Westgate Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Westgate Resorts

1.9

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westgate Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and manager called me 2 weeks later. I came in for the interview and met manager and his boss. I was offered the job when I was contacted by human resources about 3 weeks later. They set me up to take a drug test, which is a hair follicle test and after I passed that, a background test and got a gaming license, they called me in to fill out much paperwork and set me up for orientation. After orientation, I had to complete state title 31 testing and after that, I started work the next night.

Interview Questions

• How much money have you handled at one time? (Because they handle millions of dollars)   1 Answer

Middleware Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westgate Resorts in April 2012.

Interview

I took this interview from skype. The interview lasted for about half an hour. We talked about the projects I did before and what the expectations they have about this position. The manager who interviewed me was really nice .

Interview Questions

• What the project you've done in middleware development?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westgate Resorts (Orlando, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

you first have to take an exam for them to evaluate if you are capable of getting paid both by hour and commission or not. The exam is basic knowledge in math and reading; I don't think is necessary. Then you take a phone call, they ask you about customer service and give you different scenarios as to what would you do when a customer calls with a specific request. All they want to do is know how you sound through the phone since you will be selling through the phone. Then you meet with the manager that is recruiting and they will expect you to sell yourself. They'll ask you what is it that motivates you and what you want out of the job, experience, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I basically had to decide if I wanted to get paid full commission , or commission plus salary. I picked the second.

Interview

They didn't have my resume when I came in, so they just basically talked about how they need people to work for them and how desperate they were. They didn't ask me any questions and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you hang on for the ride until we get enough people? I swear it will get better.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure they have your resume.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westgate Resorts (Park City, UT).

Interview

The HR team is new and working hard to make things better, at least thats what they make you feel. I don't think they necessarily care about employees as people like they do about looking good to management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you used your best problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatlinburg, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Westgate Resorts (Gatlinburg, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

This was an internal transfer for me. It went smoothly. Normally, for an initial hire, there is a drug screen, there can be a physical for some positions, and it takes a week to two weeks to complete all steps for a new hire. It can occur in as little as 3 days under perfect circumstances, but rarely does.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle multiple tasks and prioritize as needed?   1 Answer

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westgate Resorts (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Really easy, the manager was very nice and asked me questions about my work ethic and how she likes things done and the way she wants the team to be as one.

Interview Questions

• A situation with a guest, how do you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westgate Resorts (Clermont, FL).

Interview

They are starting all the Learning Program from scratch. What they want is that you have the metrics that you measure clear, what LMS you have worked with PLUS expertise in e-learning. Also, that you have managed staff before. Bring a presentation of works you've done before and the outcome (ROI) I sensed they are more about the $$$ than the Learning itself.

Interview Questions

• What's been the project you've felt proudest of? Why?
      Did you bring any material??
      Have you managed a group of people before?
      Do you know how to work with LMS?
      What are the most important metrics you use for a project?   Answer Question

Summer Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westgate Resorts (Kissimmee, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

I interviewed at the westgate villas resort for a summer position. They were offering a couple of different positions and would ask which one i felt i was right for. The interview was done by two people, one of who kept coming and going. All in all the interview was very laid back and easy going, (almost too laid back and easy going to a point where it wasnt even that professional.) I thought I did good in the interview but two and half weeks later i havent gotten a call so I must not have.

Interview Questions

• name a time you handled an irrate customer and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westgate Resorts (Mesa, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

2o minute interview and email offer with lower starting hourly wage then advertised. No discussion of benefits and was interviewed right in front of resort guest. Did offer coffee, water or tea during interview.