Victoria's Secret Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2018
1,827 Interview Reviews

2.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret in September 2017.

Interview

The process was over the phone., mostly via text message. The interviewer was in traffic and distracted. They seemed like they had other priorities more important. They should hire internal candidates, however it did not appear that this was their focus.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied for the position through and Indeed posting. A few days later, I got a text from the recruiter asking what would be a good time to connect. We set up a time for her to call. On the day of the call, she asked could she call 30 minutes after our scheduled time and I agreed. When she did call, she was super friendly and seemed excited to connect with me. We chatted about my work history and salary expectations. She then asked could I come in for a face to face interview with herself, the district manager, and the store manager of the store I applied to.

The day before the in person interview, she changed the initial location, which wasn’t a problem for for me. It was a great interview. Very formal, and not strict at all. We all shared personal life stories and I was asked the standard interview questions. The interview lasted for about 45-50 minutes. 2 days later, I got a call from the recruiter offering me the job. Overall, it was a great experience and fast!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Yonkers, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

My personal experience as a shopper at Victoria Secret and my background in Fashion spurred my desire to work for the Company.After receiving the call for the interview I was excited but I was very disappointed with the whole process of the interview We were all ushered into a small back room crammed with various objects with barley room to pull out a chair from this very old table. The Manager keep fumbling around trying to find each person's information which she had in different location in the room. Obviously very unorganized.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was recruited to work at Victoria's Secret while shopping there, and after working as an employee for a year I was offered an assistant manager position. After being in that position for 6 months I was promoted to a higher volume store.

Interview Questions

• Give a strength and a weakness about your character   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was an internal promotion so there was not much of an interview process. It was all based on skills and talent which was specific to the volume band of the location. If there was an interview it would be with the district manager an possibly the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What would be my biggest contribution ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was very nice and smoothy. The interviewer was friendly. I got most of the questions in Glassdoor. The issue was that, during the interview process, I was not sure this is the job I wanted to do. So my expectation was showed in my answers with a gap from interviewer's.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about customer experience? How can we improve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter by phone, then with a store manager, week later a district manager, repeat calls to recruiter on next steps, reached out to a contact on the inside and got an interview with a different district manager. Great interview but have not heard back from anyone in over a week. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First contacted by recruiter after resume was forwarded. Next was a face to face with DM. I did well on that interview. Then it was a phone interview with Regional and HR manager. Then the waiting game started. Took almost a month before I got an offer. Through out the entire process the recruiter was great she stayed in touch telling me to be patient etc etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was easy she offered I countered and was met in the middle. My reference was never checked.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes and got a call from HR the next day with an offer. The district manager asked me about how many people I supervised and some situational questions. It was obvious she needed to fill a role in the store quickly that she did not meet me in person.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter through email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went extremely well but a red flag rose when she asked me questions about being a male in this industry. I explained to her I currently work in a female-dominated industry now and working here would be no different.

I feel as if I was a woman, I would have moved forward because she even said she felt I was qualified for this position. Got an email a few days later with a generic rejection.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer with the product since you're a male?   1 Answer