Netflix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.9

Talent Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Did some digging on the team prior to the scheduled phone call with the hiring manager and realized that I had zero chance of moving past that initial screening as the entire team was made up of white sorority girls and I did not fit that image at all.

A month later I've learned that they hired some white kid. So basically if you aren't white you don't stand a chance. Their idea of making things "diverse" is throwing in a dude into the mix.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (New York, NY).

Interview

there was an online service then you get a callback you must keep your cool on the phone then you have an interview with a couple of people there they ask your opinions on certain things

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

I had about 5 phone screens, followed by a project and a full day of interviews with both researchers and their marketing team. Everyone I met from the research team was great but the marketing team was pretty scattered... most of them had no idea what my project was or that I had done it nor did they really ask me any poignant questions. The pluses of interviewing here were getting to visit the Netflix office (though honestly it is unimpressive compared to some other tech companies), some of the people who I met, and that it seems like they have great benefits/comp. The negatives were that some of the people I met on the marketing team weren't very impressive and that I literally had to meet with 10 people in 1 day, which was overwhelming. Ultimately they didn't choose me for the role and told me so in a brief voicemail, which seemed kind of unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Which countries have you conducted research in?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Netflix in August 2017.

Interview

The onsite interview was 5.5 hours long. I met with 7 people. There was lots of product oriented questions. It was an exhausting day. You can expect coding questions, product-sense questions, A/B testing, experimental design and metric design. Read the culture deck! Read the culture deck! Read the culture deck! Culture is everything at Netflix!

Interview Questions

• Given a month's worth of login data from Netflix such as account_id, device_id, and metadata concerning payments, how would you detect fraud? (identity theft, payment fraud, etc.)   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

The hiring manager is a huge part of the interview, almost every step of the way. I had one phone interview, followed by a skype interview, followed by a coffee at the office, and then a day at the office where I had four interviews back-to-back, each thirty minutes. One of the interviews on that in-office day was via google hangout. The person who arranged my interview was on the team I was applying for. She was friendly, punctual, and accessible even when she was not in the office. They move fast and the interviews are demanding and intense, likely reflective of the culture, which is great. Use your interviews as a chance to interview the company and its people yourself, and remain honest with yourself at every part of the process. Prepare 3-4 good, well-researched, thoughtful questions for each of your interviewers and don't be afraid to ask them. They're looking for the best of the best because they can, so make sure to remind yourself whenever you are nervous that it is just as much your decision as to whether you want to work there as it is theirs.

Interview Questions

• If a Hiring Manager is not returning your emails about a position, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA).

Interview

Week 0: Reached out by a technical recruiter;
    Week 1 or 2: Spoke with the hiring manager one week after;
    Week 3: Spoke with a senior data scientist over phone;
    Week 4 or 5: Onsite Technical Interview

Interview Questions

• VERY detailed machine learning questions
      and
      statistical modeling questions with an use case setting   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

phone interview. i applied just for the heck of it, it was something I wanted to pursue but had minimal experience in. I was totally underqualified for this position but they offered me a phone interview anyways. so obviously i sounded like i had no skills that would qualify me for the job, and the interviewer was using so much jargon that it was almost condescending. it makes me question their resume screening process. kind of a waste of time for both parties imo.

Interview Questions

• what experiences makes your qualified for this position.   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Phone interviews with the outside recruiter and then the hiring manager offsite. Then interviewed with a few people onsite. The other recruiter was the one that apparently made the decisions. He was bland and dry, and not very engaging. I was pretty high energy, but tried be reserved due to his lack of energy or even professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What systems have you used?   1 Answer
    • How many head count and requisitions are you used to working with?   1 Answer
    • They asked about a difficult hiring processes I had.   1 Answer
    • The recruiter asked many other questions, but never seemed engaged or interactive. he seemed like his did not want to be there.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter emailed me within a week to set up a phone screen with him. After that came two more phone screens with two managers. I was emailed soon after to come in for an in-person. This was with four people, the three I had already spoken with over the phone and one more person from the team. I was called two days later and informed they would not be moving on with my candidacy and was provided very helpful feedback. Overall it just wasn't a good culture fit. The entire process was streamlined and very organized and I was made aware of what my standing was every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you stood your ground even when it was unpopular.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a phone call from the recruiter. I have studied the Netflix cultures slides before. The recruiter asks me about what i have done and some questions about what i learnt from Netflix culture from the slides. That was all. Next day, i received an email saying i am not a good fit for the position! Without any contact with the team or any technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Just about Netflix culture. And why i want to join Netflix   Answer Question