Waitrose Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waitrose Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Got an invitation for job interview and group assessment almost after a month. Had the personal interview first which lasted less than 20 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and they have general process of asking questions from a list on paper. It went smooth and it was easy. The group assessment included 4 of us and the included 2 exercises. the main purpose of this group exercise is to get involved in the activity and show some initiative as well as try to show problem solving. Correct answer does not matter.

Interview Questions

• General customer service questions, question about adapting to change, question about getting feedback, questions related to teamwork and interpersonal skills.   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Online application - straightforward competancy questions

Face to Face Interview - Talked about previous examples of working in teams, showing initiative. This part is easy as long as you think of examples beforehand and show how they make you a good candidate - the STAR format works well for this part.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Group assessment and individual interview.
    Had a scen ario which asked us to create a n action plan to how we would carry out all the different problems. They ask questions on your group's choices and you then have an individual interview with pretty standard stuff that you would expect. Helps if you know about the partner benefits as they talk to you about them at the end.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Godalming, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Godalming, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Straightforward 1:1 interview followed by group task. Very relaxed atmosphere the lady interviewing was very friendly and to the point. She explained exactly what the job would involve and what was required of me. After there was a group task with 3 other people that consisted of ordering the priority of customer complaints, and what we would do to rectify them. Again, was very relaxed and fairly straight forward. There was no right or wrong answer they just wanted to see how we interacted with others.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

The hiring process is easy. Group interview with about 12 people split in half. They give you a scenario and you have to put points across of what you would do. They then do a one to one interview with hiring managers of any locations in London

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Interesting and insightful. Invited to a group interview of about 8 people, mainly teenagers. We first paired up and got given some actual letters on laminated paper. We were told to find as many words as we can with these letters, plus work out the actual anagram, a bit like countdown. Obviously this is to see how well we worked as a team but its a good icebreaker. Normal interview questions will be given out such as "how have you demonstrated good customer service?" and they go round each person one by one. It's good to answer first to make sure you make a good impression. You will get asked the odd personal question like "Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?" - just answer honestly. The interview was actually quite relaxing, just make sure you're prepared with answers and if you can, wear a suit. Was invited to the second stage face-to-face interview which usually means you've got the job. I can't remember the questions but it felt more like a conversation about availability. I believe they ask you if you bite your nails, - answer NO! The manager was really nice.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose in March 2017.

Interview

A group interview where you are given a list of tasks to prioritise and each member is given a employees profile, as a group, you must discuss the order in which tasks will be conducted and allocate tasks to the employee profiles. A plan of action must be constructed and presented to employers. This is followed by a one to one interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Well first i received a brief phone call and they asked a few questions, then the next stage they invited for a group interview and was made to do a group task. Next there was a one to one with the manager.

Interview Questions

• An example of team work?
      What is customer service?
      Why do you want to work at Waitrose?
      Answer Question

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Interview

First group interview. Talk about yourself and what you are doing. Then they give you a scenario and how you would deal with it. I also had to do a group activity which involved cut up piece of paper and had to piece it together. Like a puzzle game. Thats all i can remeber. If sucessfull then you would be invited for final interview which the question i have listed below. Thats pretty much it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was 5 years ago. Now the head office recruits and before the branch itself use to recruit the people. Dont know how much the recruitment has changed now

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waitrose (Worcester, England (UK)).

Interview

Began with a 1:1 face to face interview which was fairly easy going and relaxed. Followed by a group task. There were 6 in my group and another 6 in a separate group on a different day. We were given various scenarios in a fictitional store & had to create an agreed action plan. It was ok but I found it difficult to take on board all the info in the 5 min reading time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you felt when you were told to do something differently.   Answer Question