Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

9,268 Interview Reviews

2.7

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was very clear and interactive. I had a positive response.I had a very positive experience while working for this organization. I would encouragae people to apply in this company

Interview Questions

• They asked me technical question on Java, DBMS, SQL, Oracle, Unix. Also they have asked me behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Interview

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. I had applied to it through the campus commune page. When all the job postings inside the TCS were posted. Then I got accepted after the telephonice interview.

Interview Questions

• experience on lastest resume projects   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Was an phone interview - for 1 hour, followed by skype interview and then an interview with the hr. Simple behavioral questions and technical questions. Tell me about yourself etc...

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

They asked very specifically on everything on your resume. Requiring you to re-design a relational database based on his conditions. It is a technical first round and you need to pass the technical one to get into the next round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Met at a campus fair and set up an interview. Asked questions about object oriented programming and about my experience in programming and personal hobbies. Received a job offer after 2 weeks

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone screen asking if I was able to work in another area, other than the one I applied for because of COVID19. Went through a virtual whiteboard exam that consisted of several questions on the spot with a developer in my role. Several phone calls were made, but the service was not so good. I think it was an international call. On the 3rd or 4th call, I was arranged to a whiteboard exam with one of the company's developers.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One Recruiter call, one telephonic and one onsite round . Interview process was ok not so tough and also main point is you should be able to atleast talk something relevant to your profile. The interviewer is very cool and he gives tips during the interview and overall it went well and the recruiter basic phone screening will clarify more doubts about the positions as well.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about networking   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Gave 2 Skype interviews for different positions. After interview no reply at all. Looks like they doing something wrong. All staffing agency create new email every time for job application at TCS. Interviewers also seems like reading questions.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Naperville, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Got a call from Recruiter to schedule an onsite interview on weekend (Saturday, 29th February) at TCS office, Naperville, Illinois. It was a 3 hours drive from my home. So I Chose 1 PM for my interview slot. I reached there on time. HR took my resume and left. I remain seated for a Half an hour Then Got to know from another HR disorganized all the resumes of 100+ Candidates. There were some people who came there since morning like 9 am But they were not called up even for the first round. Luckily she called me. and I went for the interview. TCS Employees were taking the interview. All Employees were looking like an entry-level and not professional or senior level employee. The interviewer called me at his desk. Another candidate was giving an interview beside me. I guess he just ate his lunch and came because I could smell it when he started talking. he asked me basic questions like tell me about yourself and what did you do before. I gave my answers. Then he asked me some JAVA questions. I got shocked. I told him that I am here for a Data analyst interview and Python is the main skill for that as described in job description. So he said ok and then asked me about SQL questions mentioned below. I gave all the answers with explanations on it. Then after that he again asked me for JAVA question and I again explained him the same. He said that he is done with my interview on SQL and will send it to another Interviewer who will take my interview on python. I said ok and was waiting for the second call from HR. Then HR came and told me that you are done for the day. I was a bit surprised. I told her that I am here for an Initial Learning- data analyst interview but the first interviewer did not know that. so, he asked me to wait for another interviewer(Data analyst Team). She told me that, Previously they were thinking about the candidates with Python skills but today they changed it and they want only JAVA developers now. It was shocking for me because they did not inform anything to me before and decided on the spot. There were other people too who had the same situation and everyone got frustrated. It was my first onsite interview and was a horrible experience at TCS. I heard so many bad experiences with this company back in India but I did not know that I will face that here in the US too. I will never apply to TCS ever again. No professionalism, pathetic management, and nothing organized... I felt so bad because I wasted 6 hours on the drive for that Company Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Yourself
      What experience do you have?
      SQL Questions
      1. Explain Joins
      2. Write a query using Group By
      3. Drop, Delete and Truncate difference
      4. decode function in SQL server   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2020.

Interview

Campus recuiting.
    The HR called without taking an appointment to know more about visa and stuff.
    She fixed the interview with Tech team.
    The tech team was not calling on time and missed one day. They called me the next day(also late this time).

Interview Questions

• They asked basics ML questions and my preferred location.   Answer Question