Advanced Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 22, 2019

4.0
Jennifer Fuicelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company culture (monthly potlucks, after work events, etc" (in 15 reviews)

• "Your work life balance is how YOU manage it" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover rate for those that have not had extensive sales and customer service experience" (in 10 reviews)

• "When someone leaves, they give the senior recruiters all your good leads and give the newer recruiters all the bad leads" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Independent work in a community setting"

Former Employee - Career Consultant in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Career Consultant in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, uncapped commission, positive atmosphere, supportive team, loved my time here! They really let you work independently and run your own desk.

Cons

I had a long commute and during rush hour. Cold calling can be a hard job, so not a good fit if you’re not driven!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the constant support!

Mar 26, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for the shout out, we appreciate it!

2. "Best Experience"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was so happy to fulfill my Clinical Fellowship with Advanced. Before I knew it my career took off. Great assignments and rotations. Caring and attentive recruiters. Benefits and perks. Fast forward a year and a half and I'm a new mom. My decision to take time off and focus on my family was bittersweet. I gained a wealth of experience traveling with Advanced and consider them my second family. I would recommend Advanced Medical to any new grad without hesitation.

Cons

I can't think of any.

3. "Must be sales minded"

Current Employee - Career Consultant in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Career Consultant in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pleased with my position and the opportunity I've had to grow this company. Great benefits and work culture. Colleagues and management are world class. Hard work equals success. Training available and support from team leaders.

Cons

Long days on the phone, but it's manageable.

Jan 21, 2019 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We like to think our team is world class we're glad you feel the same.

4. "5 star client care and customer service"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a travelling therapist life can be hectic and unpredictable. Signing on with Advanced Medical was the best decision I've made. It's as if my recruiter tailor fits all my assignments. I'm confident knowing Advanced has my back. Thank you for always going above and beyond. You are true professionals.

Cons

I have only good things to share about my experience working with Advanced.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive work.

Jan 21, 2019 – Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear your experience has been great and we thank you for all your hard work!

"Supportive team atmosphere where you can build your book of business!"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never been in a sales job that had a strong power of positive work environment and culture like Advanced! The offices work hard and play hard. Very supportive ancillary staff. You aren't just a number when you show up, work smart, and put up results.

Cons

It is a sales job, no doubt about it! Your lack of resilience, negativity and doubting your abilities can be your own cons...

Advice to Management

Continue to brainstorm and use current employee feedback to improve training (new hire and ongoing). The market is ever changing and there's many moving pieces to connect as a recruiter.

Jan 21, 2019 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for the honest feedback, we appreciate all suggestions! Training is extremely important to us and we will continue evolving and improving.

"Advanced takes care of me so I can care for others"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Advanced has the best selection of local nursing positions, as well as great travel jobs. Great benefits. Outstanding pay. AMAZING health insurance, which is rare for travel companies. My recruiter never ceases to amaze me.

Cons

Had a small hiccup with expense sheets, however the issue was quickly rectified.

Jan 15, 2019 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a nice review! We really appreciate the work you do as a nurse and pride ourselves in trying to make it as easy as possible for you!

"Thanks Advanced"

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

Recruiter always upbeat and available. She provides variety of assignments. Guaranteed hours. Benefits started immediately. Support when needed.

Cons

Wish I signed on with Advanced sooner.

Jan 15, 2019 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the shout-out! We wish we had worked with you sooner as well.

"Located current/ past Advanced employees on LI and request an honest review before hiring"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Earning Potential
    Culture can be relaxed, and fun at times
    Talented, hard working co-workers

Cons

Leadership located in other markets make final decisions concerning the region's production, and what kind of opportunities there are for lateral and upward movement in each office. The senior leadership are not visible nor accessible to employees located across the US.

Everything must be earned. A desk move, a rare hour off for a physician's visit, and even adding an additional holiday to the company holiday list. The additional holiday, Friday after Thanksgiving was tied to company-wide production otherwise we worked.

This company breathes expendable employees. Read reviews buried deeper and as these reviews attest, favouritism and continual politics trigger brown-nosing and lack of transparency. Recruiters operate under a shroud of fear.

Finally, there is a level of surveillance of employee sentiment which is creepy and creates a lack of trust amongst employees. There is no room for suggestions for improvement unless the suggestion is made by a Senior Recruiter which is a small percentage of Advanced's workforce. The expectation is that everyone remains positive, and drinks the Advanced Koolaid as they watch fellow co-workers exit each week. Unfortunately, Advanced Sioux Falls recruits a lot of hardworking South Dakotans who value authenticity too much to be successful in this type of culture.

Advice to Management

Live your posted corporate values. Ask your employees where you are falling short and change your policies. Invest in a database with current, relevant leads. Stop hiring recruiters only to have a turn over rate that's burning through your cash and impeding your ability to support your sales force.

Jan 15, 2019 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for providing feedback. We appreciate you pointing out that Advanced is a high performance organization. When someone accepts a role with Advanced we are transparent with our goals... More

9. "Fun - Competitive - Hard"

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advanced offers great benefits and a really fun and inviting company culture.

If you make friends with everyone around you they are more than willing to help you succeed.

The management is really easy to get a long with and if you ask they will give you great feedback. Use this to your advantage as it is a very rough job.

Make 150 to 200 calls a day and fill your pipeline. It's very rough to make it doing the bare minimum and even going above and beyond expect a huge learning curve.

You are expected to do 1 new hire per month for your first year, it's very tough and true leads are slim to none. Leave detailed notes and follow up more often than 45 days in some cases. Keep in touch with your therapists that way if they ever become available you can jump on the ball.

Advanced has a very laid back atmosphere so you can wear jeans and a t shirt and you're not chained to your desk all day but it is advised to work non stop.

Cons

Long hours and lots of tedious and repetitive calls.

It's an office job, so expect to be in your cubicle for hours on end.

Advice to Management

Get more hot leads, keep working the school events and getting new grads on board, and keep working on getting more jobs in schools for OT and PT.

Dec 31, 2018 – Director of People Operations

We appreciate you taking time to provide honest feedback. The Career Consultant position takes an incredible amount of tenacity and work especially in your first year.

10. "I found my travel company"

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

Keep Great work and retaining great recruiters.

Cons

I've traveled off and on with several companies and I can easily say Advanced is the best around. They really know the world of travel therapy. My recruiter always has my best interest in mind at all times and it's great to know she has my back. They guide you through the entire process and are always positive. I highly recommend Advanced if you’re looking for a travel therapy company you can trust.

Advice to Management

Keep retaining great recruiters.

Dec 31, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for the shout out and recommendation. It's always great to hear from our clinicians in the field!