Coach Reviews

3.7
Coach Interim CEO Jide Zeitlin
Jide Zeitlin
Pros
Cons
  • "Strict color dress code only black and grey(in 82 reviews)

• "To run the store well I had very little work-life balance(in 81 reviews)

1. "Great"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I worked at Coach part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company and great management

Cons

There are no cons. Great company

2. "Craftsman"

Former Employee - Craftsman in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Coach full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun and hands on customization

Cons

Schedule was not the best

3. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Coach full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice co-workers and career development.

Cons

Leadership is not diverse or inclusive

4. "Great people, okay work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dawsonville, GA

I worked at Coach part-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a really awesome team at my store that I considered family. They were extremely helpful and wanted the best out of all of the associates. I really enjoyed my time working with them and I would go back if I was able to! You get bonuses if your entire store meets certain sales goals and my store would run competitions throughout the year that awarded free sunglasses, watches, and handbags. Good work was always recognized by my managers and praised and getting a sale felt meaningful when you looked at the numbers. Health/Vision/Dental insurance open to PT1s and Full Time associates too, which is really awesome for a part time job. Employee discount was 65% off outlet items and 50% off retail TICKET PRICE, not off discount.

Cons

The actual job itself was lackluster. There isn't anything special about selling discount handbags to people that already know they're discount. If you're working in the outlet store (like I did), the price sells itself and you're sort of just there to bounce questions off of. I worked at my store for a year and toward the end, it did get monotonous and repetitive using the same sales speeches on customers coming in to browse.

5. "Outlet"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Coach part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers, %50 discount on retail items, interesting international visitors, knowledge of current trends/luxury goods.

Cons

A couple of the managers came off blunt and rude and loud when speaking, which was embarrassing for me and/or any customers who experienced it themselves. Some management seemed to be “cliquey” as well. Outlet discount was a joke. Basically paying what outlet customers pay. Hours were either too many (holidays) or too little to make much off of. Monthly bonuses mostly amounted to $200 for everyone except management who received more. Meetings to go over sales goals and written agreements to do better was belittling when Mandarin/Chinese speaking employees remained top sellers because porters (mostly Chinese/mandarin) made up most bulk sales. Closing time could last additional hour or more. Products not all they are hyped up to be. Plenty of complaints of straps falling apart, threading coming loose etc. No room for advancement seeing as managers came and went every month. Overly competitiveness is pushed too much. Break room is the size of a closet and too awkward/closed in to enjoy using. You’re pushed to always talk to customers and ask questions but some people don’t like to be bothered while shopping and have even asked us to stop following them or avoiding us after. You are still told to keep trying or risk being yelled at over the ear mic that every other employee can also hear. Nearly impossible to call off sick or have a shift covered since there’s not many employees to start with in sales field (which was also constantly coming and going)

Continue reading
  6. "Sales Associate at Coach"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Coach part-time for more than a year

Pros

Had Great Co workers to work with

Cons

The pay was a little low

7. COVID-19

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate

I worked at Coach full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing team! Great discount! Very competitive pay! Company truly cares for their employees. They are the best of the best!

Cons

Register systems were slightly outdated, slow and were a frequent headache. That is my only con!

8. "Just Great"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Barstow, CA

I have been working at Coach full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most caring and compassion people I've ever worked with!

Cons

None for me at the moment.

Continue reading
  9. "Company Truly Cares About Employees"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Coach part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

company truly cares about employees, diversity initiatives, employee training program, employee discount, strong communication from upper management, solid products

Cons

ocassionally rude customers, high sales goals, typical retail schedule (holidays and weekends expected to be worked)

10. "Very competitive"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Coach part-time for less than a year

Pros

Regular retail job, good co-workers and usually very fun. Good pay

Cons

Very competitive and you have to compete for sales. Customers are sometimes incredibly rude and inconsiderate

Found 1733 reviews