Baxter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.8

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Was drawn to Baxter not only because they are one of the top medical device companies in the world, but also because of the new CEO's initiatives on telecommuting. I am located in CA and at this time unable to relocate to IL. When contacted by talent acquisition I was completely transparent about my desire to work remotely, but that we could form what an in office schedule that was beneficial for us both would look like - whether that was a regular travel schedule or intermittent as needed. My talent acquisition representative said she would contact the hiring manager to confirm if she was open to such. Once she confirmed that this would be OK a phone screen was set up with hiring manager.

My initial phone screen with the hiring manager went very well. Honestly we hit it off and it felt like I had known her for years. Initially I had applied for a couple of different positions, but after speaking with her regarding my experience she requested I come in to interview for a manager position rather than the specialist position even though I wasn't quite at the years of experience.

Travel was very smooth and Baxter handled everything! When on site I met with the team and I felt like it went very well. Everyone was great, and background and skills seemed to be a great fit for the US Device team. When I left, the hiring manager told me she would like to schedule a call with the Sr. Director and that even if the years of experience were a challenge that we could find a place for me on the team based upon my background.

Once home I sent a thank you and followed up with talent acquisition - this is when things got weird. My talent acquisition representative had moved on from Baxter, and my position was reassigned to another person. He set up a phone call to follow up. The first call he missed and then had to call me the next morning instead. When we spoke he seemed very negative about telecommuting, but said he would gain feedback from the team and get back to me on next steps over the next couple of days. Over a month passed and he had not even informed me if they decided to move forward with someone else - just dark. I wasn't too worried, as I know these things take time and the Fourth of July holiday was coming up.

After the holiday I sent him an email to follow up and he stated that they are not moving forward as they need someone local in IL. Since getting the new talent acquisition representative everything got strange from the negativity towards telecommuting, to not hearing from him even when he said he would get back to me, to the email stating they needed someone local when I was completely transparent from the beginning and it had already been confirmed that the hiring manager was open to the situation. Had the hiring manager said no telecommuting from the beginning I would not have wanted to waste their time, as I know they are very busy people. I did sent him an email stating that I found this surprising considering my transparency from the bringing, but thanking him for the information and should another opportunity allow telecommuting I would gladly look forward to speaking with them in the future. Strange thing was, I was totally blindsided and even said I would be willing to relocate potentially in the future should my role grow.

Baxter is an amazing company, and I absolutely loved the team I would be working with, but just a disappointing and bizarre outcome. Hopefully in the future there will be an opportunity for me to join their team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

2 initial phone screen then a half o day of interviews with 5 people in the same room asking scripted questions. I have conducted 100-200 interviews in my career and the HR person here hasn't got a clue wht she's doing. As a result, they've hired a lot of bad candidates.

Quality Inspector Interview

Interview

The interview was more about your previous work experience and Baxter related questions. The background and resume related questions are frequently asked. Prepare yourself first with the resume and know about the company too.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

Started with an in person interview with an HR person and a tech expert. Very straight forward interview and asked a few technical questions seeing what my level of knowledge was. Went out for a site interview and there is a 100 question technical test and a 4 part hands on technical test. 4 individual tests 10 minutes each. You must complete 2 in the aloted time frame with at least a good solid effort on everything. Next is a walk around with a maintenance supervisor where you can ask any questions you want. Last was a lunch interview in their cafeteria with a manager or two and another 1 or 2 people. Very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Here is 2, 3 phase AC motors. Which one is still operational and which one isn't. The motor that isn't, specifically what is wrong with it that makes it not operational.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

It was very professionally conducted first by a phone screen by the human resources manager and the departmental hiring manager. Then, I was invited for a face to face onsite interview with the group/panel.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baxter (Marion, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a month; first for an informal phone interview and then I was asked to come to the facility for a tour and interview with 4 or 5 employees.

Interview Questions

• If a coworker was not following procedure, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Baxter (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview took too long for a contracted position, wasn't prepared to answer questions from candidate, job description was totally different from what interviewers want, one of the engineers that is hiring for this position will make sure you know what you are doing (will put you on the spot, imagine just working there) panel interviews are supposed to be well structured, managers kept repeating themselves, took 3 hours when it was supposed to be 2 hours due to poor management of structuring interview, took longer to look for the next group coming into interview the candidate, didn't offer water or bathroom break had me sitting in the room for like 15 minutes each time they left to look for next group, total of 3 groups, tour wasn't a tour, was more like putting you on the spot with their equipment, got an offer in late April but declined it, process was really quick, but wouldn't recommend working for this place.

Principal Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview - the manager gave an overview of the organization and described the work. The manager sked only two or three questions. The interviewer was very calm, didn't seem intimidating. But he wasn't clear if the questions were to be answered in a definitive way. It seemed like he was mentioning a problem they are struggling with. Did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling that I was able to provide my perspective fully. was expecting to be asked a brief elevator pitch which he never did.

Interview Questions

• how to divide up requirements in to Agile sprints   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was very straight forward. Had several phone interview and an on-site interview that lasted several hours. Few follow up calls with other groups I would be working and interacting with.

Interview Questions

• Questions about working with others, ability to multitask and prioritize, what you are looking for in your career, etc. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

The hardest part would be getting into their building. The interview process was typical and easy with the hiring manager. But meeting the team would ultimately determine if you're hired or not. Equal opportunity but if you're not the same as the team you are not getting hired!