Baxter Reviews

Found 2,609 of over 3,303 reviews

3.9
Baxter Chairman and CEO José (Joe) Almeida
José (Joe) Almeida

What people are saying about Baxter

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are good (they used to be better but they are still good).(in 273 reviews)
  • "Great people and products that are wonderful to sell and represent.(in 197 reviews)
  • "The pay is good and is very competitive(in 131 reviews)
  • "good work life balance and pretty got pay packages(in 109 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and Values(in 85 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Baxter and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

I feel very valued and invested in in my role at Baxter

May 23, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career development Support from manager and team Opportunities for projects outside my day to day role Jab satisfaction Meaningful job

Cons

Benefits could be more competitive

Baxter Response

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to write this and feel so pleased that you feel supported in your role by your team and your manager. Your comment on job satisfaction resonates with us and your comment regarding job satisfaction. We have also made a note regarding the benefits. thanks again for your contribution to our mission of saving and sustaining lives. #ThisIsWhere your work makes an impact.

2. 5.0

Nice place

May 26, 2022 - Manufacturing Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good place to work

Cons

Management is not so good

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lack of Consistency across GBUs

May 27, 2022 - Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I changed GBUs and my experience dramatically changed at Baxter. Few key positives about my new GBU: 1. Amazing team that looks for personalized growth 2. Ample opportunities for both vertical and horizontal growth 3. Proper safety nets in place to either make sure I don't fail or make sure I learn and grow from my failures.

Cons

A few things about my old GBU: 1. Over reliance on a small section of people to do a majority of the work 2. No clear structure and often left wondering "who can I turn to for help" 3. Oversaturated at the top (engineering wise) with a lot of missing middle/entry level engineers. 4. Very easy to burnt out in a month and no-one seemed to notice/care I wish GBUs were more aligned with the culture of Baxter and make #LifeAtBaxter better.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Empowered to make an impact

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel trusted by leadership to make my ideas happen and to truly make an impact. Every day is different, which I love! I work with intelligent, creative and caring people who make #LifeAtBaxter fun. Every day brings an opportunity to learn something new, whether it is working with diverse personalities and people all over the world, to honing a technical skill. This is an exciting, ever-changing place to work.

Cons

The workload is quite high, and work-life balance isn't always great. Fortunately, I have an understanding and empathetic manager, so when I am behind, they understand and don't give me a hard time about it. They trust I will get it done.

1 person found this review helpful

Baxter Response

Wow! This review made our day! We so appreciate you taking the time to write this and share your experience in our Chicago premises with our readers. We especially loved your comments regarding working with caring, intelligent and creative people. For us, the best part about working at Baxter is our people - a global community with diverse backgrounds and resilient dedication that comes together to support each other. We hear your point on the high workload and are so pleased that you have an empathetic manager but attaining a good work-life balance is important, and we suggest that you discuss alternative ways of support with your manager in your next one to one. Thank you for all you do and your commitment to cultivating a great place to work. #BaxterProud

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

May 26, 2022 - Software Engineer in Opelika, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work-life balance and great coworkers

Cons

no real cons for the role

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Shawshank Prison

Apr 3, 2022 - Filling Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits and paid holidays

Cons

Overtime never ends, if you are absent you have to work your day off to make up for it plus get a point against you and lose a PTO day, only one person allowed PTO in the area you work in, every time you're off for a holiday you have to work Saturday to make up for it, you can only be absent 7 days in a year ( doctors notes aren't allowed), constantly being yelled at, you're expected to do more than your share of the work and you're blamed for people quitting if you don't do their work for them, handlers act like they don't care if you have a work problem, you're treated like a robot, attitudes by management is shut up and get to work, you're expected to do more than production quota without any more pay, handlers take an hour+ for breaks and you only get two breaks (30 minutes and 20 minutes), people are not properly trained, you're expected to work in areas where you don't know how to do the job and keep up, turnover is high due to poor treatment by management. The only reason I'm still here is because I'm too old to find another job at this pay and I'm retiring next year

Baxter Response

We are very sorry to read about your frustration and experience. We would advise you to reach out to us directly at baxtercares@baxter.com to discuss this further and better understand your situation. We appreciate the feedback; even though it's tough to read, we care a lot about our operators and manufacturing teams and their long-term success.

7. 5.0

Good People

May 24, 2022 - Production Engineer in Opelika, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good engineering team, respect people, have a broad knowledge of manufacturing

Cons

Some departments take priority, so the role responsibilities can change week to week

8. 4.0

Great Place!

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, nice people, PTO, maternal/paternal leave

Cons

not very many cons, its nice!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Baxter is a great place to learn

May 20, 2022 - Complaints Investigation Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job growth opportunity at plant Quality leadership

Cons

Low salaries Difference between manufacturing and quality

Baxter Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate your feedback as a Complaints Investigation Engineer. Thanks for highlighting job growth opportunities at the plant; we base our career growth approach on work experiences, feedback, and training. It is a shared responsibility between employees and their managers. We also love your comment on "Quality leadership".We have also noted your point regarding salaries which are evaluated annually with our compensation and benefits teams, external agencies and talent acquisition to ensure that we are competitive with the market. Thanks again!

10. 4.0

Good place overall

May 13, 2022 - Project Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Operations Engineering project management organization was solid. Corporate culture was okay. I've seen better, I've seen worse

Cons

Strategy whiplash. High turnover in executive positions was felt throughout the org.