KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.0
ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez
5,288 Ratings
Pros
  • "love the company, great benefits(in 500 reviews)

• "Love working here, good benefits(in 433 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours and very early meetings(in 151 reviews)

• "Upper Management is all over the place(in 150 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ADP and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

A great place to work

Jan 8, 2021 - Learning Professional
      Business Outlook

Pros

ADP cares about its employees. Throughout the COVID Crisis, they have done everything possible to retain employees, provide mental health support to those who are struggling, and even provided all associates additional financial bonuses to help them through this difficult time. I have been here for almost two years and it is truly one of the best corporations I’ve worked for. They offer a generous 401k match, focus on work life balance, and foster a diverse working environment.

Cons

Sometimes things can take a while to implement new ideas/strategies, but the time lag to get things done is on par with most major corporations

22 people found this review helpful

ADP Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and value the positive feedback you have shared about ADP's care for our associates. We look forward to many more years with us.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

N/A

Apr 23, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Establishing relationships with clients and providing useful solutions

Cons

Workers became overwhelmed with assignments.

ADP Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing from current associates and value the insights you have shared.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

ADP is a great place to work

Jul 24, 2021 - WFM Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the environment, the flexibility. The company is always communicating what we are doing, how we are doing and we are going. You have several opportunities to help your community, managers actually encourage you to learn and grow and want you to offer ideas to make things better. I feel like I am truly part of the company and not just working there. People can say they have a good job but ADP feels like more than that. I really enjoy working there.

Cons

WFM Managers, upper WFM managers are a revolving door. The core teams seem to stay but management is constantly changing and it gets exhausting learning new manager styles repeatedly as well as explaining how different business units work over and over.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jul 27, 2021 - District Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are cared for, Retention of existing employees is important, great benefits, inclusive leadership, competitive pay, exciting culture, lots of opportunity, large company that feels small, actually cares about customers and their experience

Cons

Other organizations of our size have unlimited vacation as part of their benefits package. - Hardly a con for us, but would be a wonderful addition to our already great benefits offering.

5. 4.0

It's what you make it

Jul 9, 2021 - Service Support Specialist in Augusta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth Constantly changing and trying new things Time to research solutions to issues

Cons

Role is not clearly defined Becomes a catch-all for things others don't know how to do or don't want to do New isn't always better and it takes a great deal of convincing to get things changed

3 people found this review helpful

ADP Response

Hello and thank you for providing your insight into your experience working for ADP. We appreciate your feedback and we would like to hear more about your specific situation so that we can review your concern completely. Please contact our Associate Relations team at 1-877-878-4811 or hr.associate.relations@adp.com

6. 5.0

ADP Retirement Services District Manager

Jul 26, 2021 - Retirement Services District Manager in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will be rewarded for the time and effort that you put into your sales role. Time off is largely performance based and if you are putting up numbers, your manager will largely let you live a flexible lifestyle. Brand name and leader in their space/industry which makes selling easier.

Cons

Sales for a publicly traded company will always be a "what have you done for me lately environment" because shareholders will always expect growth and a return on their investment. This can be draining over the long run because management is always expecting you to be performing at 100% effort.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Jul 28, 2021 - Team Leader in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of room for advancement as long as you know people.

Cons

The culture is shifting and people who do not know the right people are casualties.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Stable workplace to begin a career

Jun 25, 2021 - Technical Support Analyst in Parsippany, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Greater ADP offers a lot of resources to help you onboard and feel part of the team Good management makes it easier to stay in your role Opportunities everywhere to learn new products and advance tour career

Cons

Old school management style: if adp grew out of its old perceptions on how to maintain a work/life balance, it could be a great place to work in. Big companies suffer when they don't take care of their employees. Allowing sick people to work from home makes it easier on everyone else in the office, too much stigma about not being to make it into work. Employees don't call out because they're afraid of losing their job For hourly folks, 30 minute lunches isn't conducive to your mental health Sometimes it can be a numbers game over quality and clients suffer because of it

ADP Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your suggestions on how we can improve our associate experience are valuable to us and will be shared with our leadership teams.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Used to be a great company to work for

Jul 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Pay is good for the area. * There are several good associates. * Their OneADP location offices are state of the art.

Cons

* Poor management--promotions based on longevity rather than ability. * Limited work/life balance--although they constantly preach it. * Return to office was supposed to be voluntary--it has been forced instead. * They haven't adopted the Remote/Work From Home culture that all of their competitors have, so they've lost several great associates and will continue to do so. Most associates didn't want to return to the office. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. * Monetary prizes only for those with the covid shot. * You have to inform your current Manager before applying for another job with ADP. They should only be informed when a job offer has been made.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Very Busy all the time

Jul 26, 2021 - Director in Allentown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You never know what your next project will be except for your long term projects. This can be a lot of fun!

Cons

Having so many different projects running all at the same time can be difficult. Sometimes it can also be frustrating since you can't focus on just one thing at a time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12,137 Reviews