Box Reviews

Found 785 of over 838 reviews

4.6
Box Co-founder and CEO Aaron Levie
Aaron Levie

What people are saying about Box

Join the conversation on

Tech

206.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Box~254092
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Box and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place, good pay, good culture

May 18, 2022 - Outbound Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very progressive, great benefits, great people

Cons

No structure to promotion process

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Safe, Fun and overall Healthy Culture!

May 4, 2022 - Corporate Communications
    Business Outlook

Pros

Boxers are fortunate to work for a company that not only has their customers' best interest in mind, but their employees as well. I have never worked in such a healthy and inclusive environment, and for such approachable and adaptable Executives and Managers.

Cons

I am having a difficult time finding the "cons" of working for Box - even after 3 years.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Most positive sales culture I've been a part of!!

Apr 22, 2022 - Account Executive Mid-Market in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-How refreshing it is to be at a company where customers actually like talking to you because the product works and is only getting better! -Pay is competitive -Culture is *very* supportive -Stock is doing great! -Box itself is in a tricky market (why wouldn't I just go with something that's free??) but our differentiators make it a no brainer once you align with a customer's actual needs and pain

Cons

-Covid has been hard. Everyone being remote has been hard. But Box has done it as well as anyone could - and I know when we're all in person again, it's going to be great.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Box is not a great place to work anymore

Mar 5, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture (but how its getting diluted) Good work life balance Some managers do care about employees

Cons

No equivalent refreshers (stocks) even if you are performing good (based on yearly review) at your current level (I am not talking about next level). So basically after 4 years your TC is going to be less. Managers are valued more in my team. In my team only manager's birthdays and joining anniversaries get celebrated with kudo boards etc. Promotions: I see that some teams have lenient promotions vs some have very strict. If you want to join, try to join new, less established team where you will have better chance to get promoted. If you are on IC track, it's really hard to get promoted. While if you are in manager track it will be better. Also I have seen the trend that people who are bold, good at presentation and keep themself's in limelight have better chance for promotion. Overall Box is not a great place to work anymore.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best companies on the planet to work for

Apr 12, 2022 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Best coworkers, leadership, management, culture, diversity, and work life balance. • Best product in our space. Our customers know it. Strong strategic position. • We continue to innovate on top of our existing platform, and our roadmap is delivering higher quality product at a faster pace. Box Sign, Box Shield, Box Governance, Box Canvas, Box GxP, etc........ lots of upside. • Best locations. Offices across the US and global. • Top tier pay. • Stock is performing very well lately.

Cons

• 401k match is missing. • Low budget for lunch. Can't afford most of the items on the menu, so I end up paying extra out of pocket. • We need a LATAM office and to invest a lot more energy and attention in LATAM. This is an absolutely massive market, and it is insane that we've given it so little attention for so long. Giving this market a big push would increase our revenue growth, and thus our stock price by a lot. • We need a China office and to invest a lot more energy and attention in China. We need to do the same thing for other Asian markets, which is a huge underserved segment for Box. Right now we have a Japan office supporting all of this, which is a huge signal of global immaturity, but also means there's a lot of upside. • Apptus CPQ is so annoying! I have to file a support ticket for nearly every quote I create, even for simple quotes......... I should be able to do this without Deal Desk.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A wonderful place to work: well-being is a priority

Apr 27, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

- treated like a human being (understanding that we all have lives outside of work) - what you do truly impacts the company - a variety of ERGs available

Cons

- no 401K match available yet

7. 5.0

Learned lots, great culter

May 4, 2022 - Techical Consultant in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Supportive management - Insight into product roadmap - ESPP

Cons

- APIs not suitable for some use cases customers expected

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really great company to work for

Apr 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture and a lot of learning opportunity.

Cons

Decision making process is not always very clear.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing

Apr 25, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, pay, everything is amazing here

Cons

No 401k match but otherwise none

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I love working at Box

Apr 14, 2022 - Workplace Services Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Caring leadership Transparency from leadership Active Employee Resource Communities Employee Stock Purchase Program Lunch/snacks Awesome office spaces Work/life balance Fun events

Cons

No 401k match (but the ESPP program is a good alternative)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 785 Reviews
</>Embed

Box Reviews FAQs

Box has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 838 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Box to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Box employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Box. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

93% of Box employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Box 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Box to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Box Job Seekers