Bazaarvoice Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 14, 2019

3.6
Joe Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I can work from home when I need to, come in a little early or leave a little early if I need to" (in 35 reviews)

• "The leaders I've worked with all value family and work/ life balance" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "recent management change after which a lot of long-term employees left, high turnover of staff" (in 9 reviews)

• "People who have NO business leading a team, let alone being put into a senior leadership role abounds" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great People/ Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Bazaarvoice for more than 5 years, and have had the chance to develop my career and build my resume. I've gotten opportunities here that I would not have gotten other places. I work with people that are passionate, flexible, and funny. The leaders I've worked with all value family and work/ life balance. In my time here I've seen plenty of people leave and come back. I'm really fortunate to work at Bazaarvoice.

Cons

There are hurdles that come with some transitions, but nothing that you wouldn't see at any other company.

"best employer"

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

great colleagues, great technology, great everything

Cons

business not doing that well

3. "Unforgettable"

Former Employee - Curations Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Curations Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This has been an awesome work environment! You never need to stress over micromanagement, and the supervisors, coaches, and every other person are affable and eager to work there. The position that I had as a Curations Specialist was interesting and even with the expectation to learn and adapt the coaches will set aside their time in order to assist you in thoroughly comprehending the material through training sessions and hands-on practice. I have never felt that I was "only" a remote worker but instead an integral part of the group that happened to be spread over the globe. The kinship is felt in each activity with staff and there are NO issues plaguing this organization such as low morale, favoritism, or no upward mobility. There are continually new open doors that are exhibited to staff so you will independently discover your "niche", in a manner of speaking. This organization, which includes the administration and coach, is big on volunteerism, ie. giving back to the community- food banks and destitute families.

Cons

There are none. Keep doing what you are doing because it is working.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide opportunities for upward mobility and keep the coaches you have. Besides the fact that the job is so interesting, the coaches were another reason I stayed so long and loved my job.

4. "Good work environment"

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

Bazaarvoice has a great corporate culture. The office is beautiful and in a great location.

Cons

Promotions may not always come when they are deserved--even when you have been doing the job description (of the promoted title) for over a year.

5. "Unique Culture"

Former Employee - BDR in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - BDR in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some very talented people that can offer great coaching and learning opportunities.

Cons

Delineated culture isn't completely genuine.

6. "Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

compensation plan for salespeople, work environment, high quality and nice people, truly care about their employees, lots of room to move around and up in the company, growing business, fun industry to be part of, great leadership, lots of free snacks, coffee, tea, etc.

Cons

the snacks in the kitchens are mostly pretty unhealthy (if that's my main Con I think you can tell that I love the company)

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

7. "Positive Direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Numbers are up; team is revitalized.

Cons

2018 was a tough year of necessary adjustments.

"Content Analyst"

Former Employee - Content Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Content Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Little to none. You get to work from home..yay. 🙄 But they treat you like a red headed stepchild since they never see you.

Cons

Awful place to work. Management does not care about employees. Wrong failbacks and supervisors basically say, “Oh well.” As if it didn’t affect our pay! I also worked in another department for a bit and the leadership was non-existent. She was incompetent and blamed us for her inability to teach or train.

Advice to Management

Don’t stick just anyone in a supervisory role. Train them

"Stay away"

I have been working at Bazaarvoice part-time

Pros

Can't think of any at this time.

Cons

In house is sitting in the castle while the peasants do the work. Soon we probably have to pay to work here.

Advice to Management

Just be honest with us what's really going on instead of always lowering the weighting and acting like we peasants have all been overpaid for way too long.

"Current Content Moderator"

Current Employee - Content Moderator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Content Moderator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home is a plus, but no so much when you are stressing to get hours

Cons

This used to be a great job, but things have changed. Work has become sparse, yet you are supposed to keep min hour requirements and your percentages high. Being that I have been here almost 4 years, I can tell when someone is trying to get me to quit. It seems that is the way it is going. You are told to not do something and then when you follow you are penalized for it. And then you are told you should be working towards a certain goal, but things change in your system with no knowledge. And when you bother to ask about it, they give you snarky remarks and there is really nothing you can do to defend yourself. Frustrating as I see myself as a person who will always accept accountability and do care about my work performance. The team is not backing each other. Failed content that is wrong left and right. I always choose to BL content, but others do not feel the same. I think this company may get its wish soon to run me off. I do not like feeling like I am not as smart as I was when I started and taken advantage of. Your opinion doesn't even come to the table as a moderator.

Advice to Management

Maybe check what your people in charge of our work are doing. Maybe be open to hearing how they are wishy washy and then when it comes down to who is right, the moderators do not stand a chance. Compassion would be nice, but hey, who has that anymore