inVentiv Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.9

Associate Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

I spoke to the recruiter on the phone in early Oct. for about 30-45 minutes. Then I spoke on the phone to the hiring manager for an hour. After that I spoke on the phone to someone at the Director level for an hour. After that, I was asked to come in for an all day interview. Before the interview I was asked to take an assessment. Once on site I took another assessment. I spoke to 4 people and to one person on the phone. It was a very long process.

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR questions. Tell me about a time when you received feedback you didn't like? etc,   Answer Question

Field Reimbursement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter letting me know I would be a good candidate for this position. Provided my resume and received a phone call the same day. Resume was forwarded to hiring manager and was invited for an in person interview and travel expenses were covered by the company.

Arrived at the hotel 9am in the morning. Interview was at 1pm. Final candidates get a second interview at 4pm. Unfortunately or fortunately I did not make the first cut.

The interviewer was not adequate to be interviewing for this position. It was a sales director that was interviewing for a Field Reimbursement Role. The position and skill sets were barely discussed by the interviewer. The interview felt like I had applied for a pharmacy sales position. Interviewer said I had 15 minutes to talk about myself. I brought a brag book (which was recommended by inVentiv Health with their interview tips/guide packet), the interviewer said "I don't want to be flipping through pages." At that moment I knew this was not going to be a productive interview, having hired plenty of employees in previous jobs.

Interviewer had informed me that the client is looking for people who had previous pharmaceutical sales experience, field reimbursement experience or working at a specialty pharmacy. None of this information was shared by the recruiter.

My background is from the BIOTECH HUB industry, where we are responsible for assisting offices in getting a specialty prescription covered and working through insurance hurdles. It seems like it would make sense that my previous history in medical/pharmacy reimbursement would be a great transition to a Field Reimbursement Manager role.

The interviewer informed me that most people they hire have had pharmacy sales experience and if I was to get the position I would be skipping a position. At that point of the interview I knew they were not looking for the right candidates for this position. They were looking for a rep with a sales mentality rather than a candidate with strong reimbursement knowledge. Interviewer said "I can see you doing really well in this position, but it all depends on the other candidates experience." Mind you, this same interviewer had a speech to a group of us before we broke out into one on one interviews. Interviewer mentioned that if a candidate who was previously hired with a good record is applying verse someone he just met for 1 hour, he will hire a previous employee every time. I understand this happens at every company, but this should not be said in front of a crowd out loud.

If the recruiter had mentioned to me in the beginning that they were looking for candidates with pharmacy sales experience, I would not have taken the interview. The interview required me to travel all day for a 1 hour amateur interview. I believe if I was interviewed by an adequate employer, this could have gone differently.

The interviewer was not even part of the program and was assisting with the interview process. This interview process came across as needing a minimum number interviews in order to make a final proposal to the cookie cutter employees they want.

I was definitely caught off guard of the unprofessional interview process from such a highly renowned company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (New York, NY).

Interview

My first experience interviewing was fine and I didn't an offer. The second time for a different role I was referred to a terrible HR person. She informed me that interviews would be set up for multiple roles as per the hiring manager's interest in my candidacy for multiple position. A week later when I didn't hear back I reached out to find out that she changed her mind

Interview Questions

• Case interviews, mini-presentation, behavioural based on STAR   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

I originally applied online. My best piece of advice: submit your resume to their website. The recruiters are very helpful and responsive. They were working with me for a few weeks, submitting me into different interviews. The process of one position took about 1-2 weeks. The recruiter emailed be about the position. I expressed interest. A phone interview with the recruiter was scheduled. Once I was screened, I was scheduled to meet the hiring manager the next week. Once we met, he decided to move me forward to the regional manager. Once we spoke on the phone and everything went well, I was offered a position. The managers were very friendly but professional and intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you're interested in Inventiv, and why we would be interested in hiring you?   1 Answer

Pharmceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Bozeman, MT) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in hotel conference room. Interviewers were laid back and pleasant, yet very professional at the same time. Lots of questions about past work experience, education, passions/interests, etc. Was a positive experience overall. First half of the interview lasted about 25-30 minutes and involved behavioral based questions. Last 20 minutes was opened up for candidate questions to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for behavioral based questions and know how to utilize the STAR formula. There were 3 or 4 "Tell me a time when", "Describe a situation in the past when", or "give me an example of" type of questions. Just be yourself, be positive, and be excited about the role. Dress professionally. Use good eye contact. Know about the company and the position you are applying for. Research the hiring manager(s) before the interview to learn a little bit about their backgrounds. Good luck!   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview followed 2 weeks later. One month between application to the actual interview. Was not given feedback from recruiter. Recruiter was unavailable and not helpful.

Reimbursement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via phone. Was asked a few questions, however, the recruiter did not seem fully knowledgeable about the position. The recruiter did not give time to answer the questions, but rushed the process. Also the recruiter did not use universal (standard) language of processing claims. He/She quickly got off the phone stating they have other positions that were not so specific, and will contact me. Never heard back.

When asked if the question was regarding a particular subject, the recruiter did not respond. The experience disappointed me because of the high standard the company has. Although my first impressions was not what I expected, I hope the company, overall, is a good place to work for.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

Waste of time. Recruiter was impossible to coordinate a time with, other companies I've interviewed with were graciously willing to schedule around my work schedule. Once we finally agreed on a time, she ended up calling me 30 minutes early, good thing I happened to take the afternoon off.

The interview was scattered and more than once my "lack of consulting experience" was pointed out so I asked her why she wanted to interview if my experience and answers weren't enough to demonstrate ability. She replied that "well since I'm in HR, I read resumes all day which is incredibly boring, so when I see a resume with a diverse/unique background, I'm curious, that's who I am I have to find out more before I move on." So.. U wasted my time to satisfy her curiosity when there was no intention of moving me in the process because my "lack of experience" was a enough of a deterrent I never heard back.

Maybe it's a great company to work for, but based on that one call I'm glad it didn't work out. One of the most unprofessional interviews I've ever experienced.

Medical Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Newark, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiters are thorough but do not do a good job with candidate care. For example, little to no follow up. As far interview prep prior to an interview...for get about it!

Interview Questions

• Base salary, why are you looking, clinical and therapeutic expertise, tell me a time when....the basics. Getting expenses paid took forever.   Answer Question

Grants Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was typical, but extremely pleasant and comfortable. Everyone I met with was professional and knowledgeable. The process was about one month and a few weeks before an offer. I accepted the offer based upon the hiring manager, who was delightful.

Interview Questions

• Experience questions, honestly I cannot remember exactly.   1 Answer