ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, and then they bring you in for an 8 hour long unpaid day in the life scenario. After this, they interview you one more time. This was an unprofessional environment where vulgar language was thrown around constantly. Some weird and borderline inappropriate questions were asked, such as "We aren't even really hiring right now, why should I bring you on anyways?". Also, nobody can tell you why they work at ADP except "I like the money". Not once did I hear the company's vision or mission articulated by any of salespeople. Red flags all around. If you want to be another cog in the system, go be part of corporation. If you want to contribute to the world and something bigger than yourself, don't even bother with ADP.

Interview Questions

• We aren't even really hiring right now, so why should be bring you on?   1 Answer

May 14, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review. We apologize for the unfortunate experience and hope you will continue to keep ADP in mind as an employer of choice.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

It was very quick once I had been contacted for an interview. Within a few days I had my interview and a few hours later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle things under pressure   1 Answer

May 21, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone interview. The lady called 15 mins late. Then asked questions to which I answered, and then she responds with, "but why," to everything. It was the most ridiculous phone interview

Thanks for the insights.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The interview process was the easiest I had ever done , the process took 3 weeks. Although I thought I was the perfect candidate, adp thought differently. And I received a phone call after the oral panel stating that I was not moving forward which in all honesty disappointed me because I knew that I was well fit. Of course they tell you to apply to other jobs but I refuse as I will not be getting my hopes up again.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 21, 2018 – Manager

Sorry for the unfortunate experience. We hope you still consider ADP in the future.

Implementation Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The interview consisted of meeting with multiple hiring managers at separate times, back to back, totaling to around a two hour interview. The process felt long and questions were similar from each person. Wasn't so much of getting to know who they were interviewing, but intimidating the person who applied for the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that yielded a negative result and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

May 21, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review. We apologize for the negative experience and hope you will consider to pursue a career with ADP in the future.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied to the HR Advisor role and was not impressed with the recruiting process. Once they are interested in an interview, you will receive an automated email to schedule a phone screen, but you’re left guessing who it will be. I guessed it would be with the recruiter and I was correct. During the interview with the recruiter, she could not elaborate on the role. With a 4 page job description, the response was, “the manager can fill you in.” I wasn’t given the opportunity to discuss my experience. She just wanted to know my salary expectations and the call ended after 10-15 minutes. I was expecting a better candidate experience from ADP. I think the recruiting process needs an over haul.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 21, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review. We will share with our recruitment leaders.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was grueling. I believe I had 4 or 5 rounds of interviews. I felt as though I was interviewing for director.

I interviewed with leadership from inside and outside of the department I joined. I also interviewed with senior VP of HR and of the service organization. Had I not received the job offer, I would have been legitimately upset.

I applied for two leadership roles. The recruiter for each was fantastic to work with. The interviews themselves were a good opportunity for both parties to get to know each other and see if I was a fit. As it turns out, I was.

Even though the process was tough, I give them a positive review because everyone was courteous and pleasant throughout the process.

Don't forget to send thank you notes!

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 21, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience and welcome to the ADP team.

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Applied online, they don't take physical applications. I was then sent an online assessment, next was a simple interview process with the pharmacist and then a walk through of the pharmacy and meeting other techs.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 14, 2018 – Manager

Not sure if this review is for ADP as we don't have Pharmacy positions - but congratulations on your new career wherever it is :)

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

I went through a disorganized battery of interviews with different people in different areas. At one point, the job that I interviewed for in the new Norfolk, VA office was not going to exist in that office and then it was. I had one face to face interview in a Starbucks with one of the 6 different people I was set up with by HR for interviews. The human resources guy who was handling my case flubbed it up royally. After about 7 months of being set up to interview for other positions such as Project Manager, I was given an offer that I accepted. I actually signed the paperwork. Then the background check people started harassing me about my income as I was an independent contractor and had no company that employed me. Despite having clients that would vouch for me and my work, they insisted on seeing proof of what I was making. Someone came on this site earlier and claimed ADP did not ask for personal financial statements - including income tax returns - but that was not true for me. I can produce emails and names proving that I was asked repeatedly for a business license, paycheck stubs, tax returns or bank records - anything that would show what I had earned over the prior 5 years period of working independently. This was none of their business and quite unnecessary since I had accepted the offer BEFORE all this inquisition was started. I refuse to show ANYONE my tax returns. I have worked in the federal government and several Fortune 500 cop orations at 7 different jobs and not one has ever required this information to get a job. All of this "background check" came AFTER they had given me an offer of $75,000/year salary. My clients were never contacted for references so they were obviosuly not interested in verifying my work or what I was paid by these clients. The cowardly HR guy simply called me and said they were retracting the offer - he didn't even give a reason why in the 20 second phone call. I gave them feedback of the unprofessional nature of this situation and someone from ADP contacted me to follow up an what happened - an attorney or some sort is my guess. I an certain they were concerned with some legal action on my part as the situation looked dubious at best. DO NOT believe anyone who comments here to deny that I was asked for PERSONAL financial statements to prove my past income. They deny it because it sounds bad and they are doing damage control to avoid any possible accusations or bad publicity. This practice of insisting on prior salary and income data has recently become not permitted in some states. It should be illegal - not unlike asking someone about religion beliefs or personal life. I did nothing wrong, I have no criminal record, I did not lie on my application - yet I was given a job and then had to taken away because I refused
    I was quote disappointed in my experience with ADP. It was easily the worst that I have ever had and I regret the time and effort that I wasted in acquiring an job offer only to have to it unfairly and unethically taken back.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 23, 2018 – Manager

We’re sorry that your experience with ADP was unsatisfactory. Due to the nature of our business and the trust that our clients place in us to safeguard their employees’ highly confidential... More

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

An hour phone interview
    "3 hour" First round in house - turned out to be 5 hours, no lunch or breaks from 9AM - 2PM, HR/Talent Acq gave me the names and positions for the three people I would meet. I met 5 and didn't get to prepare for two of them.
    3 hour Second round in house - CAE could careless if I was in the room. Might have actually been working while "listening" to me.
    5 months later I get a call with a very low offer (nearly forgot about the interview). When I asked for a week to decide, the recruiter refused. It was only after I said, "Thank you, but I will be have to decline the offer", did he raise it $5k and give me a week to think about it.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 27, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for this review. We will share with our Talent Acquisition teams.