Bazaarvoice Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

211.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Bazaarvoice~147230
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and passion for all those who are in any job that does not have a Director on up title.(in 102 reviews)
  • "Great culture but being in the NYC office we are somewhat separate from the main office in Austin(in 63 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great(in 24 reviews)
  • "work from home, constant feedback, liked the supervising staff(in 23 reviews)
  • "Good work / life balance(in 21 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bazaarvoice and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great hiring process and onboarding!

Jun 28, 2021 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m on my 4th week of onboard and from what I can see so far Bazaarvoice is going places. There’s a lot of exciting things going on and they have a lot to offer their clients. The hiring process was great and very timely and personable. I was curious to see how remote onboarding would be but it’s been great and very intuitive. Everyone has been extremely helpful and friendly. I’m very excited to get started and feel really good about taking a chance on Bazaarvoice.

Cons

Non so far! Seems some areas are having to pivot very quickly due to growth and acquisitions but it’s expected and they’ve been handling it very well.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great people!

May 5, 2022 - Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture & people!

Cons

Constant change as we are rapidly growing

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

One year since last review; still very happy

Mar 28, 2022 - Senior Partner Integrations Technical Consultant in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing strides have been made towards Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) that make the company culture even richer. We have a handful of Employee Resource Groups that are voluntarily led by employees, and have actual company support (not just lip-service but actual assistance) for growth and development. - DE&I Taskforce not only 1) exists, but 2) conducted a pay equity analysis last year to ensure there were no [gender and/or race] gaps in pay at Bazaarvoice. - Still surrounded by smart people who are so gracious and generous with their time and support; not just on my own team but across department lines we see lots of collaboration - We are people first; recently had a slew of medical appointments and the response I received was full of empathy and made me feel supported so I could focus on recovery.

Cons

I have less cons (regarding coverage) than I did last year.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I had fun

May 3, 2022 - Onboarding Specialist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at this job. I made long lasting friendships and had a great time helping businesses close that gap between their clients.

Cons

I did not have any cons. they were like family to me

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive, great collaboration between teams. The culture is very positive and everyone is working toward a unified goal.

Cons

Compensation could be a little more competitive.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Apr 20, 2022 - Sales in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to achieve quota in the sales org.

Cons

Fast paced environment where you have to be comfortable with change.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Flexible hours, Fully remote

Apr 25, 2022 - Content Moderator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and fully remote position.

Cons

There isn't always work which is tough since the pay is metrics driven. Very low base pay (may increase if you meet numbers, but still low pay) There doesn't seem to be any possibility of this turning into full-time work so no chance at benefits in the future. You are an employee, but it feels like a contract/vendor job. Good as a second job/gig.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Pains / Profit over Everything

Aug 10, 2021 - Engagement Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- There are some really personable people. Managers in Services org will acknowledge pain points (even if they don’t have power to do anything) - Some managers are protective of employees time and will go to bat for you working a regular schedule

Cons

- Acquisition / Merger pains: They acquired Curalate mid 2020, and promptly fired not just sales, but also limited available engineering seats. Engineering talent left in droves, and by end of 2021 I’ll eat my hat if more than 10% of the original employees remain. -Bureaucracy - for a mid size company, the number of times initiatives or escalations had to be “run up the flag pole” seemed excessive. Often times resulted in frustrating conversations where you express a pain point and are told “I’ll talk to my boss”. I’ll add that Services management kept asking why Curalate staff were leaving, after multiple employees escalated their concerns. They only paid attention when there was one person left in each of their respective roles (I.e. one original Support team member left). -Benefits - BV says their benefits are in line with other tech companies. Maybe in Texas that’s true, but if you’re in a tech heavy state you can easily get better insurance and wellness benefits. Worth noting that after dissolving office location, BV did not provide any stipend for helping set up a home office. BV also stopped 401k matching during COVID despite record breaking profits. News was delivered by exec sitting in front of courtyard fountain.

13 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Mar 22, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance Understanding managers Leader in its industry - easy to sell

Cons

None so far - enjoying my time here

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent company

Mar 10, 2022 - Client Success Director in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, flexibility, diversity, people, authenticity

Cons

I don't think Bazaarvoice pays quite as competitively as some, but they're not too far off and the work/life balance is worth it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 616 Reviews

Bazaarvoice Reviews FAQs

Bazaarvoice has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 660 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Bazaarvoice to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bazaarvoice employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bazaarvoice. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

86% of Bazaarvoice employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bazaarvoice 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bazaarvoice to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Bazaarvoice Job Seekers