WoodmenLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WoodmenLife Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Omaha, NE) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really simple. They ask about how you interact with people and how you feel you will do in a commission only job and if you would be successful in a position were you have little supervision.

Interview Questions

• Can you come up with 100 names of people you could speak to about insurance?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Focused mostly on what leads I would be able to generate from my personal circle of friends and family. Talked about my background briefly. Mostly concerned about how I could generate sales if I was to get no help or resources.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about talking to people you don't know about life insurance?   Answer Question

Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staunton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Staunton, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the Area Manager/Regional Sales Manager in her office and discussed the job opportunity. She reviewed the standard WoodmenLife contract and how representatives are compensated. She presented the training plan and the licensing requirements as well as how to prepare for them.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Mayfield, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

Very easy, contact the area manager. Woodmen is always looking for high caliber people who can bring business to the firm. Bring in a list of potential leads and you should have no problem getting hired if you can convince the hiring manager you're a motivated person.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Interview

Typical interview process is
    1. HR screening phone call (first-pass elimination)
    2. Hiring manager reviews the resumes that make it past HR
    3. Hiring manager selects the candidates to interview (HR sets up the interviews)
    4. Hiring manager interviews the candidates (2nd pass elimination) and decides which ones make it to the next stage (usually 3-5 candidates)
    5a. Candidate is asked to take the Emergenetics and/or Profile XT assessments to understand their behavior and thinking characteristics
    5b. Panel interview is conducted with A) position's peers, B) Hiring Manager's peers, C) Hiring Manager's superiors
    5c. Candidate may be asked to complete timed written assignment in office at the end of panel interviews
    6. Panels meet with Hiring Manager to provide input on which candidate is best
    7. Hiring Manager takes into account all inputs, intuition/gut feel, and assessment results and makes final decision
    8. HR extends offer and negotiation takes place on the offer (salary, etc)

Interview Questions

• HR is now moving to a behavior interview model, and uses canned questions from Lominger depending on which "competencies" the hiring manager thinks are important attributes in this role. Behavior questions are all "tell me about a time when you...handled a conflict/disagreed with supervisor/etc. etc."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Rockville, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Information provided by managers during the interview process was very selective. They only tell you what you need to know, when they want you to know it. Weeks or months later they tell you new information that would have been very helpful in making that decision whether or not to work for WoW.

Interview Questions

• You are told upfront that you are an independent contractor, not an employee. However Area/State managers still like to micromanage to the smallest details. They don't tell you that you are a captive agent until you have already invested a couple of months of time, money, and energy into getting licensed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very pleasant and agreeable in the interview/negotiation phase but play hardball when the contract is underway. Managers encourage competition rather than cooperation among the field reps.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was with a Area Manager, and took approximately 2 months. Met about every week and took a aptitude test to determine compatibility with position and knowledge of financial products.

Interview Questions

• Can you write down a list of 100 people you know?   1 Answer

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Office is very spacious and modern. Pepole were extremely friendly and gracious. I was able to navigate up to the proper floor and get in for my interview easily. While the interview was difficult at times, I did not feel I was losing points per-se for not having all the experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions specific to my technical knowledge of systems and development   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very understanding and willing to work to make me happy

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Louisville, KY) in March 2011.

Interview

You can contact an area manager or they might contact you but they will hire pretty much anyone because the turnover rate is so high

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Funds Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WoodmenLife (Omaha, NE) in January 2011.

Interview

Two step interview process with HR and department manager. Brief phone interview with HR rep, then a more in depth interview with HR at a later date. Interview with department manager was scheduled for the same day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker or customer.   Answer Question