Advanced Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Jennifer Fuicelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company culture is positive, fun, and those who care about doing well typically do (in 10 reviews)

• The work life balance is wonderful, best I have ever had (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate for those that have not had extensive sales and customer service experience (in 10 reviews)

• If they don't like you, you won't get an new hires or any new people in your name (in 5 reviews)

"Great culture"

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

The people are great, the culture is great, you can wear whatever you would like, and the location is beautiful. You have the ability to sit or stand, or sit on a yoga ball and have access to a full kitchen. As far as office jobs go, this is the best. Plus you can earn some amazing commission. Plus you have a flexible schedule, which is so nice!

Cons

This isn't really a con but you need to understand how sales work and how dealing with people can be. Things can change quickly and often and you are not used to change, this isn't the job for you.

"Fast paced and rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a dynamic, fast paced, growing company that is full of life. There is ample room to grow and make money. The people are great and so friendly. The expectations of recruiters are tough but it is a true sales job.

Cons

Can’t think of any right now.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company!

Feb 1, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thanks for the feedback! The Advanced bus is not slowing down!

3. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great reward for hard work

Cons

Nothing negative to share. All good

Advice to Management

Keep up the great positive attitude

Advanced Medical Response

Jan 17, 2018 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thanks for the shout out!

"Career Consultant/ recruiter"

Current Employee - Career Consultant/Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Career Consultant/Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back, and good people

Cons

Hard company to do well, and move up. Very political. Most people get let go, even after a year. People are leaving all the time. If they like you, you stay if not you’re gone. Very little coaching and support. You sink or swim. Little transparency company wide. The pay is very low, yes commission is unlimited, but get ready to hustle and play the who do you know game.

Advice to Management

Better transparency. There is so much going on behind the scenes we never know what is going on. Politics are politics nothing you can do about that.

Feb 6, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to point out that this is a true inside sales job and like any sales position you sink or swim by the numbers. Since you are a current... More

"Laid back but dramatic"

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Direct supervisors are amazing. The company tries to come up with fun things to do and will have events. Relaxed environment. Can show up to work in sweats.

Cons

Environment feels like I am back in high school. There is too much competition between the departments and it seems like no one knows how to properly deal with the issues that are being bought up.

Advice to Management

Work on making the environment more professional and less like a gossip and drama center. Also pay better and put more effort into keeping people instead of the high turnover rate.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back dress code and free coffee. Some good people can be found if you rifle through the drama and play the role like everyone else.

Cons

This is a very difficult review to write. There are some deceptive posts here so I feel the need to add a sprinkle of truth. This is a tough position, I have been in sales since college almost 10 years a go now and this is by far an away the most janky role I've ever had. Very little training, and not just sales, there is no script and cookie cutter way to do this role...I get it they want you to be yourself and be genuine. But there's almost zero software navigation training, industry training, lead generation and lead maturity training, follow up, ect...I could go on all day. They seem to save this until they think your worth the expense. And it's not about only training..it's about the total lack of even explaining their expectations beyond numbers. And yes they are fairly up front about the turnover and goals, although they do deceive a bit here too....And being from sales it was sadly obvious they were selling me on even coming in for an interview. The whole pitch was long and well rehearsed. But the heart of the turn over is a lack of transparency of their expectations for recruiters, as well as expectations that should be passed on to the traveler by the recruiter and the team handling them. Good sales professionals also care about their traveler retention and so should the company, it keeps a solid base and helps solidify brand image **If this were done it would be apart of the "world class customer service" pitch they threw in there. In the end it makes everyone look unprofessional and like the left hand has no idea what the right is doing, and that s why if you research how these health care professionals feel about Advanced, ie social media groups, you will learn the truth. Research and ask the right questions, this is a good job if you need something short term until you find something else.

Advice to Management

Eventually, you will have hired and let go of all the good talent available, and by word of mouth from those who simply quit, stopped showing up, or those who got fired, new talent won't touch you unless they have to. You will be left scraping the bottom of the barrel, take care of your employees because the ones still there work to take care that your still in business.

Advanced Medical Response

Jan 17, 2018 – Employment Experience Manager!

Advanced is always looking to improve our processes and employee experience, we take feedback very seriously.
    We hire professionals that have had success in sales, the industry and tricks of the... More

7. "Great company to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Financial opportunities are amazing. You are truly rewarded for your efforts. The company cares for the employees and the culture is wonderful!

Cons

It's not a job for everyone but it's stressed that it's not before being hired. You have to be resilient and be able to hear NO before you hear a yes.
    Its not Sweden - where they work 6 hour days, lol that would be amazing :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive and rewarding culture. Continue to be consistent in your management of a great team!

Advanced Medical Response

Dec 18, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thanks for the shout out! We love to hear from our South Dakota office. The Career Consultant role is a grind for sure but the rewards are endless!

8. "Fun company to work for"

Current Employee - QA Specialist in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - QA Specialist in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great boss, fun company to work for

Cons

can have lots of down time

Advanced Medical Response

Dec 18, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thanks for the feedback!

9. "Sales Representative"

Pros

Nice company to work for

Cons

There is no downsides working for this company

Advanced Medical Response

Nov 30, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thanks for the shout out!!

10. "Where hard work literally pays off"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

While not an easy job by any means, the payoff for succeeding is very financially rewarding. There's no micromanaging; you are in charge of your own success, which you don't typically find in a sales position. Leadership within the company is great and there is a lot of support for new team members.

Cons

A big mistake that is made with newest members of Advanced is that instant results are expected with minimal work put into the job. You definitely have to pay your dues the first several months- work long hours, make LOTS of phone calls, and rely on your senior team/management to guide you in the right direction. If you want a position where you can just "figure it out" on your own, then this job isn't for you.

Advanced Medical Response

Nov 30, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. This is a great honest look at the Recruiter role. Is it difficult? Yes. We make that clear from day one, however we believe that every Recruiter... More