ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,195 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Payroll Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (El Paso, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview with general questions related to my education and experience. I had a second panel interview in perso with more specific questions. Expect questions related to working with different levels of the organization, team work, organizational skills and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your day?   1 Answer

Feb 19, 2018 – Manager

Thank you fro sharing your interview experience with us on Glassdoor.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA).

Interview

I got contacted by their recruiting director via email. Then, I had a brief phone conversation with the recruiter and set up an in-person interview. The interview at the facility was with three people.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

I went through a disorganized battery of interviews with different people in different areas. A one point the job I interviewed was not going to exist in the new office and then it was. I had one fact to face interview in a Starbucks with one of the 6 different people I went through interviews with. The human resources guy who was handling my case flubbed it up royally. After several months to being jerked around, I managed to get an offer anyway and they retracted it because I would not give them my personal tax returns and bank statements.

Feb 19, 2018 – Manager

Hello - We do not ask for bank statements within the interview process. This was perhaps a scam and you should visit https://jobs.adp.com/fraud-alert/ to make sure you are protected. We may ask for... More

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Maitland, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process for ADP is very long and tedious. After completing the online application I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took place a few days after and was about 30 minutes. The interviewer asked very general questions (tell me about a time....), went over the job description, etc. The same day I received two separate online assessments. One took about 10-15 minutes while the other took about 30-45 minutes. A day or two later I received an email saying they wanted to bring me in for an in person interview a week later. I was also sent an internal application to fill out, which took about 20 minutes. The in person interview took about an hour. The manager I met with was very nice. She went through the questions. Asked if I had any questions for her. I felt it went very well. She told me they'd follow up sometime early next week to let me know if I would be moving forward as there's a second round of interviews. I received a call about 4 days later stating I would not be moving forward because there were better qualified people. I really have no idea what they’re looking for. I gave excellent examples for every questions, I researched the company and knew facts when asked. Not to mention I have about 5 years of experience in extremely similar work. It's no wonder they always have Client Support Specialist listed as an opening. It sounds like they hardly ever move people forward. Extremely disappointing considering all the time you spend jumping through hoops.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped make a change at work.   Answer Question

Feb 19, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience and voyage. We appreciate the insights.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

There first was a phone interview that took around 30 minutes. After you had to take an assessment test were you wee basically answer customer services questions. Then, you get an email when you can come in with a person to person Interview.

Interview Questions

• How was your experience with a difficult customer? And how did you handle it   Answer Question

Feb 5, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview has 3 phases. 1 Phone interview with recruiter 2. Interview with VP of Sales 3. Interview with Management. They also said a possible 4th meeting to shadow someone or offer its a 3 week to a Month process so you must exercise patience

Interview Questions

• I had to do a Roll Play with a scenario that they provided   1 Answer

Feb 19, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience and welcome to the ADP team.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Columbus, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. Two interviews, one with the individual who runs the office and asks very standard and engaging interview questions and a second with a second tier management of the office.

Prior to the second interview, you will spend nine hours in a car with an established Sales Rep. This will consist of driving to their appointments throughout the day and shadowing their move. Following that you sit down and do a mock sales call and are then asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Here is a packet of information about a product you will sell and background information on the client. You have ten minutes to memorize it and prepare a presentation following their outline.   Answer Question

Feb 19, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing the interview and sales ride along experience.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview process took more than a month. Phone screening felt automated. Two recruiters reached out to me. The first recruiter was straight forward while the second recruiter was more friendly. Setting up the second interview with the hiring managers was a BIG struggle. They had to reschedule three times. The first time was due to time conflict with one of the hiring managers, second time the hiring managers were NO SHOW without an email or phone call letting me know it was cancelled. The lack of communication was completely unprofessional. The third time, only one of the hiring managers was able to conduct the interview. After a week later, the recruiter said that the position was put on hold and got an automated email. Overall, it was a very poor experience and a lot of wasted time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the time you had to work with difficult client?   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. We would like to know more about this negative experience, and if you feel comfortable, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.co so... More

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Very quick conversation when the interviewer realized that even with my current education time frame of 2013-2017 that I was not an entry level sales representative and could not offer anything. "Would refer my file to associates within APD to see if any opportunities exist. "

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jan 22, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review of the ADP interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone interview with a reciter, then a interview with VP of the region, then did a ride along with an employee to see a day in the life. Then received an offer roughly two days later.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jan 22, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team.