Coach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews in one day and I heard back from HR within the next week. The interview took place at their headquarters. I was greeted by someone from the HR department and had all three interviews back to back. Very well organized process!

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your favorite Coach Bag?
      2. What is your general style?
      3. What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Simple basic interview; a lot of customer-oriented questions. It's the normal retail interview. Nothing special about it really. You might have to do multiple but that's just for show. They know if they want you or not after the first session.

Interview Questions

• Smile, be friendly and you'll probably get the job.

All the questions have to deal with you and the customer; show them you won't freak out on someone and you're good.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

Phone interview a few weeks after I applied. On the phone we briefly discussed my resume and some of my work and interests. A few weeks after, was called back for an onsite interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

The hiring manager was attentive an friendly, they are very interested in multi-lingual speaking associates! In the end be presentable, stylish and knowledgeable about the company, do not come in thinking you will get the job because you like fashion and bags.

Interview Questions

• What do you value Coach as a company?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coach (Katy, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and straight forward. The Assistant Manager as well as another manager were very nice and spoke a little about themselves and how they came to the company before the interview process began.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coach (Garden City, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called by another store manager about my application and informed to meet with the district manager on a specific day at one of their locations. when I arrived there were two store managers, and a handful of people that were applying for part time and full time sales. The two managers running the interview had no idea who I was, kept asking me who told me to show up and insinuated that the position I was interviewing for was already filled. The environment was uncomfortable and not positive for anyone who is trying to interview for a higher level position. They eventually asked me if I could come back and meet with the district manager and I said yes but didn't feel at all like this would be a good fit for me because the environment clearly lacked communication and professionalism.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

Group interview, 1:1 interview with store manager, then interview with DM. Rare occasions, you will be asked to have an addtl. interview with District Manager and her boss depending on how they feel about you.

Interview Questions

• Why Coach and How do I plan to keep my team motivated and sales driven ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Met with the manager in the back of the store. The manager was professional, but personable. The interview wasn't too long. Questions were pretty standard for retail. Asked you to share situations you encountered that show ability to deal with difficult people.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a screening with HR. I was asked basic questions and was told my information would be passed along to the director of the department. A week after speaking with HR, I received notification that the director would like to interview me for the opening. A few days later I had the interview with the director and can you say very bizarre. Initially I was asked four basic questions (straight up text book). What are your strengths? Tell me about yourself? Why Coach? After those basic questions, I was asked if I had any questions. I was shocked because I anticipated more questions and definitely more in-depth questions. Nevertheless, I assumed the director wasn't that experienced interviewing so I didn't hold that against the person. However, the interview took a weird turn after that. I asked my questions and received four word answers. I changed my researched based questions to soft ones, like, " Why do you like Coach" assuming I was boring the director with my previous questions. Yet, I was still getting four word answers. At that point I threw in the towel and thanked the director for the interview. The director didn't even counter with next steps and I knew I didn't have the job so I didn't even ask for next steps. This interview was a waste of my time. I feel like the director was just interviewing me to reach a quota. Yet, in the back of my mind I feel like my ethnicity had a major factor in the lack of engagement.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your salary expectations?
      2. Why Coach?
      3. Tell me about your work history?
      4. What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone asking general questions then offered a interview. Next, met with the Store Manager who was training another Store Manager which made two interviews then 2nd interview was with the regional manager, was a 3 week process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight to the point:

What do/did you like about your last job?
      Do you guys have clienteling?
      describe one of your favorite clients?
      Describe a time you had a challenge at work with a difficult customer?
      How would you rate yourself within staff with your current job as far as sales?
      What do dislike most about your current job?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Coach (Locust Grove, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply online or in store. Bring resume as an added touch. They call you in for an interview usually with the hiring manager. If they like you they will ask for you to go on a second interview usually with the store manager. The whole process can take up to a month if they are not fully yet in their hiring stage to hire you ( they stall by saying we are still reviewing or we will give you a call back in the next week). It does not mean they will not hire you or they are not interested , it solely just means they have to be granted the okay to finish up the process and hire you .

Interview Questions

• Why is coach a company you want to work for ?
      What is it about coach that reflects you ?
      What line or guest designer do you of coach this season?   Answer Question