ClearSlide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dustin Grosse

Pros
  • The people and team I work with are intelligent, hard-working, driven individuals (in 15 reviews)

• Excellent work life balance- Like I said before, I was never asked to work 10 hours a day (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The sales team is starting to see their reps with actual experience leave for other companies now that they're figuring out they're all way underpaid (in 7 reviews)

• Definitely not for the faint of heart (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company with Great Momentum"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ClearSlide ION - awesome new release
    Cool career experiences - great exposure and collaboration with various departments
    Company at the top of new, growing Market category
    Amazing people who work hard and have fun

Cons

Rapid pace with changes that don't work for everyone
    Empowered to drive projects but could use more coaching sometimes from managers (who are also busy)

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

"You will not find a truer review on Clearslide"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the most part a good, smart group of people throughout different teams. Surely, a hard working crew. The views and location are stellar, no doubt about it. Kitchen and snacks are fine, but not uncommon for the startup world.
    The product is improving on a monthly cadence (long overdue). Not great at anything in particular, but decent all around. Beginning to open up more about targets and numbers, which for some reason was kept under wraps for years. Profitable company.

Cons

VERY tough to meet your sales quota unless you're an SMB rep. In which case your in-bound lead flow is only matched by the singles pouring down at Cheetah's in Vegas during NBA All-Star weekend. Almost by default this team will always make quota.

Sales development has been taken apart and lead generation doesn't exist, good luck on ye' mate!
    AE's will 100% outbound and get nothing from Demand Generation/Marketing. Again, unless you're SMB sales, which would not exist if E-Commerce were in play.

Expect work to be HARD and be your own demand gen. engine if you're thinking about joining. "Rock star" sales reps come to clearslide thinking they'll do great because they've done great in past sales jobs, then the wake up call happens. They're usually gone within a few months.

Most of the reps are checked out looking for a more positive culture, guidance and some help, any help, with lead generation and more than 0 SDR's. Favoritism is prevalent and it's obvious to everyone.

Comp plans & pay outs have been misleading and demoralizing as of late. They tell you it'll be better in the long run. *holding breath*

If you're looking for training and career development for sales and services, don't look here. No investment is made for that. Unless you count the inept, hard to work with and inexperienced "sales enablement" which no one does. 'Churn and burn baby' is the mantra for sales here. If you come to clearslide with more expectation than you've read here, come back to this review after 90 days and don't say it wasn't a warning.

Sales at Clearslide is not for the faint of heart. Period.

Advice to Management

If you build it, they will come. Focus on the product and people. Do a better job of instilling confidence in your customer facing teams. Build and invest around the good ones, let go of the bad ones. Kick around the idea of having a Town-Hall meeting and let people be honest about the state of affairs and how it affects there work.

ClearSlide Response

Mar 7, 2017

I was disheartened to read this review. It doesn’t reflect my view of the state of ClearSlide, nor the facts we’ve shared internally with the team. Working at a mid-stage start up like ours is ... More

"Dysfunctional company culture from the top down"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great office location with million dollar view in downtown San Francisco
    - Strong product training

Cons

- Toxic employee/managerial relationships with no system of checks and balances.
    - Leadership fails to address in-office "bullying" to the extent that Head of HR qualified managerial mistreatment as "abuse" and then did nothing to stop it
    - Teams work in silos with a lot of animosity, gossip, and crap-talking across departments like everyone is in High School
    - Subpar product that might have been innovative when the first launched but now their core functionalities are simply considered standard features in far superior products
    - Very little consideration for the customer experience; this company has little regard for disciplines like Customer Success and creating an exceptional customer journey; some of their Account Manager have little training in driving value with product all resulting in massive churns
    - they sail on crony-style sales practices to close deals

ClearSlide Response

Mar 7, 2017

I was very disappointed to read this post. It doesn’t reflect the culture of ClearSlide that I know and help lead. To all of our employees, let me be very clear: we do not tolerate any form of ... More

"Fun culture, but challenged product and management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really like some of the folks at ClearSlide. Genuinely, very nice folks. Probably not the A-Team in the Bay Area, but there are some really smart folks here in some pockets.

Cons

Really tough market space with lots of competing products and price erosion. Not great territory for corporate financial success in the long term. Management seems disjointed and inexperienced. CEO is rarely to be seen.

Advice to Management

Need strong operational leadership and experience. Financial flexibility to explore a new business model. Maybe new investors.

"Decent Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks like most of these negative reviews are from the sales side of the company, which is fair, their job is way more high stress. I'm on the engineering side.

Pros:
    Great people over here who are really passionate about the product and building out great features.
    Very serious about code reviews and making sure no bologna gets through to production
    Fun people. Both to work with and to joke around with at lunch/after hours on Fridays

Cons

if you're looking for the glitz and glamor of a silicon valley startup / big tech giant, this is not the place. Sure we have a kitchen with snacks and coffee, but Clearslide cant compete with other companies when it comes to catered lunches, fun office spaces, or activities.

Hardly any conference rooms, and the ones we do have always seem to be booked by one Person on a phone call. Instead of having 8 HUGE board meeting rooms, how about making some smaller rooms so more people can have one on one meetings or phone calls?

Not too much room for growth. Don't get me wrong, I've learned some great new things while working here, but being that its a smaller company, horizontal or vertical career movement isnt exactly feasible.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with your workers.

"Company seemingly losing track"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide (More than a year)

Pros

Very good people, great product, smart executives

Cons

Off late company is losing steam and direction

Advice to Management

Get more definite in message to employees before it is too late

"You get out what you put in"

Current Employee - ClearSlide in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - ClearSlide in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time

Pros

I've been a part of the ClearSlide team for 3+ years. The day-to-day might not be competely seemless, but I wouldn't trade this team for the world, they're amazing.
    At risk of sounding totally corny, these people are simply the best -- motivated, opinionated, talented...I could go on and on. What you need to know about ClearSlide is this -- they want to know how you feel, they want to know how you're doing, they want to listen to you and help you grow & develop in your career. Often, people don't ask for what they want & get frustrated with leadership, which (in my opinion) isn't fair. The leadership team can't read minds -- if there is something you need be direct, they will do everything in their power to support you. In the past few months there have been some amazing additions to the Sale & Services leadership team who really help drive productivity and results within the organization.
    In addition to having a great team it's a kick-ass product. The screen share is so easy I used it with my dad to talk through my tax documents this year! I love that the team can stand behind a product we believe in.

Cons

Internal systems can be clunky and foreign to new-hires-- there was certainly a learning curve there.

Advice to Management

Don't let the past hold you back. We've been there with you and we've only gotten stronger as an organization.

"All-around positive experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I’ve worked at ClearSlide for 2+ years and am very happy with the experiences I’ve had. It bums me out when past employees who worked at ClearSlide over 3+ years ago comment on our company and it’s current state. I wasn’t here during their time so I can’t provide an opinion on how things “use to be.” Just like they really shouldn’t give theirs on what’s going on with ClearSlide because frankly, they no longer work here and are out of the loop. Rumors and knowing a “friend of a friend” don’t count as being informed.

What I can say and speak to? The people, my team, management and opportunities for growth. The people and team I work with are intelligent, hard-working, driven individuals. They never turn me away when I need help or guidance. I enjoy working with people who are more senior in their careers because I’m constantly learning something new. I never feel as if I can’t speak to them based off of some weird “hierarchy” or set of unspoken rules. They, along with my manager, push me to be better and excel. I’ve been promoted twice at ClearSlide and attribute that in part to the atmosphere and team I get to work with.

This also applies to our leadership team. Many employees come to Glass Door to air grievances that could be solved if only they’d express themselves to a manager or a leadership team member. I’ve never had any issue walking into an office and chatting with one of our leaders no matter the topic, good or bad. Having conversations in person work, I encourage everyone to try it more often.

Cons

It’s true, some days are more difficult than others because things constantly change. But that’s why I work in Tech and at ClearSlide. I get bored easily so the fast paced-ever changing and challenging environment is what I love. It drives me to want to be as successful as possible. The benefits of working at ClearSlide for me outweigh working elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Keep encouraging people to strengthen their interpersonal skills with their colleagues. I'm not recommending more meetings, but more one-on-one interactions. We have so many communication tools available to us I think it's easy to get into the habit of relying on them too much. Brief in person chats can sometimes be way more effective.

"nincompoops are welcome!!"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide (More than a year)

Pros

hardly any... i'd have given some points for the kitchen but then again every second company in the valley has snacks... good views but sadly engineers don't get to enjoy them as they sit on the other side of the building....

Cons

everything is a con... it's a con show being run by con artists who don't even disclose there quarterly numbers... no scope of growth and worst of all upper management encourages snitching to them rather than discussing problems with your immediate managers (p.s. read rebuttals by the head of HR on glassdoor)... my last hopes hinge on a this company being sold to some private equity firm (it has nothing proprietary to be sold to a tech giant )... I just need to get the money I deserve for taking the risk of working here...

Advice to Management

please sell the company and get out of our sight

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time

Pros

Management is very transparent. They hire really well to create a good culture and atmosphere.

Cons

Some startup pains but nothing to be concerned about.