Netflix Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 984 of over 984 interviews

Recruiter26%
Employee Referral14%
HardAverageEasy

Netflix

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Netflix

Interview

There was at least 5-10 rounds of interview with the team and cross functional. There was also an assignment that we had to do and present to a panel of 5-6 people.

Interview Questions
  • There were multiple questions in regards to the Netflix culture and values.
    Answer Question

Netflix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix

Interview

The HR team ghosted on me after saying they would reach out again either way. I participated in more than 3 calls, so I feel at least a rejection call or email is warranted, especially after saying they would be in touch.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of the projects you're most proud to have worked on?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Netflix

Join the conversation on

Tech

7m

works at

Netflix

I am forced to leave Netflix because they give false promises. I was an intern first and have been a FTE for a year now and have not gotten the comp changes I was promised. Since have seen many people come in entry level and get so much more than me but they are so much less equipped and worse than I was as an intern. Do they hate their own?

9 Comments

Tech

210.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Netflix~11891
Join the conversation on

Netflix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix

Interview

Wonderful experience. Felt that they asked a lot of questions that really made me think about why I wanted to work here. I was able to talk to a few people from all different job titles to give me an all encompassing feel for what working with the team would be.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Netflix

Application

I interviewed at Netflix

Interview

It started with an introductory phone interview. Then I had an interview over zoom. I finally came into the office and it was a great experience. It was difficult, but it was a great learning experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Netflix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix

Interview

Quick interview, basic questions, but it seemed like the recruiter was very disinterested & wasn't listening (repeated questions). They never got back to me, I would have at least liked a rejection confirmation.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Netflix

Application

I interviewed at Netflix

Interview

Detailed, lengthy and slightly repetitive. Hiring manager was incredibly helpful however. Overall a positive experience. Offer was conveyed prior to final interview, however changed after final interview. Five different interview stages, c. 12 total interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Netflix? How do you deal with conflict? What do you see happening in the streaming landscape?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in Apr 2022

Interview

Applied directly and recruiter responded after about a month. They had a video chat with me where it was clear they were screening for culture fit. This is absolutely a step where you could get disqualified - it's a part of the intervew. After the recruiter approved me they put me in touch with an internal "talent coordinator" or something like that who scheduled my meeting with the team manager. The 30 minute video screen with the manager was very pleasant. He mentioned that every manager at Netflix is pretty much given control over how they want to interview, so I would keep that in mind when you read other peoples reviews here...it really matters who you're interviewing with. He did say that the culture is not as cutthroat as a lot of people make it seem or even as their culture memo makes it seem. He did mention that they are still screening heavily for the "brilliant jerk" and trying to get them out of there. Generally, it seems like you will understand your performance, have a helping hand if any correction is needed, and really be set up for success. Autonomy is expected to an extent, but you have to get along with the team. You get fired if they missed a major fundamental in screening or if you don't get along, basically. It ended here for me before the tech interview despite really positive feedback. The manager just had people with extensive experiences in more niche areas, so he is going with them for now but mentioned he could quite likely circle back to me in the future. The manager did mention the 3rd phase would have been a shared coding exercise with one of his engineers but that it might be quite easy and to just start on it right away rather than overthinking it. For this particular manager, he said I should not expect a leetcode type of question and that generally most managers there are moving away from that. After that, which seems like it would have been easy, would be an on site screener with many different engineers. This again did not seem like it would be leetcode style questions but instead some pretty simple stuff to see how you communicate and work with others. I did get the impression that you would be screened reasonably heavily on systems design here, but again it was stressed that even at this stage this is to see how you handle feedback, how you work with others, how you communicate, etc. It was made very clear that this is a company that would be reasonably forgiving in technical interviews so long as they think you have what they need and can get along with the team.

Interview Questions
  • Hiring manager screener questions: Why Netflix? Tell me about what you are currently working on. Tell me about challenges java & scala have presented to you. Tell me about how you handle feedback and how you give feedback.
1 person found this interview helpful

Netflix

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Netflix

Interview

Comptez 6 à 9 entretiens. 3 entretiens RH, 3 entretiens avec des potentiels collaborateurs, 3 entretiens avec le leadership. Processus Exigeant mais bienveillant. Il faut bien connaitre le Culture Deck et être un professionnel de son secteur pour pouvoir prétendre au poste.

Interview Questions
  • Quelles sont les valeur de Netflix que vous appréciez le plus?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in Apr 2022

Interview

Applied online and had initial screening interview with the Recruiter a few weeks later. Followed by interviews with hiring manager, peers, and management of department. Received offer pretty soon after last interview.

Interview Questions
  • What did you think of Netflix culture deck? Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? How do you handle feedback? How do you handle conflict? What are areas you feel you need to grow?

Netflix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix

Interview

Assign you a project with requirements to complete prior to the interview. Based on the department and job needs, you have to complete in several steps and make sure follow the requirements. They get back to you usually take 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • If you are developing a tool for a production, what are some steps you will take.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 984 Interviews

Netflix Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Netflix as 44.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.97 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Senior Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Coordinator and Customer Service Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Netflix takes an average of 20 days when considering 990 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Coordinator roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 28 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Netflix according to 990 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 37.24%