inVentiv Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

inVentiv Health Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

Waste of time. Recruiter was impossible to coordinate a time with, other companies I've interviewed with were graciously willing to schedule around my work schedule. Once we finally agreed on a time, she ended up calling me 30 minutes early, good thing I happened to take the afternoon off.

The interview was scattered and more than once my "lack of consulting experience" was pointed out so I asked her why she wanted to interview if my experience and answers weren't enough to demonstrate ability. She replied that "well since I'm in HR, I read resumes all day which is incredibly boring, so when I see a resume with a diverse/unique background, I'm curious, that's who I am I have to find out more before I move on." So.. U wasted my time to satisfy her curiosity when there was no intention of moving me in the process because my "lack of experience" was a enough of a deterrent I never heard back.

Maybe it's a great company to work for, but based on that one call I'm glad it didn't work out. One of the most unprofessional interviews I've ever experienced.

Grants Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was typical, but extremely pleasant and comfortable. Everyone I met with was professional and knowledgeable. The process was about one month and a few weeks before an offer. I accepted the offer based upon the hiring manager, who was delightful.

Interview Questions

• Experience questions, honestly I cannot remember exactly.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at inVentiv Health in April 2017.

Interview

We talked about my resume and went through what Inventiv Health does as a company. Typical STAR style interview.

Courtney was a great interviewer and kept everything very positive. Even when they decided to not move forward with me, the recruiter had a way to make you feel good about it.

Interview Questions

• While working in sales, how do you maintain a customer base?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

They asked basic technical questions and were friendly. They wanted to know if you'd fit in with the culture and get your work done. There were three interviews and a technical test before the offer.

Specialty Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was standard in form and incorporated the antiquated STAR format. I felt as if they were trying to check boxes rather than really dig deep and see if I possessed the appropriate tools, experience, and ability.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your gap in employment?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Process started with writing and power point tests with HR. Write a 1 page essay; pick 1 of 4 topics. Power point test requires you to recreate a slide that tests very basic ppt knowledge like creating a basic bar graph. It's a timed test in that HR contact emails you the prompts/files and you must email the files back within a certain time frame.

Interview schedule and actual interview day were completely different in the number of interviewers and timing.

Interview day included back to back interviews with people ranging from associate director to managing director. Also includes delivering 1 presentation about anything related to healthcare. You're told to make the slides beforehand. Audience for this is a surprise.

Most interviews were very conversational and didn't ask technical or behavioral questions. Just asked about past/current experience. Interviewers expected me to guide the interview by having me ask the questions.

Several red flags I noticed:
    - Culture and fit: I saw only 2 females in the entire office - 1 associate director and 1 admin (walked around pretending to look for bathroom). There were zero minorities in site. Very male WASP dominated. This is a very clear indication of culture here.
    - I asked every senior level interviewer about their goals and strategy for the next 1-3 years. Every person said they didn't have a plan. Sounds like they're just selling work to survive and hints at poor leadership.
    - All phones and logos used name of company prior to the acquisition (Campbell Alliance). When I asked about the merge, it was clear that the consulting group does not mingle with the larger Inventiv company. Consulting group is isolated from the rest of Inventiv and clearly don't leverage full set of resources at Inventiv.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in the pharmaceutical industry?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at inVentiv Health in October 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter. Then after review of my resume, two phone interviews were set up. Both interviews had two managers on them. InVentiv is the first CRO that I've worked for that drug tested.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked from home before?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

Came into the office for 2 hours, interviewed with about 6 people. It was very standard and they made the job sound more appealing than it was. The questions were straight forward and easy. Things like strengths and weaknesses, personality questions, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

They flew me into to Dallas and interviewed the next day.

After they told me that I can be fired even a day after getting hired my interest disappeared and I think they saw that. I left right after to the airport. Didn't even want a shoot at a second interview

Director of Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied, and then a few days later was contacted by a talent acquisition person, who explained they were conducting the search for the job on behalf of another company (Recro Pharma). This TA person then explained that I would be referred to a second TA person to move the process forward.

This second TA person contacted me and we set up a phone screen. Did the phone screen, during which the talent acquisition person gushed on and on about my incredible background and strong fit. We went over my background, and I explained my resume and experience in full, and then went through a thorough review of why I was the perfect fit for what the company was looking for based on the job description.

I thought I nailed it, and was certain to get an invite to interview in person. The TA person again gushed and said -- quote -- "I would be shocked if they didn't invite you in to interview."

Well, the TA person must have been shocked into complete silence, because despite my many, many follow-up notes and phone calls I heard nothing further from her and never did get that interview invite she swore was coming.

I then tried to contact the original referring TA person and explained my negative experience by email. The original TA person never got back to me either.

So, after six weeks, a dozen messages and three phone calls, I heard nothing back from Inventiv whatsoever. I don't know what Recro is paying Inventiv for this service, but it's obvious they are not earning their money if this is the way they treat candidates.

Needless to say, I will never pursue an opportunity with Inventiv ever again and I would recommend other highly-skilled candidates stay away too.