fill out any missing information from our application. We watch a short film about the position. After that people was asked if they felt that the position wasn't for them, to leave. There was a panel of about 10 postal employees who conducted the interviews individually. The interviewer went over the position again and asked if you have any questions. Engage with yor interviewer. Try to relate to anything that can get the interviewer to open up more. Two days later, I got my email to accept or decline the offer.