ComDoc Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
ComDoc President Gordy Opitz
Gordy Opitz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are good people who work there (in 5 reviews)

• For the Sales Reps who fail and then bash the company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Many other sales reps doing what your doing from other companies (in 3 reviews)

• Some bad people who seem to want to see people fail so that they feel better about themselves (in 2 reviews)

1. "service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at ComDoc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many career opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

There aren't any cons in my experience

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate and listen to your team

Feb 15, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. As you mention, there are a lot of opportunities not just within ComDoc but within the entire GIS and Xerox families. We hope your journey with... More

2. "Account Manager"

I have been working at ComDoc full-time

Pros

You have your own business within your territory.

Cons

A lot of competition out there

Feb 15, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write down your thoughts. Our sales force is one of the BEST and they carry on the entrepreneurial spirit this company was built on. Even with all the competition... More

3. "A “pretty good” place to work, a great place to be a customer."

I worked at ComDoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a good company to work for. The people are what make the company; made quite a few friends while there.

Cons

While having opportunities to create, share, and implement innovations in your department (as well as throughout the entire company) was unique and constructive, the means in which supervision and management forced it on us was overbearing. It took the fun out of coming up with ideas.

Think of it as “mandatory volunteerism”.
    It got old really quickly.

Advice to Management

Don’t put so much pressure on employees to innovate. It’s not as enjoyable as you might think.

Nov 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and remind us that being a GREAT place to work is (and will always be) a work in progress for some of our partners.

We hope that you were able... More

4. "Account Executive"

I have been working at ComDoc full-time

Pros

The Ability to create my own schedule with clients.

Cons

The industry is becoming more & more commoditized.

Nov 16, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate knowing that the entrepreneurial spirit this company was founded on is still alive and well. We wish you all the best and hope that... More

"People are nice that work here"

I have been working at ComDoc full-time

Pros

People are nice, work week is Monday thru Friday , few to no weekends if you are at Corporate, variety of work, never the same thing twice.

Cons

ComDoc is focused on promoting millennials, however, if you are not part of the 'in crowd' you will not be approached. They don't have a work from home policy and don't seem to want to entertain it, Insurance rates go up each year, terrible vacation policy. 4 weeks of vacation after 7 years, then no increase until 30 years! 30 years!! You can wear jeans 1 day per month... it is almost like they are afraid to change with the times. Overall, they just don't listen to what drives their employees.

Advice to Management

Making changes to small 'issues' would make a huge impact on the happiness of employees. What would it hurt to let Corporate partners wear jeans every Friday? Change the vacation policy to 4 weeks at 7 years and then once you hit 15 years you get an extra day every year (or something like that). Change the things you can control to improve employee moral.

Nov 16, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. We appreciate your advice on how to make the culture better and we will certainly take this under advisement as we move forward. We... More

6. "Good Starter Place"

I worked at ComDoc full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere. Friendly people and fun.

Cons

Salary and mind numbing work.

Nov 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and offer some pros and cons. We agree, we have some really friendly and fun people that work here.

We are sorry that we did not meet... More

7. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at ComDoc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ComDoc is a flexible fair employer who truly cares about their people. Autonomy is encouraged and you don't have to fear making mistakes because that is part of learning and growing. It's a very nice feeling to have the CEO smile and call you by name when they pass in the hallway. Or the VP comment about a recent trip you posted on Facebook. That makes it feel very warm and personal.

Cons

The HVAC is always a battle in the corporate building! A minor issue, but prompt attention is always given to the issue.

Advice to Management

Smile and greet your employees each and every time you see them in the hallway. A smile and kind hello goes a long way each and every day!

Sep 25, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and offer your thoughts. We agree that random acts of kindness and a simple smile are some of the best attributes of our partners and leaders... More

8. "Distribution Innovation Center Employee"

Current Employee - DC Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Current Employee - DC Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at ComDoc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Super awesome culture where people care about each other.
    Encouragement to be the best you can be- the opportunities are abundant for those wishing to seek them out and advance their careers.
    Employees are encouraged to make a difference through innovation.
    Leadership team is the absolute best group of people you would ever meet in your life!
    Tuition reimbursement/new hire referral bonuses/rewards for being innovative/annual corporate awards/annual bonuses based on company profits/flexibility/CEO is a very caring person that takes the time to talk to everyone

Cons

Medical benefits are expensive with high deductibles.
    Terrible vacation policy that rewards a seven year employee the same as a 29 year employee.
    Only 5 sick days per year and you better not use them.

Advice to Management

We need air conditioning in the warehouse.
    Better vacation policy.
    Better medical benefits that are more affordable.

Sep 25, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and offer your thoughts. We agree 100% with you, ComDoc is FULL of amazing people who care and encourage change through innovations that come... More

9. "Great company for people who like to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Akron, OH

I have been working at ComDoc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with ComDoc for nearly 10 years. I started as a basic territory manager just out of college and have served in multiple sales and supervisory roles since. I was provided a detailed growth plan based on my desired path to leadership. Via quarterly and annual performance and career planning sessions ComDoc has provided me with detailed plans and a clear path to achieving my goals. I feel the need to point out based on other reviews that I have no family that works at ComDoc (nor did I prior to working here), zero industry knowledge or experience, & I also did not know a single person at ComDoc when I began...although there are dozens of ComDoc folks that I now consider close personal friends. It's a competitive industry and not for the faint of heart. Passionate, hard-working individuals have done exceptionally well at ComDoc. Those who are not ambitious and simply looking to skate by will wash out quickly due to the culture of accountability and high achievement. Leadership is fantastic, if you are willing to listen and allow yourself to be inspired. The majority of sales leaders were at one time top performers themselves. Many new hires struggle due to their unwillingness to listen and learn from the veterans around them. I sought those veterans out early in my career, and it benefited me greatly and still does to this day. Sales roles at ComDoc require skill as we are rarely the lowest price. I sense that many discouraging reviews were written by reps who lacked necessary sales skills and were unwilling to learn them....likely looking to sell strictly on price and features; that is not a good strategy as cost competitors are a dime a dozen in this industry. ComDoc has an incredible value statement; our community involvement and civic commitment is unparalleled. I consider myself very fairly compensated, and my earnings have been consistent with that of a top performing medical device or pharmaceutical sales rep based on discussions I've had with others in those professions. Quotas are custom and very attainable. Other reviews mention expensive health benefits, but have you checked the benefits market lately? Premiums and deductibles are very much comparable to other companies within the private sector.
    Ultimately your attitude, work ethic, and willingness to learn will dictate your success at ComDoc. You will not be the CEO after 2 months at quota. Again, consider my perspective as a brand new sales rep who was permitted an opportunity to work their way up through the company based on the aforementioned values and attributes. It's not magic, just hard work and discipline! I love what I do and I love who I do it for! There is no better copier company out there!

Cons

Competitive industry. Many low price providers.

Sep 8, 2017 – HR Manager

First let us say...congratulations on your 10 years with ComDoc. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your career path and real life experiences within our industry.
    We... More

10. "Get out what you put in"

I have been working at ComDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company with amazing employees. ComDoc and their leadership really wants to you succeed and will give opportunity after opportunity to do so! You have so many resources to utilize and failure only happens when you don't use them!
    This is a family environment and you become real close with your co-workers.

For the Sales Reps who fail and then bash the company... what did you do to be successful? Obviously did not use the people they placed there to assist you!

Cons

Sometimes when an employee wants to quit, they offer a different job to them. One employee is in their 3rd position in less than 2 years and they still complain. Yes, training is almost non-existent and when i bring it up to our development team, they say to talk to HR.
    Most money goes to Sales reps who do the minimum work and rewards are seldom per say.
    Sales reps to struggle but there isnt a push to help them, management just barks to work harder instead of encouraging or pushing them to find help with their support team.

Advice to Management

Invest a little more in your support teams.... especially those out in the branches away from Akron. I love there are people I can go to but I would love for people to come to us!

Sep 8, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and offer your thoughts. We agree 100% with you, ComDoc is FULL of amazing people who care and are here to help in any way.
    We know that we are... More