ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

QA Print Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Through Temp Agency then with print Manager. Took about 1 month. Had to take physical and drug test also. Had a rep that assisted me through the entire process and the FedEx how much I would be making to my home.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied on their website and it took a couple days to get a phone interview. The phone interview was very awkward, they asked standard interview questions but because the person was typing while I talked he kept telling to wait so he could type. He said it would be about a week to hear something back if they wanted to move forward. I got an email within a couple hours to schedule a in person interview. I thought it went great but I never heard back. I contacted the recruiter a month later and she said the position was filled but they were trying to get approval for another. They got it approved and had me come in to talk to another manager, he told me I would know something within 2 weeks. It has now been 2 months since the phone interview and 2 weeks from my last interview. I still have not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you encountered a problem at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Jun 18, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. We would love to know more specifics on your situation and if you feel comfortable, please contact adp_talent_community@adp.com - thank you.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process was entirely too time consuming and unnecessary. Following a phone interview and in person interview with the VP of sales, if asked to continue in the process, you're required to go on an unpaid, 8 hour long field ride with a sales representative. My perception of the environment was unprofessional, unorganized, and unpassionate about all aspects of the job besides making money. I see no personal or professional growth stemming from this environment due to the nature of the managers and employees.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 18, 2018 – Manager

Sorry for your negative experience with the interviewing process. We appreciate you taking the time to review ADP and will share you feedback with our recruitment leaders.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Fantastic! it was a pretty flexible process, but you will have to go into the office for a full day of shadowing and interview on a Tuesday. Overall not bad at all.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 18, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience.

HCM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I’ve applied for quite a bit positions and got a few phone interviews. After the repetitive phone interviews, a hiring manager never calls. Seem like my applications just remain active, never receive a rejection letter which makes it so weird. At this time I feel like they’re wasting my time with setting up phone screenings. I even called the recruitement hotline to get an update but get limited info. Heard lots of good things about the company but it seem like winning the lotto would come before I get hired

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were working on a project and a coworker wasn’t contributing   Answer Question

Jun 18, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. We appreciate your enthusiasm to work for ADP and hope you will continue to strive to be a part of our organization.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

There was a round of 2 first interviews. They asked questions like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "What was the difficult thing you had to experience and how did you come it?"

Interview Questions

• What was the difficult thing you had to experience and how did you come it?   Answer Question

Jun 11, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review and rating of your interview experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Sandy Springs, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

Was called in for 2/3 in person interviews. While I feel like I am a strong candidate, I did not come off as aggressive enough for a sales position.

Interview Questions

• What is situation in which you bent the rules to make a sale/get what you want.   Answer Question

Jun 18, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review and rating.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

A person from outside of the US called for initial screening and made it clear it was not an official interview. She asked questions, to which I answered with specific examples, and the outcome, and it was as if she didn’t understand and then asked me the question again. It was confusing to answer the question again without trying to sound too talkative or like you are trying to explain to a foreigner.

Interview Questions

• What port would you use for ___?   1 Answer

Jun 4, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your review of the ADP interview experience. Your feedback is valuable to us as we strive to improve our overall processes.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I was given a phone call and asked several questions about why I wanted to do sales. It was clear to me they want people who are passionate about this opportunity!

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 4, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Waste of time at least at this office. They bring you in, grill you, bring you back. Then you literally work for them as your seat ride which is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 4, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor.