Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017
5,452 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Couple of rounds as a part of Interview process. First round is aptitude and second round is face to face Interview where you will be asked technical questions. It pretty straight forward and simple. Just a normal Interview process as usual

Application

Interview

Only an Interview, nothing much. test for people with less than 7.5 GPA
    Simple questions, very straightforward.
    The decision was provided within a day. Was part of a mass recruitment. Training was help in the identified ILP centers.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Emailed my resume to the recruiter and she arranged the interview the first time which she missed. She sent a reschedule email 3 days later which she also missed. She called after I emailed to apologize and said she would consider that call as my behavioral interview. technical interview was two days later and I was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• I don't even think I was asked any serious questions during both interviews. Both behavioral and technical asked me to talk about myself.   2 Answers

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2017.

Interview

I received an inmail on linkedin from an official TCS recruiter. I replied to all his questions in a timely fashion, however, received his delayed responses at 2-3 days gaps. I believe that he was not interested in the recruitment to begin with.
    Its been a week since his last response. Apparently, I've noticed that he had stopped replying once he learned, after a phone interview with me, that I am an F1 student and will be available to work on OPT.
    So, in conclusion, they are looking for GC and US citizens only.
    International students, don't bother wasting your time and patience on Indian companies in US as they have abused their power to H1B intake and can no longer sponsor you.
    Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for the walk-in interview?
      What is you work auth. status?
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (West Lafayette, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about a position and upon finding out my major did not fit that position, forwarded my resume to another recruiter. The interview was a screening process to see how I would behave within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a team project you worked on in one of your classes. What challenges did you encounter while working with your teammate(s) on the project? How did you overcome them? What would you have done differently if you were to complete the same project today?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was fair. TCS asked valid behavioral questions for the first phone interview and technical questions on the second one. Also very helpful with letting you know the upcoming steps for your process.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

it was campus interview and very friendly casual process . it was campus interview and very friendly casual process. it was campus interview and very friendly casual process. it was campus interview and very friendly casual process.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for a contract position through a contractor. A phone interview and a skype interview was done. Got the decision the next day. It was a smooth and hassle free process but there was no scheduled interview. The time for phone interview was not fixed. Skype interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What is a package in PL/SQL?   Answer Question
    • Write a query to find second highest salary.   Answer Question
    • Null Handling Functions in SQL and in Datastage   1 Answer
    • What is Decode Function?   Answer Question
    • Difference between grep and egrep.   Answer Question
    • I have duplicates in my source. How will i get unique entries in one file and duplicates in other file? Design a datastage job.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tacoma, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

This was part of a campus recruiting drive. I met with a recruiter on the career fair floor, scheduled an interview for the next day on the site, and waited 10 days for a response after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe SQL
      What are the main benefits of an object oriented language?
      Many questions about my role in past projects.
      Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Edison, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Face2Face interview, and was asked about mostly the questions were pretty much on most of the topics on my resume, got call back 2weeks later about the location change and set up a more technical round . HR got to me in days about the hiring process

Interview Questions

• mostly core java, spring, hibernate and databases   1 Answer