ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,080 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I have applied to multiple positions at ADP because of an employee referral and what I hear of the culture. Getting the first interview was easy but they went with another candidate (competition fierce in the Orlando market). They told me to continue applying because they liked me and thought I would be a good fit, but about 15+ applications later I keep getting rejected. It would be one thing if the feedback was negative, but in this case I keep getting positive feedback with nothing preventing me. I even reached out to the non-outsourced recruiter from ADP to see if there was something wrong, but have not received a response. I get the company doesn't owe any applicant anything, but being left in the dark about how the company really feels about you and continually being given the run-around was a little disheartening.

Interview Questions

• Most asked about past experience in a stressful environment and customer interactions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Had in-person interviews. They were nice, but I did not a get a great impression of the company. The environment did not seem thriving and the employees did not look so happy being there.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Interviewer was extremely rude to me. Felt less like I was being interviewed for my qualifications and more like I was being judged. I had graduated college the month prior and interviewer asked me why I did not yet have a job and what I should be doing to get a job.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience. Since the review is anonymous but deals with a situation of a sensitive nature that we would like to get more information on, please contact us at... More

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter over the phone. She stated whe would not and could not answer any question about the company. I asked her, As the recruited, what would you want new candidates and employees to know about ADP and culture? Her response, We are a great company and that is all I am goint to say. TWO THUMBS DOWN ADP, after those response I am not sure I want a call back for follow-up interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is confused about a process.   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience. If you have any additional insights you wish to share, please contact us at adp_talent_communty@adp.com

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (El Paso, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I received an e-mail the next day asking me to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was 20 minutes long, she went over my resume and asked two questions. The phone interview was on a friday and by tuesday a recruiter contacted me to set up a time for a face to face interview which happened on thursday. The face to face interview went really well, typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your previous job where you resolved a situation and inspired other teammates?   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome to the ADP family.

Payroll Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

So I applied on 10/25 and received an email to set up for a phone interview. I interviewed with the recruiter on 10/27. He said it would be for 30 mins but we were actually on the phone for about an hour. I don’t know if it was because my resume was long or what. He told me that I would hear something back in two weeks.

He called me again on Tuesday 11/3 to ask me again about a specific job due to the fact that it hadn’t saved in the the system during our hour long interview. He told me that it would in no way extend the time frame that he gave me of 1-2 weeks.

Here it is now 11/8 and I haven’t heard anything from anybody. 11/10 will make it the 2 weeks mark. I asked in the interview when the new training class started and he was unable to answer. He asked me what kind of pay was I seeking to receive and I said no lower than $22/HR. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Name some things that you’ve learned from your past jobs that have helped you   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact us adp_talent_community@adp.com if you have yet to hear back on your status.

Account Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

First and only interview so far was with a Recruiter via a phone screening. Interviewer was obviously reading from a script and did not give any impression she was interested in what I had to say as long as we got through the call very quickly

Interview Questions

• Was there a situation in which you did not win the sale and why?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The scheduling of the interview from the beginning to end moved in a good pace. The "Talent Recruiter" and the main line manager were very nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you are interacting with team member from outside or same group who refuses to accept your idea ?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Louisville, KY) in November 2017.

Interview

About 4 weeks long . Phone screen, in-person interview with hiring manager and team, and two additional phone interviews (upper management and HR). Everyone was great, however they ended up going with an internal candidate. In looking back, I was clearly part of the red-tape process and not really someone being considered. They needed someone to go the distance with an internal person in order to "check the box" that there was a valid comparison. The questions by the hiring manager weren't specific enough and she finished the interview promptly at the scheduled time - yet I was still moved forward with additional interviews. If I were truly considered it would have gone over the time and she would have asked more questions. Not very fair to take someone through a 4 week process just to fulfill a company policy. Unfortunately big companies do this. Well, they can have it.

Interview Questions

• What things do you do to encourage people and build relationships?   Answer Question

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Hiring process consisted of two phone interviews and two in person interviews. The last interview is a role play and is pretty awkward when your not trained on their products. They don't make it very clear on what they are looking for or give any direction besides a 1 page handout that tells you what business you are presenting to. I was told you have to touch down at the office to start the day and at the end of the day which is located in Lenexa.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review of your interview experience.