Fastenal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.2

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of a few brief questions which was to be followed by an on site interview with a manager followed by another on site interview with another manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

1st interview (phone) - what you know about the company, tell me something about yourself, details on the resume, and when are you available.
    2nd interview (store manager) - same with the first interview, with some additional questions about leadership and teamwork. Just go with the flow.
    3rd interview (district manager) - question about leadership skills, teamwork, and book of business

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email the following morning to call into HR, to confirm a few basic questions.

Got a call from a branch manager a few days later for a face to face interview. This interview was a 'get to know' kind of deal. At the close of that interview I was informed the next step would be a face to face with the district manager.

I followed up via email with the branch manager a few days later.

The next day the branch manager set up my interview with the DM.

The interview with DM was laid back. More of a 'getting to know you' getting to know you. What are your long term goals, getting a feel if your personality fits with the company ethos.

Got a call the next day with a offer, which would be final after a motor vehicle record pull and standard drug screen.

After those got back I was able to set a start date.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, walked in, toured the place, was offered a job. This was just a part time job, so there wasn't a lot of requirements for it. This is a great place for people in need of a part time job if you are looking.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Saint Albans, VT) in January 2017.

Interview

1st of all I am not mad I did not get this job I am happy I had the experience they gave me to see the how unprofessional employees are at this company.
    My interview process was horrific. I applied as company policy stated. Online with resume, and cover letter. I got a call from HR to where a woman asked me questions then told me someone would be in touch. From then on all goes down hill. It took days to get a call, yet when I did the person set up my interview with them to be 1 week out. I go in and interview with him and first words are ... I don't make hiring decisions, my boss does, and if I like you, then you will meet with him and if he thinks you fit the job you will be hired. He also states people have been taking the position then quitting so they are offering the people they want to hire to shadow prior to acceptance. After meeting with who would be my boss, it took yet another 2 weeks to meet his boss. When I do he tells me he wants me to shadow for the job and after my immediate boss and I email on clothing to wear. He recommends I buy blue shirts and khakis wear dress shoes and bring boots to which I confirmed if he wanted steel toe. He stated to bring them if I had them. I didn't so I went without thinking I would ask other employees where they got theirs. I shadowed a woman, in tight grey hip hugger pants to which she did nothing but pull up after she bent over. She did not educate me on the company, but chose to speak of all the 30 year old bosses that were bald she worked for. During my interviews it was talked about that I would end up doing inside sales due to my previous experience. I felt the experience at both interviews and shadowing was not professional. Also, the person i shadowed should not have her phone with her in case of emergencies as she texted while driving and I felt unsafe. I knew she was texting our immediate boss as she told me to leave when we got back to the building and that the boss would ...be in touch. Now I am not stupid, that is the lazy bosses way of telling you you didn't get the job, but texting the delivery person you are shadowing to tell you this so the boss doesn't have to do his dirty work is very unprofessional. Yes, I emailed the boss to follow up as he has yet to respond...very unprofessional. I wonder if these practices are taught in Fastenal University? I was told I was going to be paid $12.00 hr, now th job does not exist for me as it is still online.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I gave you some files of customers?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel being here at the store making calls to customers?   1 Answer

DC Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olyphant, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Olyphant, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The overall process went well. The people there are all very friendly and were helpful in clarifying some of the questions that I had about the position. The work environment looks a little smaller than I thought it would be, but it seems to be nicely maintained. Everyone I spoke to spoke very highly of Fastenal and were enthusiastic about their positions and the progress that the company was making.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that you have been faced with in the past and how you were able to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was brief and to the point. It was conducted at the branch I interview for, everyone was very friendly and it only took a few days to get a response back.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

First step in the interview process was a phone interview. They had me in a week later for an in person interview with hr. All of the interview questions were your standard questions about previous experiences

Interview Questions

• What are your previous experiences? How are you able to motivate people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The interview was very basic

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Fulton, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and painless, about 30 mins total. Had 2 interviews, one with GM and another with the DM. Was offered the job, but a turn of events within the company derailed that venture.

Shipping Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Talked with the direct supervisor, low key interview, got to know me better, expected results when hired, walked through the area I would be working at and walked through job.