Found 2,056 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "poor management and had a very hard time keeping employees" (in 132 reviews)
- "Low pay and expected to make a lot of sales" (in 122 reviews)
- "long hours and not good paid" (in 89 reviews)
- "Managers talking bad about customers through headsets( Infront of them)" (in 81 reviews)
- "No commission and you get low hours unless you're a manager" (in 57 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Guess? and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Nov 19, 2023Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPhiladelphia, PA
40 percent off clothes and good operating hours
Everything else the pay is terrible will have you do co-manager tasks with no pay raise
- 3.0Oct 23, 2023Menswear DesignerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Great Healthcare and Paid Internship program.
Weak Support System from Management especially dealing with Design Calendar Change. Design Manager would routinely check in with designers nicely but fail miserably to provide real assistance to the designers with extra workload.
- 1.0Nov 5, 2023Retail Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDawsonville, GA
Besides a guaranteed payday, not much else. Associates do get an initial 60% off after completing training (IF they ever sign off on it).
The staff is toxic and controlling. Ridiculously low hours due to management and an overall high school “mean girl” environment from both management and associates alike. Best to move on.
- 3.0Nov 3, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
Good training, nice people, 40 - 50% discount
You get hours based on performance and dollar amount you sell per hour. Newbies barely get any hours
- 4.0Oct 10, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLawrenceville, GA
Lovely Management can be kind and understanding.
Stressful holiday seasons overwhelm often small storefront.
- 4.0Jul 18, 2023Assistant BuyerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Guess is a really amazing place to work if you are ambitious and eager to learn. You will receive some of the best training in the industry and will always have resources available to further develop your buying skills. You will also work with some of the best people!
Don’t come to Guess if you aren’t prepared to work really really hard. It’s a demanding job and you will have long work days during buys. Urgency is key here and you can’t be the type to crack under pressure. You will feel the pressure at Guess. But the cooker pressure environment is what develops the best buyers. And accomplishments and wins are recognized here.
Guess? Reviews FAQs
Guess? has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 2,344 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Guess? to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
55% of Guess? employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Guess? 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.