Pier 1 Imports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pier 1 Imports

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview was with the Store Manager and very informal. I applied in person by completing a paper application in the store. I believe they have moved to electronic in store applications now. Within a week I had an interview and was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about past retail and management experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Eugene, OR) in July 2011.

Interview

A simple, yet long interview that consisted of meeting other employees, 1 on 1 with the store manager and some role playing. Very nice people and a relaxed environment. The role playing consisted of a few basic scenarios: how would you coach an associate that is not offering the store credit card? what would you say to an associate that has repeatedly come to work out of dress code? Just be relaxed and prepared to role play! The pay seemed pretty low. around $14/hr with no overtime, however when you consider the overall volume of the store, it is on par with other retailers.

Interview Questions

• How would you coach an employee who has not been offering the in store credit card?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Applied online but must apply in store to get any kind of interview. Two phone interviews and one face to face.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2011.

Interview

I had a interview in person with the store manager, then went into phone interview with district manager. He proceeded to ask open ended questions, like when was the last time I have to deal with an unhappy customer and how I handled it, give an example of coaching an employee on their sales.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any question that was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I was promoted from with in, which means I only had to do a one on one interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What are my plans to ensure my store improves it's KPI Goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, didn't need to negotiation they offered me more than I expected.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in July 2013.

Interview

I had already worked for the company for two years when I applied for this posting. I interviewed twice, and never received a call back, even though I lived and worked locally and regularly communicated with the store manager. I never received a response to the messages I left, and only found out they had filled the position through word of mouth months later. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Interview

the Interview process was well planned and a great way to get a feel for the passion of the companey

Interview Questions

• there were many questions pertaining to previous experience in retail and what if situations   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

The questions are all from a script. Very basic questions that you would find at any other location. They didn't go very far off the script but seemed to like that I asked questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is too difficult, most questions are every day.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in October 2011.

Interview

first we started on the position and job description. what is expected. Goals we have had great questions asked as well as demonstration. gave a lot of details.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I met with a Store Manager who asked me a series of questions designed to determine my ability to diffuse workplace difficulties and customer service issues. How would I handle it if I saw a co-worker stealing for example. What would I do if a customer was dissatisfied with her service? Have I ever encountered an unhappy customer and what did I do to resolve the issue? I was then called back for a second interview with the District Manager who asked me similar questions and also took me on a tour of the shop, explaining what some of the terms were etc.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had an employee steal before was a difficult question.   1 Answer