SQL Database Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SQL Database Administrator Interview Questions

SQL database administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If I face a total systems failure, what would I do?

1 Answer

It would depend on exactly what the failure was (power, connectivity, server, storage, cloud). In some circumstances, I could fire off virtual instances to take the load, move the cloud to online resources, or put up notices that resource X was available at URL Y, but Resource Z was down.

Would I sign contract for training (30 months, 100% repayment, plus travel expenses, plus room, plus meals at 21% interest), payable for any reason for separation including laid off, job cut, budget cut.

1 Answer

None that I could not answer with conviction or clarification.

1 Answer

Backups,Restores,Performance tuning ,SQL Development questions, AWS experience, SP tuning, Index management, Partitioning, Always-on features, Covered all the areas of SQL.

1 Answer

simple questions more less technical questions

1 Answer

The most difficult question was about my weaknesses. However, I have learned how to handle that particular question. Other difficult questions were technical in nature. For example, questions about web servers and dot net applications.

1 Answer

basic sql dba related questions

1 Answer

Questions about backups and restores, also asked about tools I had used, some T-SQL questions as well

1 Answer

We have data that gets loaded once a week. With that in mind we have an application that clients enter search data in to and then SQL has to dynamically build a statement that has 25 different data points/relationships. It works fine, but takes upwards of 30 seconds to return the data to the client. You can not change the existing schema, but you can however add to it. Indexes are already present and optimized on all the different tables. What could you do to make this process much faster??

2 Answers