Netflix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Interview Questions

Interviews at Netflix

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Applied online for a position that I matched perfectly for. Decided to try Netflix since they essentially pay cash. Talked with the hiring manager and got a good sense of what he wanted and we were on the same wavelength as I have solved the exact same problems he was going through. Was immediately granted a technical interview. Technical interview was basically showing a splice of his code with no explanation and told to improve it - basically, just guess what he wanted with no information. Perhaps the worst technical interviewer I have ever had this side of the one guy who didn't know what a perfect binary tree was.

Interview Questions

• Basically presented his own code from his own job bubble, based on an obscure Java feature, with virtually no explanation on what the code was. Basically this question was "how would you improve this" - "this" being a Java feature that hardly anyone knows and I was not prepped for, that contained 4 custom functions, with no documentation or class files to describe those functions. He basically assumed you could guess what functions could do by the name (which you couldn't). And clarifying questions were not clarifying. Questions were answered with "it's not like that" with no further explanation. Interviewer clearly lived in his own world and just expected you to know his code. He clearly never got trained on how to interview, and was quite amateurish. No one could have gotten this. I believe this job is still being advertised after a year....shocking! I lost all respect for Netflix after this interview. I think the recruiter basically knew that the interviewer was useless and said to contact her again if there's a better match. Yeah, I lost all respect for Netflix after this. I'll pass. Compare this with a Google or Facebook, where they got it down to a science.   Answer Question

payment ops Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

best interview, they were good people, there were no behavioral questions, They wanted to get to know who I was and brought up culture and how I exercise or plan to. They were really down to earth and organic. If you have any questions as them beforehand and make sure they are a good fit as well.

Interview Questions

• mostly background questions and previous experience
      some technical payment questions, they give real scenarios they are working on to get to see how you solve and puzzle around them   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process centers on a Recruiter pre-screening for Culture fit, 2nd round panelist in person interview between 4-5 different people within the department and partnering departments , 3rd round executive level interviews .

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to an employee, or had to have a difficult conversation with an employee.   Answer Question
    • What type of a leader would you consider yourself to be?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to solve a technical issue but had to explain the resolution to an executive.   Answer Question
    • Case studies- prepare for case studies in your subject area.   Answer Question
    • Study the culture memo, be prepared to ask questions, challenge it, examine where your weakness and strengths lie with respect to the Netflix values   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Interview

Applied online, Recruiter reached out to me,
    She was almost 15 (!) min late for our call and didn't even apologies.
    From the first second she seemed uninterested and was very short and rude.
    We went over my resume and she asked me some questions, my answers were to the point and my experience was very relevant.
    I did not move to the next stage, and I will never apply again, such a bad experience.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

HR reached out and had two phone screen. the first one asked about culture and behavioral type of problem and the second round focus on management experience. it seems like they really focus on their culture.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix in April 2020.

Interview

-First was a call with a recruiter where he went over the culture memo. In particular he wanted to make sure I read the "Dream Team" section. It's public if you're curious.

-Next I had a call with the hiring manager. She asked the same question in different ways on why I wanted to work at Netflix, I guess she really wanted me to sell why I wanted to work there. She asked technical questions like how do I test performance of my services and I explained we have a performance engineering team that tests every release and sends me the results but she was very critical of me not doing performance tests myself.

-Received an email from the recruiter saying they weren't moving forward in the interview process

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

On time . Easy to do. Virtual meeting. Great experience overall. Not much else to say really. Got information regarding the position as well as a rough time line as to when they would be needed.

Editor (Turkish ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (New York, NY).

Interview

Well I passed all the phases of first and second interviews although I do faced a discrimination due to my non EU passport.
    I got refused due to my citizenship which is even more weird because they're looking for a person who can speak Turkish fluently which is a non EU country.

Interview Questions

• Which passport do I hold ? Which was discriminative question in the interview   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netflix in March 2020.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through linkedin and scheduled a 30 min phone call.Couple of days later they scheduled a 45 min phone call with Hiring Manager. A couple of days later they asked to schedule six consecutive 30 min meetings with team members. About a week after the last interview they called me about a job offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Two phone interviews and then in person interview. The phone interviews were about 20 mins long and asked some basic questions. Definitely study up on the culture memo since they do refer to it quite a bit