Coach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews in one day and I heard back from HR within the next week. The interview took place at their headquarters. I was greeted by someone from the HR department and had all three interviews back to back. Very well organized process!

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your favorite Coach Bag?
      2. What is your general style?
      3. What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY).

Interview

Long interview process. I had 1 phone interview and I had to come in to the office twice. I met with a total of 6 people. I meant with all managers in my department and senior management. They asked a lot of questions regarding how I could apply my current skill set to the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was how did I feel about work long hours. Obviously, you don't want to work long hours but you do what you ahve to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted offer as is because they matched what I was asking.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Marathon interview. I met with 6 people for 30 min - 1 hour each (4 one-on-one interviews, and 1 panel interview), starting from 9am and I got out around 1pm. It was like a test of endurance and by the end I was exhausted. Each interview in itself, however, was not too difficult if you have endurance, and people who are smart and know fashion merchandising succeed. Also, Coach has really invested a lot into its systems and system training, so it's a good idea to emphasize your knowledge of excel, access, sql, sap, etc. Everyone who I met with is very personable and gives information readily, which is amazing since I met with people at all levels, from the Planner level to the Executive VP.

Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Did not fit corporate culture

Interview Questions

• Typical situational interview. Give us an example of when you had to make a difficult business desicion.   1 Answer

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume via school website, got interview in a week or so. The interview is a panel interview, consisting meeting with HR, VP, Director and other team member in one afternoon. The interview took about 3 hours. Hearing back for about one week later that they are going with another candidate comes before me.

Interview Questions

• Giving an example of financial reporting you did, and the insights you gained from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coach (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Had standard in person interview with a store manager, backround check done. Had second interview at another location with DM. All went well. Standard type of questions asked. People were friendly and environment was professional store attmosphere. Timely in manner and some done out of store or in back office. All was neat and clean.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your skill set, what is good and what needs improvement   Answer Question
    • Asked some questions about your previous environment, meeting sales goals, what customers were like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coach (Little Rock, AR) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was a group interview, followed by your one on one interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss, how did you handle that situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered what I asked

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coach (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2010.

Interview

I had a friend that recruited me and I interviewed and got the job. I did an interview with the store manager and then the district manager, after passing the background check they offered me the position

Negotiation

Got $1 less than I asked but bonuses and team share made up for it

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

Ultimately, the hiring and interview process went very well; however, my experience is probably different from almost everyone else's as I was applying for a position out of state. I had a number of interviews - initial conversation with the store manager, a more formal telephone interview with the same store manager, a face-to-face interview with a store manager in my area, a telephone interview with the District Manager and then another interview (though very brief) with the store manager of the store I would ultimately wind up joining (though I did not realize this at the time).

Interview Questions

• Questions were very typical for a retail management position. 1) Tell me about a time you developed someone for a promotion/ fill your position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you manage having to complete multiple tasks at once?   Answer Question
    • Why Coach?   Answer Question
    • How do you like to lead? How do you like to be led?   Answer Question
    • Where do you want from Coach?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coach (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Come prepared to know company and history of it & understanding selling strategies and coaching too. Be sure to come dressed to impressed and if you have one... Bring a coach bag!!

Interview Questions

• Selling & coaching behavior questions   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Spoke one on one with managers various questions while having coffee near the store. Didn't stand out either way seemed very normal and pleasant to speak with. Might suggest to have a double interview