ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ADP

2,970 Interview Reviews

2.9

Associate Recruiter Interview

Interview

The interview process was long, they will lead you on like crazy, then give absolutely no feedback if you are not hired. There is no variety in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you have failed?   1 Answer

May 18, 2020

Thank you for sharing your insights into the interview experience and we apologize that your experience was negative. We aim for a professional experience in every interview session. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I went through a phone screening for this position. She went over each role on my resume then went over each qualification for the job and asked if I had experience in it and how much. My interviewer also went over the typical questions like explaining different work scenarios you have been in

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 11, 2020

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP interview process. We appreciate your feedback.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone call
    Interview with Vp asking behavioral questions
    Ride along with a member of the team to see a day in the life
    And then the final interview with the vp again

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 11, 2020

Thank you for the review of your interview with ADP. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience and welcome you to the team. #WorkHappy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Ontario, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

1. Phone Screening 2. VP Sales Interview (Another Screening) 3. Virtual Ride Along (an hour with a current sales rep) & Same day Panel Interview followed by a Role Play Scenario. Overall it was a good interview however they definitely know what they are looking for. If you do not have a strong sales background you need to have an employee referral. They say the want people with carious backgrounds but they really want people with previous sales experience. I had a referral and even then I was not offered a position. Everything was done either on FaceTime or their version of Zoom due to COVID-19.

During my final panel interview/ role play I was prepared for a 45 minute time frame which was in the email however the manager leading the interview was rushing along and not very professional. Besides that it was a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 11, 2020

Thank you for sharing your insights and details into your interview experience and we apologize that this experience was negative. We aim for a professional experience in every interview session. We will share your feedback with our talent acquisition teams to better improve our process. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in May 2020.

Interview

Started with a short phone call with a recruiter, then a 30 minute long video chat with the VP of sales for the region, then an hour long roleplay interview, where you are expected to sell the ADP product.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 11, 2020

Thank you for sharing your review and rating of your interview with ADP on Glassdoor. We appreciate these insights into your experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

First interview went really well and the recruiter made me feel comfortable and at ease. She was encouraging and prepped me well for my second interview. I have had nothing but positive things to say.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 4, 2020

Thank you for sharing your review and rating of your interview with ADP on Glassdoor. We appreciate these insights into your experience and are so glad to hear that you had an amazing recruiter during the process.

Outside Sales Account Executive Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contracted a few days later. I had a 30 minute interview with the recruiter, she was very helpful. Next, I had a video interview with the location manager which lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 13, 2020

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP interview process with us on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

Never have I interviewed for an employer that led me down a hole of 5 interviews in the span of 2 weeks, to be told the position was filled. I literally did the final "all day interview" where you have two morning interviews then an afternoon presentation to then not get the offer. After requesting feedback, I spoke with the VP that said they filled the position DAYS AGO. I literally interviewed for a position that WAS FILLED. Who does that?

Interview Questions

• Why ADP? Tell me about yourself? How does your pas experience relate to our products and services?   Answer Question

May 18, 2020

We are sorry to hear that your experience was negative and apologize as we aim for a professional experience in every interview session. We will share your feedback with our talent acquisition teams to better improve our process for candidates. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in April 2020.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and had a phone screen with him. Then had an interview with the VP of sales. Then I had to cut out a two-hour block to have three thirty-minute interviews with three separate managers. The final half-hour was a conversation with someone with the job title I was applying for. The last interview was a role play with the same three hiring managers.

Nice and all but they led me on a lot. They made me wait a while to hear back too. Said this job has a lot of turnover which was concerning to me.

Interview Questions

• why sales?
      why adp?
      tell me a time you overcame a challenge?
      what are three qualities you will bring to the table?
      where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

May 18, 2020

We appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve our experiences for candidates. We apologize that your experience was negative and welcome the opportunity to learn more. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Kansas City, MO) in April 2020.

Interview

1st conversation with a recruiter. 2nd interview over the phone with the hiring sales manager. 3rd interview with the VP of Sales. 4th interview I was asked to prepare a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation for a sales call role play in addition to a 10 minute slideshow presentation on why I was a good fit for the role. A week and a half later I received an email letting me know they decided to go in another direction. Although the interviews themselves were not difficult, the amount of time put into building a PowerPoint presentation just to receive a rejection via email may be a bit too much to ask for some.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 18, 2020

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP interview process. We appreciate your feedback and will share with our talent acquisition teams to better improve the candidate experience.