Baxter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

Principal Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview - the manager gave an overview of the organization and described the work. The manager sked only two or three questions. The interviewer was very calm, didn't seem intimidating. But he wasn't clear if the questions were to be answered in a definitive way. It seemed like he was mentioning a problem they are struggling with. Did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling that I was able to provide my perspective fully. was expecting to be asked a brief elevator pitch which he never did.

Interview Questions

• how to divide up requirements in to Agile sprints   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

The hardest part would be getting into their building. The interview process was typical and easy with the hiring manager. But meeting the team would ultimately determine if you're hired or not. Equal opportunity but if you're not the same as the team you are not getting hired!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was very straight forward. Had several phone interview and an on-site interview that lasted several hours. Few follow up calls with other groups I would be working and interacting with.

Interview Questions

• Questions about working with others, ability to multitask and prioritize, what you are looking for in your career, etc. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Tech IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Sat down with a few senior members and was asked about prior quality assessment experience - there was particular attention dedicated to detail. They were very thorough about looking through the resume. Be prepared to explain any gaps in employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to manage multiple project work-flows at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this is an entrance position into leadership, I wouldn't recommend hassling management too much about raising salary. Baxter will already reward you with great benefits and a generous salary.

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baxter in October 2016.

Interview

The HR contact who scheduling my interview with the hiring manager dropped the ball. HR contact sent the wrong phone number to the hiring manager and informed me via email of the interview time 12 minutes before the start time on the day of the interview. Complete fail

Interview Questions

• They were looking for a complete 1:1 plugin for the role based on a niche market - little to no flexibility for growth coming into the position.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Englewood, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

it was a extremely relaxed interview i didn't feel pressured to give the "right answer". i just answered the question to the best of my knowledge. i left the interview actually laughing that is how relaxed the interview process was.

Interview Questions

• what my process of diagnosing a machine break down was   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Baxter (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Lengthy interview process; 1-2 local interviews - 1-2 home office interviews; good interviews at home office because I got to meet many of the people I would be working with at the time

Interview Questions

• Questions about interactions with patients (legal and ethical)   1 Answer

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baxter (Urbana, IL).

Interview

I knew this opportunity through university career fair. I hen applied through career website. After a week or so, the result came out. Really relax and laid-back. First, introduction of the interviewer and his experience. Then, go over the resume. I only got three behavioral question.

Technical Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

Stopped at a career fair booth, had a chat with the recruiter about why I was interested in the company and how I could make a difference. Ended up getting interviewed the next day for an initial face-to-face screening interview. Mostly answered basic behavioral questions and how to handle different situations, nothing out of the ordinary. Got an automated email few days later saying there were better candidates, understandable given the competitiveness for the very few positions available.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you had a conflict with someone at work?
      What langauges are you familiar with?
      Describe one of your projects and how it was implemented.
      Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process from applying to interviewing took about 3 weeks. Brought in for 4 interviews for 45 minutes with 4 managers. No one from HR.- Everyone was really nice. The questions was more behavioral. However several managers were selected to ask very technical questions related to finance like what is the NPV, IRR and how to create a score card. If you do not have a finance background and more accounting, this may be challenging to answer. The also asked questions like how well do you work with a team and what work activities you have participated in for fun.However the people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain which ratio is better. NPV or IRR?   Answer Question
    • What valuable information would you display on a scorecard for a business unit?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had to work with a coworker or group of people who where not opened to working with you?   Answer Question