Coach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews in one day and I heard back from HR within the next week. The interview took place at their headquarters. I was greeted by someone from the HR department and had all three interviews back to back. Very well organized process!

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your favorite Coach Bag?
      2. What is your general style?
      3. What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

Group interview, 1:1 interview with store manager, then interview with DM. Rare occasions, you will be asked to have an addtl. interview with District Manager and her boss depending on how they feel about you.

Interview Questions

• Why Coach and How do I plan to keep my team motivated and sales driven ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Met with the manager in the back of the store. The manager was professional, but personable. The interview wasn't too long. Questions were pretty standard for retail. Asked you to share situations you encountered that show ability to deal with difficult people.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a screening with HR. I was asked basic questions and was told my information would be passed along to the director of the department. A week after speaking with HR, I received notification that the director would like to interview me for the opening. A few days later I had the interview with the director and can you say very bizarre. Initially I was asked four basic questions (straight up text book). What are your strengths? Tell me about yourself? Why Coach? After those basic questions, I was asked if I had any questions. I was shocked because I anticipated more questions and definitely more in-depth questions. Nevertheless, I assumed the director wasn't that experienced interviewing so I didn't hold that against the person. However, the interview took a weird turn after that. I asked my questions and received four word answers. I changed my researched based questions to soft ones, like, " Why do you like Coach" assuming I was boring the director with my previous questions. Yet, I was still getting four word answers. At that point I threw in the towel and thanked the director for the interview. The director didn't even counter with next steps and I knew I didn't have the job so I didn't even ask for next steps. This interview was a waste of my time. I feel like the director was just interviewing me to reach a quota. Yet, in the back of my mind I feel like my ethnicity had a major factor in the lack of engagement.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your salary expectations?
      2. Why Coach?
      3. Tell me about your work history?
      4. What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone asking general questions then offered a interview. Next, met with the Store Manager who was training another Store Manager which made two interviews then 2nd interview was with the regional manager, was a 3 week process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight to the point:

What do/did you like about your last job?
      Do you guys have clienteling?
      describe one of your favorite clients?
      Describe a time you had a challenge at work with a difficult customer?
      How would you rate yourself within staff with your current job as far as sales?
      What do dislike most about your current job?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Coach (Locust Grove, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply online or in store. Bring resume as an added touch. They call you in for an interview usually with the hiring manager. If they like you they will ask for you to go on a second interview usually with the store manager. The whole process can take up to a month if they are not fully yet in their hiring stage to hire you ( they stall by saying we are still reviewing or we will give you a call back in the next week). It does not mean they will not hire you or they are not interested , it solely just means they have to be granted the okay to finish up the process and hire you .

Interview Questions

• Why is coach a company you want to work for ?
      What is it about coach that reflects you ?
      What line or guest designer do you of coach this season?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (Bridgeport, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, went to 2 face to face interviews, first was an interview with the Store Manager after U passed the iitial interview my resume was forwarded to the Area manager, They are both very nice and proffesional made me very excited to work with them

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Honestly, after interviewing the young lady from HR, I had no interest in pursuing this position. She was very passive, a lot of "so" "um" "like" was involved which was not helpful in the interview process. She was probably in an entry level position because I did not have an enjoyable experience interviewing her. No desire to work for Coach after this interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your background experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

We were placed into a large room and departments were set up like a career fair. Little information was given for the positions offered and the interview process. It felt like a mess and after standing there for hours on lines it was exhausting.

Anonymous Employee in Wrentham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coach (Wrentham, MA).

Interview

It was very easy; they seem a bit desperate for employees because I was asked to join without an interview. I waited a good 2 months before even being started though.

Creative Department Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

I was supposed to have a phone screen on a Monday afternoon. This phone call was set up after a couple of emails to figure out when it could work for both, as usual. But the recruiter never called me.

I sent her an email after this, asking if we could reschedule (assuming that she had forgotten about it or that she was very busy). I was totally being understanding and asked her in a very nice way. I've never got a response. I sent a second email later that week just asking if the position was still available and, again, she never got back to me.

The experience was very shocking and discouraging since I had been referred by a friend who worked there by the time.