Visionworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visionworks Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

2.2

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

Applied on on-line. Recruiter (Jacob Rodriguez-Noll) reached out that day to schedule a Recruiter phone interview.

Was to be followed up with a VP phone interview and then in-person if selected to move to next round.

Interview Questions

• None. Jacob Rodriguez-Noll (Recruiter) spent the entire time speaking about himself, how he has an "in" with the President who comes by his desk and how he is able to tell him "like it is". Said he liked me and would submit me to his VP. Then ghosted. Totally whackadoo!   1 Answer

Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk River, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Elk River, MN).

Interview

I had an amazing interview. Decided if offered this fulltime job I would take it. Even with a pay cut. Very pleasant atmosphere. The interviewer was very comfortable to talk with. Easy to connect with.

Interview Questions

• With all my experience, what type of pay will you need?   1 Answer
    • They mentioned commission.   1 Answer
    • This position has been changed to part time because we will move from within to fill the fulltime.   1 Answer

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visionworks (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two interviews...pretty standard questions. Neither was overly formal or long. Each happened quickly. Each manager was very nice and friendly. More interested in making sure I would fit in.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customer dissatisfaction and conflict?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

The questions that were asked were pretty standard and what I was expecting. The only thing that bothered me was that they would not give me a straightforward answer when I asked about pay. By the time I made it to the third round of interviews, I asked if I could get a definite answer before committing to the next interview. He said he would find out and get back to me, and I never heard from them again.

OD Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Visionworks in October 2017.

Interview

There were minimal questions directed toward me. They seemed desperate to hire anyone who seemed remotely competent. Within minutes they were offering a job and having me fill out employment paperwork, yet they were unable to even tell me what the pay rate was. Also, they tried very hard to hire me on as a sales associate, rather than the position I applied for. I have absolutely no experience in sales.

Interview Questions

• How would you say your interactions with patients would be?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call wanting to set up an initial interview. That interview went well and I was told to come back on Friday to meet with the laboratory supervisor so that I'm able to get a better understanding of the lab technician role. When I walked in on Friday, the lady who interviewed me earlier in the week had an almost disgusted look on her face and asked me "Did someone call you?". I had to remind her that she told me just a few days earlier to come in on Friday to speak with the lab supervisor and then she recalled.. I spoke with the lab supervisor who was very knowledgable about his job and he showed me around the lab. He was really nice. After being offered the job a few days later, I signed a background check form and have as yet to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer   2 Answers

Ews Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Macon, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

The manager was very professional during the interview. When I asked a question she didn’t know the answer to, she was quick to get back with me with an answer.

Eyewear Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

I was brought in, spent about half an hour being interview, discussing past jobs, interests, and skills. I was made an offer a few days later, and started training after a week.

Interview Questions

• Why did this particular job interest me?   2 Answers
    • What strengths do I have that would help in this job?   2 Answers

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews which was nice since I knew they were trying to make sure I was qualified. I have never been on so many interviews for a job. It was worth it in the end.

Optical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions- dealing with customers.
    What would you do if....?
    Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry patient?
    Rate your ability to multi-task from 1-10, with 10 being the highest.