ADP Reviews | Glassdoor

Carlos A. Rodriguez
2,048 Ratings

4,698 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 163 reviews)

• No work life balance and hectic work schedule (in 49 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I absolutely love this company."

Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great structure! The company culture is phenomenal. You are welcomed, supported and appreciated for what you do. There are great benefits and flexible hours as well!

Cons

I literally can't think of any other than its extremely busy during year end so you can't go on vacation Nov-Feb

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I love that it's not micromanagement and that the managers check in constantly to see how I AM doing, not my work, but me. There's nothing but support from them!

Oct 5, 2016 – Project Specialist

Wow - thank you for this fantastic review :) - we couldn't agree more. Thanks for being a part of the team and bringing excellence everyday. #workhappy

"Your Job & Career is Solely Your Responsibility"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work Culture - professional and very smart associates
    Company - Good products (could be better with continued innovation) - very strong financials
    Senior Leadership XCOM and VP's - Very talented - leading company in great direction. Communicates to entire company - keeps you in the loop.

Cons

Please note this does not pertain to all - but Middle Management (Sr. Directors / Director level) - Does not like competition from below (no one smarter than they are). Not very knowledgeable - "fake-it-to-make-it" to get to that level. Promotions - lots of "shoulder tapping" - only promote people with like minds not based on skill or leadership potential. Performance Reviews - not important and compensation distributed to the ones they like. Outcome - eventually good people leave the company.

Advice to Management

Advice to Associates - If you are planning to stay at ADP for the long haul, take control of your career from the outset - early. Know what you need to do to get ahead, rely on as few people as possible. Take calculated career risks, work outside your scope, even relocate if necessary. It is important to always learn about the latest product and service offerings. Again, ADP is a great company it is worth the career investment.

Mar 24, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the evaluation of your time with ADP. You provide a lot of expertise and understanding of the ADP landscape and there is some valuable advice in here to current employees. Thanks again.

3. "A career at heart."

Pros

Amazing growth opportunity. Flexibility is amazing. Doors are always open with management.

Cons

Its like any corporate America job. Many obstacles. You have to learn how to overcome them. You will be compensated.

5. "DSM"

Current Employee - DSM in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - DSM in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good opportunity,compensation with uncapped commission, good team to work with, very good benefits, global opps, solid company AAA rated organization

Cons

Political environment, service issues, challenging to navigate for answers, no longer offering pension, vacation plan not on par with competition

6. "Former service manager"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership, competitive pay & benefits. Rewarding work helping clients. Great teamwork.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to list.

Advice to Management

Great vision and execution. Terrific company.

Mar 24, 2017 – Project Specialist

Awesome takeaways. Thank you!

7. "Senior Order Expeditor"

Current Employee - Senior Order Expeditor in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Order Expeditor in Allentown, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, career opportunities, different locations.

Cons

Long hours sitting and typing.

8. "Work life balance, rewarded for the work you put in!"

Current Employee - SBS District Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - SBS District Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance. Harder you work the more you get compensated and no caps. Opportunity to climb the ladder but see cons.

Cons

Usual politics in office. No guidance on other opportunities available outside of your current role or business unit. Corporate wise there is but not regionally.

Mar 24, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the analysis of your time with ADP Orlando. We appreciate the review and hope your journey with ADP continues.

"Laid off but still loyal to ADP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am one of the many former ADP associates laid off in recent years. Although my applications for re-employment have so far all been unsuccessful, I continue to remain loyal to ADP. I will never give up hoping to return to the company where I spent so many enjoyable years among many other long-time associates committed to ADP's continuing growth and excellence.

Cons

It bothers me to read about so many dissatisfied current associates. To them, I say you should resign your ADP positions already and go work someplace else you find more suitable. I, for one, would gladly return to ADP at minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Who is responsible for hiring all those dissatisfied current associates? Why not instead rehire your previous layoff selections? Those former associates already know the internal systems, products and terminology -- and they understand and accept the peak workload times, too! With a minimal adjustment period, the rehires would be back up to speed much faster than training an outsider from scratch.

To whoever writes the ADP Response on these reviews: Thanking comment posters is fine, but does not add much to the conversation. What ADP.com (ADP Staffing) really needs is an interactive message board, where applicants and current associates can exchange more detailed comments about the ADP everyday workplace, internal departmental structures, major staffing changes and general company news. As an outsider now, it is very difficult to find accurate detailed information, such as what ADP business units are operating at each office location and how those operations might change in the years ahead.

Mar 20, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the thoughtful review and your time with ADP as well as your expression of loyalty to ADP! It is refreshing to see such a review. As far as ADP office location insights - our ... More

10. "ADP is worldwide"

Former Employee - Human Resources Implementation Consultant in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Implementation Consultant in El Paso, TX

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ADP as a whole is a great company they are worldwide. There are great opportunities to travel, train, benefits, pay, atmosphere, coworkers.

Cons

The wrong manager at this company can make you want to resign faster than lightning. I work for this company for nine years 7 of these years I had a fantastic manager. Promoted into a different department the department in of itself great Department. The manager that I was fortunate enough to get was an absolute nightmare. Because of that manager I had to resign to stay and deal with absolute disrespectfulness was more than I could bear it made leaving the company easy because of this nightmare.

Advice to Management

Should have clear and unbiased conversations with employees of the teams. In many instances they are not spoken to they look at the overall teams results but do not take the time to understand the conditions in which they work and who they report to. It's important to get this direct feedback that is not immediately shared with a manager because you are putting them in the direct line of fire because they report to that manager. There's got to be better ways of being able to weed out these horrible managers.

11. "ADP- Associate District Manager"

I have been working at ADP full-time

Pros

- Great Training
    - Fast Paced
    - ADP gives employees ability to grow in the company quickly

Cons

In large cities, territory can either help or hurt.

Advice to Management

Great work!

Showing 4,698 of 4,867 reviews