CastleBranch Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2020

3.3
CastleBranch Founder and CEO Brett Martin
Brett Martin
Pros
  • "Good company culture with bagels every Friday and ping pong tournaments(in 19 reviews)

• "On site cantina with many food options available, plus food trucks brought in on a regular basis(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also, CastleBranch tends to hire the bottom of the barrel of people(in 10 reviews)

• "High turnover I'm assuming because of low pay(in 8 reviews)

1. "Couldn't ask for a better place to work!!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is so friendly and management is always there to help out. The work we do is intriguing and there are always opportunities to grow your knowledge-base. Also, the facilities are really nice and there are plenty of perks that come from working for a business that values their employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

CastleBranch2019-09-24
  2. "Good place"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Wilmington, NC

I worked at CastleBranch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work.

Cons

Treated all employees like they were hourly.

CastleBranch2020-04-14
  3. "Fun and Supporting Culture"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time for more than a year

Pros

CastleBranch puts a lot of focus on its employees, with food days, whole company events, bikes, a running club, etc. They do a lot to make sure employees are engaged and supported. Company reacted quickly to coronavirus and let everyone work from home.

Cons

No tuition assistance. Health insurance is relatively expensive.

CastleBranch2020-03-24
  4. "Not bad"

I worked at CastleBranch full-time

Pros

Benefits, pay, modern vibe, good location

Cons

Culture is a bit clicky, pay, high turnover

CastleBranch2020-03-25
  5. "It's alright"

Former Employee - Applications Support Specialist in Wilmington, NC

I worked at CastleBranch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company culture with bagels every Friday and ping pong tournaments.

Cons

Pay is relatively low with most employees looking to get out.

CastleBranch2020-02-18

"Wouldn’t recommend"

1.0
    Former Employee - User Experience Specialist

I worked at CastleBranch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very few pros to working here

Cons

Terrible management and pay, not worth it

CastleBranch2020-02-29

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere, nice co-workers, relaxed schedule, I can do my work without feeling micro-managed, kind manager, good benefits, brewery night on Wednesdays, fun employee parties and appreciation events, good growth and training opportunities

Cons

Lower pay and the traffic congestion is terrible around the office

CastleBranch2020-01-16

"OK place to work"

Former Employee - Criminal Research Analyst

I worked at CastleBranch full-time

Pros

Casual dress, free gym membership, food trucks, events. I approve of the new CEO. I feel he is looking to change the company in a positive way.

Cons

Pay is terrible. If you change positions, you start at bottom pay again. Some managers run their departments like daycare. High turnover I'm assuming because of low pay.

CastleBranch2020-01-11
  9. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time

Pros

great company to work for great extra benefits

Cons

pay isn't great to start

CastleBranch2019-11-05

"Do not waste your time"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I worked at CastleBranch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Lax dress policy. -Generous in terms of offering free food, pizza days, soda, and snack foods. Mainly during Peak Season (summer). -Overtime offered during Summer months. -Free bagels/pastries on Monday mornings. -Very kind response from the head of the company, Brett Martin, after Hurricane Florence.

Cons

-Little opportunity for advancement despite claiming to have a working "tier system" in place. The tier system is not measurable for certain positions, making it impossible to tier up after a certain point/level. Not to mention, the added workload that comes with tiering up is NOT worth the small raise. And do not even think about tiering up between the months of April-November, as this is the company's "busy season", and lower level employees are often not even granted their "monthly" meetings with supervisors, which ends up meaning that you will not be given any opportunity for advancement during this six+ month time span. -Management plays favorites with their employees and it makes for an awful work environment. They allow particular employees to consistently arrive late, call out, take 2+ hours worth of breaks a day, and allows for embarrassing/repetitive mistakes from the same handful of employees over and over again, despite a clear trend of incompetence and unwillingness to change their behaviors. These problems continue on and go unanswered despite numerous documented mistakes and "mandatory" training sessions. These trainings ended up being an overall waste of time. -Management ignores countless, valid suggestions/ideas made by their employees. They also allow preventable problems to continue on and fester until they can no longer be managed easily/effectively. -The work from employees who call out on a regular basis is dumped onto the employees who actually show up for their job, causing even more tension amongst team members. -Big, energizing pep talks/emails from team leaders (during the busy season)... with absolutely nothing to back up any of the claims/promises they make. Management requests that employees do not take vacations during the summer season AND ask that they work 8+ hours of OT a week, but then lower level employees watch upper management take 3+ trips during those same summer months. -Management does not care about employee opinions and makes that clear by responding passive-aggressively or in an extremely rude tone in front of the entire team. These responses are then talked about amongst lower team members and further management criticism arises only to remain unaddressed because "they are in charge and there is nothing that can be done". -Managers only acknowledge employees as equals when they need something. Management also acts like they are actively hiding things from the team, despite clear signs of changes that are in motion AND incessant gossip from management/team members. This includes the way they hire/fire/promote.

CastleBranch2019-11-09