inVentiv Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2018

2.9

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and took 4 weeks process. They wanted to know if you'd fit in with the culture and get your work done. There were three interviews and a technical test before the offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic technical questions and behavioural type questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

Meet with three managers and speak to them about past experience and how it relates to this position. They asked if I was okay with working a contract position and explained the role. Total of about 2 hours of interview time.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that relates to this position   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Blue Springs, MO).

Interview

4 initial phone interviews nonface to face at all the 2 final phone interviews rediculous i had to talknto like 4 different people or 5 .. then i interviewed with the actual comoany the credentialing orocess took 2 months

Territory Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter then online video Hireview interview. Personality test and then flown out for the live panel interviews. Interviewed 3 candidates that day. No offer and no feedback from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest professional disappointment
      Why do you want to work for XYZ Co?
      Tell me about a time you had to give bad news to a customer
      Tell me about a time you had to gain someone’s confidence   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

I applied online and within one week scheduled a phone interview with the HR recruiter at Inventiv Health. The position was for a consultant role. The interview began normal, however took a turn for the worst when the recruiter's tone and attitude because very condescending. The recruiter became hostile towards me for not having the exact experience they were looking for and proceeded to ask me very vague questions about what daily metrics I have used in my past positions. I was unsure what she meant by this question so I asked her for an example. She ignored me and continued on to other questions. It was apparent to me that the recruiter had little knowledge of what the role entailed because when I asked her questions about it, she became annoyed. I wanted this call to end, so when I had chance to speak, I asked my last question regarding next steps. She responded by criticizing my ability to articulate what I did in my last role as a manager at a Biotech company. It is ok not to be a match for a certain role, but it is NOT ok to be speak the way she did to me(as I am sure I am not the first).

I am writing this review because I have never been spoken to or treated so poorly by a recruiter and I feel obligated to share this with anyone considering a position at this company. The recruiter was extremely unprofessional and I highly recommend avoiding this recruiter and the company.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview

The on campus interviews were both fit and case. The take home assignment was to create a small powerpoint deck over the weekend. Did not move on to the next step, which would have been in-office interviews, both fit and case again, with multiple interviewers.

Associate Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Cary, NC).

Interview

Spoke with with the recruiter for 30 minutes. She was very rude and unprofessional. When talking with her she even raised her voice several times. This was by far the most odd phone interview I have ever had ! She seemed frustrated and annoyed the entire interview although my experience aligned with the tasks of the position. This experience left a bad taste in my mouth, and I am seriously considering reaching out to management regarding this recruiters behavior. Her employment with Inventiv made me reconsider ever wanting to work for a company that would hire an employee such as her!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Difficult for no reason. Inventiv Health /SYNEOS is a high turnover services firm with a high-stress culture that has a smug and passive-aggressive Recruiting staff. It's just an indication of what's to come if you actually work in NY/NJ or Chicago.

Field Reimbursement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter letting me know I would be a good candidate for this position. Provided my resume and received a phone call the same day. Resume was forwarded to hiring manager and was invited for an in person interview and travel expenses were covered by the company.

Arrived at the hotel 9am in the morning. Interview was at 1pm. Final candidates get a second interview at 4pm. Unfortunately or fortunately I did not make the first cut.

The interviewer was not adequate to be interviewing for this position. It was a sales director that was interviewing for a Field Reimbursement Role. The position and skill sets were barely discussed by the interviewer. The interview felt like I had applied for a pharmacy sales position. Interviewer said I had 15 minutes to talk about myself. I brought a brag book (which was recommended by inVentiv Health with their interview tips/guide packet), the interviewer said "I don't want to be flipping through pages." At that moment I knew this was not going to be a productive interview, having hired plenty of employees in previous jobs.

Interviewer had informed me that the client is looking for people who had previous pharmaceutical sales experience, field reimbursement experience or working at a specialty pharmacy. None of this information was shared by the recruiter.

My background is from the BIOTECH HUB industry, where we are responsible for assisting offices in getting a specialty prescription covered and working through insurance hurdles. It seems like it would make sense that my previous history in medical/pharmacy reimbursement would be a great transition to a Field Reimbursement Manager role.

The interviewer informed me that most people they hire have had pharmacy sales experience and if I was to get the position I would be skipping a position. At that point of the interview I knew they were not looking for the right candidates for this position. They were looking for a rep with a sales mentality rather than a candidate with strong reimbursement knowledge. Interviewer said "I can see you doing really well in this position, but it all depends on the other candidates experience." Mind you, this same interviewer had a speech to a group of us before we broke out into one on one interviews. Interviewer mentioned that if a candidate who was previously hired with a good record is applying verse someone he just met for 1 hour, he will hire a previous employee every time. I understand this happens at every company, but this should not be said in front of a crowd out loud.

If the recruiter had mentioned to me in the beginning that they were looking for candidates with pharmacy sales experience, I would not have taken the interview. The interview required me to travel all day for a 1 hour amateur interview. I believe if I was interviewed by an adequate employer, this could have gone differently.

The interviewer was not even part of the program and was assisting with the interview process. This interview process came across as needing a minimum number interviews in order to make a final proposal to the cookie cutter employees they want.

I was definitely caught off guard of the unprofessional interview process from such a highly renowned company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at inVentiv Health (Somerset, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 3 back to back interviews. Took half a day out of my schedule to go to this company. I believe it's polite under such circumstance to call and notify status and the result, which I never received. Also,the recruiter was rude. Company seems to either be lacking values or disorganized. If you do go for an interview have low expectations and try and get reimbursed for attending.