Wawa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wawa Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.3

Interview

Apply online to a location of your choice. You can wait for someone to call you back but i didnt wait i called them the next day. The person i needed to speak with which is the assistant manager or general manager wasn't available. I left my name and number. They called me back and conducted an phone interview. Later that day i was called back for an interview at one of the store locations.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any hard or unexpected questions in the interview   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wawa in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then they told me to come in for an in person interview. It was quick and to the point, the manager was so nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy, I came in and signed a bunch of forms and was given my uniform!

College Graduate Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with Wawa employee. Laid back, conversational interview. Interviewer asked about the relation of past work/school/volunteer experience and how it can be translated into the work place. Gave insight into the business and its culture.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance in which you had to motivate the people around you.   Answer Question
    • How can you translate something you learned in the classroom to the work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wawa (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me & set up a phone interview, from there they called me in for a face-to-face interview and asked the basic questions. From there they called me the same day as my interview and let me know I gt the position at $10 an hour an was going to go in a couple days later to do the orienation. At that point they had all of my information and eventually did all my paperwork and I was hired and my uniform was ordered !

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wawa (New Castle, DE).

Interview

Hiring process was fairly easy. Hiring manager was very nice and helpful. You are required to be able to work weekends half of the time .. some of the questions you are asked in your interview make you think alittle hard but it's easy

Interview Questions

• What shift can you work?
      Can you work weekends?
      2 Answers

Customer Service Associate (CSA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wawa (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical interview questions. Management read questions from a paper. Then talked about the history of the company. The questions were easy and it felt very relaxed. Just be yourself and you will not have a problem getting hired.

Interview Questions

• If a fellow employee broke policy how would you let that affect your work.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview very positive indicated that as soon as a gm position in my area was avail I would be contacted . Received talent network emails of open positions . Did not rec call ? Just be honest if your not really interested. Why waste everyone's time ?

Interview Questions

• Can you work weekends and holidays   1 Answer

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (New York, NY).

Interview

it was fairly easy, general retail questions, i knew what to expect within the interview, they were very kind, i appreciate the company culture, i like the product, i was very fortunate enough to have an interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wawa (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Initially I applied online about an hour later I decided to call and asked if they were currently reviewing applications. The ASM answered and was amazingly nice and told me that she would be pulling applications the next day. I got a call the following day and scheduled a phone interview for Monday. The phone interview was really basic stating what the company has to offer and getting to know you better. After our conversation she scheduled me for a face to face interview the following weekend. It was conducted by the ASM and the BFM both were extremely nice and started asking simple personality questions. There were some customer based scenarios given and team work based scenarios to make sure your personality and goals aligned with their organizations goals. Four days later I got the call saying that they definitely wanted to hire me and to come in this Friday to get all the paperwork filled out!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake? Did you tell your manager? If so, how did you go about telling your manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Port Orange, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The reason why my interview did not take place for 2 weeks is because they had not started interviewing for the New Smyrna Beach location, opening in December, yet.
         I received an unexpected phone call from a Port Orange, FL WaWa associate named Devin regarding my recent application and asked if I had time to do a phone interview. As awkward as "Phone Interview" usually are, he was very pleasant and easy to talk to from the get go. I inquired about my employment history and and experience, current employer (Provided on my resume submitted online), my flexibility and availability for all shift-weekends-holiday and why I would like to be a part of the WaWa team. He ended conversation with a request for a face to face interview. (Length of time: 10min)
         The next day was the Face to Face interview where I arrived 10 minutes early in business casual attire. I was greeted by Devin from the previous days phone interview, he was very welcoming and carried a cheerful smile. He escorted me to a back room with a table and two gentleman sitting patiently. Seemed intimidating at first sight until I was greeted with more cheerful smiles and introductions. Come to find out...the two gentleman were actually my potential GM and AGM for the new WaWa location I was interviewing for. My GM (1.5yrs w/ WaWa), Danny, asked the professional questions referring to my employment history, education, availability, WaWa's background, values, benefits, room for advancement, positions and store hours. He also asked questions in regards to job specific scenarios. My AGM (2yrs w/ WaWa), Ian, asked questions that seemed personality based as well as workplace value and skill scenarios. After about 24 minutes into interview...it was over...but we continued to converse about our personal lives as if I'd know them for longer than those 24 minutes. I was informed that they would be interviewing 60+candidates...hiring 25...and will be in contact within two to thre days with their decision. (Length of time: 30min) Less then 24 hours later my GM called offering me a position with the WaWa family!
           I then had to go to same location as interview to complete my hire on paperwork via desktop and provide certain documents like DL, SSN, Direct deposit info etc and received my training schedule. (Length of time: 30min)
           Our NSB WaWa orientation is this Tuesday and I am so excited to get started. Even though I do have a full-time (3 days a week) job with another employer, I am super excited to start an additional adventure with WaWa.
           The interviews themselves were very laid back, comfortable and all around easy-peasy! Smile, make continuous eye contact, answer all questions honestly, Be yourself. Central Florida WaWa seems to have a significant interest in new hires that are hard working team players that can multi-task, cross train, are reliable/flexible and have exceptional customer service personalities and values.
             I am excited to be part of the WaWa NSB, FL team, Thank you Danny, Ian and Devin for allowing me to do just that!!
             I realize my interview review is extremely detailed...I just want to provide my personal experience with how professional yet comforting my hiring experience has been so far. I have read too many negative Nancy reviews, pros and cons and thought I would leave some inspiration for anyone interested in joining the WaWa family!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us if a time in your work experience where you had to handle multiple tasks going on all at once...How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell us of a time where you made sure a customer experience a satisfying experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you feel you would be an asset to our WaWa team.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you succeeded as part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you failed as part of a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A