Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
5,624 Interview Reviews

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Short and easy. Met with recruiter at career fair on campus, then had an interview the next day, A week later received a panel interview on phone, 2 weeks later received offer.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Fill a lot of papers, waiting in the room, and then be called by name. Resume checking and some question about your resume. No more tech questions and specific coding questions.

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Milford, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

General Screening -> Technical Interview -> Final Thoughts

First part was just to get a sense of what kind of person you are.
    The second round which was the technical was a lot of questions on the technologies you put on your resume.
    Finally they just wanted a background check and to see what your requirements were.

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Troy, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was supposed to be an in-person interview. I was contacted 4 separate times to verify I was coming to the interview. Was given a list of things to bring to the interview (2x resume 2x transcripts.) I arrived early and was given a packet to fill out requiring extensive background information (for example the name, address, phone number, and email of three different personal references) all of which I had entered previously online and did not know off the top of my head. I filled out the paperwork to the best of my ability and then was told that they were not interviewing for the job I applied to today. I had a printed out copy of the email that including the job posting and the request that I attend the interview, but I was told that the email was sent in error. In total, they wasted about 4 hours of my time.

Application

Interview

Couple of rounds as a part of Interview process. First round is aptitude and second round is face to face Interview where you will be asked technical questions. It pretty straight forward and simple. Just a normal Interview process as usual

Application

Interview

Only an Interview, nothing much. test for people with less than 7.5 GPA
    Simple questions, very straightforward.
    The decision was provided within a day. Was part of a mass recruitment. Training was help in the identified ILP centers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (West Lafayette, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about a position and upon finding out my major did not fit that position, forwarded my resume to another recruiter. The interview was a screening process to see how I would behave within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a team project you worked on in one of your classes. What challenges did you encounter while working with your teammate(s) on the project? How did you overcome them? What would you have done differently if you were to complete the same project today?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2017.

Interview

They asked some basic questions on some of the projects I had worked on in the past and asked to describe how they work. They then asked logic questions to test my critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum amount of pieces you can cut a pie into using only four straight cuts?   1 Answer

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2017.

Interview

I received an inmail on linkedin from an official TCS recruiter. I replied to all his questions in a timely fashion, however, received his delayed responses at 2-3 days gaps. I believe that he was not interested in the recruitment to begin with.
    Its been a week since his last response. Apparently, I've noticed that he had stopped replying once he learned, after a phone interview with me, that I am an F1 student and will be available to work on OPT.
    So, in conclusion, they are looking for GC and US citizens only.
    International students, don't bother wasting your time and patience on Indian companies in US as they have abused their power to H1B intake and can no longer sponsor you.
    Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for the walk-in interview?
      What is you work auth. status?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

In my case, the process contains 2 phone interviews, one from HR and one technical interview from an engineer. I was asked various questions in a broad field of engineer in the technical interview. They are not hard but definitely vast.

Interview Questions

• General knowledge of PIN manipulation on embedded board.   Answer Question