Advanced Medical Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2020

3.9
Advanced Medical CEO Jennifer Fuicelli (no image)
Jennifer Fuicelli
Pros
  • "Great company culture (monthly potlucks, after work events, etc(in 15 reviews)

• "They have a full staff of support personnel for all of the traveling providers who can help with finding a place to live, get settled in a new city and(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "No PTO and there are other companies providing it to travelers(in 14 reviews)

• "High turnover rate for those that have not had extensive sales and customer service experience(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Dover, DE

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

My recruiters have been a great help throughout my job search and hiring process. They are always in touch, reaching out to check in, and doing their best to answer any questions or concerns.

Cons

No cons to working with Advanced, they have been amazing.

Advanced Medical2020-04-17
  2. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

Awesome experience at Advanced Inc

Cons

You get out what you put into the job. No cons

Advanced Medical2019-11-13

"Unfortunately, Wasted Time!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule, Not micro-managed, Desk Space, Supplies provided, Kitchen. Good placeholder until you find something else.

Cons

Company was sold right before the Industry billing has changed10/2019, which caused the industry to loose 60% of its business. Future outlook is poor. Job posting is always up on job boards, as it's easier than training current team members. What they are selling is a sham to medical professionals. The Seniors, wait for you to quit so they can inherit your travelers. Making 100 calls a day to leads that have 6-10 calls everyday, from all the other agencies selling the same sham. 97% of your calls are voicemail and the remaining 3% are either hangups or the person on the other end telling you to please stop calling them. The outlook on this company is not good, dying industry. It's a matter of time before the new company restructures and closes all the Advanced offices except for Colorado. When the owner sells a company and the company then looses 60% of their business overnight, it's only a matter of time. Get out while you can. Again, ask yourself, why is this job always posted = revolving door! Oh and the 5 star reviews you see, are from current managers who were asked to do so.

Advanced Medical2019-10-29

"Great job for a money motivated employee"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Portland, OR

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

My Advanced team has been like my family here in Portland. I love not being micro-managed and having a sense of control over my desk. We do a lot of fun sales competitions and outings. Everyone is so encouraging and supportive of my success.

Cons

Cold calling is never amazing. This is a sales job and it is a grind at times. If you are not a money motivated person willing to grind it out, its not for you.

Advanced Medical2019-10-03
  5. "Everything You Need to Know in One Review..."

Current Employee - SENIOR CAREER CONSULTANT in Portland, OR

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, fun environment that allows recruiters to take a step back if needed while working busy days. Staffing in general can be a "turn and churn" business that at times can produce high turnover - welcome to recruiting!!! But being surrounded by good people and management that wants you to succeed goes a long way here. I didn't hit my initial KPI goals at the start and I'm still here because I put in the hours and time, had the support from my manager and teammates, and worked my way up to senior status level. The help is there but it's up to the recruiter to get there! Can't expect to work 8 hour days in the beginning and be successful in the hospital/healthcare business that never stops. Be prepared to make calls, be told no over and over again by prospects, and work independently. Only so much can be taught or trained through a book. You gain experience in the staffing industry once you hit the desk and learn by trial & error. I appreciate my manager that gives me the tools to succeed but doesn't micromanage my every move!

Cons

The job can be a grind and mentally draining especially in the beginning. Gains are never instant and you typically see results from today's work about 2-3 months down the road. Balancing patience with the urgency of the market can be hard.

Advanced Medical2019-10-04
  6. "Growing Company"

Former Employee - Architect

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to start career

Cons

No good benefits for lower level jobs

Advanced Medical2019-10-17
  7. "Great Company, Loves Employees, Fun Enviornment"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Portland, OR

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun sales floor with plenty of contests to keep you entertained and well loved by higher ups.

Cons

It is a tough market, if recruiting isn't your niche it can be tough

Advanced Medical2019-09-24

"An unusual, awful employment experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Career Consultant in Portland, OR

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Break room was great. Sale contests were fun (but contribute to the highly toxic work expectation). Felt supported in the beginning. Young environment

Cons

My manager was either really supportive or really angry when answering questions. I was a brand new employee and I would regularly be blown off by her for asking too many questions. They encouraged questions then get angry for not knowing. So hypocritical and toxic - co workers even acknowledged her attitude towards me. The general environment is fear-based. Everyone keeps their head down and mouth shut bc management can’t be trusted and turnover is excessively high. I was the 6th FIRING in the 4 MONTHS I was there. So unprofessional, especially when I worked my tail off and generated tons of leads for them. Basically, the company is super top heavy with high performers while the bottom sees mild success or is fired and churning out people like a factory. They don’t care about you, they just want deals in the first 3 months or you’re fired, regardless of how well you integrate with the company, how many leads you have, how hard you worked, etc etc. and FYI - you’re calling the same leads they’ve had for years, trying to get old travelers to return. If you do find someone, they are already talking to another agency. You have to be very gritty for this job - and even if you are, you’re not guaranteed for success which is what happened to me. Be very very wary of what you are walking into.

Advanced Medical2019-09-19
  9. "Great earning potential with hard work. A unique and fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

With hard work and dedication you will succeed and be rewarded. This is a supportive and engaging work environment. This is my home away from home, my work family. We encourage and enjoy friendly competition with each other. There is uncapped/unlimited earning potential on the sales floor. We give back to the community which is very rewarding. I enjoy when we participate and team building events and gatherings.

Cons

You're working with people - which can be unpredictable at times. There is pressure to hit goals and within a certain time period - naturally since this is a sales position.

Advanced Medical2019-08-13

Advanced Medical Response

August 23, 2019Director of People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your pros and cons are spot on, this job can be challenging but also very rewarding. Thank you for all you do in our FL office to create a home away from home environment!

10. "Great place to grow and learn"

4.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Portland, OR

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned so much! The office is a wonderful environment and everyone is so nice!

Cons

Recruiting isn't for everyone, you will figure out pretty fast if it is for you or not.

Advanced Medical2019-08-13

Advanced Medical Response

August 23, 2019Director of People Operations

Thanks for the shout out!

Found 177 reviews