Pier 1 Imports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pier 1 Imports Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.2

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Applied online. Interview in 5 days. Interviewed with store manager. They asked me to demonstrate my sales skills. Was told they will consider my application and get back with me in the next few days.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I applied and got a call back about 2-3 weeks after to schedule am interview. When I arrived for the interview, it was incredibly comfortable and informal. The hiring manager asked me a few questions and we just chatted like a normal conversation. I was offered the position on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Friday night, got a call Monday morning and my interview was the next day on Tuesday. I walked into the store, walked around until the Manager was able to interview me, it was a few minutes after our scheduled time, but they had gotten a very large shipment. The manager apologized about making me wait, even though it wasn't more than 5 minutes. The interview itself took about 30 minutes, it was a really easy and really relaxed interview! Just be yourself!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and received a call back in less than 2 days to come in the following day for an interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes where we spoke about my past experiences and what to look forward to if hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in January 2017.

Interview

Very thorough interview process... The recruiter had excellent follow up skills ...She called to advise that I didn't get the job .. Such nice gesture that's uncommon in the recruiting world .....

Interview Questions

• Scenario base :

Explain an Employee Relations issue
      Explain how to gain buy-in from leaders
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Hiring was an online assessment test. After completing you get called for an interview if you are liked you could possibly be offered the position on the spot. Simple questions not rocket science the questions are based on your assessment results.

Interview Questions

• What kinda of customer service situation have you been in?   Answer Question
    • How would you answer the question about how something looks even if you don't like it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I received a call the next day. I was in for an interview a couple of days after that. And got a call a day after the interview saying that wanted to hire me. The interview, in my opinion, had your standard interview questions. Overall, I would say the entire process, from start to finish, was easy and stress free.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength? Weakness? What are you hobbies?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I waited with several other people and had a 1:1 with a member of the management staff. Everyone was very professional and business like, although the atmosphere was not at all tense. Rather, it was relaxed. Other people dealt with were kind and professional as well.

Sales Leader Interview

Interview

Applied online and in store. The process took about 2 weeks. They called and set up an interview at a different location for a couple days later. The interview was super easy, you just have to be really positive and outgoing. Smile a lot. Was offered job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Stockton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online the process took 2-3 weeks. I got a call for an interview shortly after, i was interviewed with another girl and coincidentally it happened to be a friend I went to high school with! The interview was really relaxed and in a friendly atmosphere. I was asked the basic interview questions. The interview was very easy and the store manager was super friendly! I got a call on the 3rd week on a Sunday and started working on that Wednesday!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pier 1?   1 Answer