Advanced Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 10, 2019

3.9
Jennifer Fuicelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company culture (monthly potlucks, after work events, etc" (in 15 reviews)

• "Your work life balance is how YOU manage it" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover rate for those that have not had extensive sales and customer service experience" (in 10 reviews)

• "Management is spread thin with the high volume of new hires" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Independent work in a community setting"

Former Employee - Career Consultant in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Career Consultant in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, uncapped commission, positive atmosphere, supportive team, loved my time here! They really let you work independently and run your own desk.

Cons

I had a long commute and during rush hour. Cold calling can be a hard job, so not a good fit if you’re not driven!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the constant support!

Mar 26, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for the shout out, we appreciate it!

"Uncapped Income, Great Team and Leadership"

Current Employee - Career Consultant-Lead in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Career Consultant-Lead in Portland, OR

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have an uncapped income- not many positions offer that. As long as you are exceeding goals, you can be more flexible in your schedule and work/life balance. I have a great amount of support from management in all offices. Healthy competition and team building environment. It's a fun place to work and somewhere you enjoy coming every day. Fun office/company contests to keep it interesting and motivating. Enjoy building relationships with my travelers!

Cons

It is a tough job and not for everyone. But you are given the tools to succeed. The rest is up to you!

Advice to Management

Positive reinforcement means everything to top producers. We are our own worst critics!

Mar 18, 2019 – Director of People Operations

Thanks for the shout out, it's always good to hear from our PDX family. We appreciate the advice and will make sure our Managers are reminded of this!

"Advanced - an amazing career choice"

Current Employee - Director in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Colleagues, leadership, team environment, compensation

Cons

too much free candy and the view from the office of the Flatirons can be a bit distracting at times

Mar 18, 2019 – Director of People Operations

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Cheers to 5 more years of success, thank YOU for all you do!

"Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with Advanced has opened up a world of opportunity for me. Great starting salary, benefits and bonuses. It really is a great TEAM environment and I feel as if I'm set up for success. Fun work culture in a chill work space.

Cons

Long hours on the phone.

Mar 18, 2019 – Director of People Operations

We are happy you are enjoying life here at Advanced. The phone time is no joke, but hopefully the team environment helps offset the calls. Thanks for the shout out!

"This COULD be the best sales job in SF"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great and fun recruiters who make going to work each day worth it. Base salary plus a commission pay. Don’t have to find your own leads. No weekends required. Supportive sales environment.

Cons

There is one major flaw in this office and it is that as much as your told you won’t be micromanaged day to day that’s what happens from the upper manager in the office. How the person who is running this office is in charge of things just because she was a great recruiter- she won’t stop telling you how great she was in case you ever forget and just do things her way and don’t question it- but is a horrible manager says a lot about how this company operates. If you don’t think employees see how the sales tactics you have taken to be a great recruiter and tell us to use- there is no teaching with her, it’s do this do that and don’t try to do anything but her way if you want to get any sort of recognition- are being used on recruiters too. Favoritism is not even attempted to be masked- the same people reap the benefits of turnover if they are the golden children in the eyes of said manager. The manager’s inconsistency, blatant disrespect of people not hitting her own personal expectations of how she would do things and lack of real management/leadership skills make this a hard place to stay motivated to get ahead and put in extra hours and efforts. All quality help and development I got in my time there came from other recruiters and a mentor- who is the most helpful person in the office and is definitely not given enough credit. If you can work through a mentor more than this “leader” you will find more success and be happier daily instead of wondering what kind of mind game you’ll get from the manager. Despite this huge con, this is a great company with great people and if you can put in extra efforts and keep your nose down and put up numbers to become a favorite, this is a great long term option.

Advice to Management

Get another leader in place who is good with consistently leading and motivating people, not just when it’s convenient or when someone is doing real good or bad or at best try to develop her people skills. People don’t quit jobs they quit bad bosses! You say people can be a late bloomer with numbers and still be successful so be consistent with the time you’re giving people to hit your benchmarks! The my way or the highway attitude of the leader in this office is a joke.

Mar 18, 2019 – Director of People Operations

We are very disappointed in this review. Our leadership team strives every day to provide training, advice and clear expectations to the employees of Advanced. Our Sioux Falls leaders take great... More

"Sioux Falls is “Sioux”weet!"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management in this office is fantastic. They take the time to really pour into you and help you be successful. It’s a great team to work for!

Cons

Sometimes it feels like not enough leads are given

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in Sioux Falls!

Mar 18, 2019 – Director of People Operations

We like what you did there!! ☝ We couldn't agree more, the South Dakota team is 'Sioux'weet!

7. "No complaints"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office space is amazing, people are great, job can be awesome, day flies by, they don’t skip on the perks

Cons

The job is super hard, lots to learn, so many people need help so have to be loud about needing attention

Advice to Management

slow down growing so people get help they need

Mar 18, 2019 – Director of People Operations

There is a lot to learn in this industry! We've promoted one of our rockstars to provide additional leadership. She will assist with training and development! We hope you're already seeing a... More

"Awful"

Former Employee - Career Consultant in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Career Consultant in Miami, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the co workers are great! Some not so much

Cons

You get hired to be a phone monkey get a few leads and you'll get purseded to walk out the door. Oh all ur leads go to the senior reps so your basically around for making phone calls and that few leads you get just pockets the management and so called 'leader people' this company is a JOKE. Run.. Run far away. It's a con and a complete joke. What company has training every week and interviews (multiple at that daily?) Not a reputable one. Oh and it's clear favorites or leaders get fed the good leads.. Just run..

The reviews that are recent HAVE to be set by management or IT..

Advice to Management

I don't think advice would suffice.. It'll be forever a scam company with 14000 different names.

Mar 18, 2019 – Director of People Operations

We don't have an office in Miami, you may have the wrong company.

"Supportive team atmosphere where you can build your book of business!"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never been in a sales job that had a strong power of positive work environment and culture like Advanced! The offices work hard and play hard. Very supportive ancillary staff. You aren't just a number when you show up, work smart, and put up results.

Cons

It is a sales job, no doubt about it! Your lack of resilience, negativity and doubting your abilities can be your own cons...

Advice to Management

Continue to brainstorm and use current employee feedback to improve training (new hire and ongoing). The market is ever changing and there's many moving pieces to connect as a recruiter.

Jan 21, 2019 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for the honest feedback, we appreciate all suggestions! Training is extremely important to us and we will continue evolving and improving.

"Don’t Waste Your Time"

Former Employee - Career Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Career Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ridiculously easy to get hired.

Cons

Even easier to get fired.

Advice to Management

Don’t hire people just to fire them 3 months later.

Mar 18, 2019 – Director of People Operations

We are extremely clear throughout the interview process and in our written offer that sales metrics are part of this career path. Kuddos for getting hired, because it's really not that easy. We only... More