ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

An hour phone interview
    "3 hour" First round in house - turned out to be 5 hours, no lunch or breaks from 9AM - 2PM, HR/Talent Acq gave me the names and positions for the three people I would meet. I met 5 and didn't get to prepare for two of them.
    3 hour Second round in house - CAE could careless if I was in the room. Might have actually been working while "listening" to me.
    5 months later I get a call with a very low offer (nearly forgot about the interview). When I asked for a week to decide, the recruiter refused. It was only after I said, "Thank you, but I will be have to decline the offer", did he raise it $5k and give me a week to think about it.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Interview

Contacted for phone interview which lasted about 15-20 mins. Call was prompt and Hiring manager explained the job in detail. Set up follow up formal interview for the next day with 3 hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the position   1 Answer

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

I went through a disorganized battery of interviews with different people in different areas. At one point, the job that I interviewed for in the new Norfolk, VA office was not going to exist in that office and then it was. I had one face to face interview in a Starbucks with one of the 6 different people I was set up with by HR for interviews. The human resources guy who was handling my case flubbed it up royally. After about 7 months of being set up to interview for other positions such as Project Manager, I was given an offer that I accepted. I actually signed the paperwork. Then the background check people started harassing me about my income as I was an independent contractor and had no company that employed me. Despite having clients that would vouch for me and my work, they insisted on seeing proof of what I was making. Someone came on this site earlier and claimed ADP did not ask for personal financial statements - including income tax returns - but that was not true for me. I can produce emails and names proving that I was asked repeatedly for a business license, paycheck stubs, tax returns or bank records - anything that would show what I had earned over the prior 5 years period of working independently. This was none of their business and quite unnecessary since I had accepted the offer BEFORE all this inquisition was started. I refuse to show ANYONE my tax returns. I have worked in the federal government and several Fortune 500 cop orations at 7 different jobs and not one has ever required this information to get a job. All of this "background check" came AFTER they had given me an offer of $75,000/year salary. My clients were never contacted for references so they were obviosuly not interested in verifying my work or what I was paid by these clients. The cowardly HR guy simply called me and said they were retracting the offer - he didn't even give a reason why in the 20 second phone call. I gave them feedback of the unprofessional nature of this situation and someone from ADP contacted me to follow up an what happened - an attorney or some sort is my guess. I an certain they were concerned with some legal action on my part as the situation looked dubious at best. DO NOT believe anyone who comments here to deny that I was asked for PERSONAL financial statements to prove my past income. They deny it because it sounds bad and they are doing damage control to avoid any possible accusations or bad publicity. This practice of insisting on prior salary and income data has recently become not permitted in some states. It should be illegal - not unlike asking someone about religion beliefs or personal life. I did nothing wrong, I have no criminal record, I did not lie on my application - yet I was given a job and then had to taken away because I refused
    I was quote disappointed in my experience with ADP. It was easily the worst that I have ever had and I regret the time and effort that I wasted in acquiring an job offer only to have to it unfairly and unethically taken back.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 23, 2018 – Manager

We’re sorry that your experience with ADP was unsatisfactory. Due to the nature of our business and the trust that our clients place in us to safeguard their employees’ highly confidential... More

HCM Service Consultant I/Benefits, Payroll Or Time Support-1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Applied 03/16/18. Received an email inviting me to a phone interview 03/28/18. Spoke with the talent acquisition rep 04/02/2018. The phone call was mainly reviewing my resume & asked 2 STAR questions. Rep said if I was chosen to move forward, I would receive a test via email within a few days. I received an assessment test on 04/02/2018 evening. Test was very easy! Mainly about grammar. Haven’t received a call back or rejection letter as yet. Keeping my fingers crossed

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you resolved a issue while working in a group setting   Answer Question

Apr 23, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review of your interview experience and we wish you best of luck.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The process started with applying, a quick phone interview based on your resume and salary requirements. I was then sent links to take 2 assessments and a survey for the phone interview. I then received a phone call to schedule a face to face interview. This interview was three parts; the first two parts were two person interviews asking about skills and about your current role, typical behavioural and personality interviews. the last part of the interview you listened and critique a call and write a mock follow up email.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you dropped the ball and what was the result   Answer Question

Apr 23, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Glassdoor and welcome to the ADP team.

Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Long interview process - 4 rounds and still make you do apprenticeship. Had phone screening, in person, panel / field ride, and final. Management does a great job at selling the position.

Interview Questions

• Role play getting past the gatekeeper and setting an appt   Answer Question

Apr 16, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review of your interview experience and welcome to the ADP team!

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocoee, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Ocoee, FL).

Interview

Absolutely the worst experience. I asked if the salary is negotiable, the recruiter stated no and that was a conversation we should have had when we spoke.... um, what’s the problem with asking? Furthermore, I told them the starting salary for a large city is not enough for me to get out of bed in the morning, she said she didn’t appreciate the sarcasm, wasn’t sarcasm, just trying to be honest. Need less to say, if those are the recruiters you have at your company, I am glad to not be an employee.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 16, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the feedback on your interview experience.

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Applied online, then received email stating to update information adp. Had a phone interview lasted 30 minutes going over resume. Had 2 tests to do online. Then updated profile. Scheduled face to face 2 days later. Had call asking for salary preference. Don't know if I got it yet. But they made interview conversational and they were funny. I would say be very personable energetic. If you have great personality you should be fine.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 9, 2018 – Manager

Thanks for the review of your interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted from a staffing agency regarding a Payroll Specialist position. I had to get 2 interviews with the staffing agency before I got a phone interview. I spoke with an out of state hiring manager and we spoke about previous situations with companies I used to work at. She also asked me about my work history and what I know about their company. I got a call back 1 hr later for an in person interview. I met with the hiring manager and we only spoke about my work history. All smiles and I asked him questions about the culture. He said he liked me but needed a 2nd opinion so I had an interview with another manager. She was straight to the point. She never smiled, told me how stressful the position was, and no room for growth. I told her I love a challenge. After the interview, my recruiter wanted to follow up. Next day, I got a call stating I did not get the job because of my personality and not answering my behavioral questions correctly. I was not asked one behavioral question ("Tell me a time when"). The recruiter even expressed to me how this manager was and was upset because I was their number 1 candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ADP   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with three well dressed, well spoken managers from the Implementation, Time and Attendance, and General Ledger background in a standard conference room. They appreciate eye contact, correct posture, relevant experience or some familiarity with the products ADP offers, and repeating the question posed: "How I would interact with an angered client is..." to show that you understand the question. Be complementary, but also relatable. No one cares if you were the class president. What they do care about is that while the secretary, you organized and led and inspired growth/change...etc. with some quantifiable amount: "organized a charity race raising $1000 for cancer research and adding 50 families to our mailer".

Interview Questions

• "What questions do you have for us?"   1 Answer