ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,841 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any tricky questions. It was all (mostly) from my resume, which I knew like the back of my hand. Know everything you have on there and be ready to talk about it.   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP in October 2016.

Interview

1. (phone screening) Like many others who have posted on here about the interview process at ADP I have had an overall positive experience. I applied online through Indeed and received an email to set up a phone interview which I was well over prepared for because it was just someone from the talent team literally typing down what I was saying (I could hear typing in the background).

2. (online assessment) I guess I met some sort of requirement though because shortly after I received an email to do an online assessment.This was an interactive assessment and tested how fast you typed/reaction time to situations and simulated what the actual software you would be using as a Client Support Specialist looked like while you actually got to hear potential phone calls and customers.

3. (face to face group interview) Within 24 hours I was contacted again by the interview coordinator via phone to set up an actual face to face interview on site. I was thrilled to be contacted so quickly and received another email following the phone call with the interview information and also an attached document of what to expect for the interview. With that document as well as reading every single tip/interview questions on this site (DO YOUR HOMEWORK) I was well over prepared for the interview. From these comments on Glassdoor I think that it honestly depends on what location/who interviews you. My interview was with two managers and from the start it had a "lets have a conversation" vibe. The interview went incredibly well and I felt more than prepared because like I said, I over prepared. I was impressed with how much these two managers talked up ADP, obviously any manager would (hopefully) talk up the company they work for but I noticed that it was genuine and it was obvious they truly loved working there.

4. (30 min phone interview with director) Well I guess they liked me as well because again, 24 hours later I got an email to have another phone interview with the Director of client support. That interview also went JUST as great and seemed more of a "get to know you", "see if your personality fits with the culture of the company" type of thing . It has now been 2 and a half days since that last interview and I am eagerly awaiting a call to see if I got the job which I am crossing my fingers for because ADP seems like a fantastic place to work.

Current Status: awaiting an offer

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Project Specialist

Great review - thank you. We hope you receive an offer but if not thank you for applying and going through the interview process.

RPO Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I had three phone interviews and a brief assessment before offer extension. The whole process took a few weeks. It went smoothly and the communication was good throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to dealing with difficult hiring managers   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn who had apparently 'reviewed' my profile and found me to be a match. Scheduled a phone interview: the first question was to tell the recruiter more about myself and why I am interested in ADP. Two minutes into the conversation, the recruiter decides to ask me to target things more oriented towards my educational track, and hangs up- despite having 'reviewed' my profile and reaching out on their own. I never really write about such experiences, but I think their 'Review' process definitely needs improvement. For such a large organization dealing in HR, not so much with the professionalism yourselves, ADP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself and why you are interested in ADP.   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Hello - your interview brings up many questions for us as an HR organization and trying to improve our interview processes - if you could reach out to us with more details ... More

Director, Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA).

Interview

Extremely thorough and professional. The recruiter was friendly and informative keeping me up to date at every step of the process. The hiring manager shared his vision for the position and gave me ample opportunity to discuss how my experience would fit with the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background provides the necessary experience for this position.   Answer Question
    • Were you asked to substantiate the role of your team and how?   Answer Question
    • What method did you use to build a coaching program.   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the honest and clear review.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Standard process. Phone Screening followed by two interviews. The first interview is a face to face with a manager, and attempts to go through your information and background. The final interview is an entire day in the office, and then in the field, with the interview and mock sales meeting at the end.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled 24 hours after applying. A face-to-face interview was scheduled for the same week. The interview included a presentation consisting of why I would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Requested moving/sign on bonus and was told the salary would be increased to include the amount, but sign on bonuses weren't given in the department

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your positive review of the ADP experience and welcome to the ADP team :)

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Culver City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interview at the Culver City location. After reading all the pessimistic experiences and reviews on this site, I expected the worst of my interviewer. After the interview, I can say it has been the most comfortable and authentic interview I have been in. Not only did the interviewer who was the vice president of sales got to know about my professional experience, I also got to know his personal and professional background which is rare in an interview due to their position. I encourage interviewees to avoid negativity and focus on their personal experience rather than reading about other peoples' experiences. I made it through the next process and I will be shadowing a sales rep as part of the final interview.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I was approached through a recruiter through LinkedIn. After showing interest, I was invited to set up a phone interview via email. After the phone interview, I was invited to set up an in-person interview with the VP of Sales. The process was extremely fast, and the recruiter was very knowledgeable, helpful and efficient in terms of communication. In addition, she provided me links to prepare for the in-person interview and to learn more about the company and position that I was applying for. The in-person interview took place at the Irvine office, where I arrived 15-30 minutes early to my 12:30pm interview. However, the VP was on a phone call and was not interviewed until 12:50pm. While waiting in the lobby, another interviewee arrived for their appointment at 1pm. When it was time for the interview, the VP seemed extremely aggravated and stressed out, and apologized for the wait. However, the interview was the most unprofessional and most scarring interview I have had. He did not genuinely want to get to know me, yet was also not interested in my qualifications. He also went on about the fact that when he was job searching, he was always a top candidate and had 5 job offers before he decided to board with ADP. Throughout the interview, I felt like I was fighting to prove that I am the right person for the job. I understood that I was applying for a sales position, and I was to act as though the interview was a sales call and I was to “sell myself”, however he kept stating that I was saying everything he wanted to hear, but yet it wasn’t enough.

Interview Questions

• What other jobs are you applying for and what do they have in common?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here? What makes you qualified?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, something that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and insights from your interview experience. We will share with our HR Irvine teams.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Chandler, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

There were three people on a virtual interview with me. They asked questions about my former job and my time at ADP. They all asked questions in a round robin approach.

Sales Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP in May 2017.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. The first one made me feel very comfortable and just talked about the position as well as my resume. The second phone interview was a horrible experience. The interviewer talked down to me a lot and made me feel uncomfortable. He told me I did not have any relevant work experience even though I worked in sales for three years. He told me I would hear back the following week... I never heard back and had no intentions of following up. This interview made me discouraged to apply for more jobs because it made me feel not good enough for any job if I was not good enough for the lowest position in the company.

Interview Questions

• Talk about experience on your resume.   1 Answer

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and sorry for the negative experience. If you could reach out to us at adp_talent_community@adp.com with more details, it would be helpful for us to improve our recruitment ... More