Concentra Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Concentra President and CEO Keith Newton
Keith Newton

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management communication was terrible (in 30 reviews)

• Some clinics operate on weekends, so work life balance is sometimes a problem (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Center Medical DIrector - Jacksonvile FL"

Current Employee - Center Medical Director in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Center Medical Director in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Concentra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is an atmosphere of family with Concentra that I have not known with former employers both large and small. The teamwork between all staff members makes even the most trying days go smoothly and with a smile The support does not only come from the staff but from the corporate level as well which is also refreshing and not expected when working in a corporate atmosphere. I would recommend working with the company highly but wear your running shoes - it is definitely fast paced!

Cons

I was not used to the fast pace of care and the numbers seen but have quickly adapted to it. Definitely wear your running shoes here! I was also apprehensive about seeing Urgent care as I am board certified in Occupational Medicine but being coupled with a mid-level provider - has helped relieve my concerns and have grown in experience in doing urgent care

Advice to Management

Keep up the great support you give to all your employees - it is noticed and greatly appreciated!

2. "Doctor"

Current Employee - Physician in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Physician in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Concentra part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses helps the day much more woth it
     The patients that are grateful

Cons

Challenging patients who don't want to retuens to work and we send them kicking and screaming. Help us all.

Advice to Management

Work harder, play these doctors better

3. "Physical Therapy Support Specialist"

Current Employee - PTSS in Romulus, MI
    Current Employee - PTSS in Romulus, MI

I have been working at Concentra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent. May have to call insurances to obtain authorization. Hands, on working directly with patients under the super vision of a physical therapist. 9am-5pm, 40hours a week

Cons

Have to train for a month at a different center. Depending on the therapist your working under, some micromanage and may not be a warm work environment.

Advice to Management

Great company but some therapists are condescending when talking to other staff, makes for a low morale in the work place

5. "If they contact you, run!"

Former Employee - Content Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Content Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Concentra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck. Plus 2 words cause it's required.

Cons

This is all on the corporate level: Benefits are terrible and well below par. Healthcare is high cost. You don't start with any PTO it is slowly accrued after the first 90 days. Tuition reimbursement is $1,500 per year and you must work an additional year after or pay it back. They only recognize 6 holidays per year. On-boarding is a scrambled mess.

Advice to Management

When you write a job description and hire a person that fits said job description, understand that the person you hired left another position to work for you. Changing your mind and deciding you want a completely different position especially in a span of only three weeks is completely unacceptable. You should realize that perhaps you are being purchased because you make an excellent tax deduction rather than a revenue generator.

Concentra Response

Apr 22, 2017 – Director

I’m so sorry you had a poor experience working with us. Our job descriptions aim to encompass the full scope of the position, and not all aspects of the position may be experienced within the first ... More

"Fun place to work but bad experiences"

Former Employee - Referral Supervisor in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Referral Supervisor in Plano, TX

I worked at Concentra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The start out pay was great for an entry level position. Teams generally become very close and the environment can be fun.

Cons

In my experience some of the upper management was not supportive to the supervisors under them. There was a lot of un necessary blame placed instead of giving advice. I do believe that the management staff that I struggled with are no longer there though, so that is a pro.

Advice to Management

Be supportive to your staff and listen.

7. "The danger zone"

Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Concentra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big company with lots of resources.

Cons

The patient volume is so high there's always a danger of mistaking a diagnosis or overlooking an important detail.

Advice to Management

There's a reason the company loses a quarter of staff every year. Instead of sending out emails of how wonderful it is to work hard, come down to the clinics and see what it's like to go home worried every night.

Concentra Response

Apr 21, 2017 – Director

Thanks for the feedback and review. We work very hard to ensure our clinics are staffed to appropriately serve the patient volume in order to meet patient expectations and provide a good patient ... More

8. "Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Concentra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great pay, work-life balance and benefits for thise that work hard. changes

Cons

company was going through a Merger with Select Medical and made for several lay-off not uncommon given the state of the M&A.

Advice to Management

Put forth an effort to allow new employees with desire and passion to provide a meaningful difference

"Better now under Select Medical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Concentra full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- flexible work from home policy, friendly company culture, opportunities for promotion/development across all business lines. Our company takes care of America's workforce - it's an honorable duty. Our new CEO truly cares and constantly looks for ways to improve the company. Benefits are pretty good & your pto gets more and more size able the longer you're here.

Cons

Sometimes the work load seems never ending. We went through some major restructuring in 2016 & the dust is still settling to a degree - much better now though.

Advice to Management

Give credit when credit is due. Don't let your best people slip away.

10. "VP"

Former Employee - Operations Director in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Director in Addison, TX

I worked at Concentra full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dynamic environment. High energy. Dedicated colleagues who focus on patients. Leader in occupational medicine leveraging experience and data to deliver great outcomes to employers.

Cons

Cross divisional cooperation inhibited by leadership. Lacking focus on customer attrition and productive sales pipeline. Teams and individual input lacking.

Advice to Management

Implement cross-functional cooperation

11. "concentra family"

Former Employee - Back Office in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Back Office in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Concentra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working for concentra. The best part about working there was that everyday was a different experience. The physicians i worked under were very knowledgeable and great at what they did.

Cons

overall it was a great experience working for concentra i learned a lot.

Advice to Management

The front office and the back office work very hard. I would consider a little more pay. Overall i think this is a great place for a medical assistant to get experience.