Baxter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baxter Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.8

FPDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

Behavioral. Was very fast and hurried. Was told I would hear back the night of and never heard anything from them after the interview. Didn't find the experience very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time were you had to work with somebody you found difficult to work with   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

I got an interview at a campus career fair after talking to one of the people in the IT department, and the interview was the next day. I interviewed with a talent specialist and it was a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to walk her through my resume and spent a lot of time asking about specifics   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

Overall quick process. Phone interview, followed up by an in person interview and a second round with the hiring manager. People were nice, questions were mostly related to my resume and team work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

A total of 4 interviews:
    1) Phone interview with an H.R. Representative
    2) Phone interview with the Hiring Manager
    3) In-person interview with the Hiring Manager
    4) In-person interview with the Hiring Manager, Director, and two other managers

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a brand strategy/marketing plan that you consider to have been very successful?   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL).

Interview

Met with the supervisor and manager. Went through my resume and answered questions such as how was my technical writing skill and such we walked over to a glass box that contained all the products that sell and stood next to it for almost a half hour and talked about the products

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baxter (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Seemed that no one knew what was going on. I was told that they would interview other candidates and not talk to me. Then an interviewer contacted me out of the blue for a phone interview. After 4 phone interviews, I was invited to travel for 6 on-site interviews as one of 2 final candidates. Afterwards, I received a very impersonal computer generated email letter saying thank you but no thank you. Then I was denied submission of an expense report for travel to the interview hundreds of miles to the site of their choice. Overall a very impersonal and negative experience.

You would think final candidates would receive a more personal communication and would be paid for expenses incurred for travel of over 300 miles for the interview. What does that say to you about this company?

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background as it pertains to the position. They also asked questions about how I would use this experience to be successful in the position. Additional hypothetical questions about how I would handle situations. It was a difficult process of 6 back to back interviews with no break.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Went to job fair, got offered interview. The interview was on campus in a cafe. Completely 100% behavioral. I was one of maybe 40 people getting interviewed that day, it was at a cafe with 6 or so interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced adversity in a situation? How do you handle it.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Was drawn to Baxter not only because they are one of the top medical device companies in the world, but also because of the new CEO's initiatives on telecommuting. I am located in CA and at this time unable to relocate to IL. When contacted by talent acquisition I was completely transparent about my desire to work remotely, but that we could form what an in office schedule that was beneficial for us both would look like - whether that was a regular travel schedule or intermittent as needed. My talent acquisition representative said she would contact the hiring manager to confirm if she was open to such. Once she confirmed that this would be OK a phone screen was set up with hiring manager.

My initial phone screen with the hiring manager went very well. Honestly we hit it off and it felt like I had known her for years. Initially I had applied for a couple of different positions, but after speaking with her regarding my experience she requested I come in to interview for a manager position rather than the specialist position even though I wasn't quite at the years of experience.

Travel was very smooth and Baxter handled everything! When on site I met with the team and I felt like it went very well. Everyone was great, and background and skills seemed to be a great fit for the US Device team. When I left, the hiring manager told me she would like to schedule a call with the Sr. Director and that even if the years of experience were a challenge that we could find a place for me on the team based upon my background.

Once home I sent a thank you and followed up with talent acquisition - this is when things got weird. My talent acquisition representative had moved on from Baxter, and my position was reassigned to another person. He set up a phone call to follow up. The first call he missed and then had to call me the next morning instead. When we spoke he seemed very negative about telecommuting, but said he would gain feedback from the team and get back to me on next steps over the next couple of days. Over a month passed and he had not even informed me if they decided to move forward with someone else - just dark. I wasn't too worried, as I know these things take time and the Fourth of July holiday was coming up.

After the holiday I sent him an email to follow up and he stated that they are not moving forward as they need someone local in IL. Since getting the new talent acquisition representative everything got strange from the negativity towards telecommuting, to not hearing from him even when he said he would get back to me, to the email stating they needed someone local when I was completely transparent from the beginning and it had already been confirmed that the hiring manager was open to the situation. Had the hiring manager said no telecommuting from the beginning I would not have wanted to waste their time, as I know they are very busy people. I did sent him an email stating that I found this surprising considering my transparency from the bringing, but thanking him for the information and should another opportunity allow telecommuting I would gladly look forward to speaking with them in the future. Strange thing was, I was totally blindsided and even said I would be willing to relocate potentially in the future should my role grow.

Baxter is an amazing company, and I absolutely loved the team I would be working with, but just a disappointing and bizarre outcome. Hopefully in the future there will be an opportunity for me to join their team.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Within a week of applying, I recieved a 30 minute phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was told to come in for an in person interview with 4 senior members. The in person interview was pretty straightforward. They asked a lot of reflective questions, and they were taking notes. The in person interview lasted around a hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that your employer made a change that you find difficult to adjust to?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you witnessed a team member do something unethical, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Global Product Surveillance Quality Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Found out about the position through a recruiter that got in touch with me. Once the recruiter submitted my resume, I was scheduled to interview about a week later. The interview itself was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your weaknesses?
      Describe a time that you were in an ethical situation
      What do good documentation practices and falsification mean to you?   Answer Question