Junior Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Junior Network Engineer Interview Questions

Junior network engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Have you ever used Wireshark to solve packet loss issues and what did you do to solve the problem?

1 Answer

Answered "yes" before I realized that packet loss was not the issue I was referring to; they definitely called me out on it.

Went through some networking fundamentals of data flow. Network engineer was very prepared and did a good job of testing the fundamentals. Did a little bit of simple BGP. Other than that, really not much else, and nothing too advanced.

1 Answer

I did a project during my college level.The recruiter asked questions relevant to my project.I answered to all my questions.

What are the troubleshooting steps of DNS server?

Most were straight forward. Questions on OSPF Area Backbone, DHCP, Subnetting were asked during the HR. During the interview with CTO, he was asking stuff about telnet and SSH, ARP and Routing table scenarios and also configuration of cisco routers/switches commands.

Show is how you handled a difficult issue with a customer.

1 Answer

About FPGA ( not related to the job role) and an aptitude test( 5th grade student can answer)

1 Answer

Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how you handled it.

1 Answer

Give an example of how you used your IT skills to improve something at your workplace.

110 of 17 Interview Questions