ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Interview

Really Easy. Phone Interview. Star format. Nailed it. Offer. Countered. Accepted 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4

Negotiation

Jul 2, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Hoffman Estates, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was a phone call, and short phone interview, followed up by two interviews with the Director of the department and the hiring manager. Nothing specifically difficult, or odd, pretty much a straight up interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations were necessary

Jul 2, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the insights and welcome to the ADP team. #workhappy

Corporate Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Employee referral was strong but the hiring manager had another candidate preselected. He was just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?   1 Answer
    • You come highly recommended, what's been the one thing that you have failed at?   1 Answer

Jul 2, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor.

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

First interview was pretty good but the interviewer provided misleading information during the interview. I expected that the case interview would be more like a discussion instead of a question and answer. I did not get an opportunity to showcase the full breadth of my business skills.

Second interviewer was helpful during the process. It felt more conversational and relaxed.

Looking bad, they probably employed the good cop-bad cop model typical of consulting firms.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 2, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Del Mar, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied, took a month to be contacted, had a phone interview which was relatively easy and fluid. The lady said I would be moving on to the next round and that the VP of Sales would call me in two days; they didn’t. I tried to follow up a week later by calling and leaving a message, she didn’t return my call. I emailed her twice, still no response. Extremely unprofessional to say that you’re excited to meet me and that you are sending me to the next round of interviews and then completely ghost me. What a joke.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Feb 26, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. We would love to follow up with the person you spoke to and if you feel comfortable please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Columbus, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Interviewer made me wait 20 minutes past the scheduled start time. Began the interview saying there were no open territories. Interrupted the interview to get coffee. Very unprofessional atmosphere

Interview Questions

• one good and 1 bad thing your previous employer would say about you   1 Answer

Jul 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for the negative experience, but thank you for sharing. We will use to improve our interviewing processes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Culver City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interview at the Culver City location. After reading all the pessimistic experiences and reviews on this site, I expected the worst of my interviewer. After the interview, I can say it has been the most comfortable and authentic interview I have been in. Not only did the interviewer who was the vice president of sales got to know about my professional experience, I also got to know his personal and professional background which is rare in an interview due to their position. I encourage interviewees to avoid negativity and focus on their personal experience rather than reading about other peoples' experiences. I made it through the next process and I will be shadowing a sales rep as part of the final interview.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the positive review of your interview experience and good luck on your shadowing day.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Had a great initial phone call and discussed position and qualifications and my experiences and background. Was told to be on the lookout for the next steps in the process and then never heard back.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

This is disheartening that you we're not followed up with. If you wish to provide some more information around the situation, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Rockville, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter by phone who immediately administered a mini interview with basic personality questions. The recruiter liked me so helped me to schedule a FaceTime interview with a VP who was hard to get in touch with. Eventually I FaceTimed with the VP, it was a basic interview (name a time of success, failure, adversity, when you were a good friend, etc.) The VP seemed uninterested and rushed, I definitely didn't think I was going to hear back, but two weeks later HR requested I come in for the final in-person two day ride along & roll play. The ride along was awesome because I just shadowed all day, but the roll play day was very intimidating; I sat before 5 VPs and they all rattled off questions and follow up questions on every answer. Role play was good, I prepped and performed, and then the VP gave me a few tips to improve and wanted me to do it again with his advice.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were a good friend, in an unexpected way.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a standard phone interview that went extremely well. Came in for an interview with two Sales Managers, I confidently answered their questions. They had me come in again to shadow with one of their current "top sales people", which was fine except it was basically half the day of me cold-calling into gas stations, etc. selling them payroll to see if I could "do the job". I got the offer and started at the company, but left as soon as I accepted a higher offer.

Interview Questions

• Probably where I wanted to be in 5 years.   1 Answer