KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

West Elm Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 121 of over 121 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

West Elm

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Elm in Jul 2022

Interview

Best interview ever. The GM Adam was very nice and laidback. It was more of a conservation and wanted to get to know more about myself as a person like what hobbies I am interested in and why. I have a degree in Apparel Design and Merchandising, so they asked what got me interested in that. I was told that you start out being a sales associate, but they have plenty of training videos that go more in-depth about the Designer position. Most of the interview was them talking about the position. What they are looking for is honest, reliable and genuine employees, They don't expect everyone to know everything which is nice.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about West Elm? Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in interiors and fashion?
    Answer Question

West Elm

Application

I interviewed at West Elm

Interview

Personable and creative. Initial Group interview which then turned to individual interviews after. They were drawn to your interaction with the other interviewees. They took time to get to know you during the interview which was nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about West Elm

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

works at

Accenture

I don’t know if this belongs in this bowl but dunno who else to ask - I’m about to upgrade my furniture for the first time ever and am going to buy a sectional, light gray or neutral. Love the mid century modern look + deep seat cushions. I don’t want to wait 6-9 weeks for a custom one like most of West Elm. Where should I buy?

33 Comments

Join the conversation on

West Elm

Application

I interviewed at West Elm

Interview

4 interviews in total - Phone interview with recruiter - In-person interview (pre-covid) with 3 separate people ranging management levels and cross-functional responsibilities. As it is an entry level role, the questions weren't too focused on my previous work experience. They were mostly trying to determine if I was a hard-worker and willing to learn.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think [my major in college] will help me in this role and future career?

West Elm

Application

I interviewed at West Elm

Interview

Quick and easy process. Might’ve been because I had a reference . Not sure what it entails, was told that I would be working in a warehouse/on set. I like the idea of being on set, was told it would be labor intensive since I would be moving, dissembling/assembling pieces

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

West Elm

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at West Elm in Sep 2021

Interview

Great company and culture. Leadership cares about retention and growth of their associates. Several layers of interviews, including peer. Must do your research for respective role and have a point of view.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

West Elm

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at West Elm

Interview

Pretty upset with the interview process at West Elm home office in Brooklyn. I understand that there are moving parts and things aren’t cut and dry, but the communication was horrible with HR and ultimately pretty rude. I worked on a project that took upwards of 40 hours to complete, and felt really confident in what was presented. I followed up (appropriately) after submitting with NO feedback whatsoever. If this is a reflection of the rest of the company, I’m almost relieved I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions
  • Complete a project based off of what is missing from the west elm collection
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Elm (Durham, NC) in Aug 2021

Interview

I had three interviews and completed an edit test. The third interviewer took a personal phone call during our Zoom interview. I received no response when I followed up, which felt wrong given I had completed an assignment in a timely manner and had multiple interviews. The way this interview process was handled reflects poorly on the company as a whole and unfortunately mirrors their customer service, which in my experience has been unresponsive and not so pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What companies in the home decor space are doing a good job of story telling
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Elm (New York, NY)

Interview

Overall: 2 Week Process Interview #1: Phone Call with VM Manager Interview #2: In Person with VM Manager and Store Managers (Walk About Showroom) Hired after Interview #2 Very straightforward and transparent (interview process) Flexible Schedule (upon hiring)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at West Elm (New York, NY) in Jun 2021

Interview

Traditional interview process. Evaluate your portfolio and your background in design. Not required to have any design experience - more of a sales job than a design job. The process was very standard.

Interview Questions
  • What is your background in design?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I interviewed at West Elm (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

First I applied online thru their West Elm website, then I got an email saying they were interested. We set up a zoom interview through the assistant of the manager and the interview didn't take too long, maybe 20 or 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Interviews

West Elm Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at West Elm according to 113 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 40.80%