ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,941 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Interview

During the phone interview the hiring manager talked about my resume and some behavioral questions. She also talked about what the company does and what the position does. They asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Received an initial 30 minute phone screening, followed by a in-person interview. Managers were laid back and nice. Majority of the questions were behavioral questions. After the interview, I received a call saying they would like to move forward to the next round of interviews. This included a ride along, presentation, and role play. I prepared for the presentation and role play for a week. I then received a call from a different recruiter saying they decided to move forward with other candidates. Therefore, I wasted a week preparing for my role play and presentation. Unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Brief recruiter phone screen, in person with a manager, ride along, and a closing pitch. Smooth process if you are comfortable in a sales position! You are provided all of the tools needed to be successful in the interview process!

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback from your interview experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Basic Interview. Put a lot of stress on how you can sell yourself under pressure. Briefly described the steps following if you were to be moved on in the process and said Ill turn it over to you, "Tell me about yourself".

Implementation Specialist Interview

Interview

Unpleasant. Called to say that the job was filled internally. Asked questions to sort of fill time I guess. Said I would be getting a call or an email follow-up and I received nothing. Pretty lame.

Interview Questions

• The interview started out stating the position I was applying for / expecting to interview for was already filled internally.   Answer Question

Outside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Melville, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First the recruiter reached out to me, she asked a few questions and I was asked to go in for an in person interview. I met with the manager the next week. I was asked about past success and why I was looking to leave my current position. I answered all questions and I felt the interviewer was impressed by my answers. After the in person interview I did a ride along. This is where you shadow another rep to get an understanding of the day to day role. I then sent my thank you letter and waited, only to find out they decided on another candidate. Its funny because I felt everything went great.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

ClientAccoun Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Had 2 interviews (phone and video) with 2 different recruiters. They were both very professional and had a lot of information about the job requirements. Following that, I had an in person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager immediately began asking scripted questions without first discussing the job.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP in October 2016.

Interview

1. (phone screening) Like many others who have posted on here about the interview process at ADP I have had an overall positive experience. I applied online through Indeed and received an email to set up a phone interview which I was well over prepared for because it was just someone from the talent team literally typing down what I was saying (I could hear typing in the background).

2. (online assessment) I guess I met some sort of requirement though because shortly after I received an email to do an online assessment.This was an interactive assessment and tested how fast you typed/reaction time to situations and simulated what the actual software you would be using as a Client Support Specialist looked like while you actually got to hear potential phone calls and customers.

3. (face to face group interview) Within 24 hours I was contacted again by the interview coordinator via phone to set up an actual face to face interview on site. I was thrilled to be contacted so quickly and received another email following the phone call with the interview information and also an attached document of what to expect for the interview. With that document as well as reading every single tip/interview questions on this site (DO YOUR HOMEWORK) I was well over prepared for the interview. From these comments on Glassdoor I think that it honestly depends on what location/who interviews you. My interview was with two managers and from the start it had a "lets have a conversation" vibe. The interview went incredibly well and I felt more than prepared because like I said, I over prepared. I was impressed with how much these two managers talked up ADP, obviously any manager would (hopefully) talk up the company they work for but I noticed that it was genuine and it was obvious they truly loved working there.

4. (30 min phone interview with director) Well I guess they liked me as well because again, 24 hours later I got an email to have another phone interview with the Director of client support. That interview also went JUST as great and seemed more of a "get to know you", "see if your personality fits with the culture of the company" type of thing . It has now been 2 and a half days since that last interview and I am eagerly awaiting a call to see if I got the job which I am crossing my fingers for because ADP seems like a fantastic place to work.

Current Status: awaiting an offer

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Project Specialist

Great review - thank you. We hope you receive an offer but if not thank you for applying and going through the interview process.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The ADP interviewing process is very impersonal. You are sent an email with times to schedule what they call a phone interview. You are contacted at that particular time by someone in a call center who essentially just reads from a script. The person knows nothing about the position, the call is recorded for "quality assurance" and you basically just regurgitate everything that's already listed on your resume as they type your responses into a computer. I know ADP fancies itself as some sort of innovative HR giant but this whole way of screening candidates is completely, as I said, impersonal and inefficient. The person did not ask me anything that wasn't on my resume so they were essentially doing a completely redundant job. I realize ADP probably recieves thousands of resumes a day but it seems like they have the technology available to screen resumes without using this third-party. It felt like a waste of my time and theirs. When I received an email a couple of weeks later to self-schedule an in-person interview I decided this just isn't the company for me. When looking for a job you have to remember you are also looking for somewhere that's going to be a good fit for you personally. I feel that a company culture where people can't be bothered to personally review a resume and make human contact to request an interview is a company that doesn't value it's employees; you're basically just a nameless cog in the machine. I do realize this has become the norm with many large companies but this could also be the reason that employees feel under-valued and aren't loyal. This company may be a great opportunity for some but I prefer to feel at least a little valued by my employer and I think it's a bad sign when you don't even work there yet and they aren't making any effort to build a relationship with you.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume, job by job and describe your top three duties in each position.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a no-compete agreement?   Answer Question
    • Have you been working with any other recruiters at ADP (meaning they have to split their coveted commission if you were and you end up being hired)   Answer Question

Jul 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for providing this feedback. We will share with our HR teams.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The recruiter conducted a phone interview, then I was called in for two face to face interviews before I was offered the job. The conducted a background check and drug test. Once everything was cleared ADP sent me a offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed in spanish to see how well my spanish skills where.   Answer Question

Jul 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the background and review. Welcome to the ADP team.