ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017
1,760 Interview Reviews

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP in October 2016.

Interview

1. (phone screening) Like many others who have posted on here about the interview process at ADP I have had an overall positive experience. I applied online through Indeed and received an email to set up a phone interview which I was well over prepared for because it was just someone from the talent team literally typing down what I was saying (I could hear typing in the background).

2. (online assessment) I guess I met some sort of requirement though because shortly after I received an email to do an online assessment.This was an interactive assessment and tested how fast you typed/reaction time to situations and simulated what the actual software you would be using as a Client Support Specialist looked like while you actually got to hear potential phone calls and customers.

3. (face to face group interview) Within 24 hours I was contacted again by the interview coordinator via phone to set up an actual face to face interview on site. I was thrilled to be contacted so quickly and received another email following the phone call with the interview information and also an attached document of what to expect for the interview. With that document as well as reading every single tip/interview questions on this site (DO YOUR HOMEWORK) I was well over prepared for the interview. From these comments on Glassdoor I think that it honestly depends on what location/who interviews you. My interview was with two managers and from the start it had a "lets have a conversation" vibe. The interview went incredibly well and I felt more than prepared because like I said, I over prepared. I was impressed with how much these two managers talked up ADP, obviously any manager would (hopefully) talk up the company they work for but I noticed that it was genuine and it was obvious they truly loved working there.

4. (30 min phone interview with director) Well I guess they liked me as well because again, 24 hours later I got an email to have another phone interview with the Director of client support. That interview also went JUST as great and seemed more of a "get to know you", "see if your personality fits with the culture of the company" type of thing . It has now been 2 and a half days since that last interview and I am eagerly awaiting a call to see if I got the job which I am crossing my fingers for because ADP seems like a fantastic place to work.

Current Status: awaiting an offer

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Project Specialist

Great review - thank you. We hope you receive an offer but if not thank you for applying and going through the interview process.

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This is an entry level sales role. Candidate will be asked questions on their interest in sales. Phone screen, 1 on 1, and presentation on content provided. It’s an enjoyable interview.

Implementation Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I happened across ADP by chance, but I'm really really glad I did! Not only was the interview process great, but the company culture is awesome too.Everyone I spoke with was incredibly nice. The process was quick and painless. Never really felt like I was being interviewed...more like a conversation. Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions

• What have you helped implement?   1 Answer

Client Support Specialist Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Applied in December and a few weeks later received a phone interview. After that a assessment and then another phone interview. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview and the hiring manager really liked me. I was moved on to the last interview which was a phone interview which as in February. I felt the phone interview went pretty good. I was told I would hear something within a week. A week past and I never heard anything so I email the recruiter and she said she had not heard anything yet. A few days later I email her again and she said they decided not to fill the position and to put the position on hold. This was a complete waste of time. I have never heard of a hiring process that took so long and then they end up not filling the position. A few weeks later I saw the job posting again and I email the recruiter and she said they had just posted the position but were not actually trying to fill it at the time. The whole process was terrible and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the transparency into your interview life cycle. We are sorry you did not get the position and your experience was negative. Please keep applying to ADP as certain roles continuously ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Hand an over the phone interview and an in person interview. Both interviews were pretty standard. If you really want to impress them know your information about the company before the interview.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and insight.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews: first a recruiter calls; phone call is 15 minutes, second someone from the hiring team calls; phone call is 1 hour and third VP of client services; phone call 30. minutes. Everyone I spoke to was pleasant the third and final interview was where I messed up, make sure you come loaded with questions.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the assessment and ratings of your interview experience.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone call within a few days. The phone interview was straight forward just asking questions and on the spot I was asked to meet with the VP of Sales. I had a great interview and felt I really connected with the VP and was moved forward to a third round of interviews. Once again felt I had a great interview and was told that the recruiter who I spoke to on the phone interview would be in touch to set up a ride along. A week went by without hearing so i gave her a call to which she told me I would hear back and even scheduled a time that she would contact me about the scheduling options for the ride along. She didn't call when she said she would so I called and left a message with no response. Followed up one more time a week later with no response. Not sure how this company works, but last time I checked its common decency to not string people along when they're deep into the interview process. I commuted an hour both ways for each interview I think the least they could have done was given me an answer as to what my status was. Pretty much a waste of time.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience. This is not a common practice at ADP and there should have been more clarity within the situation. Thank you for the review.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied through my campus/university, and I was called in for a two part interview. The first part was with two people (not sure of their roles), and the second part was with two software engineers. Both were similar in that they were behavioral, but the second was slightly more technical. The technical side was simply OOP, concepts, and data structures. Very simple.

The second interview (two weeks later) was onsite, and it started with a tour of the campus. This was really nice, and then I had an interview with, I believe, hiring manager. I was told about their technologies, what they're using. I think if this is what happens - they want you.

I recieved an offer the following day! I have to say that the ADP team was extremely helpful in the process, and they replied to all of my questions via email rather quickly.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the evaluation of your ADP interview experience and welcome to the ADP team!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

A simple process, basic questions on Java and SQL. They asked a few behavioral questions and a few questions on the projects completed. Though it was for a technical role, the questions were not technical at all.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had two separate projects with deadline on the same day?   Answer Question
    • Whats the one project(you've done so far) that you liked the most ? Elaborate.   Answer Question

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the account of your interview experience.

SBS District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I interviewed 4 times, starting with a phone interview, then f-t-f, meeting with all of the sales managers, and a ride-a-long. The different managers had very different styles, so of course I clicked better with some than the others - this certainly added to the pressure

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your assessment of the ADP Philly sales interview and welcome to ADP.