Junior Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Junior Network Engineer Interview Questions

Junior network engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Went through some networking fundamentals of data flow. Network engineer was very prepared and did a good job of testing the fundamentals. Did a little bit of simple BGP. Other than that, really not much else, and nothing too advanced.

1 Answer

Lots of questions on the fundamentals. Even though you know it (well, you SHOULD know it...), the fact that you probably haven't worked through TCP/IP fundamentals will definitely lead to some questions that will stump you momentarily.

Have you ever used Wireshark to solve packet loss issues and what did you do to solve the problem?

1 Answer

Most were straight forward. Questions on OSPF Area Backbone, DHCP, Subnetting were asked during the HR. During the interview with CTO, he was asking stuff about telnet and SSH, ARP and Routing table scenarios and also configuration of cisco routers/switches commands.

I did a project during my college level.The recruiter asked questions relevant to my project.I answered to all my questions.

Describe the network setup you have at home?

110 of 16 Interview Questions