Fastenal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Manager for a job it of college. I was willing to relocate from another state. I interviewed for a branch position. I received a call back and a start date shortly after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Help Desk Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Online application. No indication of how much they are willing to pay in exchange for your labor, but they demand that you provide your “expected salary range” or you cannot apply.
    The next day was a phone interview that literally asked you the same questions you already answered.
    A week later there was an in person interview.
    A week after that was a second in person interview.
    Then they said they’d make a decision by the end of the week and notify all the applicants on Monday.
    Then they don’t bother to call at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you found a problem before it became a problem. How did you identify it and what did you do to prevent it?   Answer Question

Pt Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Short and to the point no unnecessary stuff was said. Not a waste of your time, they will work with different interview times if you can not make it to the one they set up for you

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews, one with the district manager through my college then one with a store manager. Study the corporate question list and you’ll be fine. Questions come directly from there

Anonymous Employee in Turlock, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Turlock, CA).

Interview

It took 4 interviews for 2 separate locations. The district manager even remembered me during the 2nd interview with him for a different location. He made me feel like he was just hiring me to get the dirty work done because the store was a disaster and it needed a lot of cleaning and re-organization. After I got the job he came in to inspect the store and he told me he knew he hired me for a reason. The reason was just to have me clean up the messes of 3 guys.

Part Time Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guin, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Guin, AL) in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email about a week after I applied to set up a phone interview. Maybe up to a week later I received another email to set up an in person interview with the general manager. The general manager set me up an interview with the district manager the next day.

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal in November 2017.

Interview

Great interview, informal and friendly. No stress. Had two phone interviews and one sit-down interview. Process went very fast. And very helpful and explained the entire process and toured the store.

Packing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview, got a call a couple of days later asking me to come in for a face to face interview, I agreed. The HR Rep sent me a confirmation e mail for the scheduled time she discussed on the phone. An hour later the same HR Rep sent me another email to please disregard the first e mail and had another date and time on the second email.
    Two days later...I got an email stating I was not a fit for the company. I had not even been to the interview.
    I replied to the HR Rep asking if she could confirm if I was suppose to come to the interview. No response. Very unprofessional. I had researched the company online and was very excited about working with the company.
    I would never want to work for a company that treats people like this during an interview process.

Interview Questions

• Can you come in for the Interview?   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

The interview is easy. They want to see if you're willing to stay with the company for x amount of years. Turn over is high so if you sound motivated and willing to stay AND you're not an idiot, you'll probably get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I had 3 interviews one on the phone, one with the gm, and one with the district manager. It was easy but I felt a lot of pressure. They ask good questions and you should respond with reasonably accurate answers.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself staying within the company?   1 Answer