Visionworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2018

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Applied for the job in person, turned in the application and received a call about a day later asking to come interview. Interview was easy, asked a few questions showed me around the lab. Recieved a call 2 days later, after drug test and background check, saying I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple two step process. Interview with GM of store, interview with Lab Tech Supervisor. First interview was to determine my work ethics, my personality, most of the generic questions. Second interview's soul goal was to determine my compatibility with the Lab Tech Supervisor since he was going to be my primary boss.

Interview Questions

• If I liked to work with my hands.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visionworks (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

First step is to apply online or to go in store and grab an application. When they are actively hiring, you should expect a call within 3 days. If they aren't currently hiring, expect a call a few months later asking if you are still interested in the position. A background check will be done as well as a drug test. The process will last maybe a week or two after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call wanting to set up an initial interview. That interview went well and I was told to come back on Friday to meet with the laboratory supervisor so that I'm able to get a better understanding of the lab technician role. When I walked in on Friday, the lady who interviewed me earlier in the week had an almost disgusted look on her face and asked me "Did someone call you?". I had to remind her that she told me just a few days earlier to come in on Friday to speak with the lab supervisor and then she recalled.. I spoke with the lab supervisor who was very knowledgable about his job and he showed me around the lab. He was really nice. After being offered the job a few days later, I signed a background check form and have as yet to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Hauppauge, NY).

Interview

Telephone & in person interview. All standard boiler plate stuff. Nothing unusual or unexpected except the animal question but the interviewer was clearly reading off a script and filling in boxes. Don't worry, they need you more than you need them.

Interview Questions

• What animal would you want to be if you could? :/   1 Answer

Negotiation

They claim "the union" will not allow negotiations but then you find out later they lied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Batavia, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Store Manager inquired about typical career plans. Took a test to demonstrate mathematically ability- simple. Asked simple retail questions and also needed to take a drug screening test afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What makes attracts you ti this job and why do you want to be an optician?   1 Answer

Was offered another similar job with a more approachable work environment .

Optician Interview

Interview

was briefed on a phone call on what was expected for me and was told to come in and have a sit down. Once arrived, the interview process went well and was straightforward. Answered questions from a sheet and the interviewer was friendly overall. I was made an offer right there and I accepted

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visionworks (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

The manager asked what I had done before, if I had any sales experience. I was asked why I left my last job. I was told that I would first be shadowing other associates on the floor, while I also trained. The training included video watching and a lot of worksheets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk River, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Elk River, MN).

Interview

I had an amazing interview. Decided if offered this fulltime job I would take it. Even with a pay cut. Very pleasant atmosphere. The interviewer was very comfortable to talk with. Easy to connect with.

Interview Questions

• With all my experience, what type of pay will you need?   1 Answer
    • They mentioned commission.   1 Answer
    • This position has been changed to part time because we will move from within to fill the fulltime.   1 Answer

Optometrist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process involved a linkedin message from the regional supervisor regarding new locations opening up in my area. I was directed to the application portal on the Visionworks website and was seen for an interview about one week after.

Interview Questions

• We are looking for someone who would fill the roll of the neighborhood eye doctor, is that someone you could see yourself as?   Answer Question