Database administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Database administrator Interview Questions

"Database administrators specialize in ensuring the safety of the client's data. Candidates should be well-versed in database design, security, and backup. Expect a technical-based interview that will test your ability to restore or find a file, manage databases, and increase the efficiency of a backup. Excellent organizational and communication skills will show that you are the right fit for maintaining the company's database."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Explain way to improve their current 15 hours database backup.

1 Answer

rman incremental backup

Write an efficient stored procedure to allocate unique integer ids.

1 Answer

There were a lot of questions in relation to the inner workings of the files and file groups.

6 Answers

In three interviews I did not get a single technical question.

2 Answers

We have data that gets loaded once a week. With that in mind we have an application that clients enter search data in to and then SQL has to dynamically build a statement that has 25 different data points/relationships. It works fine, but takes upwards of 30 seconds to return the data to the client. You can not change the existing schema, but you can however add to it. Indexes are already present and optimized on all the different tables. What could you do to make this process much faster??

2 Answers

How would you handle a difference of opinion between yours and a Senior technical member?

2 Answers

What was your worst mistake ever?

When can you start

2 Answers

How do you make a data pump export fit into a file system that is smaller that the dump file size ?

2 Answers

External tables. Can they have indexes

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

110 of 687 Interview Questions