Senior Android Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Android Engineer Interview Questions

Senior android engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

write a recursive function that solves the equation X[n] = X[n-1] + X[n-2] where X is an array that contains at least two integer values and the function should solve the question for the 3rd value in the array

2 Answers

I'm guessing a key element they want to see in your answer is that you realize there's a lot of recalculating the same values over and over in the recursion process, especially for large values of n. For example, x[5] = x[4] + x[3] x[4] = x[3] + x[2] x[3] = x[2] + x[1] x[2] = x[1] + x[0] x[1], x[0] are known x[1] is known x[2] = x[1] + x[0] x[1], x[0] are known x[3] = x[2] + x[1] x[2] = x[1] + x[0] x[1], x[0] are known x[1] is known If you cache a couple of values in the recursive function, you can improve performance significantly. You might also get some points for recognizing this can be used to generate the Fibonacci sequence.

yes its a fibonacci series problem solved using recursion and memoization, classic example of dynamic programming. without caching runtime is exponential.

Primarily they asked about my previous experience as a developer.

Design a client-server system for gathering mobile application metrics.

I guess these guys are looking for cheap candidates probably college grad , they could have spared me the hardship of sample app . Don't go for it unless you are trying to go to mobile market , total time waste.

1 Answer

Technical questions, I enjoyed talking to every single interviewer from premise data.

Don't remember any out of the ordinary or extra hard question. Stuff senior android dev must have a good command over. No "how many golf balls can you fit in a Boeing 747" questions though, which was nice

Question : given an input string like below, solve it and return the answer in string only. Input : String : "1+3*4-2" Output : string : "11"

Take-Home Challenge: Implement a simple Android app that meets the challenge specifications.

2 Answers