Victoria's Secret Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2018
1,789 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Yonkers, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

My personal experience as a shopper at Victoria Secret and my background in Fashion spurred my desire to work for the Company.After receiving the call for the interview I was excited but I was very disappointed with the whole process of the interview We were all ushered into a small back room crammed with various objects with barley room to pull out a chair from this very old table. The Manager keep fumbling around trying to find each person's information which she had in different location in the room. Obviously very unorganized.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret in July 2013.

Interview

I applied through an online outlet, was contacted by the Regional Recruiter. Was asked about my current career/role and how it relates to the job being applied. This was about an hour conversation/interview, she then forwarded my information to the local recruiter for an additional interview. I then interviewed specifically over the phone with the local recruiter, questions related to merchandising, P&L etc. I was then asked to meet and interview with the District Manager. This all happened pretty fast, within a week, I then met and had an in person interview with the District Manager. About a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult if you have a background in retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually let them know what my bottom acceptable wage would be before leaving my current company, and they were able to offer me that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was very nice and smoothy. The interviewer was friendly. I got most of the questions in Glassdoor. The issue was that, during the interview process, I was not sure this is the job I wanted to do. So my expectation was showed in my answers with a gap from interviewer's.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about customer experience? How can we improve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was an internal promotion so there was not much of an interview process. It was all based on skills and talent which was specific to the volume band of the location. If there was an interview it would be with the district manager an possibly the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What would be my biggest contribution ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was recruited to work at Victoria's Secret while shopping there, and after working as an employee for a year I was offered an assistant manager position. After being in that position for 6 months I was promoted to a higher volume store.

Interview Questions

• Give a strength and a weakness about your character   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes and got a call from HR the next day with an offer. The district manager asked me about how many people I supervised and some situational questions. It was obvious she needed to fill a role in the store quickly that she did not meet me in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Aventura, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I walked into the store one in the late afternoon inquiring of a job in assistant management or specifically Assistant Store Manager of Selling at Victoria Secret in Aventura Mall since that was the position that was open. That is where I met Assistant Store Manager of Talent at Victoria Secret in Aventura Mall and pasted off my resume in addition to breifly giving her a run down of all of the places that I have worked and positions I have held over the years. Something must have caught her ear within my background of retail because she started questioning my visual merchandising background and if I had a portfolio that could be emailed; that is when I acted accordingly.

Beauty Manager at Victoria Secret Aventura Mall was also present where she provided me when Assistant Store Manager of Talent 's email via a picture taken from her phone which I thought was unprofessional because Robin did not even bother giving me her information directly herself in that regard. She did was me to meet up with Beauty Manager during the week; that is when she said she would be available the next day between 1-10p to where I agreed. I came to the store a quarter to 2p and asked to speak to Beauty Manager; that was when I was informed she was running "a little" late. Well, her shift was 1-10p, so I had been told, so that would mean she is already 45 minutes late. That's 45 minutes lost of prime business hours, floor coverage and management leadership during that period of time. Not to mention, my time if I had came 45 minutes earlier. Then she would have wasted two hours of my time instead of one where I had to come back.

When I did return to the store, Beauty Manager had me waiting more than 15 minutes on the floor to speak to her only for her to ask me, "Whataya got for me?" As if I am on her time and she just looks at me. Befuddled, I take out my resume and give it to her and she's like, "Great, I'll put it in Assistant Store Manager, Talent's box." That's it, she then walks me out but needless to say I was utterly confused and felt as though my time had been wasted driving 45 minutes in traffic to get there when all I could have been told was to email Robin my resume attached with my visual portfolio.

Fast forward, yesterday I called to explain the aforementioned and believe I spoke to General Manager at Victoria Secret Aventura Mall, who was very curt and surly with me in regards to my concernment and the way I was treated with my overall experience. She kept cutting my sentences short, berating me like child, asking me if I knew what today was? In this case, yesterday (it was memorial day) but I really don't care what day it is, that is not how you address a potential candidate especially one with feedback opportunity of your store. She said to call back tomorrow (or the next day) to speak with Assistant Store Manager, Talent which I agreed. I called and spoke with a manager on Duty I am assuming, whom did not give me her title and refused to give me her last name but informed me that some one would be in contact with me accordingly. Turns out, it was the General Manager at Victoria Secret Aventura Mall once again, the scathing woman putting me on a time sensitive phone conversation because, she had to be on a "conference call in 4 minutes" but (1) she called ME back and (2) you don't call me knowing you have to be on a conference call in a few minutes to discuss a complex matter regarding my store experience as a potential candidate of your store. I was explaining this to General Manager but she said that I was "in the wrong" and hung up in my face, I called the store back, where I spoke to the aforementioned manager on duty once again, to get information in regards to supervisors and also explain my overall experience and feedback of the unprofessionalism within that store. Once again, I was hung up on and had the police called on me.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter through email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went extremely well but a red flag rose when she asked me questions about being a male in this industry. I explained to her I currently work in a female-dominated industry now and working here would be no different.

I feel as if I was a woman, I would have moved forward because she even said she felt I was qualified for this position. Got an email a few days later with a generic rejection.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer with the product since you're a male?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter by phone, then with a store manager, week later a district manager, repeat calls to recruiter on next steps, reached out to a contact on the inside and got an interview with a different district manager. Great interview but have not heard back from anyone in over a week. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First contacted by recruiter after resume was forwarded. Next was a face to face with DM. I did well on that interview. Then it was a phone interview with Regional and HR manager. Then the waiting game started. Took almost a month before I got an offer. Through out the entire process the recruiter was great she stayed in touch telling me to be patient etc etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was easy she offered I countered and was met in the middle. My reference was never checked.