Bazaarvoice Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Joe Davis
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home at your own preferred schedule" (in 25 reviews)

• "BV truly understands the importance of work-life balance" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "People who have NO business leading a team, let alone being put into a senior leadership role abounds" (in 9 reviews)

• "recent management change after which a lot of long-term employees left, high turnover of staff" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Inside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bazaarvoice has great management, a great culture, and some of the most intelligent employees I've worked with. There's a ton of talent and a lot of opportunity to tap into new products and markets

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long and I'm never able to fully check out from my job while I'm out of the office or taking time off.

Advice to Management

Transparency. As the company evolves and continues to grow, employees feel more reassured about the changes when they're in the loop

2. "Content Moderator"

Former Employee - Content Moderator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Content Moderator in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Remote, Flexible, Friendly Atmosphere, Retirement Benefits even for Part-Time. I hated needing to have a part-time job while in school, but this was the best one I could have had.

Cons

Pay scale was a bit low, the work can be monotonous because you are examining social media posts for entire shift

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Horrible Management ruins a great culture"

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture here is truly fantastic (although the new CEO may change the current culture). The actual workers are amazing people and I truly feel as if they encompass what BV tries to be.

Great benefits
    Great culture
    Casual dress
    Open, colorful layout prevents you from feeling like you work in a library
    WFH ability and the freedom to work in focus rooms or on couches for comfort

Cons

Middle management. Especially a team led by a particular woman are very clique-ish and exclusive to people of color. Perception is everything so if the wrong person doesn't like you, your credibility is shot. This team is led by a woman with no previous management experience, is unprofessional, disrespectful, and literally curses out people she doesn't like. How is she employed? Because BV's leadership has a good old boy club who takes care of their own.

Stagnant positions. No real room for growth. You'll find yourself wasting brain power doing the exact same thing every day.

Heavy Micro management

Below average pay when compared to market values

Lack of foresight by leadership. An example of this is a new role was stood up in February 2018 only to be offshored in April 2018 bc it provided no value.

Lack of ability to prioritize projects.

No efficiency

Diversity is not practiced at BV.

New CEO is rude and doesn't consider the people in his decisions.

Advice to Management

Invest in a better vetting system for mid level managers. The good old boy club has to go and diversity needs to be prioritized. Your managers have no idea how to cultivate or lead diverse groups of people and it shows. Teach them how to respect people and get along.

4. "Hard to get anything done."

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

The company has a lot of smart people working there but there is not enough leadership to create true collaboration.

Cons

Managers tend to micro manage and not allow the talent on their teams to develop their ideas.

"Moderator"

Current Employee - Moderator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Moderator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home at your own preferred schedule.

Cons

Often there is a lack of work available.

6. "High energy, talented people, lots of opportunities"

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-People: I am surrounded by incredibly talented people who are hard working and motivated. They are always willing to stop what they are doing and lend a helping hand
    -Culture: High energy work environment with music playing, end of quarter celebrations, and collaborative meetings/work spaces
    -Training: I have received great sales training that I feel like prepares me for any role anywhere I go. Staring as an SDR, i was given many more opportunities, responsibilities, and training than friends at other tech companies in the SDR role.
    -Quick movement: they place a big emphasis on hiring internally and promotions. i was in an entry level role for 7 months before being promoted. I haven't seen this type of momentum at any other company

Cons

-Not competitive enough in pay. People do turn down bigger offers because of the quick movement in the organization, but sometimes pay is more compelling
    -Lots of redundant meetings and syncs. My calendar is full of 1:1s, organization trainings and team meetings. Some of these are helpful, but for the most part they are repetitive and time consuming

Advice to Management

Less meetings and when we do meet, lets come with productive material to make the time more efficient

7. "Inside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The sales development training is valuable no matter where you are in your career.
    There is a great network of (current and past) BVers that will help you be successful.
    You get to sell something relevant and that people want.

Cons

The 401k plan is below average.

8. "Good company but needs improvement"

Former Employee - Moderator in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Moderator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bazaarvoice (More than a year)

Pros

work at home
    flexible hours
    good pay

Cons

not a lot of hours

"How to destroy a good company"

Current Employee - Content Moderator
    Current Employee - Content Moderator

I have been working at Bazaarvoice part-time

Pros

I've been working as a part-time moderator for a few years at this company. I liked the somewhat flexible schedules and the pay, which was pretty good.

Cons

As someone else mentioned, this used to be a great workplace. Recently, it was acquired by someone else and they are basically destroying it. They've dramatically changed the way they calculate failure rates making it almost impossible for someone to stay within expectations. They also changed the character weight for most clients which makes it harder to reach the minimum speed they expect. By doing this, they also lowered our salaries "legally" without giving an explanation.

Advice to Management

There are better ways to make a company more efficient/productive than taking away all the things that made the company great for employees.

Bazaarvoice Response

Jun 5, 2018 – VP, Content Integrity & Insights

Thank you for your work as part of our Bazaarvoice moderation team. As you’ve noted, Bazaarvoice was recently acquired, which has resulted in change. Even when change is a positive for the company... More

"The future does not look bright at this company"

Current Employee - Foreign Language Moderation Specialist
    Current Employee - Foreign Language Moderation Specialist

I have been working at Bazaarvoice part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This used to be an amazing company. I've been working for them for 2 years and the past 2 years were great. I work from home, can pick the hours I'm working, I can work extra if I want to and thus make extra money.

If you're good and faster than your average colleagues, you can make more than $16 per hour. If you're able to concentrate and get the work done as fast as you can, you could make over $32.

That's not possible anymore as BV is lowering the character weight. So, moderators are basically taking a pay cut.

Cons

BazaarVoice recently was acquired by an investment firm and that is bad news for employees. The CEO tried to sell this as a good thing (I'm sure it is/was a good thing for the share holders), but he quit (or got fired?) a couple of weeks after the acquisition.

Employees are being laid off and costs are being cut. The investment firm would like to make some money in a couple of years.

Advice to Management

Keep your talented employees happy because they are most valuable for the company.