ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,141 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Findlay, OH).

Interview

I had a phone interview then an onsite interview. I previously applied for a different position but didn't hear anything back after a month so I gave up. I decided to reapply because a recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn. I had my phone interview then the onsite interview with a group of 4 people. Some of them seemed like the didn't want to interview me.
    It's been a bit over two weeks and I still haven't heard back. I just find it ridiculous I was sought out and then completely ignored.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and overall a positive experience. I first spoke with their recruiting team, who asked me questions about my sales background, motivations and interests in the position. I then interviewed with the office manager, who asked me about relocation and experience [Still in interview process]

Interview Questions

• What do you think this position entails? Describe in your own words.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few days after the school career fair to schedule an interview. The interview was smooth and I got an offer letter few weeks later.

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The recruiter seemed very rushed and bothered with the fact she was interviewing me. As soon as I picked up the phone she said "I just want you to briefly run through your resume and then you can ask me any questions you may have," I have been in HR for 5 years and I don't know how you can make a decision on the candidate by having them run through their resume which you obviously already read since she selected me for a phone interview. I'd recommend not wasting your time on candidates you don't want to interview or get a new recruiter that enjoys her job and actually qualifies the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and what questions do you have?   Answer Question

Jan 8, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. If you wish to share any additional information, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com

Multiple Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Extremely transactional - didn't even ask me how my day/holiday was and when I asked her, she didn't even respond. It was just a bombardment of questions and wasn't even an interview. It was just her reading down my resume and asking how much money I was making at each position (btw it is illegal to do that now, there is some grey area there, but to be safe - DON'T DO IT). Honestly, it was what I was expecting from a "big company" recruiter, but I went ahead and scheduled the interview anyway because hey...I'm looking to make a change. I also asked who they competed with (I know already, but wanted to ask an intelligent question) - she had no clue and didn't even know the drama happening at ADP w/ the shareholders/investors. All-in-all, great company, but very disappointing interview process that turned me off. I pulled myself from process.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make at all of your positions?   1 Answer

Jan 2, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing. We are interested in more information about this specific interaction and if you feel comfortable, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com - thank you.

Client Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview with a Human Resource recruiter. I then had an in-person interview with a manager and a Client Account Executive via the phone. This was followed up with an interview with the VP. There was also a fairly extensive background check and employment verification process.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of my experience with dealing with difficult situations with clients.   Answer Question

Jan 2, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Interview

You do not talk to an actual person with ADP on initial interview. It is very impersonal and very robotic. The interviewer knows nothing about the job in which you have applied for you and cannot answer the simplest questions about the job. As well known as ADP is, I believe they are really slacking in this department. Having an interviewer's first question be "Are you sure you've read the job description?" as their first initial words are absurd. Having spent many hours interviewing and researching many companies before interviews, this one stuck out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you last five years of unemployment?
      (The she proceeds to say, actually i'll start)   Answer Question

Dec 4, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. We will share you insights with our Talent Acquisition teams and if you have anything additional to add, please reach out to us at... More

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Bothell, WA).

Interview

It was brief and a long time ago so I don't know how it is in the current day. ADP uses a lot of temp to hire through temp agencies and make you wait 6-12 month before becoming permanent.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Dec 26, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing you interview experience with us on Glassdoor.

Associate Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Smooth process. I applied online to their job posting and was called for an interview a few days later. A Talent Acquisition Specialist scheduled an interview for me via email with two managers, and I submitted an assessment along with an detailed application the day before my face to face interview.

The interview was relaxed. It consisted of a conversation about my past experience, and the interviewer compared my experience with the role I applied for to help me understand its importance. The interview was very unique. When the second manager entered the room to continue the interview, the first interviewer caught them up with the conversation. They gave me an opportunity to ask questions about the company, the role I applied for and their personal feelings about the company.

After the interview they informed me of the next steps, and I was told I should hear from them by the end of the week.

If you are confident with your work history and have a genuine interest in ADP, your interview will be smooth.

I am currently waiting for my results, so for now an offer has not been extended to me.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose to apply for a position with ADP?   1 Answer

Dec 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing the full breadth of your interview experience. We're rooting for you to join the Norfolk team!

Applications Tech Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

You fill out the application, take a grammar test, then receive call for the first interview. This is a bit tricky as they label it as a "Phone screening" but it's the first interview. Overall this part is easy as you are just reviewing your resume, and going over your skills relating to the job function. Told I would receive an email regarding if I'm invited to take on a second interview, only in person, within two weeks. I receive this email invite two days later. To back track, I took the call on a Monday, received and email to take an in person interview on Wednesday, and I scheduled to take this interview on the following Monday. My resume has no tech experience at all. I was honest about this from the beginning and explained to the first interviewer how I have a deep interest in switching careers into tech, but I currently don't have any experience in the field. This known, I'm still offered an interview. I receive a call the following Monday stating that although I had a strong interview, I wasn't selected for the position because I didn't have a tech background, but they would like to still offer me a position in another department. I may sound ungrateful for turning down the job, but this just felt like a slap to the face. Not having tech experience was something known before my first interview, yet I'm being pulled to take on a second interview then get rejected because of something that was already a known fact from the beginning. To top it off, after explaining how I'm interested in only tech at the moment and telling my second interviewer that I would NOT be interested in any other position within the company, I'm still offered another position. Overall it looks like a nice an modern company to work for, but it feels like there is a huge lack of communication between recruiters and interviewers.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Dec 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry to hear about this situation. If you could reach out to us at adp_talent_community@adp.com with more information, we would like to escalate to our hiring teams.