Waitrose Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waitrose Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in London, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

group interview before breaking off into a 1 on 1, team building exercises. they wanna see teamwork and confidence. Asked questions and had to stand infront of the group to answer the questions as well as working in small teams to complete tasks.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after completing the online tests, I was invited to attend an interview.
    First taken to a room and had to complete a form about details and availability etc. There were 12 people there and we got split into two groups and were taken into separate rooms to complete the group assessment. There were 3 managers in the room assessing us. The task itself was fairly easy; we were given 5 different customers all with different specifications/needs and we had to match the appropriate food item to each one. All about communicating with the group and talking about the decisions made.
    After that, we then went back into the main room with the other group and were called one by one for our individual interview. Again this was fairly easy, the woman interviewing me was really nice and friendly which helped calm my nerves. I was asked standard questions like "Describe a time/Give an example of ..." just make sure you have a lot of examples ready in your head.
    At the start of the process the recruiter said she would contact us within 20 to 25 days to say whether we got the job or not, but I received a call the next morning informing me that I had got the job! Overall I had a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Twofold interview process. The first interview was over the phone. The interviewer asked questions around my CV. The second interview was a group interview where we were required to perform a task which involved selling recipes to customers.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of...
      What do you recommend for my main course?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Group Interview followed by 1 to 1 interview.
    Group interview involved working in teams on typical supermarket day, and solving problems.
    Individual interview was more about logistics/ start dates/ uniform requirements. They explain more about the role in this part, and ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work extra days/ hours during busy periods?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I passed the online questions. In the actual interview but there was a group assessment and 1-1 interview. The assessment was quite simple just remember to talk or you won’t get assessed. 1-1 interview was quite intense as they asked questions that gets you really thinking.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)).

Interview

. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Short one to one interview followed by a group exercise. Group exercise involved creating an action plan based on the profiles of 6 Waitrose employees and matching them to certain daily activities. Presented plan at the end and questions were raised.

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Interview

Went through the online application process and the online test. Once the application is being successful, I got invited to take part in an interview.
    The interview process was separate into 2 parts.
    First, it was a group assessment. We were given 6 different type of products and 4 different customers. We had to match the product to what the customer needs and we need to justify why.
    After the group assessment, it was an 1-1 interview. The interview involved with a few questions and ended with filling in your availability sheet.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of two parts - one to one interview and a group interview. The group interview was completed first and involved 6 of us being asked to read information about a customer and match them with a particular product which would best suit their needs, I would really advise having a few options you could suggest per customer where possible, and make sure that you not only heard yourself but ask the others about what they feel, if the right decisions were made as a group etc. You have 5 minutes before you start the task as a groupBe open to listening to the people in your group for example, in our group, one candidate was so obsessed with the customer whose favourite product was discontinued (in this case it was a butterscotch cake) she automatically assumed the next item to offer him would be the butterscotch pastry and was very stuck on this answer, whereas she didn't consider the possibility that it could be the cake the customer actually wanted rather than butterscotch flavouring, and the idea of asking the customer what they actually wanted wasn't contemplated at all. Be familiar with Waitrose! ie, how in certain situations, they will give customers samples to try to generate repeat custom.

After the group task, the interviewer asked us about our answers, and then took us back to the initial waiting room where we were going to be interviewed 1-1. I was lucky in that I was called first and my interviewer was also the one who did the group assessment for the group interview which hopefully helped!
    The questions focused on Partner behaviours and along the lines of "Name a time when you made a mistake and how you resolved the problem? How did you ensure this didn't happen again?", "What does good customer service mean to you?" (He said my answer was as if I had the John Lewis Handbook on me haha)
    Overall it was a positive experience, all of the interview staff seemed to want to help and everyone to do well. I received a call 3 days after the interview offering me a position (they did mention it can take up to 10 days to get a response)

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

First I had a group interview then a 1 to 1 interview. The group interview was with 6/7 other people and we had to prioritise tasks and match the worker to the task. Just make sure you contribute.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have been told to do something differently   Answer Question