Visionworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Visionworks

2.2

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arundel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visionworks (Arundel, MD) in February 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview first.
    The 2nd interview was in person.
    The 3rd interview was a phone interview
    The 4th interview was a phone interview with the Regional Vice President
    The 5th interview was in the location that I will be managing and an offer was made and I accepted

Interview Questions

• How do you train an associate who is mot performing to their best potential   Answer Question
    • How do you collaborate with other managers   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the Human Resources Manager position in DFW. I reached out to the director of HR and she sent my resume to the recruiter. I spoke to the regional recruiter and she was extremely friendly and gave great info on how the company was growing.
    The HRM position is in the process of changing so she couldn't give too much info on that but it sounded the change was a positive one.
    The phone screening lasted about an hour and she advised it would be a few days before I would hear anything back.
    I received an email 4 days later saying they went with another candidate.
    I was pretty "heartbroken" because the company, team and position sounded perfect and one that I would like to be a part of.
    Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and professional. The future of Visionworks sounds exciting and I'll definitely keep my eye out for future opportunities.

Third Key Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had two interviews . The first interview took about a week to get and the second one took about two weeks to get. Both interviews went well and the managers were nice

Anonymous Employee in Hillside, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Hillside, IL).

Interview

On phone then in person. The asked if I can handle difficult customers, do simple math equations, and cash handling. Within days later after the in person interview, I was offered the part time position that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle difficult customers   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Plano, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face(manger), where I was offered a higher position (3rd key holder) based off my background, then I was told someone from HR would call, interview times and days changed multiple times, then another phone interview. I was told the first manger I spoke with would call me on a specific day, once again no call. I called and the manager seemed bothered that I called then she lied and told me she would call me back and that was weeks ago and still no answer.

Optometric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visionworks (Terre Haute, IN) in May 2019.

Interview

Sent in resume on linkedin, was immediately called in for an interview. At the interview, I sat down with GM and Sales Manager to go through basic interview questions about experience, availability, and interests

Interview Questions

• What do you know about eyecare?   1 Answer

Optometric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randallstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Randallstown, MD) in October 2018.

Interview

I went in for my interview and talked to the GM for over an hour. We talked about my previous work history. She asked me why I wanted to work in Optics. We also discussed ways of moving up through the company and how many of her former employees moved up to become a GM if their own stores. Over all great experience.

Od Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Denver, CO) in September 2018.

Interview

About 30 minutes mostly discuss background and potential role in the store. Hiring manager gave me an idea of what to expect if I were hired. They also had me discuss my life experiences and what I thought might prepare me for this role.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a fast paced position?   1 Answer
    • Was I accustomed to sales goals in my previous position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visionworks (Matthews, NC) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a relatively informal question and answer in the break room at my store and within a few minutes I had a job offer. A factor could be that they were looking for help immediately and the experiences listed on my resume didn't play a major factor in me getting the position. If your personality is bubbly and inviting, you're almost always going to get the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Pasadena, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

They’ll make you try to sell them some frames as a practice, overall I enjoyed both interview. They’ll ask you if you have an idea of how to sell or how to give the perfect customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• If you could see me a complete pair of glasses, how would you do it?   1 Answer