Advanced Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Jennifer Fuicelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company culture is positive, fun, and those who care about doing well typically do (in 10 reviews)

• Beer cart Friday is a nice perk enjoyed by most when it happens (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Have very very high turnover rates (in 9 reviews)

• If they don't like you, you won't get an new hires or any new people in your name (in 6 reviews)

"best job ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL

Pros

great environment with amazing coworkers. everyone's hustling and doing what they love. it's awesome to be around hardworking people that inspire you to be better.

Cons

sometimes they play music way too loud. Get some noise cancelling headphones!

Advice to Management

more happy hour opportunities for employees!

2. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is great, the money is uncapped, and they day flies by. I like my boss too.

Cons

It is a hard job. That is not a joke. But they make that clear in the interview.

Advice to Management

Give us more time to book our first 3 travels if our pipeline is look good. I took longer but was scared I was going to lose my job the whole time. Luckily I did not.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

The company’s goal is to provide opportunity while fostering a positive atmosphere, we are happy to hear this has been your experience. Thank you for your feedback on our Recruiter goals. We do... More

"Advanced..get it together"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

I made some really good friends

Cons

Recruiters are in and out..no job security here unless you're in another department. High stress environment and you're making calls alllll dayyyy lonnggg.

Advice to Management

You guys need to really drug test your employees. I knew employees that were doing cocaine, weed, you name it. It was very uncomfortable. I even heard about a Christmas party where Advanced employees got kicked out of a Red Robin because they were all drunk and being too crazy. I think a stricter environment is needed.

4. "Awesome Culture"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Noblesville, IN
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hard play hard at Advanced. The company provided all the tools to succeed. If you have a poor work ethic and a bad attitude you will not last at Advanced.

Cons

No benefits for 90 days.

Advice to Management

Keep weeding out the low hanging fruit, and keep up the hard work plus fun culture.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thanks for taking the time to tell us how things are going in our Indiana office! Great culture is sometime we strive for and will continue to make a priority.

"DON’T waste your time...seriously."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

Great social, amazing, outgoing people. Made great friends. Good culture, assuming they fix everything else.

Cons

Lack of training - thrown to wolves
    Secrets kept on ways to be successful
    Senior reps and veterans are spoon-fed
    Rapid company/employee expansion, stagnant leads
    Negative Atmosphere
    Favorites were played, constant backstabbing
    125+ dials a day
    Minimal/NO return on hard work
    Misleading to therapists
    Explained we were “gold standard” yet we were always getting jobs late, after other companies

Advice to Management

Quite burning and turning. Invest in your employees and not just a BS crash course. Find mentors who don’t talk smack one minute and praise the company the next.

6. "Biggest waste of time, TERRIBLE company"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

Not much. I made some friends and the company events were pretty fun. It's funny because everyone says "Beer Cart"..but this only happened once every couple months...not every friday. Casual dress, snacks and adjustable desks were great.

Cons

Seriously, this company is the biggest scam and waste. The CEO was in the building, however I never met her in my four months with the company. She rarely socialized or contributed to the business, and frankly I never saw her there. Training was extremely hands off and a very crash course. Mentors and Seniors would train you from a scripted powerpoint, yet not provide any informative added input. Everyone is so secretive and does not divulge their secrets - because there is DEFINITELY not enough business to share with everyone. Additionally, the same Mentors and Trainers were negative about the company when out on the floor and speaking about the business - yet uber positive in the trainings. There were several times where I learned something too little too late, that I could have REALLY used and learned previously...but all that info is "privileged" and "kept between the seniors and mentors"...seemingly on purpose to keep them afloat. The company expanded SO rapidly - gaining over 50-100 recruiters, however leadflow stayed the same, if not got worse. All new hires are given lead lists, which often times are several years old, and they're all round-robin'ed until they're overly worn out. "Leads" are given out sparingly, are often duplicates or bunk...but miraculously, the seniors and mentors are spoon-fed the quality therapists.

You are required to hit 3 travelers on assignment in your first three months or you will be FIRED. Fair enough, however, there is not enough quality leads or potential...let alone available jobs to realistically hit that number. In my time there, 80% of the new hires were fired within 2 months...and the seniors and mentors stay afloat because they get transferred the travelers on assignment from the fired recruiters (typically they had 1-2 before they were fired per performance). The available jobs to submit therapists to are a laughing matter. They are SO scarce, false advertisements, baiting positions...or straight up non-existent. Not to mention I had submitted a specific SLP to 21 different positions and they were not selected for 1!

Lastly - rampant sexual conversation, severe drug use and alcohol abuse within this organization. People would constantly show up to work high, drunk or on drugs. Workplace relationships were everywhere and sexual innuendos and harassment was very apparent.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, actually work to better the company and the positions available. Focus on training your employees with the correct people and materials, rather than just busting through every person with a pulse.

7. "Amazing Place!"

Current Employee - Mentor and Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Mentor and Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Advanced is the best decision I ever made! This job is hard, but if you work hard and you take advantage of the management and how helpful they are you will go farther than you ever imagined! Our office has the coolest environment and I can't even believe how lucky I am to have been introduced to this AMAZING company. Give Advanced a chance! You won't regret it!

Cons

NONE! Seriously. You're the only person who can stand in your way.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

We appreciate the fantastic feedback. It’s employees like you that make Advanced a great place to work! Thanks for being wonderful brand ambassador.

8. "Hard work and great rewards"

Pros

Great work environment to be in and culture is great. Some of the best training I have gotten with high expectations but also uncapped commissions as well.

Cons

There is turnover like any sales position but truth being if you follow the guidance and show great work ethic everyone is more than willing to help out and get you to be successful.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thanks for the feedback on our training! Our leaders have been working hard to fine tune our program to provide employees with the knowledge and skills to be successful

9. "Travel Nurse recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun , supportive atmosphere. Team oriented, where everyone helps everyone else succeed!

Cons

Currently no cons to report

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Fun & Support = a great formula for a successful environment. Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate you!

10. "LOVE MY JOB!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Advanced for over 3 years and I love my job! I've always been intrigued by healthcare but knew that nursing was not for me. I finally landed my dream job with Advanced working on the administrative side of healthcare. Now I'm able to help staff nurses that care for people all over the United States. It's crazy how much I've learned and I'm still learning something new everyday. At my previous jobs, I would wake up and dread going into work but not with Advanced. I get up and look forward to work because my co-workers are like family to me and they're always upbeat/fun to be around. I look forward to growing with Advanced for many years to come. If you're considering becoming an employee at Advanced, you will not be disappointed if you do.

Cons

Can't really think of any...

Advice to Management

Keep it up, you're doing great!

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Advanced. We appreciate you!