Netflix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.9

Manager Interview

Interview

I applied for a job on website and contacted by hr for 30 minute phone interview, then told me they are on a hiring hold but will keep my information.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Two days of interviews with dozens of people in groups and individually. It was grueling, sort of like a marathon. In fact, a marathon would have been easier, because not so much would be hanging in the balance.

Interview Questions

• A saying or quote that was meaningful to me and reflects my personality   Answer Question

Talent Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Did some digging on the team prior to the scheduled phone call with the hiring manager and realized that I had zero chance of moving past that initial screening as the entire team was made up of white sorority girls and I did not fit that image at all.

A month later I've learned that they hired some white kid. So basically if you aren't white you don't stand a chance. Their idea of making things "diverse" is throwing in a dude into the mix.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Very odd experience.

Netflix searched me out for this position, I did not apply myself. I was able to setup a phone screen with the hiring manager and that call went great. We even ran out of time. The hiring manager expressed interest in setting up several VC interviews.

A week later I finally heard from a recruiter to set that up. They needed ~3hours for the interviews, requiring some time off work.

I took that time off, and they cancelled the entire thing the day before because someone had accepted an offer for the position the week prior.

For them to reach out to me, express interest, ask me to set aside a large chunk of time for an interview loop - just to cancel seems a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• most questions were around company culture   1 Answer

Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Received an email from a Netflix recruiter requesting a phone call with me. Call happened the following week and went as expected... 30 mins, mostly resume questions. I was only given about 90 seconds to ask any questions I'd prepared, which shows how companies tend to think of interviews as one-sided affairs where the hiring side holds all of the control. The recruiter offered very positive feedback at the end of the call and said my experience and background matched up perfectly for the role. She then said I would hear back by the end of the week. 3+ weeks later I received an email saying that I wasn't a fit after all and thanked me for my time.

The reason I'd rate this as an overall negative experience is that a company that prides itself on having such an admirable culture should be able to set expectations that it can keep.

Content Planning Interview

Interview

After receiving an email from the recruiting coordinator, the entire process moved along very quickly. Since I was in NY, there were 2 phone interviews followed by 2 video interviews, meeting with various Managers of the team. After that, I was brought to LA for an in person meeting to meet with a few more team members and the head of the content group.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled to interview with Netflix and awaited my interview time. 10 minutes following what was set to be the start of my phone interview, I received an email requesting to reschedule. I promptly responded, sharing that the proposed time would work well. Ultimately I did not hear back following this email, but assumed the interview was set because it was the proposed time that the interviewer had requested.

On the reschedule date, I awaited a call that never came. I received an email the next day asking to reschedule again.

On the date of the second reschedule, I did receive a phone call from a different interviewer. The interview itself was rather loose- I was not asked any questions pertaining to my background, nor did I feel that the interviewer had any interest whatsoever in learning about my qualifications. The interviewer was unsure of what positions were even open within the Recruiting realm and promised to get back to me once she confirmed.

Within 1 week of the interview I received a disposition notice stating that I was no longer being considered for the open role (not sure which one as the Recruiter was unsure as to what was open).

Would not interview with Netflix again in the future based on lack of clear/defined process, lack of engagement in general and lack of consideration for my time as a potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions about my background, merely what I was targeting in a new role.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was with a total of 6 different people spanning a week. They varied between going into their new LA office and over the phone. After the last interview, they did not contact me for another week. After having to email numerous times my contact at Netflix they finally told me I didn't get the position and to stop emailing them. Overall, a very negative process.

Interview Questions

• What are the codecs that someone would see or use in Adobe Premiere.   Answer Question

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

First telephonic round with the HR and then 2 more telephonic rounds with the team members. They say they'll follow up but they don't. If you follow up after a long wait, the HR will ask you to be more patient. At the end when asked for a feedback they did not provide any stating that there was no time to follow up with the team members regarding the interview and then they end the interview process. Had a very bad experience interviewing them. Interviewers were pretty rude.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Applied online; then was contacted after 3 months. Had an initial phone screen, then an in-person interview. Good communication from recruiter; really nice office. In-person interview was with two people - one in the office and one over webcam.