68% would recommend to a friend
(4664 total reviews)
84% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Most of the people that work at Fastenal are great people from the top to the bottom." (in 217 reviews)
- "Always understaffed and flexible hours." (in 150 reviews)
- "Good benefits and family atmosphere" (in 117 reviews)
- "Great training to help sales and knowledge of customers" (in 91 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule and not too demanding." (in 87 reviews)
- "There wasn't to much wrong other than the boredom and the low pay the bosses were dicks also but it's ok" (in 500 reviews)
- "1. Poor management 2. Poor accounting and lack of HR 3. Change Implementation 4. Lack of growth." (in 195 reviews)
- "Bad upper management." (in 100 reviews)
- "In all I would say hire more people who are good managers." (in 95 reviews)
- "Very low commission." (in 86 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Fastenal and is not affected by filters.
Found 4,664 of over 5K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Dec 4, 2023Supply Chain AnalystCurrent Employee
I get good hours, and decent pay could be better, but the engaging work, and the hope of a full time position are what keep me around
For me no matter where I go it's a long commute con more so of where I live
- 4.0Sep 5, 2023Account SpecialistCurrent Employee
Customers | Team | Management | Daily Work I rarely have a bad experience with my customers, the team is a joy to work with, the General Manager is beyond excellent but the district manager is a bit disconnected from reality. The daily work is interesting and engaging and is rarely dull or overly stressful. I came to Fastenal as a throwaway job but was won over and stayed longer than I thought I would. A great place to cut your teeth if sales is what you want to do.
Pay | Location Denver and specifically Montbello/Aurora are stains on the planet and this is the location of the facility and all customers. My wife and I can't afford a home of our own with the pay and we penny pinch enough to make Scrouge proud. I recommend learning, developing, and growing here then taking those skills somewhere you can actually prosper, not just survive.3
- 4.0Dec 4, 2023Supply Chain AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLas Vegas, NV
Weekends off, great flexibility, decent pay.
Not for late sleepers, it takes a while to get used to the intensity of the labor so the first couple of weeks will be a little stressful.
- 3.0Nov 26, 2023Onsite Account RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearGreensboro, NC
Good employees that want to do well. Management willing to help with certain issues.
PAY! This isn’t a place you stay at 5+ years. 2 years max. Get your experience and look elsewhere. Competitors pay so much more. Being understaffed in everything. You’ll do the job of 4 people because they don’t have employees but you’ll be paid pennies. Turnover. People don’t stay long here. They find better opportunities and go. If you get stuck with an on-site and the customer doesn’t want to spend money your pay will suffer. Salary depends on national contract prices that are out of your control.1
- 4.0Dec 4, 2023Store Operations ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
Depending on the manager very laid back
Hitting your sales goal can be difficult sometimes
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023Part Time Supply Chain AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChampaign, IL
The job is simple. As long as you have a good and understanding general manager, you will have a good time.
The work can be repetitive at times.
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023Onsite Account RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsColorado Springs, CO
Growing region causing creation of non branch related job. High base pay +commission for most roles High level of further training in multiple fields of business available Company vehicle provided during work hours. No layoffs made in past 4 years. Even during Covid. Great benefits
Pay scale could be adjusted to allow higher incentives to grow. No relocation assistance for most jobs
- 5.0Nov 17, 2023Sales SupportCurrent EmployeeMassillon, OH
Freedom by allowing you to run the business how you want to. I am not micromanaged, they are very flexible.
Getting harder to move up
Fastenal Reviews FAQs
Fastenal has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 4,907 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Fastenal to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
68% of Fastenal employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fastenal 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.