ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,979 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

interview with 3 managers.Asked basic customer service questions. the interview lasted About 30 minutes.......nothing hard but serious cust service based questions. in the end asked if I has any questions for them

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the insightful review of your interview experience.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

In applying for the Client Support Specialist Position I had to first go through a phone interview. The interview was transcribed word for for word by the interviewer. After making it through that phase, I completed online personality assessments and an online work simulation excersise. After that, I was invited on site for a face to face interview with two hiring managers. The interview lasted about 80 minutes and I received positive feedback, and was invited to do another phone interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you went above and beyond to handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Sep 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your interview.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Several calls form a foreign call center for the same positions with the same questions. No one at the giant building could tell me where to go or who I was meeting. Security seemed annoyed I was bothering him.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and rating.

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Recruiter interview over the phone (they make this easy and want to help get you to the next step if you're a good fit), manager interview, meet the VP for another conversation, ride-along with current associate.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone screen followed by one on one interview followed by ride along followed by role playing followed by an interview with divisional Vice President. They kept in touch with me throughout the process but I felt the process was a little excessive for what really is an entry-level position.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Sales Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Went through a brief phones screen with a recruiter, basic questions reviewing my resume. Moved on to the next step where I met with the VP of sales, which again was primarily going over my resume and brief situational questions. Got invited to the "final" interview where I was asked to shadow a sales rep and then at the end of the day was supposed to do a role play with one of the managers. Got there at 9:00 am to shadow, got back to the office at around 3:30 pm. The sales rep went to grab the VP to tell him that we were back, he came and walked me out because he said that he had a conference call but that I would be hearing back from either him or the recruiter to schedule the role play portion. Reached out to the recruiter 4 days after via email asking her for clarification- no response. Called the next day- no response. 2 weeks later received a generic email saying they were moving on with other candidates. There was absolutely nothing I could have done wrong the final day as I was just shadowing so it was a complete waste of time and extremely unprofessional. I read other reviews on Glassdoor saying that this is how the company handles interviews and am extremely disappointed to find out that is the case. Would NEVER recommend this company.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are interested in your review to help improve our interview processes. Please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com if you can share any details so we... More

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career services and had an interview at school. Interviewer was friendly and whole experience was pretty laid back. i was unfortunately rejected and didn't have the opportunity to go on-site for a technical interview

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Project Specialist

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for the client support specialist position, but then applied for the team manager (client support) as well. I was quickly contacted regarding the client support specialist position. The phone interview was easy, as you could tell the person conducting the interview was reading off a sheet of paper. I was approved for the next step, completed the testing, and stood by for results. I was then contacted by talent acquisition to schedule a phone interview; I thought it was for the client support team manager position, but when I logged into the ADP site, an application for the client services team manager had been entered for me. I conducted the phone interview, and was contacted the next day regarding an in-person interview. The interview was brief (approximately 30 minutes), but started fifteen minutes late due to the interviewer being caught up in other matters. Five days later I was contacted via email by talent acquisition to let me know that I would not be moving forward in the selection process for the client services team manager position; however, I have not been contacted further regarding the two positions that I actually applied for, which has left me a bit frustrated with the whole process.

Associate Client Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview is a 30 min Telephone screening, then if you are selected to proceed to the next step- 2nd phase is a online test via email, then a face to face interview once you've passed that test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went over and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question
    • Give me 3 Characteristics of Great Customer Service?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

It went good. Initially called for phone screen then followed in person interview with basic technology questions. E try thing was simple questions and they Were very friendly . Whole process took less than one hour

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Project Specialist